NY Jets at Buffalo Bills, Sunday Dec 11 at 1 pm

Beck Water

2 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

They have more weapons on offense??? No, they definitely don’t. Wilson looks like a good one, but who else are you picking on offense over what the Bills have? Mike White has been a back up all season. In fact he even started the season as the back up to the back up! Not really sure why you’re worried about him.

i never once mentioned their defense, they have a great defense. I think it’s going to be a tough game, but I don’t think the Bills offense will make the same mistakes they did the first game and I think a much more healthy Bills defense (which is also really good btw) holds that offense in check 

More weapons than LAST year w white. This is my problem. Everyone posting recently is slanted on bills are definitely better. 

I’ll repeat. The take that Mike white is trash because he threw 4 ints against Bills LAST year is false equivalency. 

again this years jets d is better than last years D. Plays into not getting down in score last year. More possessions / more turnovers / opportunities for Mike white. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

They have more weapons on offense??? No, they definitely don’t. Wilson looks like a good one, but who else are you picking on offense over what the Bills have? Mike White has been a back up all season. In fact he even started the season as the back up to the back up! Not really sure why you’re worried about him.

i never once mentioned their defense, they have a great defense. I think it’s going to be a tough game, but I don’t think the Bills offense will make the same mistakes they did the first game and I think a much more healthy Bills defense (which is also really good btw) holds that offense in check 

i think you’re confused.  The jets are loaded with playmakers.  They just haven’t had a qb that can utilize them properly. 

Diggs is better than every wr on the jets-  every other WR on the jets might be better than Gabe.

WR-  davis, moore, berrios and Mims.  The only reason davis is a more popular commodity is because he plays with Josh.  

TE-  We have a higher paid TE, but uzomah, Conklin and Reichert is a very solid TE unit.

RB-  I’ll take ours with Breece out.   But I’ll take the Jets with a healthy Hall.  

The jets playmakers are absolutely on the Bills level, if not better.  Diggs is the outlier…..but Wilson looks like he’s going to ascend to elite status for the next 10 years plus.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, balln said:

Jets are fully healthy. I think Davis wr didn’t play first game . He’s going to body up and make plays. Mike white is sooooo much better of a qb than Zach Wilson. And we made Zach look the best he ever looked. 

don’t get this line buf -10. To me it’s a 3 point game either way 

Bills are the better team, at home and coming off a mini bye. That’s why they’re 10 point favorites. The oddsmakers know what they’re doing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The Jets are simply an average NFL team, they will probably be the last team in the playoffs and lose the first game. 
Its time for the Bills to flex, they've won the last 3 games on the road within a very short time span.  They've had time to get things together for this week and I expect them to unload against the Jets.  Regardless of how good the Jets defense may be, the biggest obstacle the Bills face in every game is their own mistakes and turnovers.  I expect the Bills to win this one going away something like 34-17 and the Jets are going to be back to "What happened? I thought we were good"...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

i think you’re confused.  The jets are loaded with playmakers.  They just haven’t had a qb that can utilize them properly. 

Diggs is better than every wr on the jets-  every other WR on the jets might be better than Gabe.

WR-  davis, moore, berrios and Mims.  The only reason davis is a more popular commodity is because he plays with Josh.  

TE-  We have a higher paid TE, but uzomah, Conklin and Reichert is a very solid TE unit.

RB-  I’ll take ours with Breece out.   But I’ll take the Jets with a healthy Hall.  

The jets playmakers are absolutely on the Bills level, if not better.  Diggs is the outlier…..but Wilson looks like he’s going to ascend to elite status for the next 10 years plus.  

There is no planet where Moore, Berrios or Mims are better than Gabe Davis 🙄

Mims is a total bust as the 59th pick in 2020.

26 games with 38 receptions, 628 yards and 0 TDs.

Berrios MIGHT be a better version of Isaiah McKenzie... although he's been one of their most targeted players in New York since arriving. McKenzie has been a gadget player... 

Berrios

60 games with 104 receptions, 1,022 yards and 5 TDs

Also run for 160 and 4 TDs.

McKenzie

64 games with 130 receptions, 1,252 yards and 11 TDs

Also run for 213 and 4 TDs.

You can argue the jury is still out on Moore... but he hasn't done anything to prove he's better than Gabe. 

