Lil' Dummy McKenzie.........offical team character builder

BADOLBILZ

On 10/18/2022 at 12:34 PM, WideNine said:

Don't blame him for not being ready for what was likely an improvisational shovel pass from Allen, but he was off in his timing and routes with some drops in other area of the game and has had a few brain farts this year.

I think you can bet that was an improvisational shovel pass.  I can blame McKenzie for not being ready (it's Josh Allen you're playing with - be ready until the whistle!) but my take away from McDermotts "first of all, you have to understand what we were trying to accomplish there" is that McKenzie doesn't deserve the kind of blame for being an ill-prepared *****up who wasn't ready for a designed option in the play, that he's getting here.

I didn't see that "off in his timing and routes (though that's hard to tell) with some drops".  He high-pointed a pass and immediately took a helmet to the ball (and his chin) to knock it out, in what I think should have been a "defenseless receiver" penalty.  Chad Hall met him at the sideline with a concerned look and a bunch of questions because he got LEVELED.  He failed to catch a ball that was thrown behind him in the EZ, which is not a 'drop' but frankly, is a catch he would ordinarily make because he's athletic enough.

On 10/18/2022 at 12:48 PM, BillsfaninSB said:

I understand the concern about his body of work this year but I’m not convinced the fumble and the TD drop was 100% him.

It seemed like Josh had to pitch that ball to him sooner than expected.  He had a wall of Chiefs in front of him.  The play design may have required more time and the o-line didn’t do their job.

The pass was behind McKenzie.  It reminded me of the 2020 Barkley pass  against the Pats that broke Beasley’s leg. 

Agree with that last.

I think the market share of snaps is going to be interesting.  I didn't go play-by-play, but Diggs spent a LOT of time in the slot vs KC. 

If we see that in other games, you can bet the rent money you'll be seeing more Shakir (unless you see more Hodgins) in the 3 WR sets that have been the Bills bread and butter, because you're not gonna see McKenzie playing outside, NopeNope won't happen. 

The other factor is whether we  keep it up with more of the heavy sets (2 TE and RB or 12; RB, FB, TE or 21) and start playing more 2 WR sets because we can use Morris on some of the slot routes and Morris or even Gilliam as the outlet receiver in the flat.  I think Josh trusts both their hands and they seem focused and sharp.  As long as they're healthy, if there are 2 WR on the field it will be Diggs and Davis.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think you can bet that was an improvisational shovel pass.  I can blame McKenzie for not being ready (it's Josh Allen you're playing with - be ready until the whistle!) but my take away from McDermotts "first of all, you have to understand what we were trying to accomplish there" is that McKenzie doesn't deserve the kind of blame for being an ill-prepared *****up who wasn't ready for a designed option in the play, that he's getting here.

I didn't see that "off in his timing and routes (though that's hard to tell) with some drops".  He high-pointed a pass and immediately took a helmet to the ball (and his chin) to knock it out, in what I think should have been a "defenseless receiver" penalty.  Chad Hall met him at the sideline with a concerned look and a bunch of questions because he got LEVELED.  He failed to catch a ball that was thrown behind him in the EZ, which is not a 'drop' but frankly, is a catch he would ordinarily make because he's athletic enough.

Agree with that last.

I think the market share of snaps is going to be interesting.  I didn't go play-by-play, but Diggs spent a LOT of time in the slot vs KC. 

If we see that in other games, you can bet the rent money you'll be seeing more Shakir (unless you see more Hodgins) in the 3 WR sets that have been the Bills bread and butter, because you're not gonna see McKenzie playing outside, NopeNope won't happen. 

The other factor is whether we  keep it up with more of the heavy sets (2 TE and RB or 12; RB, FB, TE or 21) and start playing more 2 WR sets because we can use Morris on some of the slot routes and Morris or even Gilliam as the outlet receiver in the flat.  I think Josh trusts both their hands and they seem focused and sharp.  As long as they're healthy, if there are 2 WR on the field it will be Diggs and Davis.

