Lil' Dummy McKenzie.........offical team character builder

BADOLBILZ

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

oh please, there is a difference between a 2 year guy learning the position at the NFL level and now a 5+ year vet that never broke 300 yards in a season.

your statement is crazy. Last year Knox had a 500 yard year. after 5 years in the league you should not be a "work in progress" ... come on man... not with the younger depth behind him.

Good thing you're not our GM.  in my opinion after KC game, McKenzie lost his #3 WR position.

Sure, whatever you think. Sometimes guys come along at different rates than others. Guys have been known to be in the league for years before developing into special players. Sometimes it's opportunity, sometimes it's injury, sometimes it's other factors. I don't really care.

They may be different situations, but there are similar underlying features. One is drops. I'm sure you weren't one of those calling for a replacement for Knox when he was dropping multiple easy catches.

The hate on McK is largely unwarranted.

1 hour ago, DJB said:

Then he shouldn’t be playing and in concussion protocol instead. 

His hands are terrible that’s the problem 

He’s a human being, Not a robot. Im not making excuses for the dude I’m simply stating perhaps he wasn’t as ready as he thought he was or there were some lingering effects or his brain was foggy. Who knows. Or maybe he was 100% and just blew it. 

He had a bad game. It happens. 

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Iverwig said:

The play was never supposed to go to McKenzie which is why he wasn’t looking per Josh and McKenzie. That explains why he wasn’t looking. Sal discussed it this morning.  I will say McKenzie’s mistake was trying to pick the ball up instead of just trying to cover it up. 

Are you talking about the first fumble?  I couldn't disagree more.

1) You dont know where that lay was "supposed to go to", certainly not by players reactions, not saying you are not correct but un less you were in the huddle don't know.

2) He looked right  at the ball and the ball went between both hands.

3) Despite what Nance said on the telecast, he saw the ball coming.

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

1) You dont know where that lay was "supposed to go to", certainly not by players reactions, not saying you are not correct but un less you were in the huddle don't know.

As I've posted before, it comes right from McKenzie's mouth:

“It was a miscommunication,” McKenzie said. “It was a screen to the left, a handoff to me, but the D-end came up field. I wasn’t supposed to get the ball. I looked back, I thought he threw the screen, and then I looked back and he threw it to me. I’m like, ‘that wasn’t the play.’ I was thrown off. It hit my facemask, but I can’t, we can’t … the play is on nobody. It is what it is, but that wasn’t the play. At the end of the day, it’s all on us.”

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Sure, whatever you think. Sometimes guys come along at different rates than others. Guys have been known to be in the league for years before developing into special players. Sometimes it's opportunity, sometimes it's injury, sometimes it's other factors. I don't really care.

They may be different situations, but there are similar underlying features. One is drops. I'm sure you weren't one of those calling for a replacement for Knox when he was dropping multiple easy catches.

The haters need someone to pick on and there aren’t many choices on this team. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rubes said:

As I've posted before, it comes right from McKenzie's mouth:

Hmm.  Interesting sounds plausible enough.  It would make more sense that McKenzie was an secondary or emergency outlet on that play,    If true, that is something Josh would do his first year, I dont think on the first drive with their success he is going to take a chance like that way too  early in the game.  

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

The point……which you missed…..is that it is unnecessary to feel the need to find someone to bash in the first place.  There is a difference between a coherent discussion of details and starting a thread simply to pile on a player with name calling.

Seems like the mob is getting a bit out of control.

Angry Jim Henson GIF by Muppet Wiki

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

He’s a human being, Not a robot. Im not making excuses for the dude I’m simply stating perhaps he wasn’t as ready as he thought he was or there were some lingering effects or his brain was foggy. Who knows. Or maybe he was 100% and just blew it. 

He had a bad game. It happens. 

Again then he shouldn’t be playing if he has concussion like symptoms. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

I have never before seen a post that so perfectly distills and summarizes the poster's personality.  

He is a piece of work. The internet does have a way of magnifying some people's personality disorders. There are people who really get off on making people upset, or angry, and in this instance, he's throwing his net as wide as he can, trying to catch as many negative reactions as he can. 

