Club seats question?

steven50

Sideline Clubs and Indoor clubs

https://www.buffalobills.com/tickets/club-seats

Is it worth the money? I haven't bought season tickets in a while (to much going on) but am considering it now that life has slowed down. Getting up there in age though and not a fan of sitting in the elements, so:

Are all the outside  club seats covered and kind of warm?

Are the indoor club seats significantly more expensive then the outdoor ones? Are the indoor ones worth the extra money?

When you click on that map the bills have on their site it just says club seats. It doesn't differentiate between outdoor and indoor.

It's been a while. I wasn't a fan of the indoor seats. Its kind of quiet in there. I think they turned the radio broadcast on after a while. They're also in the endzones. 

IIRC the inside ones cost a lot more than the outdoor ones. I think the Outdoor clubs have section numbers and the Indoor are named after sponsors. 

Outdoor seats are nice. If you're under the heaters you'll be comfortable. I think the first 10 or so rows aren't under the heaters. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

27 minutes ago, steven50 said:

Is it worth the money? I haven't bought season tickets in a while (to much going on) but am considering it now that life has slowed down. Getting up there in age though and not a fan of sitting in the elements, so:

Are the indoor club seats significantly more expensive then the outdoor ones? Are the indoor ones worth the extra money?

When you click on that map the bills have on their site it just says club seats. It doesn't differentiate between outdoor and indoor.

First off, you're gonna pay out the nose, especially with the new 12% increase. And not all the outdoor club seats are under the heaters. If you have a disposable income it might be worth it. But for what they charge, I'll keep my outdoor seats, which I'm seriously considering canceling with the new increase. I'm being outpriced, even before the new stadium is built. 

41 minutes ago, steven50 said:

First thing you’re going to have to do is get in the waiting list. Just received an email from my ticket rep that stated they are increasing season tix accounts this season and there is still a 6,000 person waiting list. 

there is a difference in price between the inside club seats and outdoor clubs. The M&T club and Bud Light club start at 3,000 and 3,800 with a 3 year commitment. 

each outdoor club ranges depending on section and if you are under cover with heat. The first 7ish rows in the outdoor clubs are cheaper and are not covered, but you will have access to the indoor section where the bathrooms, vendors, and TVs are much better than anywhere else in the facility. 

the heated seats are worth it for sure. But it is a different atmosphere than the inner bowl and 300s. 

I’d add an image but it appears to be too large to link. But tickets in the outdoor clubs range anywhere from 2,000-3,300 with a 3 year commitment. If you opt for a 1 year commitment option, you will pay roughly 10% more per ticket. 

hope this helps. 

• Like (+1) 2

I will be interested to see how this works out for you.

I contacted the Bills for information about club seats early last summer. I was expecting to just put my name on a waiting list for maybe 23 or 24. However he told me that you can't just buy into the club section and that the only way I could get in there was to buy a season ticket in whatever was available in the regular sections for a season and then put in for an upgrade the following spring when maybe some would be available. This path seemed extremely unlikely to work as seniority would be nothing compared to everyone else looking to upgrade.

Anyway it made absolutely no sense to me but after some questions and a few back and forth emails he spelled it out exactly the way I described it pretty clearly.

Bought 2 club seats for Vikings game. Row 8. Windy day with brief snowfall. We were dry and warm. You should probably aim for row 10 or higher to be safe. Took entire halftime break in line to get through to restroom and still missed opening plays of 2nd half. Concessions get jammed as game goes on.

10 hours ago, steven50 said:

Tried to buy club seats last season.. was denied because I lived outside of WNY...   If you inquire make sure you use a Local Address..     This is just what my experience was.  

• Shocked 1

Several considerations:

1.  It's personal.   Whether they're worth it depends on your situation.  I have them, and I have these reactions:

2.  Heaters make a difference.  Not so much if the wind is blowing, but if there's little wind, it's really nice to have the extra heat if it's 40 degrees or 30 degrees.  I think when it gets below 20, you won't feel the impact. 