Corey Davis might even be a stretch... he's lacked the consistency of Gabe Davis throughout his career... that's really saying something considering people here want to strangle Davis for his inconsistency whether it be performance or health. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Per the bold, and he’s made a multitude of huge plays since he got here. Big time plays. Sure, he benefits greatly from playing with Josh and who wouldn't, but Davis has made plays that stand out and setting a record in the playoffs on the road doesn’t hurt his credibility, either. 

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You're missing the Jets best WR- Wilson. 

52 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I fully understand my Bills homerism is showing but I’m going to disagree with almost everything you said. Davis and Mims (especially Mims) are known because of where they were drafted. I liked both guys coming out of college but they have both wildly underperformed. Davis can’t ever stay on the field and the Jets have been trying to get rid of Mims for years. Moore has been inconsistent and I don’t know what Berrios has shown that would make me pick him over what the Bills have. 

Both tight end groups are underwhelming, but give me Knox any day of the week over any of those guys. 

They have guys that can make plays, but their group of playmakers is definitely below our playmakers. Yes it helps that our QB is a world above theirs and perhaps if we switched groups I would make an argument for them, but QB play has to come into play when you talk about playmakers l. The Bills did have playmakers during the drought years, but QB play held them back.

if the Jets win tomorrow it will be because of their defense, not their offense  

How tf has the spread stayed at Bills -9.5 to bills -10 all week??  Everywhere I look people are taking Jets +9.5/10 (even though the vast majority still have Bills winning) but if most of the money is coming in on the Jets, doesn’t that usually influence the spread?  

this has been the most mind boggling Bills spread of the year for me. Jets have a stingy defense that has kept almost all of their games close I believe, also proved to be the TOUGHEST defense Allen has had to deal with so far, their offense has improved with Mike White and they’re also healthy. 

So, I keep looking at this thinking I am missing something…. Shrug…. All I can say is I hope they’re right!!!  

6 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

How tf has the spread stayed at Bills -9.5 to bills -10 all week??  Everywhere I look people are taking Jets +9.5/10 (even though the vast majority still have Bills winning) but if most of the money is coming in on the Jets, doesn’t that usually influence the spread?  

this has been the most mind boggling Bills spread of the year for me. Jets have a stingy defense that has kept almost all of their games close I believe, also proved to be the TOUGHEST defense Allen has had to deal with so far, their offense has improved with Mike White and they’re also healthy. 

So, I keep looking at this thinking I am missing something…. Shrug…. All I can say is I hope they’re right!!!  

This says even money is being bet this week. Most pundits I'm hearing are taking the Bills and giving the points (maybe 70/30). For me, it comes down to believing whether or not Josh will make the same mistakes he did in the first game. Knowing Josh, I don't see that happening.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

This says even money is being bet this week. Most pundits I'm hearing are taking the Bills and giving the points (maybe 70/30). For me, it comes down to believing whether or not Josh will make the same mistakes he did in the first game. Knowing Josh, I don't see that happening.

It’s interesting because in previous weeks the spread would start high in our favor and then little by little trend down until kickoff, but not this week.

I am thinking the way we beat the Pats was convincing and it was the type of win people had been waiting for and expecting since we started the season.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

I am thinking the way we beat the Pats was convincing and it was the type of win people had been waiting for and expecting since we started the season.

I would say the Bills were winning pretty convincingly through the Chiefs game, then they hit a bit of a lull due to injuries and some sloppy play.

The Pats game showed me they are getting back on track, and the fact that everything fell the Bills way last Sunday, getting them back to the number one seed....I believe they are poised to take this golden opportunity and run with it. Its time for a statement win this Sunday!!

Go Bills!!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

There is no planet where Moore, Berrios or Mims are better than Gabe Davis 🙄

Mims is a total bust as the 59th pick in 2020.

26 games with 38 receptions, 628 yards and 0 TDs.

Berrios MIGHT be a better version of Isaiah McKenzie... although he's been one of their most targeted players in New York since arriving. McKenzie has been a gadget player... 

Berrios

60 games with 104 receptions, 1,022 yards and 5 TDs

Also run for 160 and 4 TDs.

McKenzie

64 games with 130 receptions, 1,252 yards and 11 TDs

Also run for 213 and 4 TDs.

You can argue the jury is still out on Moore... but he hasn't done anything to prove he's better than Gabe. 

Corey Davis might even be a stretch... he's lacked the consistency of Gabe Davis throughout his career... that's really saying something considering people here want to strangle Davis for his inconsistency whether it be performance or health. 

