Frazier & McD's defensive strategies a potential postseason liability

Toyo321

McDermott and Frazier are the reason the Bills lost playoff games the last two years. As long as these two are on the sidelines, the Bills will be perennial playoff losers.

I'm hoping to God Josh Allen will be able to beat the opposing playoff teams, refs and these two Bills coaches to finally get the Lombardi trophy.

Edited by Joe Ferguson

34 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’d rather not have the offense use motion and shifting to create a situation where Taron Johnson becomes the MLB and an olineman is blowing him up on the 2nd level for gash runs. If Miami never stopped running on their own we would have lost that game last night 

Miami had the perfect game plan and beat themselves. I don’t understand coaches sometimes. The Bills definitely weren’t ready for that matchup by Miami. Each game is about different matchups. I don’t think the Bills will get caught like that again. They’ll make some adjustments. Most likely having Johnson shoot the gap instead of take on a blocker.

32 minutes ago, balln said:

for sure. Im screaming at the TV after the very first drive. ADJUST leslie. cuz i knew this wasnt gonna work. its not just personal its alignment. they need to get 5 guys on the Line / get LBs up. 

its this whole "dare team" to run concept - KC game at buff. thats fine if they dont beat you over the top or have big pass plays. but whoof. waddle and cheetah roasted them for tds. 

It’s not that simple because the failure happened in the game planning. They obviously felt defending the short to intermediate middle of the field passing game was more important than stopping the run game. Bills LBs and Johnson played very passive vs the run all game. 

Waddle TD was also a result of worrying about that intermediate passing game. Bills defensive coaches didn’t have the defense prepared. Simple as that. It happens sometimes. Luckily we had Josh Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It’s not that simple because the failure happened in the game planning. They obviously felt defending the short to intermediate middle of the field passing game was more important than stopping the run game. Bills LBs and Johnson played very passive vs the run all game. 

Waddle TD was also a result of worrying about that intermediate passing game. Bills defensive coaches didn’t have the defense prepared. Simple as that. It happens sometimes. Luckily we had Josh Allen.

but they did the same thing against the first jets game, the colts game last year....there are many other examples

• Agree 1

We will see how well Frazier makes adjustments for the Chicago game.  Are they going to spy Fields all game long,  like teams have been doing to Josh.

I would bet Frazier is just going to roll the dice again with zero adjustments.

Fields as of late has been a Lamar Jackson 2.0

Frazier does not instill any confidence for adaptability for this upcoming game.

Edited by Toyo321
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’d rather not have the offense use motion and shifting to create a situation where Taron Johnson becomes the MLB and an olineman is blowing him up on the 2nd level for gash runs. If Miami never stopped running on their own we would have lost that game last night 

From your lips to God's ears. I usually don't agree with you, but how can a Bills fan not see this?

The defensive scheme is based on the Bills having some mythical double digit lead in each game. May not be the best scheme for a pair of 30+year old safeties and a small nickel back to be playing defacto LB in a one score game early on.

Poyer, Johnson and Hyde have had 3 years of absolute abuse. Poyer is playing through ridiculous pain and injuries. I don't know how Johnson has held up, Hyde is on IR. How many times are these guys fighting off blocks, being the first to tackle etc?

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, balln said:

issue with tackling is just inferior athletes. the bills coaches / specifically D is who they draft / sign to run the D they want. basham and AJE are just not everydown DE in the NFL. i dont even know what basham is. Hes too slow to be a DE and hes not big or stout enough to be a DT. horrible pick. 

just need to draft BPA it really is that simple. How we have not  drafted ANY guards or C since wyat teller (cody ford was drafted to be RT folks). Thats 3 positions. in what 4 -5 years ? just wyatt teller! thats crazy

Basham is just lazy, you can see it even when he's on the sidelines. But he loves that paycheck. He should be cut immediately.

3 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Those teams basically adapted Frazier’s week 3 gameplan to their personnel. The big differences for the 49ers was they had Bosa while Von was out for us, and they tackled well. The fish also changed up a bit and attacked the perimeter more this game. Unfortunately our guys lost a lot of one on ones and missed out on a few turnover opportunities. 