I was at the game so i couldn't really tell - but watching that replay that pass was not where it needed to be.  Maybe he should have sat down on his route there?  Not sure.  

If Josh did not bail him out with the 3rd in the 13th missile to Gabe from his own end zone, he would be odds on likely to sit next game like he sat last year. That was the worst of the 3 blunders imo. You add Sunday to the Colts game and Rams opening day with the spotlight shining and you wonder is it’s viable dressing this guy in January. 

Edited by Charles Romes

On 10/18/2022 at 1:48 PM, BillsfaninSB said:

I understand the concern about his body of work this year but I’m not convinced the fumble and the TD drop was 100% him.

It seemed like Josh had to pitch that ball to him sooner than expected.  He had a wall of Chiefs in front of him.  The play design may have required more time and the o-line didn’t do their job.

The pass was behind McKenzie.  It reminded me of the 2020 Barkley pass  against the Pats that broke Beasley’s leg. 

The pitch play was just awkward all the way around.

The pass appeared to be a little behind McKenzie only because he tripped and fell forward. If he stays on his feet that is a TD every time. That was 100% on McKenzie. 

He didn’t have a good game. I’m not into demeaning his intelligence; however, he certainly deserves all the criticism he is receiving for his play.

9 minutes ago, CheshireCT said:

The title of this thread is disrespectful and unnecessary.

even if people want to dog on him (which I also find unnecessary), can we AT LEAST change the title of the thread???????

This!!! How was this thread not locked or deleted?   Considering posts and threads mods usually delete....

Insulting a Bills player with disrespectful name calling is LAME 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, CheshireCT said:

The title of this thread is disrespectful and unnecessary.

even if people want to dog on him (which I also find unnecessary), can we AT LEAST change the title of the thread???????

Nope.

He's earned it.

Dude fumbled 6 times on special teams as a rookie........10 times in Denver total counting preseasons before they finally had to cut bait:lol:.........has since kept fumbling and bobbling and making dubious decisions on special teams whenever given the chance..........then was critical of McDermott for benching him after his face-plant-fumble versus Indy last season.    He has proven to lack any self-awareness.   Hence Lil' Dummy.

It's not a coincidence that the ball gets turned over by fumble, interception or on downs(sometimes to end the game even) on so many of his chances..........he kills otherwise vibrant opportunities........which keeps scores closer and serves as a training weight for the offense.........hence the character builder.

10 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Love this thread.  McKenzie is lame. 

Agreed,

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

On 10/17/2022 at 2:51 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

A better example of what I mean is from the Miami game. The Bills are trying to spike the ball and stop the clock. Josh fumbles the snap and in an instant realizes that he can't spike it and therefore must throw it. He stands up and slings it out to Diggs who is standing outside, thinking its going to be a normal spike play that doesnt involve him at all.

The bolded is incorrect.  Josh did not fumble the snap, the ball never hit the ground.  He muffed the snap, and the rule says that as long as he afterwards fields it cleanly without fumbling (ball hitting the ground), he can still spike the ball.  Josh ***** up.  The number of talking heads on the broadcast saying otherwise does not make it right.  They don't even know the rules of the sport they're paid millions to comment on.

On 10/17/2022 at 3:00 PM, 4merper4mer said:

This thread’s title is an ad hominem and you’re trying to back it up while accusing others of ad hominems?  Shirley 

McKenzie is starting because Crowder, and to some extent Kumerow are hurt.  The only “solution” at this point is a rookie who himself has shown suspect awareness in critical spots.  Logic is not working in your favor here.  The play to Knox required pinpoint accuracy which thankfully Allen delivered.  Had Knox read the situation correctly it is a layup.  Johnson, Hamlin and Neal weren’t exactly “aware” during JuJu’s TD.  Luckily we left Johnson in there.