Based on what they’ve done with the QBs they were gifted with, you’re right, there is no world where berrios and Mims are as good as gabe. I said “every WR on the jets MIGHT be as good as gabe”.  I didn’t say they were as good or better.  With an actual QB…..they’ll have an opportunity.  

Bijan Robinson isn’t as good as Latavious Murray based on what he’s done in the NFL.  But we know he’s much better…he just hasn’t proved it yet. 

a Wr can only be as good as his QB and offense allows him.  Ask Diggs, who wasn’t a superstar until he was paired with Josh.  

MVS is one of the worst WRs I’ve ever seen.  Yet one of the best GMs gave him 10M a year because he played with Aaron Rodgers.

My point was….the jets have good to great playmakers.  

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Per the bold, and he’s made a multitude of huge plays since he got here. Big time plays. Sure, he benefits greatly from playing with Josh and who wouldn't, but Davis has made plays that stand out and setting a record in the playoffs on the road doesn’t hurt his credibility, either. 

Right…..because of Josh…..and Diggs being bracketed all game.  

58 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

You're missing the Jets best WR- Wilson. 

I left him out because Diggs cancels him in my interpretation 

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

Smart money is all on buffalo -10 it looks like.

majority of bets are on the jets +10 but a majority of the money is on buffalo -10.

I think the sharps pay a lot more attention than your average bettor and realize how badly they victimized our depth linebackers last game with Milano out. Plus we have extra time to prepare, were at home, and we destroyed mike white last meeting.

People keep bringing up the jets defense but it’s really more about their offense imo.  With poyer, tre, Milano, and edmunds playing how many points do you expect them to score realistically? Even with a great performance from the jets defense we are likely gonna score in the 20-25 point range still. 

im expecting a 24-13 type game 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

Jets fans should slowly ease themselves into a fetal position and get prepared to finish up the year at 1-4 and that is only if JETS manage to claw by the Jags.

Think ‘Huge Moral Victory’ if you manage to almost cover the Bills game spread.

No Playoffs, just a series of spankings.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

I wish Davis was more of a role player. There are some bits he's good at, I know they like him as a blocker and he's a good deep threat. But he certainly doesn't attack all three levels of the field, he gives nothing in RAC, he's not a chain-mover, inconsistent in the intermediate range. He's a fine piece but I don't know why they've neglected the WR position early in the draft the last 2-3 years. The slot being hot and cold also, it sure feels like the unit is missing a certain something.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

Bam Knight has some juice and helps fuel their outside runs. 

The Bills struggled with containing the outside runs against GB, and then the Jets right after and those teams have coaching connections.

I say contain, but also a lot of bad angles, missed tackles, or broken arm tackles by players at the second level coming up to fill.

The Bills have been more disciplined with their fundamentals, BUT don't expect the Jets to give up on the run unless we run away with the score. They were not getting much traction at all against the Vikes, but stuck with it late in the game and finally broke a long one. Expect the same.

How tightly the refs call hold on those outside reach blocks will be a factor too. Our ends may need to plead their case early and throw in some theatrics.

Garrett Wilson is good and the Bills are still looking for that lock down corner they have not had this season.

The Jets LBs and Safeties can be exploited in the short middle of the field, but that is an area that Allen rarely focuses on since the departure of Beasley, Crowder on IR, and no legit slot WR emerging.

They would be ripe for dump offs, but Allen hates doing that. If he can dump a few to Cook he could have some big gainers.

Overall, if Allen takes care of the ball and the Bills stay committed to the run to check the rush, I think we win.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Had anyone ever heard that NY fans were the best fans?  I Literally have never heard that spoken or written. 

Depends on what they are said to be the best at.

If it's acting like they are better than everyone else then yes, they are the best fans at that.

3 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Bam Knight has some juice and helps fuel their outside runs. 

The Bills struggled with containing the outside runs against GB, and then the Jets right after and those teams have coaching connections.

I say contain, but also a lot of bad angles, missed tackles, or broken arm tackles by players at the second level coming up to fill.

The Bills have been more disciplined with their fundamentals, BUT don't expect the Jets to give up on the run unless we run away with the score. They were not getting much traction at all against the Vikes, but stuck with it late in the game and finally broke a long one. Expect the same.

How tightly the refs call hold on those outside reach blocks will be a factor too. Our ends may need to plead their case early and throw in some theatrics.

Garrett Wilson is good and the Bills are still looking for that lock down corner they have not had this season.

The Jets LBs and Safeties can be exploited in the short middle of the field, but that is an area that Allen rarely focuses on since the departure of Beasley, Crowder on IR, and no legit slot WR emerging.