I am kind of curious if they made a poor equipment choice with regards to cleats for the first half as the line play of O & D improved once the snow started falling. 

We are continuing to miss Epenesa and Basham...  Epenesa had a great game last week against the Jets, but has been invisible for most of the season. 

Our current best player on the front-seven is Shaq Lawson and that is saying something!

7 minutes ago, ganesh said:

We are continuing to miss Epenesa and Basham...  Epenesa had a great game last week against the Jets, but has been invisible for most of the season. 

Our current best player on the front-seven is Shaq Lawson and that is saying something!

I’d say Jones, Rousseau, or Milano, but the rest leave a lot of room for improvement. Particularly since Jones and Rousseau aren’t exactly game wreckers, and we need one of those at each level to really reap defensive success. 

6 hours ago, In Summary said:

Additionally, McDermott isn't powerless to influence the defense either in-game or in general scheme/philosophy. I can't dump on Frazier other that to say it was a bad night for run D. We'll never know, but hopefully there was some kind of old school ass chewing at halftime. 

Oh yea the idea that we move on from Leslie and hire someone who is going to run a super aggressive, blitz heavy D (which is what the Frazier detractors want) is for the birds. McDermott would not change his ethos. 

13 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

49ers and Chargers showed how to stop the Dolphins offense. But nope. Frasier sticks with nickel. Either he's stupid or stubborn.

The 49ers didn't stop the Dolphins. Tua just played an awful game. He missed a ton of wide open WRs including a couple that would have gone for TDs. Tua has played most of the year like he did on Saturday, a limited style of QB play but good enough to get the ball into the hands of one of his elite weapons in space. The Shanahan scheme IMO is the best in football, very hard for even elite defenses to stop when the right personnel is in the system. My biggest disappointment was not our scheme, it was missed tackles and underwhelming pass rush. Hamlin is a disaster and our DL without Von Miller doesn't have a ton of juice. I think Oliver might still be feeling the effects of his pec injury too, he was invisible all night. Only so much the coaches can do. On defense more than ever now it's about the players more than the coaches. For offense a little more responsibility falls on the coaching IMO.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I have been very vocal about my displeasure with Fraizer. I feel like our talent on defense far exceeds our performance. I can’t stand the way Fraizer calls a defense and I hope that he gets a HC job. The constant refusal to come out of nickel regardless of situation is as frustrating as it is dumb. The fact that our LBs can run and cover as a strength is even more of a reason to play a 3rd LB. Of all the teams in the NFL that can cover a guy without a NB, we are at the top. That stubbornness is why we can’t stop the run and that’s why physical teams make us pay. The Bears are going to pound the ball down our throats. This is not the time to mess around. The Bills better put Klein on the field and take our chances with a conventional base defense. We should be able to beat the Bears but if you let them run it on you, they can steal one.

Arguably true in previous years. Not at all true this year. 

7 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

We will see how well Frazier makes adjustments for the Chicago game.  Are they going to spy Fields all game long,  like teams have been doing to Josh.

I would bet Frazier is just going to roll the dice again with zero adjustments.

Fields as of late has been a Lamar Jackson 2.0

Frazier does not instill any confidence for adaptability for this upcoming game.

The one thing the Bills have done is stop Lamar Jackson. Such a strange post. Also Frazier calls plays but this defense runs through McDermott. Whatever we do out there it starts with McDermott.

I think Fields will be tough to slow down on the ground but they’ve done it before vs running QBs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

It's great to be 11-3 and honestly if it were not for some really bad defensive mistakes this year,  we surely would be 12-2 or 13-1 at this point.

I said this last year and now it is a concern.  I believe that Frazier's and McD's reluctance to go away from the nickel D and zone coverage, and their adaptability is going to hurt us this year in the playoffs.

1) Our D-Line got annihilated last night by Miami.  And it's not the only time this year it's happened too.

2) Milano had a horrible game.  Not being able to contain to the outside on run plays killed us in this game.

3) The poor LB and DB tackling has become a major issue.

3) Lack of talk on the field, safeties and the LB's cost us with opposition putting points on the board again last night on big passing plays.

4) The D has not looked good on too many occasions, like last night, and this has happened numerous times this season.

