NFL Week # 16 - Around the NFL - Post about games other than the Bills - Note: Seattle KC thread

BuffaloBill

16 hours ago, Hsker4life said:

And whatever happen to quality announcing. Not even a mention of the forward progress issue.

Totally. His forward progress was OBVIOUSLY stopped. They didn’t address whether it was reviewable or not either. It’s one of the worst calls I’ve seen this year, and there have been some bad ones.

3 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

Kumerow has been overvalued by the Bills, IMO.

2 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

I think he might be why we overvalued him!

As a WR? He's taken 17 snaps on offense for the season. They must be hiding him for the playoffs..

He's not worth mentioning as a WR and is a special teams player. 

2 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

All Stevenson had to do was hold on to the ball. Trust the Pats not to help us out when we needed them to.

How that play was not blown dead for forward progress is anyone's guess.

Stevenson should have been ruled down for no gain. You're bang on pointing out that of course when the Zebras decide to screw the pats, they find a way to screw us too. 

2 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

How that play was not blown dead for forward progress is anyone's guess.

Stevenson should have been ruled down for no gain. You're bang on pointing out that of course when the Zebras decide to screw the pats, they find a way to screw us too. 

I was baffled about the play not being whistled dead but thought I must be missing something.

10 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Well he’s excelling now someone dropped the ball and that’s Daniel Jones throwing to him.

He’s not excelling at all. He has one game over 50 yards receiving and yes he has a couple of touchdowns now. As others have said he is a poor man’s version of what Robert Foster did (which isn’t saying much) 

57 minutes ago, Malazan said:

As a WR? He's taken 17 snaps on offense for the season. They must be hiding him for the playoffs..

I think this year they planned on him being the 1st replacement for Diggs/Davis. It just so happens that he has gotten injured often this season.

Kumerow was first up when Davis was injured. Not Crowder, Hodgins, or Shakir. Kumerow actually lead the Bills WRs in snaps week 2 when Davis was out.

So yeah they had big plans for him I believe. He just couldn’t stay healthy.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Malazan said:

As someone who gets a roster spot, and kept us from keeping another receiver option. We already have Taiwan and Matakevich as special teams aces. 

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

Totally. His forward progress was OBVIOUSLY stopped. They didn’t address whether it was reviewable or not either. It’s one of the worst calls I’ve seen this year, and there have been some bad ones.

According to the pool report from the ref, Stevenson was never wrapped up and controlled on the initial stop and that’s why they didn’t blow the whistle.

Debatable, but if you watch they play again it does have some merit. Stevenson blasts into the pile, gets stopped, then kind of jump backs and tries to advance again before getting buried and stripped.

6 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

It’s kind of crazy how tight the AFC is for the wild card. Jets, Steelers, Jags, Titans, Pats, Chargers and Dolphins could finish at 9-8.

Dolphins could be out of a playoff spot after next week. Go Karen Rodgers!

NFC is the same way. And it’s exciting for the fans. That’s why I believe going to 8 teams and the top 2 get a bye would work. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think this year they planned on him being the 1st replacement for Diggs/Davis. It just so happens that he has gotten injured often this season.

Kumerow was first up when Davis was injured. Not Crowder, Hodgins, or Shakir. Kumerow actually lead the Bills WRs in snaps week 2 when Davis was out.

I think this is right, and that this plan overrated his potential as a WR. 

39 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

According to the pool report from the ref, Stevenson was never wrapped up and controlled on the initial stop and that’s why they didn’t blow the whistle.

Debatable, but if you watch they play again it does have some merit. Stevenson blasts into the pile, gets stopped, then kind of jump backs and tries to advance again before getting buried and stripped.

I saw that comment, which I thought was classic CYA. He was literally pushed back 3 yards! The whistle is always blown when that happens regardless of whether a guy’s legs are still churning. 

40 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

Yeah I’m OK with them letting the play go there from what I saw on the broadcast. 

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I saw that comment, which I thought was classic CYA. He was literally pushed back 3 yards! The whistle is always blown when that happens regardless of whether a guy’s legs are still churning. 

IDK I’ve seen plays where a guy gets pushed back but he manages to break free and get yards. I feel like there’s merit to the call here especially with how fast it happened. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Not sure they had “big plans” but they definitely expected to utilize him. I also think they were expecting to keep Hodgins as a squad guy but Daboll’s familiarity and the Giants receiver issues came at the wrong time for us. We probably would have promoted him after Kumerow went on IR. But I could be messing up the timeline here.

4 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

All Stevenson had to do was hold on to the ball. Trust the Pats not to help us out when we needed them to.

You really have to wonder sometimes with BB about his motives.  Hearing how he voted a guy into the pro bowl so another team had to give him a bonus, it wouldn't surprise me that he told his team to try to lose after being out of the playoffs to screw the bills over.

• Eyeroll 1

37 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

If the same play happened and it was the Bills on defense, this place would have EXPLODED if the play was whistled dead 

2 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

He’s not excelling at all. He has one game over 50 yards receiving and yes he has a couple of touchdowns now. As others have said he is a poor man’s version of what Robert Foster did (which isn’t saying much) 

Hodgins isn’t a speed guy. Who is comparing him to Foster?

He might be JAG when it’s all said and done but his usage is trending up and he looks pretty good from what I’ve seen. He’s got some extra length that our guys don’t have too. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

That might be one of the worst comps possible. Foster = all speed no hands. Hodgins catches everything. He was miscast with the Bills, he has actually kind of mutant short-area quickness but not long speed, he should have been developed as a big slot receiver, a big first down machine.

1 minute ago, Ralonzo said:

That might be one of the worst comps possible. Foster = all speed no hands. Hodgins catches everything. He was miscast with the Bills, he has actually kind of mutant short-area quickness but not long speed, he should have been developed as a big slot receiver, a big first down machine.

Yeah I kind of see him like a Thielen type. Sneaky good, sure handed, technician-type. But again he is lanky which is a boost. 

Early injury had to have stunted his growth here. Daboll & Schoen obviously liked his upside and we had to have known they were a potential sniper on waivers. But they have had even worse injury luck than us at the receiver position. Plus a potential malcontent with Toney? Anyway these things happen.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

The point his people are building him up like the Bills missed out on something amazing. He’s fine, nothing special though. He wasn’t going to climb the depth chart here so I’m not really understanding why people are getting so worked up over a guy who has a couple of touchdowns and some catches 

2 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

It was as if Rodgers voluntarily chose to take that sack.

Josh Allen is more likely to score a TD than be sacked on that play.  I mean, the likelihood of him being tackled in the backfield by that defender is approximately zero.

Rodgers should voluntarily find a new hairdresser. He looks ridiculous! 

1 hour ago, davefan66 said:

Waddle TD reminiscent of the one against us.

That was more like the TD Hill had in the playoffs game to retake the lead with under 2 minutes...basically a short crossing route that he just outran everyone on up the same sideline.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Vomit 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

That was more like the TD Hill had in the playoffs game to retake the lead with under 2 minutes...basically a short crossing route that he just outran everyone on up the same sideline.

I have no recollection of the game or situation to which you are presently referring.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.