Week 17: Bills at Bengals on MNF

Beck Water

6 hours ago, Greg S said:

Who do you think Troy will be drooling over more Allen or Burrow?

Allen.

Allen is more likable than Burrow. Burrow comes across as a rich fraternity boy. He would be a member of Omega Theta Pi in Animal House "Thank you sir may I have another"

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

The Bills win and likely get the number 1 seed. The Bills lose and they are likely the 3 seed. That's about as big as an implication you can get for a regular seadon game. 

Is it really that big?  Last year the Bengals were the #3 seed and went to the Super Bowl.  The Rams were the #2 seed and went to the Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

I'm concerned about how much preparation for the game will be affected by extreme weather. Bengals are a difficult test, but I do think outside of the victory over the Chiefs, the Bengals have largely benefited from lesser competition.

Bills have played the 9th toughest schedule, Bengals the 7th toughest.  They have 10 common opponents, [incl division 2 fers].  Bills have a +70 point differential, but 68 of those points are from the blowouts vs. the Steelers and Titans.  Teams are pretty evenly matched.

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, boater said:

Allen.

Allen is more likable than Burrow. Burrow comes across as a rich fraternity boy. He would be a member of Omega Theta Pi in Animal House "Thank you sir may I have another"

Totally opposite. Troy gonna see himself most as joe burrow. Bias 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Is it really that big?  Last year the Bengals were the #3 seed and went to the Super Bowl.  The Rams were the #2 seed and went to the Super Bowl.

I think it's HUGE to get the bye and home field advantage. It would give the Bills a substantial advantage. Of course, there are no guarantees. I think last year's results are last year's results. I don't think it means much this year. 

• Like (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I think it's HUGE to get the bye and home field advantage. It would give the Bills a substantial advantage. Of course, there are no guarantees. I think last year's results are last year's results. I don't think it means much this year. 

Yes , winning two games vs three games is a pretty big advantage. One thing is guaranteed, though ;last years results mean zero to this years results. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Simon pinned this topic

#1 seed gets rest AND one less game to have players hurt. 

Given the injury attrition rate lately—this aspect is really big and unique moment built into 2022.

6 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

Am I the only one that doesn’t like the Manning cast?

I like it when I don’t care about the teams/games. It’s newly entertaining for low quality, low emotion games. But NOT a fan when Bills are on!

7 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Burrow, for sure.  He is not a fan of Allen’s style.  He understands Burrow

Troy is old school QB lover. Doesn’t quite get mobility 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Bengals were the #4 seed.  So were Rams.

Last year AFC champ was between #4 and #2 seed, NFC champ was between #6 and #4 seed

Superbowl, two #4 seeds faced off

2020 AFC #2 and #1 seed, NFC #5 seed and #1 seed,

Superbowl, #1 seed and #5 seed (won)

2019 AFC #6 seed and #2 seed, NFC #1 seed and #2 seed

Superbowl #2 seed (won) and #1 seed

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I still think about that fumble and flukey catch on 4th &18  vs the Vikings... 

They win that game and we just have to go 1-1. Huge gm. Can't wait 

Me too but I’m sure Bengals fans think about that absurd opening day loss to the Steelers.

All of the top teams have a dumb ass loss or two. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

The one thing we really need to clean up is our special teams. Two straight abysmal games in a row. I would like to see us just kick some touchbacks (and Not try to cover), and eliminate the penalties on the returns. 

Wind in the last game was a big factor.  Bass was kicking line drives just to get it inside their 10.

Should be better this week with a "nice" forecast compared to the last few weeks.

• Like (+1) 1

#1 seed gives the Bills the most time possible to try and get Hyde or Crowder back, although it is looking more and more like they are done.

Haven’t heard anything on either other than they are running off to the side of practice.

But it would get you to mid-January to get anyone back that you could. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.