They would be ripe for dump offs, but Allen hates doing that. If he can dump a few to Cook he could have some big gainers.

Overall, if Allen takes care of the ball and the Bills stay committed to the run to check the rush, I think we win.

No Jaquan Johnson on those outside runs tomorrow...he killed us on at least 2, allowing Carter to get 20+ yard gains with terrible angles.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, The Wiz said:

Depends on what they are said to be the best at.

If it's acting like they are better than everyone else then yes, they are the best fans at that.

Ha. Very true. If being toolbars and wanting to fight you in front of your child for wearing a Bills hat counts then yeah. I see where your going with this. I agree. It depends for sure. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, BobBelcher said:

Mike White threw 4 interceptions in his last game against the Bills, after coming off a monster game at Cincy and a good quarter in his next game before going out with an injury.

There was hype and then Mike White got punted into outer space.

I'm not saying that will happen again, but something to consider when talking about the spread in this game

57 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Had anyone ever heard that NY fans were the best fans?  I Literally have never heard that spoken or written. 

I’m a die hard Bills fan that has lived in the Hudson Valley my whole life. Certainly within geographical range of the “NY sports fan” There are many levels to this but NY sports fans are absolutely excellent and yes, many people around the county acknowledge that. It definitely depends on which teams we are speaking of but NY is the sports media capital of the world. Guys who coach and play here feel a ton of pressure because the fans care so much. Sports radio was basically born here.

The knicks sell out that building every night and have been a disgrace for 25 years. The yankee fans might be #######s but they understand the game and are incredibly passionate. I’m a big rangers fan and that fan base is incredibly loyal. Hockey is the 4th sport but The Ranger fan base is legitimate. Living here my whole life has made me hate the Jets and Giants but those are solid fan bases. Obviously nothing like us, but I’ll put my hatred for them aside to give them their due. I’m not saying the people that tend to represent the NY sport fan always acts in the most respectful manner, but it’s nowhere near as bad as some places. And this is an area that is very knowledgeable and passionate about professional sports.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

Are you sure?? Diggs was an absolute stud until Minnesota offense philosophy changed, hence he wanted out.

I didn’t say he wasn’t a stud.  I said he wasn’t regarded as a superstar.  He wasn’t on anyone top 5.  He wasn’t all pro.  He didn’t even make ONE pro bowl prior to Josh Allen.  And that was with a good QB in Kirk Cousins.  This conversation is discussing the jets QBs for the last couple years. Bums

look at any websites stating their top 5 WRs after the 2017, 2018 or 2019 seasons.  You won’t find him anywhere.  Now……he’s on everyone’s top 5 list. 

you’re proving my point for me btw. Diggs was always a stud….but he wasn’t a super star until he had the qb and the offense that allowed it to come to fruition. 

Edited by NewEra
  • Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I didn’t say he wasn’t a stud.  I said he wasn’t regarded as a superstar.  He wasn’t on anyone top 5.  He wasn’t all pro.  He didn’t even make ONE pro bowl prior to Josh Allen.  And that was with a good QB in Kirk Cousins.  This conversation is discussing the jets QBs for the last couple years. Bums

look at any websites stating their top 5 WRs after the 2017, 2018 or 2019 seasons.  You won’t find him anywhere.  Now……he’s on everyone’s top 5 list. 

you’re proving my point for me btw. Diggs was always a stud….but he wasn’t a super star until he had the qb and the offense that allowed it to come to fruition. 

Cherry picking but ok. I see what you are saying. He wasn’t an unknown by any means, which is why there was tons of excitement about the trade of a wr with super star potential I guess. 

Just now, WyoAZBillfan said:

Cherry picking but ok. I see what you are saying. He wasn’t an unknown by any means, which is why there was tons of excitement about the trade of a wr with super star potential I guess. 

I didn’t say he was an unknown…… 

i don’t think it’s cherry picking, rather you are putting words in my mouth. I stand by my original.  Diggs wasn’t a superstar until he got Josh.  He had it in him.  He was an elite player…..but his QB and offense didn’t allow him to accumulate the stats that comes along with being a superstar.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m a die hard Bills fan that has lived in the Hudson Valley my whole life. Certainly within geographical range of the “NY sports fan” There are many levels to this but NY sports fans are absolutely excellent and yes, many people around the county acknowledge that. It definitely depends on which teams we are speaking of but NY is the sports media capital of the world. Guys who coach and play here feel a ton of pressure because the fans care so much. Sports radio was basically born here.

