NFL Week # 16 - Around the NFL - Playoff seeding special - Seattle at KC

BuffaloBill

37 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Forget these are bad weather games not a dome

AND JOSH IS PLAYING INJURED....idiot left that all out

You are correct sir. He has been playing injured, hence the switch to more reliance upon the running game. I’m sure he will have surgery after the season 

If you want the douche gone just never click on his crap, it’s the same as taking his money from him and making him disappear, it’s two magic trick in one, 

Just now, Mango said:

If it wasn't Nick Wright, there would be somebody else. 

You don't have to give that person attention either. They know that people will get their panties in a wad and run to their content to yell at them about it and tell every single person they can about.. they do it for the clicks.

26 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

For the life of me I will never understand the obsession folks have with what random talking heads say/think about Buffalo and the Bills.  It’s a peculiar pathology I cannot fathom.

tHeY'rE oUt To GeT uS!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

If it wasn't Nick Wright, there would be somebody else. 

Exactly.  That's why I have no problem watching it hearing what he has to say because it's all an act.  

Honestly I didn't like him a few years ago because of what he would say but now I actually get a laugh out of his "how can I troll bills fans this week" takes.  It's actually pretty entertaining when you put your fandom aside.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Malazan said:

You don't have to give that person attention either. They know that people will get their panties in a wad and run to their content to yell at them about it and tell every single person they can about.. they do it for the clicks.

I don't know man, it is a reasonable discussion point. Part of the fun of fandom is the banter between games and seasons about a plethora of subject lines. This being one of them. If you don't feel Josh Allen's overall play since the KC is worth of discussion you too are welcome to not enter the thread...

Just now, The Wiz said:

Exactly.  That's why I have no problem watching it hearing what he has to say because it's all an act.  

Honestly I didn't like him a few years ago because of what he would say but now I actually get a laugh out of his "how can I troll bills fans this week" takes.  It's actually pretty entertaining when you put your fandom aside.

I agree. Every sports show is this way. So is every fan. We scream about all the offensive holding calls, but nobody is watching our OL close enough to scream at the refs about how much they suck. 

Fandom is fun. The competitiveness on and off the field is a blast, and message boards, twitter, reddit, etc. is our field. Just take it for what it is. 

• Like (+1) 1

i never think much about nick wright, nor do i ever watch the clips, but i finally saw what some posters are talking about a few weeks ago.  I think it the sunday after the miami game, and they were doing a, "naughty or nice" section where wright was giving his opinions.  I wasn't even watching tv, but saw that josh allen came up, so i had to listen.  it was typical of what i've heard on here, about the guy going way out of his way to bash josh, not giving the full picture in his explanation, etc.  no big deal, and seemed par for the course.  he gave allen a "naughty".

the point that caught my attention was when they moved on to discuss burrow.  the first 30 or seconds or so were still dedicated to josh allen.  he was made a comment along the lines of how all of the attention and praise josh allen is getting isn't appropriate, and it should be all placed on the feet of burrow.  instead of just discussing burrow, he wouldn't let off allen.  it was strange, and was my first glimpse on what this guy is trying to accomplish with bills fans.  Either he really hates allen, or just loves getting a rise from bills mafia.

Edited by teef
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Fandom aside even if the schtick could be entertaining.. he’s just so incredibly dumb. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mango said:

I don't know man, it is a reasonable discussion point. Part of the fun of fandom is the banter between games and seasons about a plethora of subject lines. This being one of them. If you don't feel Josh Allen's overall play since the KC is worth of discussion you too are welcome to not enter the thread...

This isn't a discussion about Allen's play. It's a discussion about Nick Wright. 

• Agree 1

I wonder how many clicks this thread gave him.  

4 minutes ago, teef said:

i never think much about nick wright, nor do i ever watch the clips, but i finally saw what some posters are talking about a few weeks ago.  I think it the sunday after the miami game, and they were doing a, "naughty or nice" section where wright was giving his opinions.  I wasn't even watching tv, but saw that josh allen came up, so i had to listen.  it was typical of what i've heard on here, about the guy going way out of his way to bash josh, not giving the full picture in his explanation, etc.  no big deal, and seemed par for the course.  he gave allen a "naughty".

the point that caught my attention was when they moved on to discuss burrow.  the first 30 or seconds or so were still dedicated to josh allen.  he was made a comment along the lines of how all of the attention and praise josh allen is getting isn't appropriate, and it should be all placed on the feet of burrow.  instead of just discussing burrow, he wouldn't let off allen.  it was strange, and was my first glimpse on what this guy is trying to accomplish with bills fans.  Either he really hates allen, or just loves getting a rise from bills mafia.

Bills mafia = Nick wright job security. 

If you hate him.  Ignore him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I wonder how many clicks this thread gave him.  

Bills mafia = Nick wright job security. 

If you hate him.  Ignore him.

I actually generally like and agree with most of his points including some Bills ones.  Yet, It just seems different and personal with Josh and Bills, not just click bait.  Not sure what it is born out of, but I’ll just take it for what it is.

Edited by Billsflyer12
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Billsflyer12 said:

I actually generally like and agree with most of his points including some Bills ones.  Yet, It just seems different and personal with Josh and Bills, not just click bait.  Not sure what it is born out of, but I’ll just take it for what it is.

He likely gets a ton of vitrol from Bills fans that he doesn't get elsewhere. It helps with clicks and I assume he also finds it entertaining to get a reaction out of the fanbase. 

9 minutes ago, Billsflyer12 said:

It IS different.  He knows the more vitriol he spots, the more vitriol he’ll get in return.  And that’s all he wants.  He’s smart.  Bills mafia falls for it every time.  

11 minutes ago, Billsflyer12 said:

I used to like his basketball takes.  He’s an informed nba fan and knows his stuff most of the time.  

Nick Wright is good at cherry-picking data to create a strawman argument; he fails to mention Allen has played a majority of those games through a UCL injury, while also failing to mention the weather conditions, which have been horrible since GB outside of a few games in the Detroit dome.

What Nick is doing? I believe he trying to achieve two things: #1 stirring up drama to get Allen off his game before Cincy, and #2  doing a preemptive attack on Allen in the event we win and Allen will have two road wins against Mahomes and Burrow, a case that would serve to strengthen Allen’s MVP argument.

In summary Wright is a sleazy Chiefs fanboy who for some reason is given a nationally syndicated show with no objective ideas outside of “Allen is bad”.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Fandom aside even if the schtick could be entertaining.. he’s just so incredibly dumb. 

That's part of the reason I find it amusing.  It's like watching someone trying to push open a door when it's labeled "Pull".  To each their own. 

31 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

I’m still convinced that something bad happened to Nick by a Bills fan when he went to Syracuse for college. Like had his girlfriend taken, or got beat up.  His straight hatred for Buffalo is beyond a shtick.  He is the most punchable person of anyone I can think of. 

He is a chiefs fan, and if there is anything we know about chiefs fans is they can't stand anyone being held up to the same level of their golden boy.

He is just a trash chiefs fan with a platform.

He's a professional troll. But what is much worse, is that most people haven't seemed to catch on to his formula. He takes a popular team/player and vocally picks against them. Stephen A has already done this with the Cowboys and I'm surprised he himself hasn't taken offense to the blatant plagiarism. The logic is, if they win, your criticism made them. And if they lose, you called it early. You refuse to apologize and therefore never admit defeat. 

1200px-Forbidden-151987.svg.png

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.