We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

9 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Strange, isn't it. Once these talking heads get a narrative in their heads, they look for all else to support that narrative. It's really just basic confirmation bias. It's nothing new. Here is Francis Bacon writing in 1620:

Well, I have my issues with the Novum Organum, but full props for apt reference going back four centuries.

Edited by Dr. Who
Basic math error
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, CaliBills said:

I LOVE McD clapping as he squats there.  Not just standing and walking around, but squat and clap to its perfection

He is a pro clapper bro.  Wait until the SB when he breaks out all the moves, including the rare hand stand clap.  A sight to behold.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I don't think it's cosmetic surgery.  She lost a ton of weight and adopted a new style of makeup.

I doubt it was an intrinsic desire on her part (though perhaps); there's a lot of pressure on women in show biz to conform to a fashion-model-thin ideal.

Ummm…it’s a ton of surgery. She looks awful. Lips, eyes, she got the whole works.

36 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Strange, isn't it. Once these talking heads get a narrative in their heads, they look for all else to support that narrative. It's really just basic confirmation bias. It's nothing new. Here is Francis Bacon writing in 1620:

Confirmation bias isn't the only phenomenon in play; there's also the Backfire Effect, which is when people respond to strong arguments against their position (e.g., the film showing Hendrickson rolling up Allen's ankle) by doubling down on their original position. They're MORE convinced than before (e.g., that Hendrickson is innocent). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Given all the talk of Dorsey being a step down from Daboll, the Bills lacking talent overall on offense, etc, I thought this was super interesting.

In terms of DVOA, this year’s Bills offense was the best of the Josh Allen era.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

Given all the talk of Dorsey being a step down from Daboll, the Bills lacking talent overall on offense, etc, I thought this was super interesting.

It's maddening the false narrative of the Bills offense struggling under Dorsey and Allen having regressed.  By almost every offensive & QB stat you look at 2022 was either the same as or better then 2020 & 2021.

• Like (+1) 1

My keys to the game:

1) Which defense makes a “big play” (timely interception or fumble recovery)

2) which team is more efficient in the red zone.

3) which team minimizes routine execution errors (drops, penalties, and special teams errors).

Both teams will move the ball. Will come down to a few plays here or there in the end.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

It's maddening the false narrative of the Bills offense struggling under Dorsey and Allen having regressed.  By almost every offensive & QB stat you look at 2022 was either the same as or better then 2020 & 2021.

I think there was an unreasonable expectation set by the two playoff games last year.

The Bills offense was so unstoppable, so on fire, so historically great, that I think people expected that dominance to continue, even if subconsciously. Obviously, that's ridiculous. Such a high level of play was never likely to be sustained over the course of an entire season.

After the incredible heights we saw this offense reach to end last season, they were almost set up to fail (at least in the eyes of many fans and analysts) in 2022. 

I'm not necessarily surprised to see that they were better this year than in 2021. I AM surprised to see that they ranked higher than they did in 2020, though. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

Pathetic!

Bills should be ranked 1 or 0!!

Blow up the team, I've had enough of this trash!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Magox said:

What this tells me is that the Bills are much more effective running the ball in terms of yards and efficiency and that Cincinnati uses their running backs a decent bit more than the Bills, not so much that they are more efficient just passed to much more often.

Mixon and Perine aren't terrible runners at all. Both are pretty good pass catchers too. I think their lack of run success is due to their crappy oline. Also, the Bengals just prefer to pass west coast style offense. I don't think they will get too cute running the ball unless the Bills can't effectively stop it. 

12 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

My keys to the game:

3) which team minimizes routine execution errors (drops, penalties, and special teams errors).

Both teams will move the ball. Will come down to a few plays here or there in the end.

All good points.  I'm really focused on 2.  The Bengals defense is really good in red zone.  Forced a Patriots fumble inside 10 to clinch the win.  Allowed only 1 TD to the Titans in that win.  Had the big stop at the goal line last week against the Ravens.  Bills need to execute, take care of the ball especially in the red zone.

• Agree 1

Listening to the radio here in San Diego, and the gents were talking about the game this weekend.

Kept bringing up Josh Allen is a turn over machine and this past week he did this and that...  anyways..