18 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yes….He did NOT see the ball coming when it was pitched to him.  He turned his head after the ball was pitched.  You say despite what Nance said? Nance said what was obvious. He was Not expecting the ball when it came. He was not looking when the ball was initially coming his way. You disregard what Nance said…fine, but you also discounted what the players and Sal said. McKenzie had a bad game but all this he sucks and needs to be cut is just ludicrous fandom talk by many on here.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Name 1 WR that will go likely now 6 full seasons, and i will be nice about this and give the dude 400 yards this season and gets better year 6? name one hat has gotten better after 6 years? last 2 of them being with some QB dude named Josh Allen. Shakir is faster, quicker and has way more ceiling to his Career then McKenzie every will.

your narratives are horrible!

21 minutes ago, TPS said:

The haters need someone to pick on and there aren’t many choices on this team. 

the haters? if you get a chuck roast put in front of you then get a juicy prime rib placed in front of you... if you chose the prime rib does that make you a hater? Just stop man. Shakir has so much more to offer at a way younger age.

19 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Hmm.  Interesting sounds plausible enough.  It would make more sense that McKenzie was an secondary or emergency outlet on that play,    If true, that is something Josh would do his first year, I dont think on the first drive with their success he is going to take a chance like that way too  early in the game.  

I can't find it, but someone posted that Allen had said something similar to what McKenzie said.

In any event, just from a play design perspective - so far, Dorsey's plays make sense in the way they're designed.  You have the L to R sweep to pull a defender with him if it's man coverage and sell the defense that McKenzie has the ball, as distraction from a designed screen to the L.

As you say, it would make more sense and be more plausible as a play design than a play that featured McKenzie running across the formation L to R to attract attention and then Josh looking L and taking a step as though he were going to pull it and run, and then throwing it behind him to the R (where you just tried to get the defense's attention to go)

Early in the game when a sideline reporter caught McDermott and asked his thoughts, I believe I heard something to the effect we've done some good things and the offense needs to settle down a bit and find its groove, which would make sense in the above scenario.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

Geez you guys don’t think that a player can have a stinker? What about when he helped dismantle the Pats* last year? Did we forget that? Cut him some slack. How about Davis sun par season before last week? Should we cut his butt too?

McKenzie has largely been living off of that one great performance against the Pats ever since.  I was high on McKenzie before the season but he has not performed well at all.  Lack of awareness (not running out of bounds with no timeouts against the Fins, not falling on the fumble yesterday), turnovers, drops, falling on his face in the end zone on what should have been a TD.  I want him to do well but Shakir seems to have the "it" factor right now and should get a higher % of the snaps.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

Yes….He did NOT see the ball coming when it was pitched to him.  He turned his head after the ball was pitched.  You say despite what Nance said? Nance said what was obvious. He was Not expecting the ball when it came. He was not looking when the ball was initially coming his way. You disregard what Nance said…fine, but you also discounted what the players and Sal said. McKenzie had a bad game but all this he sucks and needs to be cut is just ludicrous fandom talk by many on here.  

A lot of throws and pitches are designed well before intended recipient is looking in the direction of the ball, it is called anticipation.   Putting "NOT" in capitals doesn't reinforce your opinion.   I didnt discount what the players said, I stated it sounds plausible enough.

We will disagree.

I am not in the cut Mckenzie mob so dont attach that to a response directed at me.

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Edmunds may be relieved that a new target has been selected.  

Saying that any player is dialed in at all times is silly.  I’ll grant that McKenzie may be “dialed out” more often than others, but it isn’t as if he hasn’t contributed.  Would we have won the division last year if he hadn’t put up that performance at NE?  

Dialed in all the time huh?.  Knox, who you named, went the wrong way on the game winning TD and Josh threw a dot anyway.  If Knox went the right way it was a layup.  This is not meant as some sort of Knox bash, rather just saying that it happens.

To the bold, so you agree with my premise. Cool.

Knox still caught the TD, he still executed. Just because he didnt go the way Josh waved him is irrelevant. McKenzie has trouble catching the ball even when he goes where he is supposed to, mainly because of his lack of concentration. Whether its having the pass taken away, like in LA, or not being ready for the ball even though he is an outlet on the play, or stumbling over his own feet trying to adjust, he's not locked in.

And I dont mean "playing flawless football". Everyone will make mistakes. I mean being READY.