Siran Neal had a ridiculously bad game, with the JuJu TD and two defensive holding calls.  Where are the calls for Wrap to be run outta town?

5 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I was at the game so i couldn't really tell - but watching that replay that pass was not where it needed to be.  Maybe he should have sat down on his route there?  Not sure.  

Either he was supposed to sit down or it was a bad pass.  One of the other.  Looks like he was supposed to sit down considering the DB coming from the other side.  

45 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Nope.

He's earned it.

Dude fumbled 6 times on special teams as a rookie........10 times in Denver total counting preseasons before they finally had to cut bait:lol:.........has since kept fumbling and bobbling and making dubious decisions on special teams whenever given the chance..........then was critical of McDermott for benching him after his face-plant-fumble versus Indy last season.    He has proven to lack any self-awareness.   Hence Lil' Dummy.

It's not a coincidence that the ball gets turned over by fumble, interception or on downs(sometimes to end the game even) on so many of his chances..........he kills otherwise vibrant opportunities........which keeps scores closer and serves as a training weight for the offense.........hence the character builder.

Agreed,

He hasn't "earned" it. The thread title and "nickname" are something I'd expect to see from KC fans on their toxic board - not on a Bills board.  I consider us to have the best fans in the world, and this thread does not reflect that.

McKenzie has had so many great plays for us over the past few years.  He & Josh Allen almost single-handedly won the 2nd regular season Pats game last year.  I love that he's on this team.  The EZ pass was a little behind him, and the pitch that led to the 1st fumble was more of timing thing - it didn't seem like he was solely responsible.  I guess we can haggle about that stuff, but having one bad game shouldn't result in a thread like this.

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Siran Neal had a ridiculously bad game, with the JuJu TD and two defensive holding calls.  Where are the calls for Wrap to be run outta town?

All Pro TE Travis Kelce is a tough assignment for a good special teamer pressed into unusual duty.

When McKenzie.........who is not even a good special teamer..........has to play a game at receiver on some All Pro CB's island all day I promise to cut him some slack if he doesn't have a strong performance. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

All Pro TE Travis Kelce is a tough assignment for a good special teamer pressed into unusual duty.

When McKenzie.........who is not even a good special teamer..........has to play a game at receiver on some All Pro CB's island all day I promise to cut him some slack if he doesn't have a strong performance. :lol:

Liar.  :devil:

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Success said:

He hasn't "earned" it. The thread title and "nickname" are something I'd expect to see from KC fans on their toxic board - not on a Bills board.  I consider us to have the best fans in the world, and this thread does not reflect that.

McKenzie has had so many great plays for us over the past few years.  He & Josh Allen almost single-handedly won the 2nd regular season Pats game last year.  I love that he's on this team.  The EZ pass was a little behind him, and the pitch that led to the 1st fumble was more of timing thing - it didn't seem like he was solely responsible.  I guess we can haggle about that stuff, but having one bad game shouldn't result in a thread like this.

There are no "best fans in the world" there are only the passionate and the dispassionate.

That 'best fans in the world" nonsense is just eye-fluttering,  fan-schmoozing lip service that all sports teams and their players use toward their fanbase(or one they want something from) to bond themselves to those wallets of fickle fans like yourself who need to be fluffed out of economic inaction.

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

There are no "best fans in the world" there are only the passionate and the dispassionate.

That 'best fans in the world" nonsense is just eye-fluttering,  fan-schmoozing lip service that all sports teams and their players use toward their fanbase(or one they want something from) to bond themselves to those wallets of fickle fans like yourself who need to be fluffed out of economic inaction.

What specifically indicated that I'm a "fickle fan?"

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

The bolded is incorrect.  Josh did not fumble the snap, the ball never hit the ground.  He muffed the snap, and the rule says that as long as he afterwards fields it cleanly without fumbling (ball hitting the ground), he can still spike the ball.  Josh ***** up.  The number of talking heads on the broadcast saying otherwise does not make it right.  They don't even know the rules of the sport they're paid millions to comment on.

