WC Playoff game menus

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Let’s hear them… cooking anything special?

WTH, Yolo, this is a Yolo post.

Shouldn't it be linked to a breaking story on how there is some new or unexpected food item making its way to the post season and how you beat everyone to the punch?!

House donuts possibly rolling with a seven layer dip and our secret turkey chili recipe.

Go Bills!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

WTH, Yolo, this is a Yolo post.

Shouldn't it be linked to a breaking story on how there is some new or unexpected food item making its way to the post season and how you beat everyone to the punch?!

Possibly going with a seven layer dip and our secret turkey chili recipe.

Go Bills!

I can definitely see Yolo breaking the news that the Bills were fed St John Fischer Turkey Burgers pre-game, making the final score 64-3.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I can definitely see Yolo breaking the news that the Bills were fed St John Fischer Turkey Burgers pre-game, making the final score 64-3.

@YoloinOhio

Draconator, the first post to follow would be @teef writing, "Oh F you, Yolo, I was just about to post this.  Damn, it JUST hit twitter."

😄

Go Bills!

Go TSW!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Gugny said:

My birthday is Sunday.  I think my girlfriend is making dinner for me that night.  Last I heard, it was going to be lasagna.

For the game, I think I'll go get me some wings.

Man it's your birthday! She didn't ask what you wanted??

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Man it's your birthday! She didn't ask what you wanted??

Of course she did!  I told her it was her choice.  HOWEVER, I did tell her that instead of a cake, I just wanted chocolate brownies and vanilla bean ice cream.  But I did that because she's got a lot going on/very little time and I didn't want her to worry about baking a cake (she's an incredible baker).  I told her I prefer box mix brownies because they're so easy to make.

I'm really only an a-hole here!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, I am the egg man said:

Recipe?

Dive to liquor store

walk in

grab bottle

pay for bottle

drive home

take out glass

put in ice

pour

Takes about 15 minutes depending on where your liquor store is, and depending if Dolphin and Pats fans are stocking up to drink away their sorrows.

26 minutes ago, Gugny said:

crush love GIF by Kevin Carter

I'd hit it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

My standard Bills game menu involves BFLO and a Korean style sauce chicken wings in the air fryer. We have done that 3 weeks in a row.

Im going rogue this sunday.  Hubby makes homemade pork tamales at Christmas. Leftover red sauce and pork with hominy equals a soup called Pozole

chopped onion and cilantro garnish. Warmed flour tortillas. Chilled Stella artois or sierra nevada pale ale

Pepperidge farm Goldfish crackers to SQUISH in effigy. 

Cannot wait!~!~!!!!! 

We'll order bbq.  Brisket, smoked chicken, shrimp & grits, ribs, beans, slaw, mac & cheese.

For early games, I generally start w/ beer, and usually pour a vodka drink by the 4th quarter.  After, I'll unwind w/ a glass of wine or 2. Holiday on Monday.   I love the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Langeston said:

For those who for whatever reason don’t/can’t fry wings at home try this recipe - it really does help!

Crispy Oven Wings

Bonus tip: Salt the wings a day beforehand and let them dry brine in the fridge.  You can get close all things considered!

A buddy who went to culinary school does his wings this way. They are really good. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Success said:

We'll order bbq.  Brisket, smoked chicken, shrimp & grits, ribs, beans, slaw, mac & cheese.

For early games, I generally start w/ beer, and usually pour a vodka drink by the 4th quarter.  After, I'll unwind w/ a glass of wine or 2. Holiday on Monday.   I love the playoffs.

Forgot about Monday being a holiday. Thanks!

12 minutes ago, Dopey said:

A buddy who went to culinary school does his wings this way. They are really good. 

My wife and I stumbled upon the recently closed Bills backers bar Wing It in Jacksonville FL some time ago and after chatting with the owners from the Buffalo area they said the trick to the Buffalo wing was a double temperature fry method. 

Made sense to me!

Sometimes at football parties I’ll prep a big batch in the oven at low temp and then hit them with hi temp oil fryer.  Works to get them out fast if you are only using one of those little fryers.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, muppy said:

My standard Bills game menu involves BFLO and a Korean style sauce chicken wings in the air fryer. We have done that 3 weeks in a row.

Im going rogue this sunday.  Hubby makes homemade pork tamales at Christmas. Leftover red sauce and pork with hominy equals a soup called Pozole

chopped onion and cilantro garnish. Warmed flour tortillas. Chilled Stella artois or sierra nevada pale ale

Pepperidge farm Goldfish crackers to SQUISH in effigy. 

Cannot wait!~!~!!!!! 

You are ahem … going rogue on your menu for a playoff game? After 3 weeks of Ws and wings?

hmmmm

well i guess cincy didn’t count as a dub

Edited by YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, Langeston said:

For those who for whatever reason don’t/can’t fry wings at home try this recipe - it really does help!

Crispy Oven Wings

Bonus tip: Salt the wings a day beforehand and let them dry brine in the fridge.  You can get close all things considered!

We did the oven thing for a while, but have moved to the air fryer in the past year and I have to say I don't regret the change

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.