Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

1 minute ago, jkirchofer said:

That window is closing quickly...Gabe had last year to prove he was the guy, so if they can improve I say make the move to win now.

The window only closes quickly if we assume that new star QB's keep entering the league like they did in that last spurt.  By year 5, all teams have cap issues. I'm not seeing that happening myself.  Imho, Mahomes and Allen are the class of the NFL, and the other top guys are somewhat overrated. We didn't lose because we weren't good enough, we lost because 13 seconds of ridiculously mismanaged football.  

2 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

I love how the thread title hasn’t changed as if we are asking if he’s still going to be available 

I mean this thread is 4 months old so at the time it made sense.  No real need to change it at this point since everyone knows the name of the thread (unless the trade happens to whomever).

Edited by The Wiz

10 minutes ago, daz28 said:

He's good for sure.  Is he an NFL'er?  That's an argument you can make for every single player in the draft.  It's worth no more or no less than is Dhop washed, injury prone, or not the same without PED.  The best argument to be made for Dhop is win now, not that Johnston might not be an NFL'er.

Right….. that’s why you take the all pro that missed half the season due to suspension and still had 64-700 in 9 games with bums throwing him the ball.  Projecting Dhop being washed and johnstons nfl success are NOT the same thing.  Hopkins was a stud last year…..No one was saying he was washed when he came off suspension.  

Johnston is a 2nd and even 3rd round prospect according to some analysts.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, PrimeTime101 said:

Oh they will.. Point being,, OBJ not going to get as many as he thought he would,,, and just the thought of that is going to tick him off lol

I disagree wholeheartedly.  Adding hopkins would just make ObJ better imo

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Oh they will.. Point being,, OBJ not going to get as many as he thought he would,,, and just the thought of that is going to tick him off lol

That's already going to happen with Andrews getting 5-10 targets per game.  Adding DHop would make him quit.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Didn’t we just do that last year? 

I mean if they don't like what they saw from him, then trade him.  Point is he will be on the roster.  If they have priorities elsewhere, then drafting a WR high isn't happening anyways.  If the price for Dhop is too high, then that would be a mistake, too.  It may even be a mistake if the price is right, considering the kicking the can down the road.  That's why I'm for trading up to like 22 if Johnston is there.  The only risk is that he's not an NFL'er, but we have film that shows it's likely not the case.  As I said before every guy selected in the draft is a crap shoot, so that's not even a legit argument vs the risk of giving up assets and paying an aging receiver with future cap space, with PED and injury issues.  Plus there's a factor that we forget about, and that's actual money.  Daddy Warbucks is only going to spend so much actual cash.  The notion that he's not looking at the books, because he trusts them to build him a winner is silly.  Even the most devoted owner has an actual cash budget.  That first round rookie, who might be a star, is going to cost less thru the next 4 years, than Dhop is going to cost next year.  

Just now, HappyDays said:

This would be disappointing, but better than if he went to the Chiefs for sure.

There's always that one team that comes out of the woodwork at the last second.  Titans would definitely fit here.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Addison is about as elite as you're going to get this year and if we can land him, especially late in the first, I think we should be extremely happy about it.

Kid is like a Diggs 2.0.

I would be ok with Addison but he would be a 2nd rounder in a better draft for WRs. In the last few years, he would have easily been just average compared to the other guys taken

42 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'm going to lose it if we Draft a premier WR prospect in Round 1 and everyone is upset because they're not Hopkins.

This is the only thing that'll ease my Hopkins interest. Get a guy early. Be aggressive idc. I'd rather get the guy I want than settle for plan B. 

20 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I mean one of the Top 4 Prospects. Do you have a Crystal Ball? You don't know who will or will not exceed expectations. 

Correct. But you had an idea of who could be good or elite in the past few drafts. Like guys that were worth every part of being a first round pick. There isn't that in this draft as of right now and if one did turn out to be elite, it would pretty much be luck

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I’d be ok with this.  I’d like to trade for him, but Hopkins could swing the tide in the afc if he goes to another powerhouse.  I’m not worried about that with the titans

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

I agree especially with shakir. I feel like he could be the Beasley slot machine we’ve been waiting for but we just need more explosiveness on offense and we all know it

I was watching the Miami playoff gm highlights. Besides a bad drop, Shakir balled out. Been is better in the short game but Shakir looked good in the intermediate pass game. Really impressed by him, he'll be a really nice X factor moving forward 

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I just don't see the sense in this from the Titans standpoint. A year after sending Brown to Philly because they didn't want to pay him they turn around and take on DHop's contract? I get wanting to move from 11 to 3 (If Stroud is there I think that's what they are targeting)...but to take on that contract with what it would cost to move up that far and Hopkins will be pretty pricy...wouldn't shock me if it would cost them high picks this year AND next years number 1 pick. That's a LOT to pay for 8 spots.

• Agree 1