Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

20 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Cincy will start to unravel in a couple years.  Luxury of having alot of superstars, on rookie deals.  But kudos to them for building what they have.

Yes, KC has diversified their spending/have stars at key positions.

This is basically my point.  Very few teams actually pay for 2 top-$ WR contracts.  That $ is better used elsewhere.  I'd be putting more into the OL, instead of Dhop.

If Beane bucks the trend, and his own personal philosophy on team building, that would be very surprising to me.  Exciting to get Dhop yes, but at a cost that can't be shrugged off as easy as many here suggest.

I don’t necessarily disagree with you on the OL piece.  

KC has invested heavily in their OL… both $$$ and the draft.  

Seems the Bills truly do believe Spencer Brown can become a Lane Johnson type freak.. and that seems to be guiding their OL moves as RT is the clear remaining question mark on that line after signing McGovern and bringing Edwards in as depth/competition. 

Im sure if he figures it out, it will happen not this year, but next year, just in time for us to gain nothing from his rookie contract but have to pay him. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, mrags said:

I definitely saw it last night at some point. I was up pretty late but I’d guess somewhere between 10pm and 2am. Don’t remember the exact time. I was in a DHop Vortex at the time. 

Ah sorry - I just read it today. It says 2 hours ago. Simply a tweet but interesting. I hope it's true.

Diggs, Dhop, Harty, Know, Harris or Cook. ALL ON THE FIELD!! That would be unstoppable. Shakir/Davis as subs. Oh boy. Then draft all D.

1 minute ago, Airseven said:

The point is what Arizona would accept. Posters want Arizona to want Oliver and a late pick. They don’t. It’ll likely take a 2nd round pick plus some kind of later pick swap. And the obvious hang up is his contract both in terms of a re-structuring for a trade partner and the dead cap Arizona is forced to eat.

And in reality, you have no clue what they want or how bad they want to get rid of DHop.  

The price will be determined by the rest of the league driving the demand.  If their objective is to shed hopkins salary and the demand isn’t there, they’ll take the best offer. 

you also have no clue how they feel

about Ed. Az has THE worst DL in the league and it’s not even close. It doesn’t matter if they go DL in rd 1, 2 and 3….. they’d still have a bad DL.  If they like Ed and want to throw some money his way, a trade for him makes some sense.  

We don’t know how they feel….. but you can pretend.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Who was that Cardinals receiver back in the BBMB days that we were somehow psyched about the prospect of getting?  Forgot his name.

Bryant Johnson-  it was bad on TBD too. 

bbmb was so bad.  Always and forever. 

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Cincy will start to unravel in a couple years.  Luxury of having alot of superstars, on rookie deals.  But kudos to them for building what they have.

Yes, KC has diversified their spending/have stars at key positions.

This is basically my point.  Very few teams actually pay for 2 top-$ WR contracts.  That $ is better used elsewhere.  I'd be putting more into the OL, instead of Dhop.

If Beane bucks the trend, and his own personal philosophy on team building, that would be very surprising to me.  Exciting to get Dhop yes, but at a cost that can't be shrugged off as easy as many here suggest.

WGR this morning discussed how 8 teams have 2 WRs in the top 30 of PFFs rankings from last year. (Hopkins was right around or at 30 overall. Diggs was 5.)

Of course that’s not necessarily the same as paying for top contracts.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

F KC

Pre-workout starting to hit right as I read this post…. Cool. Cool.  About to rage at the gym now.   

Beane, please just get this done … 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

F KC

If that account knows anything..... KC wasn't mentioned by Pacman on MacAfee yesterday as a possible destination.  I'm inclined to think the agent wants the Bills to believe they are involved so that we offer more guaranteed $ on a reworked deal 

12 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

I just posted it. It's on a few websites. Could be rumour but I seriously doubt it. I feel he is ours!

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-bills-trade-rumors-deandre-hopkins-stevie-johnson-twitter-trolling-arizona-cardinals

Thanks for the link…yeah that’s the tweet from last night and I couldn’t find it on Twitter because I think he took it down.  But definitely was interesting t when he posted it.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

There's alot I disagree with here, just to hit on a cpl points:

1. Offense: we had a dominate offense early in season, not just "good".  Not having to punt the ball is proof of that.  Yes offense cooled but nobody knows how much is attributed to Josh elbow vs playcalling vs defenses adjusting (probably a bit of all).

2. Tragedy: everyone handles differently, it's a bit harsh to not cut slack for everything this team went thru LY

Respect your opinion, just disagree with alot of your views

Comparing losing an elderly gramma to a 21yr old younger brother, to unnatural causes (especially if it was the 'worst' one) is beyond silly. It's a d*** thing to even imply.

