Official: (Bengals) Game will not be resumed this week UPDATE: OFFICIALLY CANCELLED

Process

1 minute ago, boyst said:

This whole thing, talking about it in WGR again - AFC final game on neutral site if bills, Bengals, or Chiefs get to AFC finals - a neutral field would be used. I'd guess Indianapolis or Detroit.

Which I think hurts us. Outside in any stadium is my vote when all 3 okay outside.

Plus, I'd rather have the first round bye. 

Unfortunately as of right now, that seems unlikely 

12 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

Spectrum News also just announced NFL will not restart the Bills/Bengals game. No news on playoff implications

So NFL waits for positive news. Ok, your guy didnt die so we dont look bad saying touhg luck buffalo/cinci and hopes of your 1 seed. 

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

In some respects, if the Bills and Bengals are not forced to finish this game, haven't they received a "soft-bye week". 

They played an 1/8 game. 

The emotional and mental aspect everyone on that field went through FAR outweighs it.......

If anything, the Bills and Bengals need a Bye week before their playoff games

Edited by Warriorspikes51

Goodell: "Buffalo, would you like to continue the game vs Cincinnati? You'll trail 7-3 and Bengals have ball at midfield."

Bills: "Nah, let's just call it a draw and change all the rules so that we can get most of the same benefits with zero risk of falling to the 3 seed." 

Bengals: "Well, actually, we feel this is very unf..."

Goodell (interrupts): "I didn't ask you!"

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Cancelling the game was a good first step.  Resuming the game was always a terrible option and should have been ruled out first thing Tuesday morning.  

No announcement on the playoffs signals to me that the league is going to pick one of the dumb-but-there's-money-to-be-made options.  If they were just going to go by win percentage (or whatever) and call it good, they could have announced that at the same time.  The fact that they didn't suggests that they're trying to get their ducks in a row for a complicated change to the calendar.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

In some respects, if the Bills and Bengals are not forced to finish this game, haven't they received a "soft-bye week". 

They played an 1/8 game. 

Yeah kind of. They still practiced and prepared for a game so they didn't get the typical rest involved with a bye week. I would also say the emotional drain from the game makes it less like a bye week too. But there's no doubt the players came out more physically healthy than other teams (minus Taron and Hamlin of course)

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

They played an 1/8 game. 

Physically, yes, mentally, that was far beyond anything a game could do to someone.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, boyst said:

This whole thing, talking about it in WGR again - AFC final game on neutral site if bills, Bengals, or Chiefs get to AFC finals - a neutral field would be used. I'd guess Indianapolis or Detroit.

Detroit hopefully, it’s become the Bills home away from home. 

• Dislike 1

Just now, BBills_88 said:

Bills Take the L. 

Take the # 2 or 3 Seed in the playoffs

Use all the craziness from this season and PLOW through every team in the playoff and WIN the superbowl

No one is taking an L.  It'll be "No Contest" 

2 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Detroit hopefully, it’s become the Bills home away from home. 

I'd prefer Tennessee. Not a fan of Detroit's turf.....

7 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

They played an 1/8 game. 

And lost 2 important players and how many days of prep / sleep this week?

Edited by Captain Caveman

21 minutes ago, boyst said:

Which I think hurts us. Outside in any stadium is my vote when all 3 okay outside.

Plus, I'd rather have the first round bye. 

This is making more sense considering the lack of a game screws a play in team. 

Out of those two options, I'd take Indy.

16 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

They played an 1/8 game. 

There was nothing about being involved in that game that gave them a bye week...incomprehensible statement from a human being point of view, or I guess, comprehensible if you have no ability to be empathetic towards others since you have no reference point.

Edited by Big Turk

12 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

They played an 1/8 game. 

In all respects, it was way worse than a “normal” week and not even close to a bye.  I’d imagine the players and staff feel mentally, emotionally, and physically drained.     What they’ve gone through is the the type of stuff that ages you... not rests you. 

For the neutral field.  If it's Bills vs Cincinnati-Detroit.  If Bills vs KC-Indianapolis

This is based on the distance between the two teams & the neutral site. In both these scenarios the distance to the neutral site is close to equal. KC to Detroit is much further than Buffalo to Detroit.  Cincinnati is too close to Indy to be considered.  If it's KC-Cin I don't care where they play it.  

For clearly selfish reasons, because it's the closest stadium, play it in NJ.  

Just now, Albany,n.y. said:

For the neutral field.  If it's Bills vs Cincinnati-Detroit.  If Bills vs KC-Indianapolis

This is based on the distance between the two teams & the neutral site. In both these scenarios the distance to the neutral site is close to equal. KC to Detroit is much further than Buffalo to Detroit.  Cincinnati is too close to Indy to be considered.  If it's KC-Cin I don't care where they play it.  

Everything's legal in New Jersey.

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Adam Schefter is reporting that Hasselback gave an idea that the NFL is listening to that the Bills/ Bengal game is ruled a tie. Then the winner of the #1 seed has the choice of either home field throughout the playoffs or a bye. The #2 seed team would get what remains. 