A better example of what I mean is from the Miami game. The Bills are trying to spike the ball and stop the clock. Josh fumbles the snap and in an instant realizes that he can't spike it and therefore must throw it. He stands up and slings it out to Diggs who is standing outside, thinking its going to be a normal spike play that doesnt involve him at all. Having zero reason to expect the ball, let alone a heater from Josh, Diggs STILL CATCHES IT, fully alert and tries (unsuccessfully) to get up-field. That is what I mean by being "locked in". Having your head in the game and ready for anything.

McKenzie barely seems ready for what he should be expecting.

Call it hating, call it bashing, make whatever ad hominem fallacy attacks you want, the point still stands and everyone can see it. This has been going on for years. Really his whole career. McK is a liability who should not be starting.

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I am not in the cut Mckenzie mob so dont attach that to a response directed at me.

Who is? I dont see many or any people pushing for that in here. I think most of his detractors, all Ive seen, are merely saying he should get less snaps and give Shakir a chance.

The "cut McKenzie mob" is just a boogeyman made up by the McKenzie defenders who dont want to admit the obvious truth that the dude makes too many unforced bad plays.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Knox still caught the TD, he still executed. Just because he didnt go the way Josh waved him is irrelevant. McKenzie has trouble catching the ball even when he goes where he is supposed to, mainly because of his lack of concentration. Whether its having the pass taken away, like in LA, or not being ready for the ball even though he is an outlet on the play, or stumbling over his own feet trying to adjust, he's not locked in.

And I dont mean "playing flawless football". Everyone will make mistakes. I mean being READY.

A better example of what I mean is from the Miami game. The Bills are trying to spike the ball and stop the clock. Josh fumbles the snap and in an instant realizes that he can't spike it and therefore must throw it. He stands up and slings it out to Diggs who is standing outside, thinking its going to be a normal spike play that doesnt involve him at all. Having zero reason to expect the ball, let alone a heater from Josh, Diggs STILL CATCHES IT, fully alert and tries (unsuccessfully) to get up-field. That is what I mean by being "locked in". Having your head in the game and ready for anything.

Call it hating, call it bashing, make whatever ad hominem fallacy attacks you want, the point still stands and everyone can see it. This has been going on for years. Really his whole career. McK is a liability who should not be starting.

I 1000% agree with this message

29 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Name 1 WR that will go likely now 6 full seasons, and i will be nice about this and give the dude 400 yards this season and gets better year 6? name one hat has gotten better after 6 years? last 2 of them being with some QB dude named Josh Allen. Shakir is faster, quicker and has way more ceiling to his Career then McKenzie every will.

your narratives are horrible!

the haters? if you get a chuck roast put in front of you then get a juicy prime rib placed in front of you... if you chose the prime rib does that make you a hater? Just stop man. Shakir has so much more to offer at a way younger age.

Sure thing. Everyone is welcome to their own opinion, I guess.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I've said for some time that Mckenzie is useless and the equivalent of Zack Moss at the WR position.

And since it looks like the Moss experiment may finally be over, really hoping we do the same with McKenzie because not only are better players sitting behind him, he is going to cost this team dearly with his turnovers and mistakes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This thread’s title is an ad hominem and you’re trying to back it up while accusing others of ad hominems?  Shirley 

McKenzie is starting because Crowder, and to some extent Kumerow are hurt.  The only “solution” at this point is a rookie who himself has shown suspect awareness in critical spots.  Logic is not working in your favor here.  The play to Knox required pinpoint accuracy which thankfully Allen delivered.  Had Knox read the situation correctly it is a layup.  Johnson, Hamlin and Neal weren’t exactly “aware” during JuJu’s TD.  Luckily we left Johnson in there.

25 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Oh, I'm okay with Shakir taking more reps from LD, and I think Crowder was certainly increasing and taking his snaps before the injury.  I like McKenzie for the unique things he does, and despite having a bad game yesterday, he adds value to the team.

As for hating on him, it's the nature of the beast when someone has a bad showing. I remember people complaining about Gilmore when he gave up a TD one game. People who only focus on the negative will always find someone to pick on.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Who is? I dont see many or any people pushing for that in here. I think most of his detractors, all Ive seen, are merely saying he should get less snaps and give Shakir a chance.

The "cut McKenzie mob" is just a boogeyman made up by the McKenzie defenders who dont want to admit the obvious truth that the dude makes too many unforced bad plays.