3.  Being covered makes a big difference.  It's nice to see the rain or snow but be out of it. 

4.  Club space is over-rated.   It's usually horribly crowded and noisy. 

5.  Restroom lines are shorter.

6.  Food concessions are better.

7.  Crowd is different.  One guy who sat behind me late in the season and then in front of me in the playoffs was complaining that no one was standing.   He said "It's the playoffs!!   Stand up!!"   But the crowd in the club seats doesn't want to be bothered.   They make noise pretty well, but the enthusiasm is muted.   Some people come with their whole families, and some of the family members just aren't all that interested.  

8.  Preferred parking is nice. And preferred entrance to the stadium.  

In my case, no one of those things makes the difference, but the total package is attractive enough to me to make we want to spend the money.   But it's definitely a luxury - it's over $7000 a year for two seats, and it's hard to justify compared to sitting at home and watching for free.   I do it because I like the in-stadium experience with all the fans, and at this point in my life I can afford it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, fan_in_tx said:

Tried to buy club seats last season.. was denied because I lived outside of WNY...   If you inquire make sure you use a Local Address..     This is just what my experience was.  

Location discrimination....WTH?! Somebody help me out here with the Bills rationale for doing this. Is it even legal to discriminate in this manner?

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Location discrimination....WTH?! Somebody help me out here with the Bills rationale for doing this. Is it even legal to discriminate in this manner?

This may be an attempt to prevent people from buying just to resell.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Providing my perspective as I have had clubs for a brief period and also have lower bowl seats which I have had for quite a while. I initially purchased clubs so I could take my father to one game/yr. He’s approaching 90 and requires easy access, food and restroom convenience. But I use the clubs every game I attend rather than the lower bowls. I have not resold my clubs yet to any game but have re-sold the lower bowls. I have also provided the clubs or lower bowl tix to family & friends. 
I arrive early after clubs open to secure a table inside the club for food and drinks pre-game. 
Agree with the items that @Shaw66mentioned above. I may eventually release my lower bowl seats but will hold onto the clubs for the perks. You also receive a Bills Bucks card with a small % of your payment as a balance. I spend all of that in the club food & bar but it does not go that far due to high prices. 

28 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

There is a similar (or maybe even exact) rule in place for all Season Tickets. They dont want people buying them just to resell all 8 games to outsiders. The team wants to make sure local fans who love the Bills and will attend the games get the best shot at getting tickets.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

There is a similar (or maybe even exact) rule in place for all Season Tickets. They dont want people buying them just to resell all 8 games to outsiders. The team wants to make sure local fans who love the Bills and will attend the games get the best shot at getting tickets.

OK, that makes sense, but it still doesn't sound legal.

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

What wouldnt be legal about it? Seems like you are stretching what constitutes "discrimination".

"Location" isnt a protected class :thumbsup:

Businesses can just deny sale of their product to whoever they choose to?! And as long as the buyer is not in a "protected class" it's Ok? Sounds crazy, but maybe a lawyer could chime in. So I guess if the Bills denied someone out of WNY to buy a season tik, and they are in a protected class, they could sue them. I'd like to see that. LOL

Also, just as an observation, seems that LOADS of local season ticket holders resell their tiks all the time.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Businesses can just deny sale of their product to whoever they choose to?!

As long as they arent discriminating against a protected class, then yes. It's their business.

18 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Also, just as an observation, seems that LOADS of local season ticket holders resell their tiks all the time.

It isnt a perfect fool-proof system, but it definitely helps keep the tickets local. It absolutely keeps out the out-of-town "ticket brokers" (aka scalpers) who buy up all the tickets with bots and then jack up the resale market.

1 hour ago, fan_in_tx said:

I live in PA and used to have club seats, section 232. In 2014 and 2015 they were about $2000 a piece, now they are over $2800. That is a  ridiculous amount of an increase in less than ten years.  I was in row six, which kept me dry and warm enough from the over head heaters. 

These seats can be summed up by saying... At halftime, get up, stand in line for the restrooms, then stand in line for the food venders, then grab some condiments and napkins, leisurely walk to your seat, sit down and watch the second half kickoff.

12 hours ago, steven50 said:

I think it’s a personal choice what is best for you and what our your own expectations. I personally have been to the Buffalo Bills luxury experience for what you get I wasn’t really impressed with any of our local Buffalo sports teams luxury box choices it was small time Mayberry why bother stay home my football experience will be just as good and I can count my money savings. Los Angeles and Minnesota is probably the best high end.

