Josh Allen massive favorite in odds to win 2023 NFL MVP

Big Turk

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

I've long thought that they played the most vanilla scheme possible vs Jax because they were so sure that they were going to win against such a terrible (and terribly coached) team. Every team has some bad games, but I will say that watching Daboll I always felt like there was a purpose -- as if he was setting up stuff for later on and subsequent games. I wish I knew more about what he did in that respect vs NE in the two no-punt games, and he clearly had the Chiefs more or less figured out by the playoffs last year. He was (and is) creative and obviously smart. I am not so sure about Dorsey. Yes, they produced a lot of points, and maybe simply letting Josh rip is a good plan. But when you get to the playoffs and face other good teams, not having a carefully thought out plan set out weeks in advance is going to cost you. That's how I felt watching them vs. Cincy. Even vs Miami they had a huge lead and almost squandered it away by doing really dumb things on offense. Some of that was Josh--insisting on throwing to a well-covered Beasley because you missed him badly on the play before probably wasn't schemed up by Dorsey. But Dorsey has to rein Allen in from doing that stuff, which he did a lot of this year. Again, it often works because he's Josh Freaking Allen, but it's not Super Bowl-level scheming to say the least. I think Daboll is at that level, and indeed it turns out KC stole that play in which Toney scored from the Bills, who used it against them last year in the playoffs. They hadn't seen it before then.

The first step in reining Allen in is giving him some more talent.

I don't think we've seen a more deliberate gameplan in the McDermott era than Dorsey's in the opener against the Rams..........they wanted to attack with the quick game and Allen has never looked sharper.........but we immediately saw what would become an issue..........the targets weren't reliable.

Allen throws a perfect pass to McKenzie which Lil Dummy turns into an interception.   Eventually Lil Dummy nearly cost them a Chiefs game that they should have won by 3 scores.    

The slot problem became huge.

So they desperately bring Beasley back and Josh tries to feed him to but the guy is just washed.    The first Bengals game was a good example of what the difference in WR corps meant.    Bengals march right down and score.........Bills drive ends with a FG after one slightly overthrown ball to the undersized, washed up Beasley.

Under Daboll the quick game was very, very important to keeping Allen under control.   Without it........the offense never felt right last season.    But to Dorsey's credit.........they still scored and were more consistent than Daboll had been.........in part because Daboll is inconsistent by nature. 

• Like (+1) 4

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Allen is +170, Mahomes and Burrow +700 are closest.  Vegas obviously isn't buying what so many on these Bills Boards are trying to sell them.

Bills Boards: Allen is a liability! His turnovers are costing us games! He isn't good enough! Wah! Wah! Wah!

Vegas: NFL favorite for MVP next year in a landslide by almost 3.5 times the next player.

Step back from the ledge and have some perspective.

image.thumb.png.2c7259029e2f56fe6efce9145a26cf3c.png

You understand that Vegas lines aren't who they think will win a thing, right?

that said, maybe if people keep throwing their money away on this they'll be right eventually. I'll be betting on Mahomes.

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

He is the best QB in the game. He'd dominate under a great play caller

I agree that his is the best skillset for playing the position, in terms of physical ability. His intangibles and maturity are admirable. When he is disciplined it is apparent that his processing is above average and I've seen him get the ball out as quickly as Burrow, though not so much in 2022.

Thing is Josh is a young player and also one whose career perhaps surprisingly did not benefit from a normal progression (given his talent).

He needs to continue his development under a talented, tough, uncompromising coach who is pretty much on his case all the time. Mahomes has had that. Josh has not and there is no one on this staff capable of giving him that. People have mentioned the risk of missing the window. What worries me more is the potential deterioration of quarterbacking skills.

42 minutes ago, Airseven said:

This sort of hype calls for more podcasts!

Clap Reaction GIF

That's creative trolling

15 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

You understand that Vegas lines aren't who they think will win a thing, right?

that said, maybe if people keep throwing their money away on this they'll be right eventually. I'll be betting on Mahomes.

I'm sure these guys chare your man crush on Mahomes

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/

4 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I guess it's hopeless. Might as well trade Josh, rip it down and wait until Mahomes retires in 15 years. 

if we're going to keep trying the same things that we've been doing the last 5 years like it's going to be better next year, then sure. No real difference and we all get our Sunday's back.

3 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I guess it's hopeless. Might as well trade Josh, rip it down and wait until Mahomes retires in 15 years. 

It would be nice if one of the teams from the division could challenge them. It reminds me of the AFCE when NE would win the division year after year. I think the Chargers are the best hope. They always play them tough but seem to come up short. One of these years they have to beat them, I hope.

Guys remember that the NFL is just like the stock market. Past performance is a good indicator of future outcomes. So yea the Bills are done w success until Reid becomes our coach.  You can all stop watching. I’ll let you know when we have another shot at it. 

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

Mahomes is the best QB in the game. The 2 Super Bowl championships, the playoff wins, the AFCW titles, and all of the regular season wins. He is a big part of all of that. I would say Mahomes is in the conversation for top 5 QB all-time at this point. You can't say that about Allen (yet).

If Allen had Mahomes resume, some of these guy/gals would be crowning him the greatest football player to ever play the game.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

I'd put money on Mahomes, Burrow, Hurts. Josh has a shot too but I would say those guys have better odds personally. Vegas seems to love the Bills lately but it didn't pan out too well this past year 

Vegas follows the analytical data which also has been consistently strong on the Bills. I get the folks who say screw the analytics give me on field wins, but Vegas uses that data in its models.

8 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Allen is +170, Mahomes and Burrow +700 are closest.  Vegas obviously isn't buying what so many on these Bills Boards are trying to sell them.

Bills Boards: Allen is a liability! His turnovers are costing us games! He isn't good enough! Wah! Wah! Wah!

Vegas: NFL favorite for MVP next year in a landslide by almost 3.5 times the next player.

Step back from the ledge and have some perspective.

image.thumb.png.2c7259029e2f56fe6efce9145a26cf3c.png

Unless Beanne gets at least one new starting lineman and adds more speed to skilled offensive positions then no

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I think Vegas probably expects us to go all in on offensive talent this offseason, which even though that shouldn't matter to a solo player award it will help Allen get the season long stats he needs to win it at the end.

That's what they're thinking no doubt about it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.