FYI, Not to beat this into the ground, 1) I dont know who is in  the cut Mckenzie camp, Ask Iverwig, I was responding to his comments 2) nor am I a Mckenzie defender..  At this point, i am in the  I would prefer to see Shakir  got the starting role or at least more time.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

This thread’s title is an ad hominem and you’re trying to back it up while accusing others of ad hominems?  Shirley 

No it isnt. The premise of the thread is that McK is incompetent. That alone isnt an ad hominem. Attack Badol instead of refuting his argument is ad hominem. Anyways...

13 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

McKenzie is starting because Crowder, and to some extent Kumerow are hurt.  The only “solution” at this point is a rookie who himself has shown suspect awareness in critical spots.  Logic is not working in your favor here.  The play to Knox required pinpoint accuracy which thankfully Allen delivered.  Had Knox read the situation correctly it is a layup.  Johnson, Hamlin and Neal weren’t exactly “aware” during JuJu’s TD.  Luckily we left Johnson in there.

Right. We are all saying that a rookie deserves more playing time. That's how untrustworthy we deem McKenzie. I can understand a rookie making some mistakes. I can not excuse a 5 year vet making dumb plays. That IS the logic.

Again, we are talking about a long history of dumb mistakes with McK. No one else you name has that, and it makes no sense to compare it to "one offs".

He is a liability.

So far you've agreed with me that McK is dialed out more often than others, and the solution is to start Shakir. Exactly what I'm saying. Just saying it your own way. Not sure why you feel the need to defend McK so strongly. Folks arent vandalizing his front lawn. We're just stating the obvious.

6 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

FYI, Not to beat this into the ground, 1) I dont know who is in  the cut Mckenzie camp, Ask Iverwig, I was responding to his comments 2) nor am I a Mckenzie defender..  At this point, i am in the  I would prefer to see Shakir  got the starting role or at least more time.

That wasnt aimed at you outside of you making the perfect statement for me to quote and respond to. All good. 👍

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

No it isnt. The premise of the thread is that McK is incompetent. That alone isnt an ad hominem. Attack Badol instead of refuting his argument is ad hominem. Anyways...

Right. We are all saying that a rookie deserves more playing time. That's how untrustworthy we deem McKenzie. I can understand a rookie making some mistakes. I can not excuse a 5 year vet making dumb plays. That IS the logic.

Again, we are talking about a long history of dumb mistakes with McK. No one else you name has that, and it makes no sense to compare it to "one offs".

He is a liability.

That wasnt aimed at you outside of you making the perfect statement for me to quote and respond to. All good. 👍

Sorry dude but Knox has a long history of dumb plays….and I like Knox.  He pretty much cost us the Texans playoff game if you go back and look.  He had a dumb false start, three plays where Allen had to realign him pre-snap which led to hurried pace and more.  He made what could have ended up being a game losing mistake yesterday and got bailed out.  

There are 100% some plays where I think McK screwed up.  The kickoff fumble against Indy was real bad IMO.  The examples being used from yesterday are weak.  The flip to me was 50/50 because Josh didn’t even seem sure what he was doing until he actually did it.  The EZ play was something that happens at times to every player in the league and had nothing to do with awareness.  He slipped trying to adjust.  

And titling a thread “dummy” is a lot lot different than “liability” or even “incompetent”.  

48 minutes ago, Mafioso said:

McKenzie has largely been living off of that one great performance against the Pats ever since.  I was high on McKenzie before the season but he has not performed well at all.  Lack of awareness (not running out of bounds with no timeouts against the Fins, not falling on the fumble yesterday), turnovers, drops, falling on his face in the end zone on what should have been a TD.  I want him to do well but Shakir seems to have the "it" factor right now and should get a higher % of the snaps.

I agree. It’s just the knee jerk reactions that we all have from time to time. I’m sure the coaching staff will do what’s best

11 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Sorry dude but Knox has a long history of dumb plays….and I like Knox.  He pretty much cost us the Texans playoff game if you go back and look.  He had a dumb false start, three plays where Allen had to realign him pre-snap which led to hurried pace and more.  He made what could have ended up being a game losing mistake yesterday and got bailed out.

He was a rookie and has shown improvement in awareness and focus every year. Denver cut McK for the same reasons, and he's still doing dumb stuff. Bad comparison, imo.

