Bill #1 in Offensive AND Defensive DVOA, 1st in total D and 2nd in total Offense at bye week

YoloinOhio

18 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

Impressive. If the Broncos have a good defensive game versus the Chargers, they deserve a #1 ranking. (I don't think that happens . . .)

They know that's their only chance to win because the offense isn't going to help them.

All these stats and ranking are nice, but the most important thing the Bills have learned through the first 6 games is how to win close games.  Stats are meaningless in the post-season.  Learning how to win close games is everything.  Ravens and Chiefs wins following the Dolphins loss showed this team is built to win it all, mentally.  We already knew they had the physical talent. 

It remains hard to believe that this team lost to the fins.  The fact that they were essentially down to playing the water boy/girl aside, they really have only themselves to look at as that game was there for the taking.  Hard to believe that is the one blemish.

I’m done - What a great team.

1 minute ago, Bills2022 said:

All these stats and ranking are nice, but the most important thing the Bills have learned through the first 6 games is how to win close games.  Stats are meaningless in the post-season.  Learning how to win close games is everything.  Ravens and Chiefs wins following the Dolphins loss showed this team is built to win it all, mentally.  We already knew they had the physical talent. 

Von Miller has everyone saying "Don't Blink" during key moments now...and in interviews after the game...what he has done to this teams mindset and mentality in these type of games cannot be overstated. It may have been the last puzzle piece to a team that could be unstoppable.

• Agree 2

Just now, BuffaloBill said:

It remains hard to believe that this team lost to the fins.  The fact that they were essentially down to playing the water boy/girl aside, they really have only themselves to look at as that game was there for the taking.  Hard to believe that is the one blemish.

I’m done - What a great team.

They outgained them by almost 300 yards and probably left 24-30 points on the field that day they would usually score. Even if they got half of them it would have been an easy win.

Just one of those games...but to do what they did missing 12 starters at one point was kinda even more impressive in a loss

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Von Miller has everyone saying "Don't Blink" during key moments now...and in interviews after the game...what he has done to this teams mindset and mentality in these type of games cannot be overstated. It may have been the last puzzle piece to a team that could be unstoppable.

Literally EVERYONE, including the Head Coach

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Besides winning a Super Bowl, what else would you want? 

Can we get to the Super Bowl first?  Sorry, but the choke job in the KC game is going to stick with me until they beat KC and everyone else in the playoffs.  We have the best roster in the NFL, by a ton. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3
  • Dislike 1

14 hours ago, Big Turk said:

The majority of metrics say we are an all-time great team, or at least have the chance to be one if they continue at this pace.

I guess we'll see.  Perhaps the stats say that, but my eye test says the Bills recently played three games that could've gone either way against Mia, Bal, and KC, and thankfully we came away 2-1.  I'm not knocking those wins, and in fact, I love that our team is getting close-game experience and coming through with Ws finally; that experience will help during a playoff run.  But I just don't see some GOAT / ATG-contending team yet.

Maybe the bye and getting Tre White back and overall getting reasonably healthy will launch us into a new stratosphere.  I would love to root for a GOAT / ATG team, but I'll have to see it to believe it.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, harryS said:

I guess we'll see.  Perhaps the stats say that, but my eye test says the Bills recently played three games that could've gone either way against Mia, Bal, and KC, and thankfully we came away 2-1.  I'm not knocking those wins, and in fact, I love that our team is getting close-game experience and coming through with Ws finally; that experience will help during a playoff run.  But I just don't see some GOAT / ATG-contending team yet.

Maybe the bye and getting Tre White back and overall getting reasonably healthy will launch us into a new stratosphere.  I would love to root for a GOAT / ATG team, but I'll have to see it to believe it.

Why were the games close? That's what you should be looking at.

They were close because the Bills didn't execute down in the Red Zone multiple times during the Dolphin and Chief games and nobody could catch the ball in the first half of the Raven game. Once they got rolling in that game they were pretty much unstoppable scoring on 4 of their last 5 possessions.

Bills are averaging 441 yards a game on offense, 30 more yards than the next closest team, the Lions who just got exposed by the Pats. Literally nobody is stopping them other than themselves.

The Bills have punted 7 times in 6 games with starters in the game. That's absurd.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, eball said:

Guys, let's face it.  We are only one blown 45-yard coverage with our backup safeties away from being 6-0.

They're good.  Damn good.  Probably great, and perhaps historic.

Net Yards per Drive differential still the highest ever since it started being tracked in 1993.  Currently at 18.11, down slightly from 18.84 prior to Chiefs game.  Still well ahead of the 15.2 record set by the 2007 Patriots.

Top teams in the league are typically in the 8-9 range regularly.  Bills finished #1 in the NFL last year at 9.20, TB was 2nd at 5.80.  Bills are basically twice as good in this metric as they were last year which is absurd and amazing at the same time.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, eball said:

Guys, let's face it.  We are only one blown 45-yard coverage with our backup safeties away from being 6-0.

They're good.  Damn good.  Probably great, and perhaps historic.

We are one JA17 skipped pass to McKenzie in the endzone from being 6-0..  That was the play..

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, HappyDays said:

More impressive than this is their Net Yards Per Drive which stands at 18.11 and is almost double last year's league leading 9.2(TB was second at 5.8 for reference).  That is absolutely ridiculous.  They are basically doubly as good in this stat as they were last year.  For reference, the best team ever since it has started being kept in 1993 were the 2007 Patriots at 15.2.  We are well above them right now.

Edited by Big Turk

5 minutes ago, wjag said:

We are one JA17 skipped pass to McKenzie in the endzone from being 6-0..  That was the play..

There are so many plays the Bills squandered during that game.  Davis not holding onto a TD thrown right in his hands in the endzone was another missed opportunity.  Bills left 24-30 points on the field that game easily.

9 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

He was the guy who tagged Alen as a parody of an NFL QB prospect.

He later told Schopp & Bulldog that Allen is who he is, a 33rd ranked QB.

Then the next season he hoped that Allen would turn out to be a pumpkin.

I don't think he comes on WGR anymore...

I heard him on a few weeks ago actually.

Bills number 1 in offensive and defensive DVOA, just beat the big kid on the block in their house (not to mention already having beaten the defending Super Bowl champs on the road), lead the league in point differential by far, and have the best QB in the league...

Talking heads, probably: "I don't know. I just don't believe in the Bills yet."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.