Ok. Point stands either way. Josh stood and fired an unexpected fastball right at Diggs, and Diggs was fully ready and on point.

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

This is about more than one bad game.

4 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

The pitch play was just awkward all the way around.

The pass appeared to be a little behind McKenzie only because he tripped and fell forward. If he stays on his feet that is a TD every time. That was 100% on McKenzie. 

He didn’t have a good game. I’m not into demeaning his intelligence; however, he certainly deserves all the criticism he is receiving for his play.

Not sure how you can say the ball was a little behind him and then say it was 100% on McKenzie.

He tripped because he had to adjust to a ball behind his body.   Was the ball catchable?  Probably.  But it was not all on him that’s for sure.

If Diggs did that no one would be talking about it now. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Ok. Point stands either way. Josh stood and fired an unexpected fastball right at Diggs, and Diggs was fully ready and on point.

This is about more than one bad game.

We're just gonna disagree.  McKittrick has made enough plays for me while here to be cutting him some slack.  I just don't understand those that want him gone.  We won the freaking AFC East last year because of him!  There's just way too much "what have you done for me lately" around here for my taste.

• Agree 3

58 minutes ago, Success said:

What specifically indicated that I'm a "fickle fan?"

Because if you think Bills fans are just a bunch of home team ball washers and not hard on underperforming players and opposing teams then you clearly haven't been in Highmark Stadium very often putting your money where your mouth is.    Ask Cole Booooos-ley if Bills fans are "the best in the world".

Like I said there is only the passionate or dispassionate.   

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Because if you think Bills fans are just a bunch of home team ball washers and not hard on underperforming players and opposing teams then you clearly haven't been in Highmark Stadium very often putting your money where your mouth is.    Ask Cole Booooos-ley if Bills fans are "the best in the world".

Like I said there is only the passionate or dispassionate.   

Oh - so you don't know what the word "fickle" means. Got it.

I stand by it.  I don't see many other fanbases like ours - going through our kind of drought w/ as much dedication.  I totally stand by it - and it sure doesn't make me "fickle."

I'll be bumping this thread in the future, as I know 100% that McKenzie is going to have some big games for us.

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Nope.

He's earned it.

Agreed,

A well-liked, talented guy who has made some errors (like every human being) has not "earned" personal attacks and put downs.

Do better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

19 minutes ago, Success said:

Oh - so you don't know what the word "fickle" means. Got it.

I stand by it.  I don't see many other fanbases like ours - going through our kind of drought w/ as much dedication.  I totally stand by it - and it sure doesn't make me "fickle."

I'll be bumping this thread in the future, as I know 100% that McKenzie is going to have some big games for us.

Oh I was giving you the benefit of the doubt for at least being fickle..........sounds like you are just a detached observer.

I apologize in advance if you are one of our now numerous self-diagnosed social disorder sufferers who can't attend games..........but you can "stand by" your TV and watch the games all you want........if you weren't "standing by" a seat every week in that stadium for two decades of losing you can't tell me sh*t about what a Bills fan is.  :lol: 

And feel free to give my thread run all you want by bumping it when Lil' Dummy turns into a reliable NFL starting slot receiver......and stops killing drives and turning the ball over.   Then I'll give him his props.   It's year 6 and he's had 1 very impactful good game and numerous games he's very negatively impacted with mental errors, drops and turnovers.

57 minutes ago, CheshireCT said:

A well-liked, talented guy who has made some errors (like every human being) has not "earned" personal attacks and put downs.

Do better.

Ok we will just reserve the personal attacks for Bills players who aren't "well-liked".  :rolleyes:

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Not sure how you can say the ball was a little behind him and then say it was 100% on McKenzie.

He tripped because he had to adjust to a ball behind his body.   Was the ball catchable?  Probably.  But it was not all on him that’s for sure.

