NFL Week #18 - Around the NFL - Sunday Edition

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Big C said:

Please for the love of all that is good in the world. 

Seriously this is why the bye was so important. I don’t care about playing in KC. I wanted KC to have to play Miami. 

By the end of that game you'll see there was no need to worry.

Just now, MasterStrategist said:

2 kick return scores took away 2 possessions, cmon man use some common sense.

I meant that as praise, not criticism! I thought 256 was total yardage in offense for the Bengals so Josh alone getting 254 against his name...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, MasterStrategist said:

2 kick return scores took away 2 possessions, cmon man use some common sense.

True.

Gabe drops did not help the stats either.

Not sure what is going on with Gabe, gaffes seem more concentration than injury-related.

Hope he recovers form or the Bills are shopping for WR2 opposite Diggs.

6 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Just read that Lamar has a PCL sprain he suffered Dec 4 and the prognosis to return was 1 to 3 weeks. He’s now missed 5 games. What gives?

Read some speculation that it might have to do with Lamar being frustrated with his contract situation. Possibly to protect himself from further damage.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Bengals' O-line cannot protect Burrows against a good pass rush. That's why the Bengals are not winning a championship anytime soon.

You guys can trash talk the Bengals if it makes you feel better; they will be a VERY TOUGH game if/when we run into them.  I have the highest respect for them to be honest.

I have already just assumed we will have to beat Bengals and Chiefs and Eagles this year....maybe the hardest 3 games in the league...in a row...to win the SB this year, but we can do it.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Bengals' O-line cannot protect Burrows against a good pass rush. That's why the Bengals are not winning a championship anytime soon.

5 minutes ago, Big C said:

Read some speculation that it might have to do with Lamar being frustrated with his contract situation. Possibly to protect himself from further damage.

Sounds about right.

EDIT: Sorry for tagging you Starry, meant to quote the post about Lamar’s $240M guaranteed.

Edited by JayBaller10
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

You guys can trash talk the Bengals if it makes you feel better; they will be a VERY TOUGH game if/when we run into them.  I have the highest respect for them to be honest.

I have already just assumed we will have to beat Bengals and Chiefs and Eagles this year....maybe the hardest 3 games in the league...in a row...to win the SB this year, but we can do it.

Without Von and with a weakened secondary I didn't say we were the team to beat them by pressuring Burrows.

They barely beat the Ravens with their replacement QB and a middling pass rush. They got two gift TDs on bad turnovers to start the game too. 

A lot of this boils down to matchups and what I'm saying is that they match up poorly, very poorly, against a team that can bring the heat. That's why they are not winning out this year imo.

22 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Anyone see Watkins fumble away a huge play??

3 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Without Von and with a weakened secondary I didn't say we were the team to beat them by pressuring Burrows.

They barely beat the Ravens with their replacement QB and a middling pass rush. They got two gift TDs on bad turnovers to start the game too. 

A lot of this boils down to matchups and what I'm saying is that they match up poorly, very poorly, against a team that can bring the heat. That's why they are not winning out this year imo.

100%

I'm curious if people think Lamar Jackson will play next week--and if he does--you see the Ravens having a shot at beating the Bengals? 

I didn't even consider this possibility, but it would be great if the Ravens could eliminate the Bengals for us.

I feel like it is about the same as hoping KC would lose last night to LV.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.