Inventory of reasons why the 10-3 Bills suck

Fan in Chicago

The Bills won’t win another game until they fire the entire staff, especially Dorsey. Then, the new coaching staff needs to run the ball with RBs and never let Josh take another hit. They better not pay Edmunds another dime. Same goes for AJ, Boogie and Ed O. They’re all horrible draft picks by a front office that is clueless. Shakir and Elam need to play every snap on both sides of the ball. Kumerow needs to go, but we need Hodgins back from NY. We need to cut every OL player today. Then, the new regime will need to sign only all-pro tackles and guards, but not pay them much money. Well, maybe they can use some of Knox’s money after they release him. Sweeney is worthless, too. Finally, Isaiah must go immediately. Even the fans catch wet balls better than he does. And, Gabe shouldn’t be higher than a #4.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GolfandBills said:

This team definitely has its warts and I’m frustrated about the offense to degree but these close tough wins i think will serve this team well down the stretch.  Can’t boat race every week 

Yeah the Bills won yet another 1 score game yesterday. That makes it 4 wins in this fashion for them this season, right?

McDermott needs to stop winning games like this, it'll tarnish how he's viewed by the media and Bills fans.

Our D is bend dont break. 

Until this team wins a SB they are all trash. 

Actually even then they are will be trash cause JA carries the team. 

I have a right to find something negative at all times cause otherwise I get a participation trophy. 

McD is good at bromances but not Xs and Os. 

Weather doesn't effect the play on the field.  I digress....

Edited by nedboy7

1 hour ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Despite the allure of their record, the Bills clearly suck and their wins are largely a mirage. I created this list of reasons why. Feel free to add your own by responding to this thread:

- Dorsey's play calling is terrible and he is unable to craft a game plan to blow other teams out on a regular basis. The early season Dorsey has been figured out

- Our running game doesn't scare anyone despite the good yards per game. This is largely due to Allen inflating the stats by his LAMP hurdling and 1st down runs. ALl good for TikTok but not something a superbowl-aspiring team needs

- Allen is clearly not right in his head and elbow. That throw to Brown yesterday was just him heaving it in his general direction and had nothing to do with Gardner's great coverage

- Hines was a terrible pick up and is just a glorified returner. Don't let the fact that he is being eased into the offense mid-season confuse you

- Tre White is just collecting a paycheck at this time and using the injury excuse to waddle through the rest of the season

- Tremaine Edmunds .... well.... he is always invisible despite his size

- Miller is out and we only have Rousseau who can be easily neutralized with double teams. DCs wont make the same mistakes as the Jets did yesterday

- This offense is not good enough for the Superbowl and the snarky "Okay" by Allen doesn't alter that absolute, undeniable FACT

I am sure we will have more to add after every win. 

Damn we suck

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Uh oh, better put your flame suit on OP. I don't know if you want that kind of smoke!

I agree, Bills aren't good enough to win a Super Bowl. They could also somehow win a Super Bowl if things go their way. There's really not a standout perfect team in the running. The Bills beat all of the contending AFC teams and the only team that seems to be any good in the NFC is the Eagles. So what I'm saying is the Bills suck and they might also win the Super Bowl!

I don't think you can be 10-3 and suck.

1 hour ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Despite the allure of their record, the Bills clearly suck and their wins are largely a mirage. I created this list of reasons why. Feel free to add your own by responding to this thread:

- Dorsey's play calling is terrible and he is unable to craft a game plan to blow other teams out on a regular basis. The early season Dorsey has been figured out

- Our running game doesn't scare anyone despite the good yards per game. This is largely due to Allen inflating the stats by his LAMP hurdling and 1st down runs. ALl good for TikTok but not something a superbowl-aspiring team needs

- Allen is clearly not right in his head and elbow. That throw to Brown yesterday was just him heaving it in his general direction and had nothing to do with Gardner's great coverage

- Hines was a terrible pick up and is just a glorified returner. Don't let the fact that he is being eased into the offense mid-season confuse you

- Tre White is just collecting a paycheck at this time and using the injury excuse to waddle through the rest of the season

- Miller is out and we only have Rousseau who can be easily neutralized with double teams. DCs wont make the same mistakes as the Jets did yesterday

- This offense is not good enough for the Superbowl and the snarky "Okay" by Allen doesn't alter that absolute, undeniable FACT

Dane Jackson sucks and should be benched.  No, he should be cut!