It made me think, how come when the media heads talk about the Bills offense they are not bringing up that it is an Offense being lead by a FIRST TIME OC?  and maybe, just maybe, the offense is misfiring at times due to design vs defenses, vs timing of play calls etc..  but nope.

I remember plain as day, when the Steelers had a new OC and roethlisberger was struggling, they pointed it more towards the OC and not the QB.  

another post, I read that media heads will hold onto their initial evaluation of Josh from when he was drafted and any time Josh does something negative, they act like the last 3 years the Bills haven't been a top team with Josh leading it.  

Just now, DCbillsfan said:

All good points.  I'm really focused on 2.  The Bengals defense is really good in red zone.  Forced a Patriots fumble inside 10 to clinch the win.  Allowed only 1 TD to the Titans in that win.  Had the big stop at the goal line last week against the Ravens.  Bills need to execute, take care of the ball especially in the red zone.

I agree but I think most of our TDs actually come from outside the red zone.  If so maybe lucky for us.  I am not sure if that is true or not but pretty sure I heard that at some point during the season.

22 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

My keys to the game:

all of the points you mention indicate a major momentum shift. Either positively or negatively. The final tally will be the team that doesn't beat themselves.

I predict a game where the 12th Man is a force for the Good. Love that we are playing at home.

Our DL must pressure Burrow and force him into errant throws and throw aways.  Bills ground and pound running game on offense PLEASE. And More Dawson Knox touches TYVM. That would be sweet. Some angry runs after the catch from Dawson . Motor and Cook going off would be ideal

Im buckled in for anything except defeat

GO BILLS!~!~!!!!

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, H2o said:

I thought Kay was a Browns fan? Did she flip squads and jump the Cincy bandwagon? 

She's from Chicago as is Brandt so those are her hometown teams - her allegiances would change on GMFB if she went to hang out with fans at games etc

Edited by stevewin

Gotta say

i love how Bengals fans and media are using last years playoff success as a measuring stick for burrow

gane 1 against the raiders - Whoopi!!!! 

game two against a SHOT tennessee titans team - yes they were the 1 seed but everyone knew they werent the big boys

then KC after our emotional thriller

idk. I don’t give them much credit for it - maybe I am under estimating.

I don’t find their 9 game win streak impressive at all

I don’t see their playoff run impressive 

and I do see they are REALLY lucky and have been all year

so whatever 

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I don't know about that ... they would have had second and goal from the 4 or 5 yard line if the refs had properly called forward progress stopped, but lots of teams fail to punch it in from there.

True. I'm just saying analytics wise?, they would've had 3 attempts to get 4.5 yards and NE was driving with ease that drive and whole 2nd half really. 

Odds would have been in their favor 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Don’t forget Basham and AJE who are near invisible for such highly invested picks…

Basham was a Beast against Miami!  That was his best game so far.  Boogie is going to feast on that weak Cincy oline.

So will Oliver.  My prediction is Oliver and Boogie bring interior pressure, and are some key factors to Bills win.  All QBs hate interior pressure 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Basham was a Beast against Miami!  That was his best game so far.  Boogie is going to feast on that weak Cincy oline.

So will Oliver.  My prediction is Oliver and Boogie bring interior pressure, and are some key factors to Bills win.  All QBs hate interior pressure 

I also thought Boogie did surprisingly well. I remember him busting through the Miami O line on a few occasions. 

Edited by BIGFOOTspaceman
  • Agree 1

I keep thinking about how aggressive the offense was against Miami and thinking that they are just getting warmed up. Josh is going to be slinging the rock a lot against Cincy and continue to aggressively take those deep shots. Miami was just a test run for what to expect later.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

I don't know how people can possibly say the Bills offense is not talented when they are still in the top 5 in points for this season despite playing a game less than the teams in front of them.

The critics are saying that the Bills' offensive success is pretty much all due to Allen. I agree. Mahomes has the best line in football protecting him; Burrows has one of the best receiving corps. Allen has Diggs, and that's it.

If Allen was out for the season on the first day this year, this team would not have won more than five or six games. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, finn said:

The critics are saying that the Bills' offensive success is pretty much all due to Allen. I agree. Mahomes has the best line in football protecting him; Burrows has one of the best receiving corps. Allen has Diggs, and that's it.

If Allen was out for the season on the first day this year, this team would not have won more than five or six games. 