Teams that have lit us up this year passing against our D, 300+ yards.     Vikes, Browns, Pitt, KC

Teams that have lit us up this year rushing against our D, 100+ yards       Ravens, Packers, Jets, Vikes, Phins

Frazier has lost his edge when it comes to preparing and executing game plans against other teams this year.

This team is so set on this Nickel scheme that I don't believe this year our D will be able to be relied upon in the postseason, especially without Von & Micah.

Plus I see Dorsey as a real handicap this year going into the postseason. 

That even makes the D's performance more important this year, than last year. 

Our D needs to evolve as we go to the playoffs this year.  If not we are screwed.

We are only going to go as far as our D is going to take us this year. 

JA17 is a like having Ace in the hole when playing poker.  But your Ace is not always going to be there for every game.  Especially in the postseason.

I hope I am wrong,  but if we play D as inconsistently as we did last night we are in trouble.

Like I said in another post, the upcoming Cincinnati game is going to be a real test where we stack up this year going into the postseason.

We will see after the Cinci game where we truly are.

you need to separate out garbage time stats when buffalo is playing soft prevent D.

look at the stats outside of a big play due to a bad tackle or missed assignment. Those have occurred.

our losses had to do with turnovers….

against jets and fins we turned the ball over inside our own 25. Minnesota we had the muffed snap TD. Against Minnesota and jets we turned it over when threatened to score score.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Watching these soft Frazier defenses who also can’t tackle makes me miss the 4-3s with Pettine and Schwartz.  Statistically ranked high and I recall most people at TBD liked what they accomplished.

And, like a lot of others at TBD have said well before me, I’d like to see how Edmunds plays in a 4-3, too bad we might have to watch him wreak havoc playing in a more skillset friendly scheme on another team next year with the salary he’ll get.

The lack of tackling was obvious last night - I do wonder if the cold had anything to do with it.

With that being said, Frazier's defense is strong when executed correctly.  Look at Miami's two big plays yesterday: 

1) Mostert breaks 4-5 tackles to turn a 4 yard gain to 60+

2) Clear miscoverage by the secondary on Waddle's touchdown.  The secondary was talking to one another, so they knew the coverage needed, but simply didnt execute.

Those two plays are 130 yards for the Dolphins.

The team NEEDS to execute better

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Bangarang said:

That’s our identity. That’s who we’ve been since McD and Frazier walked into the building and to their credit it’s worked every year.

I don’t think an extra LB solves our tackling problem last night. 

It didn't work each year. Bills lost playoff games the last two years because of McD and Frazier defense.

20 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

He's old, unwilling to adjust.

Our current defensive scheme has become the go to scheme to slow down the high powered offenses. I’m sure McDermott has a hand to play with that, but Frazier is the DC, and the Bills have been a top 10 defense every year with Frazier. Not only does his D play well, other teams have adopted concepts from his D.

What is your reason for saying the game is passing him by? 13 seconds? It’s goes without saying having as many injuries as we have had on defense this year is going to cause issues, yet the defense has still looked good even with the injuries. 

As much as I would love to be dominant in all areas, I just want them to keep winning. 

Yes, tackling needs to improve, play calling needs to improve, hell…we all need to improve everything we do too each day! They are finding ways to win and that’s good.

Football and life are tough, and especially tough to get WINS all the time. Let’s give this team and coaches a break. 

I applaud their resilience and ability to GET IT DONE ✅ 

Go Bills!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

It's great to be 11-3 and honestly if it were not for some really bad defensive mistakes this year,  we surely would be 12-2 or 13-1 at this point.

I said this last year and now it is a concern.  I believe that Frazier's and McD's reluctance to go away from the nickel D and zone coverage, and their adaptability is going to hurt us this year in the playoffs.

1) Our D-Line got annihilated last night by Miami.  And it's not the only time this year it's happened too.

2) Milano had a horrible game.  Not being able to contain to the outside on run plays killed us in this game.

3) The poor LB and DB tackling has become a major issue.

3) Lack of talk on the field, safeties and the LB's cost us with opposition putting points on the board again last night on big passing plays.

4) The D has not looked good on too many occasions, like last night, and this has happened numerous times this season.

