NFL Week 8: Around the NFL - Post about Sunday games not including the Bills - open at 8:36 AM

BuffaloBill

21 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I swear Lawrence is going backwards from where he started last year.

He's on the Baker Mayfield track.  Getting national endorsements before he's accomplished anything, and will eventually back up baker at Carolina...

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, balln said:

stop the worst trade ever was jamaal adams to seahawks

There was that Laremy Tunsil trade by master strategist Bill O'Brien:

O'Brien gave up a 2020 first-round pick (which ended up being 26th overall), a 2021 first-round pick, a 2021 second-round pick, safety Johnson Bademosi and offensive tackle Julie'n Daveport in exchange for Tunsil, wide receiver Kenny Stills, a 2020 fourth-round pick and a 2021 sixth-round pick. 

More problematic than the exorbitant trade compensation was O'Brien neglecting to sign Tunsil to a new deal when acquiring him. The Texans might as well as have given Tunsil a blank contract and let him fill out it in when trying to extend him, given the leverage handed to the tackle through the lack of a new contract and the trade compensation, which was essentially two first-round picks and a second-round pick.

Tunsil made O'Brien pay dearly for his mistake by exploiting his tremendous contract leverage although he was acting as his own agent. He significantly raised the salary bar for offensive linemen, becoming the highest-paid offensive lineman in NFL history at $22 million per year on a three-year extension. His deal averages 22.2 percent more than the four-year extension Lane Johnson signed with the Eagles during the middle of last season for $18 million per year. Tunsil has an offensive lineman record of $40 million fully guaranteed at signing. His $50 million in overall guarantees are tied for second among offensive linemen with Titans left tackle Taylor Lewan.

20 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

This isn’t specifically at you (just using your quote) but what have the Chargers shown over the last couple of years that shows they aren’t just a bad to middle of the pack team? Herbert gets a lot of yards, but so did Stafford for all those years. As I’m writing this i think there are a lot of comparisons between the Chargers and how the Lions have been for years-lots of talent but they aren’t very good. I honestly think the Chargers might be the most overrated team in football. 

Agree about the Chargers AND their QB.

Didn't Justin Herbert get more votes for the Pro Bowl last year than Josh Allen?

Just now, RiotAct said:

“Those who cannot remember the past are doomed to repeat it.” - Winston Churchill

Do you honestly believe the Bills organization spends any time at all reminding themselves about the loss to the Jags? That is a fan thing...

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

I think they'll gift the Chiefs two victories whether they win here or not.

Yeah but it’s been openly talked about that if they go to 2-6 today, guys like Jeudy, Chubb, etc could be moved.  Still could happen but less likely if they keep hope alive.

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

Do you honestly believe the Bills organization spends any time at all reminding themselves about the loss to the Jags? That is a fan thing...

The way people here talk you’d think everyone at OBD can’t get over the Jags loss or 13 seconds. 

• Agree 1

I like how Saquon Barkley is specifically saying "New Jersey" when talking about making the fans proud. He said it at least twice in his interview with Strahan.

I don't listen to a lot of interviews with Giants and Jets players, but that's the first time I've heard a guy say "New Jersey" in reference to the team/fanbase.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.