Florio: Brady to the Dolphins "Definitely on the Table"

Nextmanup

15 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Slightly? Did you see last night's game?

Wherever he goes, they better have a top 5 OL.  

They made the point last night that Brady can still do it at a high level, but the difference is where you give Allen, Mahomes or Burrow a bad OL and they're still a top QB.. you've now seen that with Brady and he seriously struggles to put points on the board. 

Edited by SCBills

Brady is in the LeBron stage of his career. He signs a big FA contract, burns through all the teams future assets to build an instant winner, and then leaves when it's time to pay the piper for poor roster management. Bron did it to Miami, Cleveland and he's in the end stages with the Lakers. Except with Tom, he gets teams to do it even before he signs. 

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Wherever he goes, they better have a top 5 OL.  

They made the point last night that Brady can still do it at a high level, but the difference is where you give Allen, Mahomes or Burrow a bad OL and they're still a top QB.. you've now seen that with Brady and he seriously struggles to put points on the board. 

Brady was missing throws even when he was getting time to throw. Aikman was fairly critical by the 3rd quarter. But, talking heads dont want to say it outright - Brady is done. 

Of course, by the same token, I welcome him in the AFCE so we can kick his sorry a$$ twice a year. 

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Out of Tua, Lamar, or Brady, I'd most like to see the Dolphins sign Brady.

Miami going round 2 of 1999 Dan Marino?? I don’t see it. Brady no longer brings anything to the table besides his name and that’s it. We saw how bad Tampa bay’s o line is imagine him behind Miami’s 31st ranked o line lol. At least Tua is accurate and has a quick release. Brady doesn’t have either anymore

12 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Miami going round 2 of 1999 Dan Marino?? I don’t see it. Brady no longer brings anything to the table besides his name and that’s it. We saw how bad Tampa bay’s o line is imagine him behind Miami’s 31st ranked o line lol. At least Tua is accurate and has a quick release. Brady doesn’t have either anymore

Exactly why I want the Dolphins to sign him.

On 1/12/2023 at 11:12 AM, NewEra said:

Agreed.  That would be a nightmare to defend.  

The scary part is that Mike McDaniel is probably the perfect coach to orchestrate this offense.

Unlike Brady, teams will have to trade a ton for Lamar and Miami is out #1 picks for a few seasons.  They also don’t have the cap space to sign him to the franchise deal he wants.  So I think it’s a long shot but damn….what a nightmare it would be 

• Agree 1

On 1/12/2023 at 7:37 PM, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

I think Florio saw McDaniel and got confused with McDanielS, bc if Brady comes back next year I think it’s with his boy in Vegas. Davante, elite TE, Renfrow is his new Welker/Edelman, and the fact that he’s won 6 rings with the guy calling the plays…I just wonder if he’d be willing to step into arguably the toughest division in football.

yep. gronk and dana white both confirmed brady to raiders looked like a done deal. followed up by tom's "youre going with that f'ing guy?"

hes arrogant enough to try and take a anually bad team, and show he can win a SB with them (hint: he wont)

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

yep. gronk and dana white both confirmed brady to raiders looked like a done deal. followed up by tom's "youre going with that f'ing guy?"

hes arrogant enough to try and take a anually bad team, and show he can win a SB with them (hint: he wont)

I just realized that we play the Raiders at Highmark next year. 

3 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Good, let the old man keep playing, and if by some miracle he turns elite, it will give KC and the Chargers something to worry about.

I will be thrilled to se Brady got to the Pats, happy if he goes to LV.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

The scary part is that Mike McDaniel is probably the perfect coach to orchestrate this offense.

Unlike Brady, teams will have to trade a ton for Lamar and Miami is out #1 picks for a few seasons.  They also don’t have the cap space to sign him to the franchise deal he wants.  So I think it’s a long shot but damn….what a nightmare it would be 

I don’t see how. Minus Lamar’s running ability. He’s one of the most inaccurate QBs in the league. McDaniels offense Would require him to pass the ball more. He would struggle in that offense

11 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Exactly why I want the Dolphins to sign him.

I think that’s the reason Miami won’t sign him lol

On 1/14/2023 at 12:09 PM, BuffaloBills1998 said:

So they’re getting rid of Tua for a 46 year old QB who looks washed at this point?? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well Mostert only signed a 1 year deal and he’ll be 31 next year and he’s had injuries. Idk if he comes back to Miami

He ain’t wearing 12 in Miaming

dead serious, i could see him using that as a tie breaker between mia and another similar team. who was 12 though? wasnt marino. if its an old timer id bet the team approaches that guy for "permission"

1 minute ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I actually thought this might happen until Florio said so.  Now I think it won’t.

Florio doesn’t know what the ***** he’s talking about half the time. Brady is most likely going to retire. If I was him I’d go look at Brett Favre’s last season and save himself from embarrassment 

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

dead serious, i could see him using that as a tie breaker between mia and another similar team. who was 12 though? wasnt marino. if its an old timer id bet the team approaches that guy for "permission"

Bob Griese. And Griese has said before he will not un retire his number to anyone

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Florio doesn’t know what the ***** he’s talking about half the time. Brady is most likely going to retire. If I was him I’d go look at Brett Favre’s last season and save himself from embarrassment 

Bob Griese. And Griese has said before he will not un retire his number to anyone

Im too young to remember those teams but holy chiiiit i hate that undefeated champagne popping story. dbags

5 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Im too young to remember those teams but holy chiiiit i hate that undefeated champagne popping story. dbags

Well let’s be honest. If your team went undefeated and your franchise has been able remain undefeated for 50 plus years with no one else being able to beat that record. I 1000 percent guarantee you’d be popping a bottle of champagne and celebrating 

4 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Check out his stats for this year - other than a decline in TD passes, still pretty damn good.