Isaiah McKenzie drops more balls than he catches.  Stupid coaches can't tell that Khalil Shakir is a better choice

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BufBills83 said:

I mean, they didn't suck, and this Bills team is better than that Steelers team.

They were pretty bad they got absolutely destroyed by the Cleveland Browns in the playoffs for Cleveland's only playoff win of the last almost 30 years so there's that. Vikings are this year's Steelers and yes I know we lost to them

Just now, KDIGGZ said:

They were pretty bad they got absolutely destroyed by the Cleveland Browns in the playoffs for Cleveland's only playoff win of the last almost 30 years so there's that. Vikings are this year's Steelers and yes I know we lost to them

So you are saying we're basically losing in the first round of the playoffs?

2 minutes ago, BufBills83 said:

So you are saying we're basically losing in the first round of the playoffs?

Nope just that it's possible to not be a good 10-3 team which seems hard to believe but it happens. If our offense keeps going like this we will eventually run into a team that can score more than 12 points that's for sure

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

Nope just that it's possible to not be a good 10-3 team which seems hard to believe but it happens. If our offense keeps going like this we will eventually run into a team that can score more than 12 points that's for sure

We went through a worse slump mid-season last year and then we played amazing in the playoffs when it really mattered, I expect that to happen again.

2 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

😄 Good stuff man!  I tell you what, this is truly a great feeling to be sitting at 10-3 with four games left to play, number one in the division AND number one in the conference.  I swear I was just looking at some of these posts, and if you were an outsider and didn't know our record, you'd think we were 6-7, or maybe 8-8 and fighting for our playoff lives.  I know a ton can happen in four short weeks, but I feel like we're definitely trending upwards in several areas, not gonna mention them in particular because I don't want to jinx us, but you know where I'm going.  This truly a grand feeling, and the fact that we have to nitpick about so many things that we think are wrong with this team is actually a testament to how solid we are.  We haven't hit our ceiling by a long shot guys.  I'm too excited about: a)where we are, b)where we've come from and what we've gone through this year to get to this point, and c)where we can take this. 

Enjoy these times fellow Bills fans.  As much as the players have earned where they're at right now, so the eff have we! 

🎉🥳

Edited by smuvtalker
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

LOL.  We've had one arguably bad offensive performance in the past 5 weeks (yesterday) and that came against a great defense in bad weather and we still managed 4 scoring drives (way too many 3 and outs and punts for sure, though).  We racked up over 400 yards against the Vikes and Lions (almost 500 against the Vikes) and over 350 against the Browns and Pats.  The Pats game we could have probably done a bunch more on offense, but we slowed down the pace and ran the ball the majority of the second half and shortened the game.

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, ganesh said:

You couldn't find the Zay Jones,  Cody Ford or Wallace for bashing

We have Davis, Saffold and Elam to bash. Stop living in the past. 

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

Yeah the Bills won yet another 1 score game yesterday. That makes it 4 wins in this fashion for them this season, right?

McDermott needs to stop winning games like this, it'll tarnish how he's viewed by the media and Bills fans.

You jest but wait till the "we cant win close games" crowd is proven right after we beat the Dolphins by 2+ TD. Then lets see you smile. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

“…waddle through the rest of the season.”  You sir, just won the internet for today 🤣.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BufBills83 said:

We went through a worse slump mid-season last year and then we played amazing in the playoffs when it really mattered, I expect that to happen again.

Two years ago we played in the AFC championship game. Last year we took a step back and lost in the divisional round. Not clear to me that is "amazing".  I found it more "disappointing". 