12 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

There are 100% some plays where I think McK screwed up.  The kickoff fumble against Indy was real bad IMO.  The examples being used from yesterday are weak.  The flip to me was 50/50 because Josh didn’t even seem sure what he was doing until he actually did it.  The EZ play was something that happens at times to every player in the league and had nothing to do with awareness.  He slipped trying to adjust.  

And titling a thread “dummy” is a lot lot different than “liability” or even “incompetent”.  

I'm willing to pass on the slip because there are so many other examples, it isnt even needed. Only discussed because it is so recent. Dont even need it for the list tho.

Still isnt an ad hominem. Plus, we're shooting the ***** here. This isnt some official government institution where decorum reigns. Dummy, unfocused, scatter-brained, incompetent.... all the same. No one is saying he's a horrible person, or even a horrible player. Just too unfocused to trust when our sights are set on the Super Bowl.

Heck, Badol even called him a "character builder". Which is sarcastic and backhanded, but isnt a vicious, unwarranted attack.

It's reasonable to expect Shakir, a rookie, to continue to improve and grow (if he doesnt, we'll address that then). At this point, with the body of work available, I think it's equally as reasonable to say that these bonehead mistakes part of what McK brings as a player.

I'll state again for posterity. McK is a liability, and Shakir should start in the slot.

23 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

On the Texans playoff game, Knox also temporarily saved the game with the unscripted J Allen pitch to him that Knox luckily go to knock out of bounds.

And what play did he almost cost us the game where he got bailed out, i missed a few minutes of play and didn't see it on any highlights.

22 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I actually compared Knox's struggles to McKittrick's struggles earlier today.

Knox showed, and maintained, great improvement after his first two seasons.  McKittrick is in his 6th season.  I think that's pretty significant.  He shouldn't be making the mistakes he's making at this point in his career.  He should be counted on to be consistently reliable.  He just isn't and I think he is officially a liability.

Lastly, I do agree that the use of the word "Dummy" in the thread title was unnecessary, immature and downright stupid.

• Thank you (+1) 1

zach galifianakis small hands GIF

poor guy.  It it what it is.  His small hands and arms sometimes get in the way of a catch and an incompletion.  Focus is likely a problem at times, but his smallness affects his production. 

In hindsight, I’m glad he had a bad game. We won and that’s all that matters.  After last week, it looked like Shakir should get

more reps, if not start.  I was praying he would take over as starter in the slot, but I didn’t think McD would do that to dirty (him lose his starting spot due to injury).  That said, McD will give his spot to shakir if dirty doesn’t produce and he didn’t.  Let’s hope that’s the case.  Dirty is limited and shakir is a budding star in the slot imo.  Maybe not vs GB, but the change should happen soon unless dirty starts being a difference maker

47 minutes ago, TPS said:

Oh, I'm okay with Shakir taking more reps from LD, and I think Crowder was certainly increasing and taking his snaps before the injury.  I like McKenzie for the unique things he does, and despite having a bad game yesterday, he adds value to the team.

As for hating on him, it's the nature of the beast when someone has a bad showing. I remember people complaining about Gilmore when he gave up a TD one game. People who only focus on the negative will always find someone to pick on.

well said, just clarifying that i am not a hater lol

3 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

well said, just clarifying that i am not a hater lol

Same.

I dont "hate" McK as a person or even as a player. I hope he does well, and have enjoyed the games when he's able to make big contributions.

But we have a Super Bowl to win...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I actually compared Knox's struggles to McKittrick's struggles earlier today.

Knox showed, and maintained, great improvement after his first two seasons.  McKittrick is in his 6th season.  I think that's pretty significant.  He shouldn't be making the mistakes he's making at this point in his career.  He should be counted on to be consistently reliable.  He just isn't and I think he is officially a liability.

Lastly, I do agree that the use of the word "Dummy" in the thread title was unnecessary, immature and downright stupid.

I can agree with that on balance because there seems to be more quantity with McK than Knox but the fact is Knox made a big mistake yesterday and got away with it.

15 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Same.

I dont "hate" McK as a person or even as a player. I hope he does well, and have enjoyed the games when he's able to make big contributions.

But we have a Super Bowl to win...

So get a rookie in there quick.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.