Teams that have lit us up this year passing against our D, 300+ yards.     Vikes, Browns, Pitt, KC

Teams that have lit us up this year rushing against our D, 100+ yards       Ravens, Packers, Jets, Vikes, Phins

Frazier has lost his edge when it comes to preparing and executing game plans against other teams this year.

This team is so set on this Nickel scheme that I don't believe this year our D will be able to be relied upon in the postseason, especially without Von & Micah.

Plus I see Dorsey as a real handicap this year going into the postseason. 

That even makes the D's performance more important this year, than last year. 

Our D needs to evolve as we go to the playoffs this year.  If not we are screwed.

We are only going to go as far as our D is going to take us this year. 

JA17 is a like having Ace in the hole when playing poker.  But your Ace is not always going to be there for every game.  Especially in the postseason.

I hope I am wrong,  but if we play D as inconsistently as we did last night we are in trouble.

Like I said in another post, the upcoming Cincinnati game is going to be a real test where we stack up this year going into the postseason.

We will see after the Cinci game where we truly are.

You make it seem like the defense sucks in your examples. Context helps:

Browns: only 80 rushing yds against, Chub had 19 yds rushing on 14 carries and we won. Come on, man.

Pitt: only 54 rushing yds and gave up 3 points. Come on, man.

KC: only 68 yds rushing and we held them to 20 points and we won. Come on, man.

Vikes: Can't have them all. They are 11-3 for a reason. 

Ravens: only 134 yds passing allowed and 2 ints. by our defense and we won. Come on, man.

G.B.: only 190 passing yds allowed and an int. and we won. Come on, man.

Jets: Last game was 76 yds. rushing against and we won. Come on, man.

Dolphins: 1st game we gave up only 41 yds rushing and 171 yds passing. Come on, man. 2nd game only 217 yds passing and we won. Come on, man.

To me, Josh Allen reverting back to "Red Zone Interception guy" is more of a potential problem to me. The offense has had it's moments of sucking too. It's a long season and every game is it's own. As shown by your selective stats.

14 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I have been very vocal about my displeasure with Fraizer. I feel like our talent on defense far exceeds our performance. I can’t stand the way Fraizer calls a defense and I hope that he gets a HC job. The constant refusal to come out of nickel regardless of situation is as frustrating as it is dumb. The fact that our LBs can run and cover as a strength is even more of a reason to play a 3rd LB. Of all the teams in the NFL that can cover a guy without a NB, we are at the top. That stubbornness is why we can’t stop the run and that’s why physical teams make us pay. The Bears are going to pound the ball down our throats. This is not the time to mess around. The Bills better put Klein on the field and take our chances with a conventional base defense. We should be able to beat the Bears but if you let them run it on you, they can steal one.

Playing 4-3 allows for more success at....TFLs, stopping the run vs. depending on tackling on the 2nd level against guards and tackles...and depending on T.J. to handle bigger backs with a head of steam, which has hurt us. It also allows a spy on mobile QBs and the ability to disguise rotating LB blitzes. Giving up 200 yds. a game is gonna bite us in the ass, because in the playoffs it's one and done. Klein made the game saving stop in Detroit and like Milano is a good blitzer.

On another note I don't understand not even trying to play press and knocking the timing out of receivers within the five yds. it's allowed. Playing 10 yds. deep in zone

and expecting to cover a Hill or Waddle etc. is mind boggling since press will help the front four and help generate hurried or errant throws. I get the merits of Nickel and zone, but not being able to do both does not make an elite Defense.

All that being said, we need new aggressive blood on D.

1 hour ago, biggerdaddynj said:

Watching these soft Frazier defenses who also can’t tackle makes me miss the 4-3s with Pettine and Schwartz.  Statistically ranked high and I recall most people at TBD liked what they accomplished.

And, like a lot of others at TBD have said well before me, I’d like to see how Edmunds plays in a 4-3, too bad we might have to watch him wreak havoc playing in a more skillset friendly scheme on another team next year with the salary he’ll get.

Lead the league in sacks IIRC.

Tackling is one of the major problems with our defense, but its been a problem for four years now. Its not the scheme, and I don't even think its the coaching. By the time you get to the NFL you are either a sure tackler or you aren't. Yes of course there are things you can have a player work on, technique/angle/level but you don't go from being a poor tackler to a good one once your in the NFL. 

