1/15/2023 Wildcard weekend - Dolphins @ Bills - 1st half game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, Breakout Squad said:

What!!?!?!

I don't think so either!  He bobbled it but I'm not sure it contacted the ground to help him control it.

It's super close--the call on the field might help us win it.

The ball does not appear to move when it contacts the ground nor does it appear to help make the catch.

Refs rule TD on the field so they can get the auto-review. Bills have been screwed on that a couple times this year. Does there appear to be enough to overturn an on-field call which is proooooobably incorrect, but since it was ruled that way has a higher standard to overturn?

Since it's Bills, I'll say yes.

Just now, Nelius said:

Catch or not that play was insane. Seriously thought Allen was gonna gallop in. I don’t know how you defend that.

You don't, that's why the Bills are nearly unstoppable in the playoffs...they let Allen play without regard for keeping his running to a minimum.

• Like (+1) 1

That is funny bring everyone, Allen pulls the defenders in man coverage towards him by starting to run, then has open guys in the EZ he can hit.

Not sure by any of the angles I saw whether that ball hit the ground.

Has to be enough to overturn the call on the field...supposedly.

Just now, Nelius said:

Catch or not that play was insane. Seriously thought Allen was gonna gallop in. I don’t know how you defend that.

Hell yeah it was.  You don’t defend it you just lay there and let him do what he wants.  And be thankful it happened

Just now, CSBill said:

I don’t think it will count.

But back the play, I think Josh could have run that in. 

I thought that as the play was unfolding and even after he threw it; no doubt he could have run for a TD.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

You don't, that's why the Bills are nearly unstoppable in the playoffs...they let Allen play without regard for keeping his running to a minimum.

Josh running around with the ball inside the 5 or  7 yard line is almost impossible to stop b/c of that dual threat to throw!