That’s an MVP argument if there ever was one. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

Gotta say

i love how Bengals fans and media are using last years playoff success as a measuring stick for burrow

gane 1 against the raiders - Whoopi!!!! 

game two against a SHOT tennessee titans team - yes they were the 1 seed but everyone knew they werent the big boys

then KC after our emotional thriller

idk. I don’t give them much credit for it - maybe I am under estimating.

I don’t find their 9 game win streak impressive at all

I don’t see their playoff run impressive 

and I do see they are REALLY lucky and have been all year

so whatever 

Bengals are very good.

You don’t fluke your way to a SB and then a divisional round game.

Have they gotten some breaks along their journey? Absolutely, like any team that makes a deep playoff run.

But overall they got a very good team with a top 3 QB in the league.

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, finn said:

Pretty sure you could say the same about Mahomes and Burrow too.  Their backups are a huge step down. Who does Mahomes have other than Kelce? 

The Bills D has also been better than KC or Cincy too when it comes to points allowed.  

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Pretty sure you could say the same about Mahomes and Burrow too.  Their backups are a huge step down. Who does Mahomes have other than Kelce? 

The Bills D has been statistically better than KC or Cincy too when it comes to points allowed.  

Andy Reid. Best offensive mind in football and can out scheme basically anyone

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

Andy Reid. Best offensive mind in football and can out scheme basically anyone

OK?  Reid isn't on the football field, and you still need weapons to execute the plays.

So, the Chiefs don't skip a beat with Chad Henne at QB because of Andy Reid?  We all know that ain't happening.

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

OK?  Reid isn't on the football field, and you still need weapons to execute the plays.

So, the Chiefs don't skip a beat with Chad Henne at QB because of Andy Reid?  We all know that ain't happening.

Chiefs lead the league in YAC by a wide margin. A lot of that is schemed throws/screens.

Well I mean, I think Andy got 14 wins with Alex smith.

Andy has a hall of fame QB and TE. That’s way more than enough for him.  (Their o line is also top 3 in football)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Chiefs lead the league in YAC by a wide margin. A lot of that is schemed throws/screens.

Well I mean, I think Andy got 14 wins with Alex smith.

Andy has a hall of fame QB and TE. That’s way more than enough for him.  (Their o line is also top 3 in football)

Alex Smith was already an established QB before even going to KC and has a career 87 rating.  Chad Henne is not even in the same ballpark talent wise.

And for as good a Reid is, he's won exactly 1 SB and that only happened once he had Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce. 

Edited by Billz4ever

Just now, Billz4ever said:

Alex Smith was already an established QB before even going to KC and has a career 87 rating.  Chad Henne is not even in the same ballpark talent wise.

And for as good a Reid is, he's won exactly 1 SB and that only happened once he had Mahomes and Hill. 

You can definitely argue Andy has some flaws as a head coach, like time management. (Although I think he’s gotten a lot better as of late)

But what is pretty inarguable is the man can coach and scheme up offence. 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

You can definitely argue Andy has some flaws as a head coach, like time management. (Although I think he’s gotten a lot better as of late)

But what is pretty inarguable is the man can coach and scheme up offence. 

Not going to argue with you there as far as his offensive mind.  Makes me wish McD was more of an offensive-minded coach. With Frazier, not much need for McD to get involved with the Defense.  

Talking about time management, McD was killing me with the T.O.s in the Miami game.

Edited by Billz4ever

28 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

The Bills D has also been better than KC or Cincy too when it comes to points allowed.  

Right. It comes down to which is more important to the success of a team with a star QB: a strong offensive line, a strong defense, or a strong set of receivers. I would say the Bills made the right choice going with defense. Trouble is, Miller and Hyde are injured, taking away much of that advantage. It's like if Chase on Bengals got hurt, or one or two of KCs lineman. 

I still think the Bills will win it all. The coaching, the team bond, and, most of all, Allen's ferocious will to win is the difference. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Not going to argue with you there as far as his offensive mind.  Makes me wish McD was more of an offensive-minded coach. With Frazier, not much need for McD to get involved with the Defense.  

Talking about time management, McD was killing me with the T.O.s in the Miami game.

Oh same here drove me insane…

The most frustrating part? They never even worked.

Same thing with the 13 Second debacle last year

• Like (+1) 1