This seasons worst tacklers for us: Hamlin, Dane, Milano, and our entire d-line except for Ed. So really, the only good tacklers are Edmunds, Oliver, Taron and a healthy Poyer (his tackling numbers aren't great but hes had that fugged elbow for 2 months now and its obviously effecting him). 

I think the only solution to the tackling issue is replacing poor tacklers with better ones. We aren't replacing Milano or most people on our d-line, so in a way we are going to have to live with poo tackling by swarming to the football and get more hats to the ball. Thats my only possible suggestion to a solution.

This defense is a top 5 defense in the NFL and McD/Fraziers scheme has had success for 20 years (longer going back to McD learning under Jim Johnson). This isn't a scheme thing. Its an execution thing, and that's mostly on the horses not the jockey. 

34 minutes ago, Dopey said:

You make it seem like the defense sucks in your examples. Context helps:

Browns: only 80 rushing yds against, Chub had 19 yds rushing on 14 carries and we won. Come on, man.

Pitt: only 54 rushing yds and gave up 3 points. Come on, man.

KC: only 68 yds rushing and we held them to 20 points and we won. Come on, man.

Vikes: Can't have them all. They are 11-3 for a reason. 

Ravens: only 134 yds passing allowed and 2 ints. by our defense and we won. Come on, man.

G.B.: only 190 passing yds allowed and an int. and we won. Come on, man.

Jets: Last game was 76 yds. rushing against and we won. Come on, man.

Dolphins: 1st game we gave up only 41 yds rushing and 171 yds passing. Come on, man. 2nd game only 217 yds passing and we won. Come on, man.

To me, Josh Allen reverting back to "Red Zone Interception guy" is more of a potential problem to me. The offense has had it's moments of sucking too. It's a long season and every game is it's own. As shown by your selective stats.

I only stated games and that had bad performances pertaining to either passing and or rushing.  My god they are just stats and they are available for everyone to see if they want.

Get real, this is just supplying some game data stats to the thread.   These were not cumulative game stats.

Edited by Toyo321

3 hours ago, Cray51 said:

The lack of tackling was obvious last night - I do wonder if the cold had anything to do with it.

With that being said, Frazier's defense is strong when executed correctly.  Look at Miami's two big plays yesterday: 

1) Mostert breaks 4-5 tackles to turn a 4 yard gain to 60+

2) Clear miscoverage by the secondary on Waddle's touchdown.  The secondary was talking to one another, so they knew the coverage needed, but simply didnt execute.

Those two plays are 130 yards for the Dolphins.

The team NEEDS to execute better

Don't buy it. There were several other plays against the fins where we tackled poorly. We missed a ton of tackles against the Jets.  Coaches are required to teach their players proper tackling techniques. As far as dropping 7 or 8 into coverage, that's a personal strategy that McF will never relinquish. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Toyo321 said:

I only stated games and that had bad performances pertaining to either passing and or rushing.  My god they are just stats and they are available for everyone to see if they want.

Get real, this is just supplying some game data stats to the thread.   These were not cumulative game stats.

I understand what you did. All I did was provide context. Which was needed to show these stats were very misleading. Prime example: you said we got lit up for over 300 yds passing to the Steelers. We won 38-3 and again, held them to 54 yds rushing. A dominating game by our defense, yet you include it in your example of getting "lit" for over 300 yds passing. Teams will pass a lot when they are getting blown out. Pickett threw 52 passes to get 327 yds AND...1 int, no tds.  That's not lighting us up. Again, context is important when trying to make a point. I could go over the rest, but I think you get my point now.

I'm the first guy w his hand up clamoring about our schematic issues on d.  Namely, we defend mostly the whole pitch most of the time, so we don't tend to take a single thing away from a team.  That means that when we get beat we get beat by the one thing by the opponent, a d we don't tend to make big adjustments.