Even Aikman said last night that Brady's stats are skewed by the absurdly high number of passing attempts that he has. But he did have his moments this year. Just not last night under the big lights when he used to be at his best. Another interesting game was the one against Cincinnati on Sunday night on 12/18. The Bucs turned the ball over on 4 straight possessions and Brady was directly involved into three of those. Again, a prime time game when he imploded.

7 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Check out his stats for this year - other than a decline in TD passes, still pretty damn good.

Dude.  He threw 733 passes this season.  That's where all those yards came from.  He was 18th in quarterback rating, 18th in QBR, and 30th in yards per attempt.  He is a very mediocre quarterback at this stage of his career and he's got nowhere to go but down given his advanced age.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Brady is solid even at 45-46 years old. I can't see there being too many suitors for him at this point though. 

Tampa - Probably will throw an offer out there. 

NE - I wouldn't rule out a reunion with Belicheat for one more run, especially if they can upgrade the WR room with a Deandre Hopkins.

Miami - Maybe, but they are claiming to be invested in Tua as stupid as that may be. 

NY Jets - This will be where his largest offer comes from, especially if they don't pursue Lamar. 

Washington - This is the last team I think MIGHT throw their hat in the ring. They would have to fix the OL with everything else they have though. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Well let’s be honest. If your team went undefeated and your franchise has been able remain undefeated for 50 plus years with no one else being able to beat that record. I 1000 percent guarantee you’d be popping a bottle of champagne and celebrating 

In public and rubbing it in the faces of the rest of the world?  Doubtful most non-douche bag people do that.  Most people are mature enough to not even do it in private but not these losers.

Those fish are all grade A douche bags, thus the lingering desperate cries for attention..  The solution to this is once another team goes undefeated, they line up the following weekend against these 80 year olds and let the chips fall where they may to see who gets the greatest team ever title.  I’d pay to see it.

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

In public and rubbing it in the faces of the rest of the world?  Doubtful most non-douche bag people do that.  Most people are mature enough to not even do it in private but not these losers.

Those fish are all grade A douche bags, thus the lingering desperate cries for attention..  The solution to this is once another team goes undefeated, they line up the following weekend against these 80 year olds and let the chips fall where they may to see who gets the greatest team ever title.  I’d pay to see it.

Most of them probably might not be around next season. Also with all their accomplishments, they’ve earned the right to be douche bags. 

17 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Dude.  He threw 733 passes this season.  That's where all those yards came from.  He was 18th in quarterback rating, 18th in QBR, and 30th in yards per attempt.  He is a very mediocre quarterback at this stage of his career and he's got nowhere to go but down given his advanced age.

Dude. Why did he throw so much ? Could it be the Bucs running game sucked partially due to the OL injuries ? 

Competed 67% of his passes on a team with decimated with injuries to the OL and a substandard running game. 25-9 TD to INT rating. 

Call him mediocre if you like but put him on a team with an above average line and a running game and he's good for another year. 

4 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Dude. Why did he throw so much ? Could it be the Bucs running game sucked partially due to the OL injuries ? 

Competed 67% of his passes on a team with decimated with injuries to the OL and a substandard running game. 25-9 TD to INT rating. 

Call him mediocre if you like but put him on a team with an above average line and a running game and he's good for another year. 

He’s not good anymore. He’s regressed to the level of Marino back in 99. If he stays 1 more year either in Tampa or LV or possibly Miami ( which I highly doubt ) all 3 teams will regret it signing him. Brady is just a name at this point, nothing more.

47 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I don’t see how. Minus Lamar’s running ability. He’s one of the most inaccurate QBs in the league. McDaniels offense Would require him to pass the ball more. He would struggle in that offense

I think that’s the reason Miami won’t sign him lol

McDaniel ideally wants to make the run game a bigger part of the offense.  He just doesn’t have the RB or the OL that needs to make that happen.  

I think Miami is going to use their picks to upgrade both areas in the draft.  

I wouldn’t say Lamar is inaccurate.  He does struggle with deep out passes to the sideline but he can throw a nice deep ball.  I’d also anticipate MM to scheme ways to for for him to find open WR’s who with a chance for YAC. 

I agree that I don’t think happens but more because of money than anything else 

23 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

He’s not good anymore. He’s regressed to the level of Marino back in 99. If he stays 1 more year either in Tampa or LV or possibly Miami ( which I highly doubt ) all 3 teams will regret it signing him. Brady is just a name at this point, nothing more.

Never said he was Allen / Mahomes / Burrow / Herbert ... 

For next year only ... 

Is he better than Jarrett Stidham ? Wentz/Heinecke ? Sam Darnold ? Ryan Tannehill ? Desmond Ridder ? Blaine Gabbert ? 

If he wants to play, he will find a home.

Edited by Seventeen

Brady is going to retire. 

No way he's going back to Tampa. He did the same wear no team colors/logos thing after last night's game the same way he did with his final postgame in NE.

That's his way of saying he's a free agent (which he is) but it's a mental thing. He's already decided that he's out of there, same as NE. 

3 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

So close. He was only 3 wins away. 

never been happier to be wrong! 

2 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Based onnnnnnnn??? One bad game in hellacious weather? He played 6 quarters lol you can not write a dude like that off, they gave up a toooooooon to get him

fixed it for you.

people often stick with an error far too long for the wrong reason.

Anyway, I think the chance that Lance steps into the 49ers game this weekend and performs at the level his replacement has (since his first start) is zero point zero.  

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.