Knox needs to perform this year no doubt, but good Lord @Rags get a grip dude.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

If that account knows anything..... KC wasn't mentioned by Pacman on MacAfee yesterday as a possible destination.  I'm inclined to think the agent wants the Bills to believe they are involved so that we offer more guaranteed $ on a reworked deal 

True, and I probably agree, but the longer these negotiations drag on, who knows what unexpected turns come about.  

It’s why I’m impressed/confused by how chill the Jets seem to be as if nobody will randomly decide, hey.. maybe we should take a run at Rodgers. 

7 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

Ah sorry - I just read it today. It says 2 hours ago. Simply a tweet but interesting. I hope it's true.

Diggs, Dhop, Harty, Know, Harris or Cook. ALL ON THE FIELD!! That would be unstoppable. Shakir/Davis as subs. Oh boy. Then draft all D.

No worries. Just wanted to let you know. Wasn’t trying to be a Dick 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, mrags said:

I definitely saw it last night at some point. I was up pretty late but I’d guess somewhere between 10pm and 2am. Don’t remember the exact time. I was in a DHop Vortex at the time. 

Not sure why you laughed at that @NewEra  you were up just as late. Lol. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This guy had the David Edwards signing a day before anyone else, but still take it with a grain of salt:

That would sort of lineup with what Spotrac posted earlier

If they don't want Ed and won't retain $, we'll have to get creative. Multiple void years likely

Edited by Warriorspikes51

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This guy had the David Edwards signing a day before anyone else, but still take it with a grain of salt:

If AZ isn’t eating any cap, I can’t imagine much is going back to them in return.  

Maybe a Day 3 pick this year and late Day 3 next year?  If we’re looking at the Cooks/Dallas trade. 

Have to imagine Oliver is being moved or Beane was never that worried about kicking cap down the road.    Not many other options out there for us to make it work unless they surprise move off Morse. 

For the amount of info we don’t get on bills signings, it’s hard to believe someone would know the intimate details of “working through the contract”. Maybe it’s possible. But it just doesn’t line up with past transactions under Beane

Edited by astb41
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

That would sort of lineup with what Spotrac posted earlier 

Yeah the only way we could take on the whole cap hit is if we trade Oliver. There was a report earlier in the offseason that Hopkins would be willing to be flexible with his contract on his new team. If true I'm sure we can make it work, just a matter of working out the details.

• Agree 4

1 minute ago, astb41 said:

For the amount of info we don’t get on bills signings, it’s hard to believe someone would know the intimate details of “working through the contract”. Maybe it’s possible. But it just doesn’t line up with past transactions under Beane

Jimmy overdorf has loose lips at the low price of female feet photos 

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

How does this random erie county bulls guy have info nobody else does it's weird?

Came outta nowhere, has no followers. Without looking that tells me he's never broke anything prev to Edward's. I want him to be right, it's just suspect

This happens...Sal had TO before anyone else

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, astb41 said:

Another team is involved.  

We’ve never heard anything really about recent signings (maybe some watch for this guy stuff), but that is between Buffalo and the player...   Not Buffalo, Arizona, and the player. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, astb41 said:

I think this is a very valid statement 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Not many other options out there for us to make it work unless they surprise move off Morse. 

I hadn't considered this. But maybe our line could be Dawkins - McGovern - Bates - Edwards - Brown with a draft pick or two added into the mix. Cutting Morse saves us $5.3 million against the cap in 2023 with no dead cap beyond this year. This is an idea out of left field but I could see it working.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yeah the only way we could take on the whole cap hit is if we trade Oliver. There was a report earlier in the offseason that Hopkins would be willing to be flexible with his contract on his new team. If true I'm sure we can make it work, just a matter of working out the details.

Might be a 3-way-trade.  Oliver to Chicago for a mid-late round pick, Buffalo uses that pick to give to Arizona for Hopkins.  

5 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

How does this random erie county bulls guy have info nobody else does it's weird?

Came outta nowhere, has no followers. Without looking that tells me he's never broke anything prev to Edward's. I want him to be right, it's just suspect

I would still be skeptical

it had been reported earlier that day that the Bills had Edwards in for a visit and a few hours later he tweeted he was going to sign.

He may have sources but it is still could have just been a good guess

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

Takeo Spikes, different type of situation though 

Mario Williams too (like Spikes it was a FA deal). Although with Mario it was more certain we were in on him as he was in the city dining with Kyle Williams and the brass. 

1 minute ago, goldenboy81 said:

Have the Bills actually ever gotten the player where there was so much hype before? 

In recent memory … I guess id say the Bills were pretty well linked with the EDGE sweepstakes last off-season.   We just ended up with the guy we never saw coming. 

• Like (+1) 2