Also, since we play so deep w so much zone/combo coverage, we are gonna miss more tackles than most teams simply because we have more guys in place to make them.  I'm not saying tackling isn't a concern, but we are simply in a position to attempt more, so we will miss more 

The big issue I have w the d is we just play a bit too honest sometime.  When we shoot the right gaps and dial up packages we tend to smoke teams (hence the great d stats) but we get a bit vanilla at times and when a single mistake (like poyer in that waddle td) is made it looks just awful.

Vs Miami, we got gashed w run fit mistakes but we stopped scores mostly I'm the first half.  In the second half we just stank and let them get up on us, but special teams really stank, not to mention bad O.

So looking at how the game actually happened, it's not like Miami just didn't run but shoulda, but got yards but not points running.

2 hours ago, nosejob said:

Playing 4-3 allows for more success at....TFLs, stopping the run vs. depending on tackling on the 2nd level against guards and tackles...and depending on T.J. to handle bigger backs with a head of steam, which has hurt us. It also allows a spy on mobile QBs and the ability to disguise rotating LB blitzes. Giving up 200 yds. a game is gonna bite us in the ass, because in the playoffs it's one and done. Klein made the game saving stop in Detroit and like Milano is a good blitzer.

On another note I don't understand not even trying to play press and knocking the timing out of receivers within the five yds. it's allowed. Playing 10 yds. deep in zone

and expecting to cover a Hill or Waddle etc. is mind boggling since press will help the front four and help generate hurried or errant throws. I get the merits of Nickel and zone, but not being able to do both does not make an elite Defense.

All that being said, we need new aggressive blood on D.

You want Tre playing press on Hill? 

Bills up 21-19 with 2:35 left in the 3rd qt. Tre plays press on Hill and gets toasted for a TD. Miami now leads 26-21. You should check it out. 

Edited by Dopey

When they have the all right pieces in place, this defense is Top 5 in the NFL easy.  When 1-2 guys are injured, the coaches can usually scheme around the loss and still put together good defensive performances.  When multiple starters are constantly going in-and-out of the lineup, there are going to be break-downs.  Plain and simple.  You can't expect the coaching staff to make massive systematic changes at this point.

• The pride of Sean McDermott/Leslie Frazier has always been the secondary.  It has been uncharacteristically average this season.  One major reason has been the loss of Micah Hyde.  It wasn't until Thanksgiving that Tre White got on the field, and this was probably the first game we saw flashes of the old All-Pro version.  The other corner spot has been mostly handled by rookies.  Even Jordan Poyer missed a couple games.
  • Linebacker play has been absolutely essential to this defense.  Our roughest stretch of the season came when Tremaine Edmunds and Matt Milano were missing time.  At one point we were without both at the same time. 
  • Then you have the D-Line, which operates best with 4 guys getting pressure.  They looked the part early in the season.  Then the injury bug bit that unit.  Greg Rousseau, Ed Oliver and Jordan Phillips have missed significant time.  And of course the ACL tear for Von Miller.  

Unfortunately, I don't think we can count on the defensive side to carry us in the playoffs.  At some point, we are going to get into a shoot-out (or a few).  If the Bills are going to the Super Bowl, this offense needs to be consistently strong and mistake-free.

On 12/18/2022 at 12:46 PM, Toyo321 said:

Not even close to the way they gutted our D running the ball.

image.thumb.png.b90b569b1d38cc8c99b6f26332099af9.png

image.thumb.png.b307ec158fb3f1892186da8beb00a711.png

Looking at this I am amazed that Mostert only had 17 carries.

The Dolphins let us off the hook at the start of the second quarter when they had 2nd and Goal and they ran two consecutive passing plays.

Did McDaniel out-think himself?

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

I'll address the biggest elephant in the room:

No Von Miller.

Why? He will not return this year and everyone knows that. They’ve never had him in the playoffs and don’t now. You can’t lean on what you’ve never had to carry you. They will have to scheme up pressure , no different than any of their previous playoff experiences. 

28 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Why? He will not return this year and everyone knows that. They’ve never had him in the playoffs and don’t now. You can’t lean on what you’ve never had to carry you. They will have to scheme up pressure , no different than any of their previous playoff experiences. 

We understand that. We get it.

However, regardless of schemes, we still need the players to actually do it. We can draw all the schemes and designs all we want. When the players are not good enough to actually do what we want then all those schemes do not matter.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.