The knicks sell out that building every night and have been a disgrace for 25 years. The yankee fans might be #######s but they understand the game and are incredibly passionate. I’m a big rangers fan and that fan base is incredibly loyal. Hockey is the 4th sport but The Ranger fan base is legitimate. Living here my whole life has made me hate the Jets and Giants but those are solid fan bases. Obviously nothing like us, but I’ll put my hatred for them aside to give them their due. I’m not saying the people that tend to represent the NY sport fan always acts in the most respectful manner, but it’s nowhere near as bad as some places. And this is an area that is very knowledgeable and passionate about professional sports.

Its amazing what a good hockey area that is. Like you said rangers fans are rabid, Isles draw well and same with the Devils in Newark

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I didn’t say he was an unknown…… 

i don’t think it’s cherry picking, rather you are putting words in my mouth. I stand by my original.  Diggs wasn’t a superstar until he got Josh.  He had it in him.  He was an elite player…..but his QB and offense didn’t allow him to accumulate the stats that comes along with being a superstar.  

Yet a team gave up a first round pick + for his rights. That kind of screams super star. Anyways, I see what your saying, he didn’t have the media accolades with a title. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Based on what they’ve done with the QBs they were gifted with, you’re right, there is no world where berrios and Mims are as good as gabe. I said “every WR on the jets MIGHT be as good as gabe”.  I didn’t say they were as good or better.  With an actual QB…..they’ll have an opportunity.  

Bijan Robinson isn’t as good as Latavious Murray based on what he’s done in the NFL.  But we know he’s much better…he just hasn’t proved it yet. 

a Wr can only be as good as his QB and offense allows him.  Ask Diggs, who wasn’t a superstar until he was paired with Josh.  

MVS is one of the worst WRs I’ve ever seen.  Yet one of the best GMs gave him 10M a year because he played with Aaron Rodgers.

My point was….the jets have good to great playmakers.  

Right…..because of Josh…..and Diggs being bracketed all game.  

I left him out because Diggs cancels him in my interpretation 

Of course its because of Josh and I never came close to implying otherwise. Davis has struggled at times, no doubt. But he’s made some plays since coming here. It’s very convenient to suggest anyone else would have made those plays, especially all those amazing toe drags for big plays,  because we will never know.

3 hours ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

I wish Davis was more of a role player. There are some bits he's good at, I know they like him as a blocker and he's a good deep threat. But he certainly doesn't attack all three levels of the field, he gives nothing in RAC, he's not a chain-mover, inconsistent in the intermediate range. He's a fine piece but I don't know why they've neglected the WR position early in the draft the last 2-3 years. The slot being hot and cold also, it sure feels like the unit is missing a certain something.

I agree. He is more of a role player as we’ve seen when other WRs have started opposite Diggs.

16 minutes ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

Yet a team gave up a first round pick + for his rights. That kind of screams super star. Anyways, I see what your saying, he didn’t have the media accolades with a title. 

I hear ya bro…..but he didn’t even have 1 pro bowl…..meanwhile his lesser teammate made 2 (starting 1).   Kenny Golladay made it over him.  Pro bowls aren’t very hard to make with so many players electing not to play. Him not getting voted to one, while guys like golladay get named….he just wasn’t recognized as a super star in Minnesota.  He just wasn’t…..regardless of how good he actually was. 

28 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Of course its because of Josh and I never came close to implying otherwise. Davis has struggled at times, no doubt. But he’s made some plays since coming here. It’s very convenient to suggest anyone else would have made those plays, especially all those amazing toe drags for big plays,  because we will never know.

I agree. He is more of a role player as we’ve seen when other WRs have started opposite Diggs.

Except I never insinuated that even once…..  I just said they they may be as good if not better than gabe.  That doesn’t mean I think Mims or Berrios would’ve made those catches.  I don’t think Berrios would have.  Mims has the skill set for it, we saw it in college, but for w/e reason, he hasn’t had many opportunities in the nfl.  Probably because he wasn’t polished enough in his first and 2nd years.  Now, he’s stuck behind a very good WR unit.   

i love Gabe.  I think he’s a good WR, but, based on his play this season, I don’t think he’s worthy of the 2nd contract he’s going to command (mostly thanks to 17).  Like many have said, I don’t think he’s a good #2 WR.  He’s decent, but replaceable and not worth close to 10M+ a year based on this seasons performance. This years performance = 4-6M a year imo.  

Edited by NewEra

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.