🚨Trade🚨Roquan Smith To Ravens for 2nd,5th AND Aj Klein

Steel City Mafia

• Steel City Mafia changed the title to 🚨Trade🚨Roquan Smith To Ravens for 2nd,5th AND Aj Klein
18 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Pretty sure they play a 3-4, so playing ILB beside Roquan? 

1 more time. I missed what you meant.

• Haha (+1) 6

32 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Roquan is the reason Edmunds fell a bit to us in the draft and he's lived up to the pick. Best MLB in the NFL. Ravens just got better. Edmunds is taller and younger is what they have been telling us for years. So when does he start hitting people?

Edmunds didn't fall to us, we traded up to get him. Are you basing the bolded on yesterday's game? Cuz he and Milano have been lights out all season. Such a bull 💩 statement.

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Pretty sure they play 4-3, so playing OLB beside himself?

OK, I really missed what he meant then. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Think Roquan might fare better in Baltimore than he did in Chicago, but he hasn't been anything special the last couple years in Chicago. I've been relatively down on Edmunds for most of his career too, but he's been better than Roquan this year. Really nice deal for Chicago, especially considering they were probably going to let him walk in the offseason.

• Agree 1

The pure panic everytime someone else makes a move. Doesn't change the fact that the Ravens play a JV offense in the NFL, have a QB limited as a passer, and a choke artist of a team that blows 4th quarter leads but i'm sure a MLB in 2022 will change that about them. A 2nd and 5th is a lot for 8 games of player unless they plan on franchise tagging him.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Think Roquan might fare better in Baltimore than he did in Chicago, but he hasn't been anything special the last couple years in Chicago. I've been relatively down on Edmunds for most of his career too, but he's been better than Roquan this year. Really nice deal for Chicago, especially considering they were probably going to let him walk in the offseason.

Based on reports earlier this year it has been my understanding that Smith has been disappointing in Chicago. 

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

Completely false. He’s one of the best inside lbs in the nfl. He was 2nd team all pro last year  He is a very good player and it is a great pickup for the ravens. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

Killer trade! Roquan is easily one of the most talented LBs in the league. Ravens have some smart dudes in their FO

Depends. That is a lot to give up if it ends up being a rental for 10 games and a playoff loss.  

Give the Bears a 7th for Klein.  He is better than any back-up LB on the current roster.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Exactly so why not give a 7th for Klein?

Might have saw 3 LBers in the game, to counter the run, last night if they had him.

Three of the last 4 7th round picks are on the team…

Dane Jackson alone makes it worthwhile to take a shot in the 7th 

Edited by Aussie Joe

45 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Completely false. He’s one of the best inside lbs in the nfl. He was 2nd team all pro last year  He is a very good player and it is a great pickup for the ravens. 

Yeah, I don’t really think it was deserved. Much like Devin White (and previously our boy Edmunds), his reputation has far outweighed his actual play IMO.

Having said that, LB was a major need for Baltimore and he’s skilled enough to be a major upgrade for them. As the secondary gets healthier, maybe their defense will start to transform into what people expected them to be this year. 

Edited by DCOrange

5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Three of the last 4 7th round picks are on the team…

Dane Jackson alone makes it worthwhile to take a shot in the 7th 

Anderson and Spector do not though. Yes you may get lucky every once in a blue moon and find a Dane Jackson, but those odds are greatly stacked against you on the 7th. Let alone it will be very late in the 7th.

4 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Anderson and Spector do not though. Yes you may get lucky every once in a blue moon and find a Dane Jackson, but those odds are greatly stacked against you on the 7th. Let alone it will be very late in the 7th.

I don’t agree with you in respect of Klein … I would rather them keep the pick as stated originally,,,

I’m entitled to my opinion … it’s a myth to imply the pick has no value as said elsewhere 

Edited by Aussie Joe

9 minutes ago, Floydboy12 said:

Don’t really understand this from the Ravens perspective. This doesn’t make them better than the Bills, Chiefs or maybe Bengals.  However it’s not that high a price to pay if they do plan on signing him to an extension. He has a lot of years left. 

I think they’re probably right to try to go for it before they’re paying Lamar big money. NFC is obviously extremely wide open and Baltimore likely thinks they’re the #3 team in the AFC right now and one or two lucky breaks away from being #1. Doubt it results in a Super Bowl but they might never have a better chance in the near future than this year. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.