Minneapol-St Paul is everything I wish Buffalo-Niagara Falls area could be our area is too small time and small minded thinkers. The Buffalo Bills are a reflection of that hence why we will probably never win a Super Bowl until this area thinks bigger and expect more for our hard earned dollars. My goodness the Buffalo Bills Highmark Stadium aren’t even a power 5 stadium offerings experience wise like USC Trojans football look what they did with Los Angeles Coliseum luxury seating than look at the Buffalo Bills? Even the new Buffalo Bills stadium looks small time a lot of the same stuff with the PSE wanting more of the Bills fans money. Oh look a gambling longe place your bets so PSE can get a piece of the action than go on your electric heater and hope you don’t freeze isn’t trying PSE? Terrible no money from me the Buffalo Bills need to offer a lot more than a cheap electric heater with lights. Unfortunately our local media is cheering sitting on the sidelines not asking hard questions just happy they get in for free to sit in a heated press box. Our media really never questioned anything on the new Bills stadium which is sad. 

The USC cheapest ticket last I checked was $75 dollars just to get into a USC Trojans football game. The best seating for this Buffalo Bills fan is at home watching on a huge smart television there is no need to give PSE a dime until they get serious offering a lot more like Sofi Stadium and the Minnesota Vikings Stadium for a NFL

franchise Buffalo Bills. I don’t see personally any reason to go to the new Buffalo Bills freezing stadium. No thanks pay up Terry Pegula dome and downtown or it is a waste of time and money save your money would be my advice. Make PSE work harder offering more than they are presently offering a Buffalo Bills fan in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Minneapol-St Paul is everything I wish Buffalo-Niagara Falls area could be our area is too small time and small minded thinkers. The Buffalo Bills are a reflection of that hence why we will probably never win a Super Bowl until this area thinks bigger and expect more for our hard earned dollars. My goodness the Buffalo Bills Highmark Stadium aren’t even a power 5 stadium offerings experience wise like USC Trojans football look what they did with Los Angeles Coliseum luxury seating than look at the Buffalo Bills? Even the new Buffalo Bills stadium looks small time a lot of the same stuff with the PSE wanting more of the Bills fans money. Oh look a gambling longe place your bets so PSE can get a piece of the action than go on your electric heater and hope you don’t freeze isn’t trying PSE? Terrible no money from me the Buffalo Bills need to offer a lot more than a cheap electric heater with lights. Unfortunately our local media is cheering sitting on the sidelines not asking hard questions just happy they get in for free to sit in a heated press box. Our media really never questioned anything on the new Bills stadium which is sad. 

Yes because the Minnesota Vikings have won so many Super Bowls!

1 hour ago, Bob Jones said:

Businesses can just deny sale of their product to whoever they choose to?! And as long as the buyer is not in a "protected class" it's Ok? Sounds crazy, but maybe a lawyer could chime in. So I guess if the Bills denied someone out of WNY to buy a season tik, and they are in a protected class, they could sue them. I'd like to see that. LOL

What's puzzling to me is that so many Bills fans are from out of state.  I maintained a dozen seasons "back in the day" and either used 'em or sold 'em to Bills fans.  

27 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

I think it’s a personal choice what is best for you and what our your own expectations. I personally have been to the Buffalo Bills luxury experience for what you get I wasn’t really impressed with any of our local Buffalo sports teams luxury box choices it was small time Mayberry why bother stay home my football experience will be just as good and I can count my money savings. Los Angeles and Minnesota is probably the best high end.

The USC cheapest ticket last I checked was $75 dollars just to get into a USC Trojans football game. The best seating for this Buffalo Bills fan is at home watching on a huge smart television there is no need to give PSE a dime until they get serious offering a lot more like Sofi Stadium and the Minnesota Vikings Stadium for a NFL

franchise Buffalo Bills. I don’t see personally any reason to go to the new Buffalo Bills freezing stadium. No thanks pay up Terry Pegula dome and downtown or it is a waste of time and money save your money would be my advice. Make PSE work harder offering more than they are presently offering a Buffalo Bills fan in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Yeah, unfortunately tucked away in the background is the battle between The Bills/Buffalo and the NFL.  Then of course no one truly knows the motives of the owners.  Not to start any argument over the Pegulas over what kind of owners that they are, but on one hand they (Terry) say that they'll do anything to keep the team in Buffalo, and OTOH they (Kim) says openly that they don't have money for a stadium because they have a lifestyle to maintain, then in the midst of stadium negotiations they buy a brand new yacht for nearly $100M with annual operating costs averaging more than the Community Bargaining Agreement was.  So which is it.  