Bye all day long, although it's interesting. 

1 less game to win to get to the SB, and 1 less game of injury possibilities or just general fatigue 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Adam Schefter is reporting that Hasselback gave an idea that the NFL is listening to that the Bills/ Bengal game is ruled a tie. Then the winner of the #1 seed has the choice of either home field throughout the playoffs or a bye. The #2 seed team would get what remains. 

That's actually a pretty decent idea. Bit more convoluted than I feel like the NFL is going to go with but it would keep the games meaningful this weekend so they have to want to do something that keeps their best teams playing.

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This would be nice for us because it guarantees we get something if we win Sunday.

Let's say they announce this before Saturday and KC loses.

Do the Bills take the Bye?  

Edited by Warriorspikes51

23 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

No one is taking an L.  It'll be "No Contest" 

I'd prefer Tennessee. Not a fan of Detroit's turf.....

i am so ready to get back to normal. go over to chiefs groups whre they're talking trash and admit we are taking a "L" on this but only after the bungles and bills gave them their own "L" so they go jump on a D

15 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

no way man. i want it outside because all 3 teams are cold teams, play outside and of all 3 teams the one to favor the most to play indoors isn't us. it's the bengals and we tie the chiefs.

i'd say CIN/BUF in Cleveland (that place can use some charity)

KC/BUF in Nashville - it's 550 miles to KC and 700 to Buf but i'd take the outdoors and that setup/atmosphere over Indy which is almost exactly in between miles wise.

no neutral fields, that's a terrible idea

However you figure out the seeds is fine. Letting #1 seed select HFA or bye is decent too, but then go forward from there as normal.  

IF they go that route (whoever ends up #1 seed gets the choice of 1) I would like to see all 3 teams in the running for #1 seed (KC, BUF, CIN) come out and publicly agree to it before any games are played this weekend. 

10 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

This would be nice for us because it guarantees we get something if we win Sunday.

Let's say they announce this before Saturday and KC loses.

Do the Bills take the Bye?  

This idea by Hasselback is the best and fairest I've heard yet to all 3 teams. Plus you wouldn't have to replay the Cincy game.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This idea by Hasselback is the best and fairest I've heard yet to all 3 teams. Plus you wouldn't have to replay the Cincy game.

I never thought about this angle.  Seems very fair,  Assuming KC and Bills both win, KC would get to choose if they want the Bye week but give up home field advantage to Buffalo if they played the Bills in AFC championship game?

Am I understanding that correctly?

and if the Bills win and KC loses this week then Buffalo automatically gets the bye and home field, is that correct?

I know it’s not official but under this proposition is that what is being said?

Just now, Magox said:

I never thought about this angle.  Seems very fair,  Assuming KC and Bills both win, KC would get to choose if they want the Bye week but give up home field advantage to Buffalo if they played the Bills in AFC championship game?

Am I understanding that correctly?

and if the Bills win and KC loses this week then Buffalo automatically gets the bye and home field, is that correct?

I know it’s not official but under this proposition is that what is being said?

No. Whoever the 1 seed is after week 18 based on Win% gets to select whether they want the Bye or Home Field.

The 2 seed gets whichever is not elected

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

No. Whoever the 1 seed is after week 18 based on Win% gets to select whether they want the Bye or Home Field.

The 2 seed gets whichever is not elected

I don't see why the Bills wouldn't get the #1 outright if the Chiefs lose and the Bills win.

They'd be a game up in the loss column, plus they'd have the tiebreaker on KC.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, boyst said:

i am so ready to get back to normal. go over to chiefs groups whre they're talking trash and admit we are taking a "L" on this but only after the bungles and bills gave them their own "L" so they go jump on a D

After reading this, I decided to pop over to Chiefs Planet for a minute. As always, I'm so sorry I did.

Do you think they KNOW how awful they are? Like...do the cretins there have any awareness of what an awful, toxic, disgusting cesspool that place is?

Woof.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

After reading this, I decided to pop over to Chiefs Planet for a minute. As always, I'm so sorry I did.

Do you think they KNOW how awful they are? Like...do the cretins there have any awareness of what an awful, toxic, disgusting cesspool that place is?

Woof.

it's really gross

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Logic said:

Woof.

Could you imagine me as a chiefs fan?  Me being able to deliver a ridiculous amount of misery and vitriol but also being a cesspool and toxic mofo? 

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Bye all day long, although it's interesting. 

1 less game to win to get to the SB, and 1 less game of injury possibilities or just general fatigue 

I can't argue as you make good points. I would also want homefield advantage. The Bills more than any other team seem to feed off the energy of the crowd and use it to their advantage. I think in their entire history they have only lost 1 game at home in the playoffs. Kelly's last game vs Jacksonville in the WC.

Obviously too late in the week for this now, but a good option would have been to play the bengals game again this week.  Have the Cheats play the Ravens instead at a neutral site.

Then the top seed gets settled and both the ravens and Cheats are essentially in a win-and-your-in scenario.  They played each other already this year so a lot of the scouting is done.

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.