NFL Week #18 - Around the NFL - Sunday Edition

BuffaloBill

1 hour ago, Bills Fan in MD said:

Not sure it really matters. The Texans are probably looking QB (Bryce Young) and I don't see the Bears moving on from Justin Fields.  As long as the Bears don't trade the pick, the Texans will still get their guy.

The problem is that Houston doesn’t know what the Bears will do. Obviously,  they’re not taking a QB (possibly Will Anderson). If Houston is set on BY, they may have to offer picks in order to prevent another team from trading ahead of them. Winning today was killer.

11 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Sounds like the Rams are about to be really terrible.

Why wouldn't he? Guy is young as hell and the world is at his fingertips. Take a few years off, go live out some other dreams, and then come back if you want to the team of your choosing. He's got an opportunity to live a much less stressful life for a while and honestly, if I was in his position, I would've already turned in my notice.

2 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Indeed. Rams got their championship. Trading all the draft picks was worth it despite a challenging rebuild going forward.

No matter what, he'll always be a Super Bowl winning coach.

Just now, Bubba Gump said:

4th and inches and you try to run a gadget play when Dillon is your RB?? Stupid ass play call. Maybe Lafleur will get canned if the Packers lose.

I've been completely unimpressed with Lefleur for years now.

No idea what the Packers goal has been for a few seasons now. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Indeed. Rams got their championship. Trading all the draft picks was worth it despite a challenging rebuild going forward.

I guess there's something to be said for mortgaging the future to win in your windows, then bottoming out and picking high and starting over.

The downside is, not winning that championship turns your franchise into one that might relocate to LA.

7 minutes ago, Airseven said:

The problem is that Houston doesn’t know what the Bears will do. Obviously,  they’re not taking a QB (possibly Will Anderson). If Houston is set on BY, they may have to offer picks in order to prevent another team from trading ahead of them. Winning today was killer.

If I’m the Bears I’d be trying like hell to trade down 

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Airseven said:

It’s zzzz because it’s the final weekend not because it’s game 17. Game 16 was often zzzz because so many players sit for different reasons.

You’re right but more games does give the league more time to spread out and therefore have fewer meaningful games. But agree overall, there’s generally a lot of meaningless games the final week be it week 17 or 18. 

27 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Yeah Houston could have someone trade up over them, but also I read the bears also could trade fields for a bunch of picks and the regime can pick "their guy"

25 minutes ago, Airseven said:

I don't know.  They needed that Superbowl and hoped it would make LA go football crazy. It did not.  Now they are gonna probably be duds for a bit. If the goal was to create or increase the fan base and get LA to invest, it didn't work and if they suck for a bit that won't help things

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.