Then we have the NFL which if it had its way would price the majority of current Bills STHs out buying them, and their hoity toity standards for stadiums.  So do Kim & Terry differ on it?  Are they being pulled by the NFL, or are they aligned with the League?  Then of course there's the fan base, many of us that attended the "90's era games" are older now and don't particularly want to sit in the cold weather every time, been there done that.  But being all warm, cozy, with lots of amenities comes with a price, a dome an even bigger price.  

It can't be easy trying to navigate the whole thing, they'll never make everyone happy, not even close, but IMO the key is to not price people out of going and that's a significant issue in Buffalo.  While we may be the second-smallest market in the league from a population perspective, we are easily the smallest in the league from a business/financial aspect.  

So we'll never be like those stadiums that you mention, unfortunately.  

As for me, I just buy tix to the game(s) I want to go to now.  Sure, they cost more on the secondary market, but there's also no risk and I enjoy sitting in different places.  For the Miami regular season game, 30 YL lower bowl, it was great.  Last game I went to prior to that up in the club level.  And LOL, it was in the high 30s temp wise, but they had the heaters on and we were roasting, we were in T-shirts and perfectly comfy.  I only bought those tix because someone we were connected to was selling them at face value, otherwise we wouldn't have minded being out in the elements for that one.  

Anyway, my point was that there are obviously lot dynamics involved, the least of which is not the economic status of the region.  

58 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Please tell me you typed this diatribe from your phone.  We are all dumber for having read this disjointed mess of word salad. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chas56 said:

This may be an attempt to prevent people from buying just to resell.

More precisely it is to reduce competition to Ticket$hafter and agencies which resell them as part of ticket package with tailgate, hotel, etc.

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Except they sell them to travel agencies which sell them to out of area fans. 

They get some Bills fans but mostly they sell to opposition fans.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

What's puzzling to me is that so many Bills fans are from out of state.  I maintained a dozen seasons "back in the day" and either used 'em or sold 'em to Bills fans.  

There are Bills Backers groups throughout the country,  They used to support them a lot. We would get mini-calendars, posters, flags, yearbooks, etc.

Our group raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for Bills charities.

They used to allow Bills Backers groups buy tickets for groups. 

Last year? They sent a Bills Mafia flag, a group which has been adopted as their marketing group.

Been a Bills Backer president since late 90s and about to give it up.
All they seem to now is give postal and email addresses to marketers including ticket agencies telling they will help organize a game for you with packages including hotel rooms, air plane tickets, bus and tailgate.  Sometimes they include a night before game event at a bar.

• Like (+1) 1

Indoor clubs are terrible.  Its like you are watching the game from somewhere else (so I have heard).  

The sideline clubs are great, although pricey.  You get some heat and a great vantage point.  The indoor areas are nice, especially for breaks for the bathroom and concessions.  One of my favorite things about them is they remain open for quite a bit following the game.  You can sit there, grab a slice of pizza or 2, and watch the 4PM games for awhile until traffic clears.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

This made my head hurt 

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It isnt a perfect fool-proof system, but it definitely helps keep the tickets local. It absolutely keeps out the out-of-town "ticket brokers" (aka scalpers) who buy up all the tickets with bots and then jack up the resale market.

I think you're correct.  By imposing the restriction, at a minimum they are keeping the profit-taking on tickets stay in the local market.   If they let anyone buy season tickets, then the tickets will end up in the hands of sellers from bigger cities who will take the profits instead of local people.   Second, by restricting in this way, and keeping prices low, they make it possible for the people of western New York to have the experience of having a pro football team.  So, at best, the restriction is a community service.  The Bills could make more by selling elsewhere.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

Indoor clubs are terrible.  Its like you are watching the game from somewhere else (so I have heard).  