3 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

- Our running game doesn't scare anyone despite the good yards per game. This is largely due to Allen inflating the stats by his LAMP

Just the fact Allen has the ability to run should be enough to make teams tremble in fear so I never understood this saying. Even the screen game gets busted up due to this

Edited by motorj

2 hours ago, Augie said:

While we are on that note, why are we not putting our dome in New Jersey with the other New York teams? What? We’re not good enough to play out of state? 

OK, maybe Detroit counts a little…….

Well, there is plenty of room in that NJ swamp for another domed stadium, why not? 

• Haha (+1) 1

Hey OP: You listed all your negatives, but you HAVE to balance that out with positives. With every negative, there is a positive and vice versa.

I'll do it for you:

- We're 10 wins in with 3 losses. 10 wins is difficult to get for every team in every season.

- We're definitely in the playoffs.

- Josh Allen, Stefon Diggs, and Tre' White are actually playing.

- We're getting our revenge against Miami Dolphins.

- Even though Josh Allen is playing injured, we're grinding it out getting ugly wins in bad weather. That's a great thing.

This reminds me of the super bowl years in the 90s. Once expectations get high, the fans expect a 20 point victory and near perfection every week. I remember people trashing Kelly whenever he threw a couple pick or didn’t complete enough, or when Thurman had a 40 yard game, or Bruce didn’t get a sack for a few games. Now they are all hall of famers. I remind the forum goers just how awful this team has been for decades and we would be talking about the draft 8 weeks into a year, and how we all wished we had a competent (FILL IN HERE- Team, offense, QB, coach, play caller, GM, WR, pass rush, corner, safety, tackling, draft, etc.)

Once we get any form of success, every win that isn’t top to bottom terrific is panned as awful. We don’t deserve to act this jaded yet. We aren’t New England where we have rings. We haven’t won squat.

Let’s enjoy the ride. It’s more fun that way. People around the country would kill to have this team, this QB, and this coach and GM as theirs. So  smile a little bit and enjoy being 10-3. We were friggin 7-6 last year at this time and not playing any better! 

8 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Hey OP: You listed all your negatives, but you HAVE to balance that out with positives. With every negative, there is a positive and vice versa.

The 10 wins are clearly the result of the Bills ending up on the lucky side of "any given Sunday". All those teams had bad days. Let's look at the Chiefs game - how many times does Mahomes' throw 2 INTs? Just this past Sunday, he threw 3 INTs, but not 2.

Texans also have good things happening to them - they are creative with a 2QB system, had TOP advantage against the Cowboys! The main difference between them and the Bills is just dumb luck and the ball bouncing the Bills way too often. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago
  • Haha (+1) 1

The thing is, even if that first post and thread is full of sarcasm, it's based on some reality. What is not based in the real world is the expectations of perfection many home fans for all sports seem to have. Don't look just at game highlights and look other NFL games! No team is perfect, far from it, and boy do I appreciate Josh and the Bills looking at other teams!

*Basking in the encouragement I'm getting from McD clapping my post

Edited by Jerome007

Yep! The Bills are currently sitting in the #1 seed but being old enough to remember the Super Bowl years I cannot help but take a sneak peek over the wall into the NFC, see the Eagles sitting there at 13-1, and not think of the ‘91 Redskins who were playing pretty much lights out that year. I sure as heck hope I’m wrong! 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yep! The Bills are currently sitting in the #1 seed but being old enough to remember the Super Bowl years I cannot help but take a sneak peek over the wall into the NFC, see the Eagles sitting there at 13-1, and not think of the ‘91 Redskins who were playing pretty much lights out that year. I sure as heck hope I’m wrong! 

Totaly agree..The Eagles an Niners are bad match-ups for the Bills..of course with Allen anything could happen but hoping if the Bills make the SB they are not facing either of those two teams..I don't care about beating the best-just a win before I take my dirt bath

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.