Playoff Solutions Assuming they don’t replay the Bengals game.

Locomark

9 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

My brother is in a championship game right now in this scenario!

He has Allen and Bass and he is playing against Burrow and is losing 97 to 90.7 when play stopped. 

That said I don't think the NFL cares about Fantasy that much. 

I'm in the Championship game in my league also.  I've got Higgins and Knox, my opponent has Burrows.  He's leading right now, by less than 10 points.  

You would think the NFL has some rule for a scenario where it’s logistically impossible to finish a game.

Don’t think there’s any chance this game is ever resumed. The fairest way to settle it has to be a coin flip. Declaring it a tie or just  canceling it only benefits the Chiefs. 

The other thing to consider is whether the Bills players will even be able to play on Sunday against NE. If the Bills forfeit that game it wouldn’t be fair to Miami or Pittsburgh.

• Agree 1

I think every single game is getting postponed this week.  

The fact that they will be waiting for more clarity on Hamlin’s health - which we know nothing and it could be days - how are the Bills supposed to prepare for NE this week?  

This is unprecedented.  We’re going to see unprecedented schedule changes.  

Please God, look over him and the doctors caring for him.   

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

What had this got to do with KC ?

If they go to win percentage and KC wins next week they'll have the better percentage and will be the one seed. Gifting them that spot. 

I'm not a fan of it but the coin flip idea decides the game(possibly gifting the chefs 1 seed as well) and normal playoff rules apply. 

27 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I can't begin to care about this even a little bit. If Hamlin comes out of this with his health and we're playing on wildcard weekend I'm as happy as can be.

I get it. I don't disagree. Hamlin first.

But I don't think that's how the NFL operates. They're not going to penalize both the Bills and Bengals because of the tragedy tonight.

The season will continue. The NFL is almost certainly currently meeting trying to figure out how to do it with both respect for the gravity of the situation and fairness for the teams involved.

1 minute ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

If they go to win percentage and KC wins next week they'll have the better percentage and will be the one seed. Gifting them that spot. 

I'm not a fan of it but the coin flip idea decides the game(possibly gifting the chefs 1 seed as well) and normal playoff rules apply. 

ok .. is this in the current  rules though? 

3 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I don't think anyone knows the current rules on this that's why we have a speculation thread 

ok … let’s keep speculating when we don’t know the rules… that will be helpful 

Just now, Not at the table Karlos said:

Cool...

Give me the eye rolls brother !

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

ok … let’s keep speculating when we don’t know the rules… that will be helpful 

Give me the eye rolls brother !

The Bills didn't forfeit, and the game was postponed, and there doesn't appear to be precedent or a rule for this.

The NFL will be making up its own ruling for what happens next and for that we will speculate.

5 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

The Bills didn't forfeit, and the game was postponed, and there doesn't appear to be precedent or a rule for this.

The NFL will be making up its own ruling for what happens next and for that we will speculate.

Never said they forfeited 

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

You're not going to hear a word from the NFL until Hamllin's status is known.  As it should be.  

It could be days before we know anything. His status will have no bearing on what they decide. Nor should it. 
My understanding is the Bills already flew home. They are not playing tomorrow. The only possibility is a Wednesday game and then moving Bills Pats and Bengals Ravens to Monday. That seems unlikely because more than one of those teams and possibly all four of them will have a short week before the playoff games. Not happening.

They aren’t playing this game and they will either forfeit the Bills because they were losing at the time the game was stopped or just go by conference win percentage. 
It doesn’t really matter. This team is cursed this year. 

• Disagree 1

27 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

I'm sure the nfl offices will consult with the rules committee to figure out some fair method that is as fair to all the teams as much as they can.  How they deal with this might make things better for player safety going forward as there might be less tolerance for letting little extra hits from some of the more chippy players to be left unchecked.  Not saying that occurred in the Hamlin injury as it didn't even appear to be a overly hard collision between the players.  Seemed fairly routine as far as tackles go.  

Edited by AuntieEm

16 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

It could be days before we know anything. His status will have no bearing on what they decide. Nor should it. 
My understanding is the Bills already flew home. They are not playing tomorrow. The only possibility is a Wednesday game and then moving Bills Pats and Bengals Ravens to Monday. That seems unlikely because more than one of those teams and possibly all four of them will have a short week before the playoff games. Not happening.

They aren’t playing this game and they will either forfeit the Bills because they were losing at the time the game was stopped or just go by conference win percentage. 

It actually would matter if it got down to the two options you listed. Forfeiture or go by conference win %. If we have to forfeit we will almost certainly end up the 3 seed. If they just eliminate the game or make it a tie, and go by win % then we would almost certainly end up the 2 seed. Neither is the 1 seed obviously, but 2 seed would be preferable to 3 seed. But I can’t imagine Cincy would be happy to go by win percentage. Just as Buffalo would prefer not to have to forfeit. I don’t see how the NFL can make each team happy or make things fair without somehow finishing the game. I just don’t know how they can reschedule at this point. I’m sure plenty of high level meetings will take place at the NFL office today. 

Edited by Billznut

I didn’t want to talk about fantasy football tonight, but I won my championships on THAT play. I was down 1.7, and Higgins is the only player either of us had tonight. With Higgins rec and 13 yards, I won. Now that’s some *****. But I don’t know now complicated this gets if the game is actually canceled instead of being suspended/delayed as is currently the case.

22 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I meant they won't announce anything tonight.  They're not going to say we're resuming the game on Wednesday and then god forbid Hamlin dies in the hospital overnight.

10 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

I didn’t want to talk about fantasy football tonight, but I won my championships on THAT play. I was down 1.7, and Higgins is the only player either of us had tonight. With Higgins rec and 13 yards, I won. Now that’s some *****. But I don’t know now complicated this gets if the game is actually canceled instead of being suspended/delayed as is currently the case.

Hope the Bills winning the real Championship gives you some peace of mind brother !

1 hour ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Doesn’t this have major implications on who wins the AFC North, which in turns has major implications on everything else?

I really don’t see how they don’t play this somehow.

I think they’re gonna play it but they don’t want the focus to be on rescheduling the game right now which is the right call

The game needs to be played.

This may seem harsh but we had a guy die at work, was crushed to death, and they didn't stop work and we worked through it. It Friggin sucked ill tell ya that but they could get it together by Wednesday and then play again next Monday even though that is not a normal on the last week.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

The game needs to be played.

This may seem harsh but we had a guy die at work, was crushed to death, and they didn't stop work and we worked through it. It Friggin sucked ill tell ya that but they could get it together by Wednesday and then play again next Monday even though that is not a normal on the last week.

A guy was crushed to death where you work, and they didn't close shop for the day?

WTF?  Sounds like a great place to work.

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

No plan to play to resume the game at this time.

they dont have much time to decide

3 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

A guy was crushed to death where you work, and they didn't close shop for the day?

WTF?  Sounds like a great place to work.

Actually it is a great place to work BUT they screwed up that day. Most guys took a vacation day.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

Only reason I can think is the NFL pissing off a LOT of fantasy football people.this game most likely affected 70% of all fantasy championships in some way. I dont think they let that fly.

I was waiting for someone to bring up Fantasy Football.  Oy vay!

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.