The sideline clubs are great, although pricey.  You get some heat and a great vantage point.  The indoor areas are nice, especially for breaks for the bathroom and concessions.  One of my favorite things about them is they remain open for quite a bit following the game.  You can sit there, grab a slice of pizza or 2, and watch the 4PM games for awhile until traffic clears.  

Compared to Cowboys clubs which are pretty darn nice at a pretty steep price.   Just to compare a upper deck 9th row seat at Jerry world ticket to the Boys cost as much as Section 114 Row 15 for Buf/ Minn this season.   Even on the secondary market buffalo is the cheapest ticket in the league ..   Cleveland maybe next year

3 hours ago, teef said:

all you need to know is the clubs have a full bar that's open before and after the game.  

And I assume nothing is complimentary with the Club seats?

Granted, idk why I'm even asking.  If I ever bought them, I'd probably just resell most of tickets to friends and go once or twice a year.  

But writing this post did remind me that I'm due for a teef cleaning, so there's that I guess.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

As others have said, yes it is legal. Credit unions do it all the time, restricting membership to certain residents, like of a particular county. Disney Land sells its discounted local annual passes only to local residents. EZPass for one agency in NY sells it heavily discounted commuter tags for only people in the local area. Also for some health insurances, AAA, most state vehicle reistrations/licenses, etc.

Edited by chongli

5 hours ago, Limeaid said:

There are Bills Backers groups throughout the country,  They used to support them a lot. We would get mini-calendars, posters, flags, yearbooks, etc.

Our group raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for Bills charities.

They used to allow Bills Backers groups buy tickets for groups. 

Last year? They sent a Bills Mafia flag, a group which has been adopted as their marketing group.

Been a Bills Backer president since late 90s and about to give it up.
All they seem to now is give postal and email addresses to marketers including ticket agencies telling they will help organize a game for you with packages including hotel rooms, air plane tickets, bus and tailgate.  Sometimes they include a night before game event at a bar.

Wow, that's pretty sad.  

Interesting that you mention groups too, while living several states south of NYS, I also organized a group of 30 to go up and see them.  

And to your point, there are Bills Backers groups throughout the country because the Bills diaspora has been so great because of everyone leaving NYS.  You'd think that it would be a factor given that so many travel back for the games so regularly.  I've read about fans on here that buy some really damn expensive seats that fly i for most if not all games.  While I can't do that it's impressive and not uncommon for Bills fans.  

The diminishing level of support is unfortunate.  It's probably because they're so popular now because of Allen, but I'm under no delusions that whenever he's done playing, whether it's in a few years due to wear-n-tear, or 10 more years, that we'll ever have a top QB again.  Could happen, but it doubtfully would be Allen caliber and we all know how long it took us to go from Kelly to Allen.  

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Standing is GREAT, for big plays, but not so much, otherwise...

I was going to mention this too.  I have club seats in the Van Miller section or whatever it's called these days. One of the big plusses for me is I can watch the game cuz I don't have to stand up the whole game.  I'm not tall so when everyone else is standing I can't see.  I have to try to find a spot where I can see in between other people's heads. Takes a lot of the fun out.

I don't underestimate why NFL fans these days think they need to stand the whole game. I have been going to NFL games since the mid 1960s. No one ever did until the last 15-20 years.  People would even yell "down in front" if someone did.  I wonder what happened. Lame and inconsiderate to the people behind you who may physically be able to or are short IMHO.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Capco said:

And I assume nothing is complimentary with the Club seats?

Granted, idk why I'm even asking.  If I ever bought them, I'd probably just resell most of tickets to friends and go once or twice a year.  

But writing this post did remind me that I'm due for a teef cleaning, so there's that I guess.  

That's what I've been doing, I go to the home opener and a game late in the season.  The others, I have a list of friends and family that buy games from me each year.  This past season is the first year I've "sold" every game, except the opener, everyone knows I keep that one.  Playoffs this year, I went to both games.  

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Club seats are for rich people and they look down on a lot of cold  people

Trust me, I'm not rich in any way.  The payment plan is the only way I can afford my seats.  And once the new stadium is ready, I may just drop my seasons, and just buy tickets to the games I want on the secondary market. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.