Week 16: Bills at Bears on Christmas Eve

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I used to fish for smallmouth bass next to the Union Rd bridge in Gardenville.  Spent a lot of time along Buffalo Creek in

my youth.

I remember that spot well.  Perhaps we crossed paths decades ago.  Me and Exiled in Illinois figured out we both grew up on same street, Maplewood, right down the street from that river

10 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Outstanding!  Where do you get one of those?

Premiere Game Rooms

My wife found them on the web. Best part was they are made in CNY 30 min from my house, so I just went and picked it up. No shipping. 

All the old arcade games that I spent all my money on as a kid.  

27 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Yeah, it has 3x the flights as O'Hare...that's the thing.  It is scheduled to land flights about as rapidly as they can land during a normal day.  When the weather doesn't allow visual approach conditions, the capacity plummets and the flight cancellations/delays mount high.

But, if the Bills charter flight is booked as a Delta flight, which @T&C's link implies, it might not have a scheduled landing slot at Midway so I guess that explains it.

If the Bills are trying to land at O'Hare and bus to a downtown hotel, they not getting to their hotel until Late, Late, Late because traffic is going to be snarled like a 3 yr old left to brush her own hair.

It's a longer drive from Midway to the loop right now. Both drives will suck in this weather.  

It's only 7 miles shorter from Midway to the loop, but the traffic on 55 can literally crawl at under 5 miles per hour. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Pete said:

I remember that spot well.  Perhaps we crossed paths decades ago.  Me and Exiled in Illinois figured out we both grew up on same street, Maplewood, right down the street from that river

I'm about a decade older than you.  I grew up in the Harlem Rd and Dingens area.

3 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Is that the Dave and Busters model?

Likely custom built.

You can get plans for these pretty easily and all the decals can be done on a cricket machine.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/173951604335762991/

They are surprisingly not bad to build, just making them look nice is probably the harder part.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Agree 1

Just now, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

I'm in-between Chicago and Milwaukee and let me tell you it is nasty as ***** out here. I have no idea how football could possibly be played if it's like this. 

Yeah i noticed the Bills took off 20 mins ago from Buf in rainy 39 degrees.

When they land in Chicago it shows 3 degrees, snowy and 25 mph winds.

Not supposed to be snowing on Saturday tho.

17 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Remember when the bills were so bad all you had to do was show up with a shovel and you got free tickets?

That still works, only problem is you need to make sure the person you hit with the shovel has their phone unlocked first.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Bribing him food....yeah that makes sense.

So there's been some stuff that's surfaced here and there about some of the offers.  Like various staff and coaches wearing Josh's jock if he slides, or someone coming out to practice in less than the normal clothing

That hasn't gotten them more than a couple of slides from time to time.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Yeah i noticed the Bills took off 20 mins ago from Buf in rainy 39 degrees.

When they land in Chicago it shows 3 degrees, snowy and 25 mph winds.

Not supposed to be snowing on Saturday tho.

TAF from Midway:

222232Z 2223/2324 30018G29KT 3/4SM -SN BLSN SCT009 OVC012 TEMPO 2223/2224 1/2SM SN FG BLSN VV007 FM230200 30020G32KT 1 1/2SM -SN BLSN OVC015 FM230600 28022G39KT 2SM -SN BLSN OVC020 FM231700 27029G44KT 2SM BLSN OVC030

Landing tonight, are the winds are out of the west northwest at 18 gusting 29. 3/4 of a statute mile snow and blowing snow, overcast at 900, overcast at 1200. Temporarily 1/2 statute mile vis, snow, fog, blowing snow. Vertical visibility of 700 feet. I miss flying in Buffalo weather, because it’s fun to fly in the snow, but I don’t miss flying in that weather.

Early afternoon on the 23rd is showing winds out of the west 29 kts gusting to 44. 2 statute miles blowing snow overcast at 3000. So definitely improving. That’s as far as the TAF goes out for now. 

who am I kidding I love flying in that s$*t.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

So there's been some stuff that's surfaced here and there about some of the offers.  Like various staff and coaches wearing Josh's jock if he slides, or someone coming out to practice in less than the normal clothing

That hasn't gotten them more than a couple of slides from time to time.

Maybe his stomach is the answer, I think he said that he basically just ate a ton of food on his bye week.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Maybe his stomach is the answer, I think he said that he basically just ate a ton of food on his bye week.

Doesn’t sound like a good notion to bribe him to stay in football shape (by sliding and avoiding hits) by eating a ton of food and sliding out of football shape

12 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Why is it on CBS? Aren't NFC home games usually on FOX?

What's the explanation?

The NFL now allows the two networks to get a number of games from the other conference each season. ThE NFL makes the final decision, but the networks can state their preferences. This is one of them.

EDIT: here is a good explanation from a few years ago from a FOX affiliate in Wisconsin:

https://fox11online.com/sports/packers-and-nfl/an-explanation-of-the-guidelines-for-nfl-tv-coverage

"In general, Fox airs NFC games, CBS airs AFC games. For non-prime-time games between teams in different conferences, the network of the visiting team gets the rights (in most cases). That's why CBS has the Oakland at Packers game. However, starting four years ago, it became easier to shift games between Fox & CBS on Sundays, regardless of conference affiliation. This "cross flex" tool may be used to even out the number of games aired on each network, or to get a high-interest game more distribution - even if it's on the 'wrong' network. This year, that tool is being used, such that Fox is airing the Denver at Green Bay game, and CBS is airing the Packers at Chargers game."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by chongli
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.