If Diggs did that no one would be talking about it now. 

I didn't say the ball was behind him. I said it looked like it was a little behind him only because McKenzie tripped and fell forward before the ball got to him. I am not a McKenzie basher and have never written a bad word about him. But that was on him. I also posted about the ball that went right through Diggs' hands in the endzone in the Ravens game thast should have been a TD as well.

You can see it however you see it. For me, if McKenzie doesn't trip and fall forward that pass is on the money and a TD.

McKenzie.thumb.jpg.3cc23ea5ab647fdeec6ab8930e285e21.jpg

You can see where the ball is in this picture. McKenzie has already tripped and is going to the ground, forcing him toi reach up and back - which makes it appear the ball was behind him. If he stays on his feet, the ball is right there.

Edited by billsfan1959

26 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

The op is a sad pathetic little man suffering from delusions of grandeur 

Don't try to get this thread shut down by violating the terms of service with an unsolicited personal attack on a fellow poster.

It's literally the first time it's occurred to some of you that McKenzie has been a little used bench player for the first 5 years of his career for a reason beyond his modest talent.  

Because he's always been unfocused and unreliable.

They like him personally and he's dirt cheap........but every time they've given him the opportunity he literally and figuratively drops the ball.

And on top of that he's been critical of the MORE well-liked head coach for not trusting him even though he just keeps letting him down.   

Edited by BADOLBILZ

4 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Where does it state that in the rule?  The rule only states this:

Item 3: Stopping Clock A player under center is permitted to stop the game clock legally to save time if, immediately upon receiving the snap, he begins a continuous throwing motion and throws the ball directly into the ground.

Item 4: Delayed Spike A passer, after delaying his passing action for strategic purposes, is prohibited from throwing the ball to the ground in front of him, even though he is under no pressure from defensive rusher(s).

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Don't try to get this thread shut down by violating the terms of service with an unsolicited personal attack on a fellow poster.

It's literally the first time it's occurred to some of you that McKenzie has been a little used bench player for the first 5 years of his career for a reason beyond his modest talent.  

Because he's always been unfocused and unreliable.

They like him personally and he's dirt cheap........but every time they've given him the opportunity he literally and figuratively drops the ball.

And on top of that he's been critical of the MORE well-liked head coach for not trusting him even though he just keeps letting him down.   

It's entertaining just how deep in your head lil dirty is.  You gonna need a plunger. 

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Success said:

Cripes - this turned into parody real quick.

I'm not gonna be lectured about being a "detached observer" after the years & pain I've gone through w/ this team.  Sorry I wasted my time on this one.  

You throw your hat in the ring and start telling someone how to be a fan and you will get feedback............you should have known better.  

And as Buddy Nix once said.........don't tell me about the labor pains show me the baby...........if you think you are Captain Bills fan and your pain and suffering with this team is so unique then tell us what makes it so.  

Put your hand on the monitor and feel the power of the worlds greatest fan base..........💪

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I didn't say the ball was behind him. I said it looked like it was a little behind him only because McKenzie tripped and fell forward before the ball got to him. I am not a McKenzie basher and have never written a bad word about him. But that was on him. I also posted about the ball that went right through Diggs' hands in the endzone in the Ravens game thast should have been a TD as well.

You can see it however you see it. For me, if McKenzie doesn't trip and fall forward that pass is on the money and a TD.

This is weird logic.  McK tripped trying to stop his route because the ball would have been behind him had he kept going on his route.  I think McK should have been able to stop his route and catch the ball but the ball was still thrown behind him.  You are looking at this as the ball was in good position where McK tripped but not taking into account he tripped because the ball placement forced him to stop his route immediately.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

It's entertaining just how deep in your head lil dirty is.  You gonna need a plunger. 

You know who's head he wasn't in?   Josh Allen's at the end of the game.    There was NO F*CKING CHANCE he was going to throw Lil' Dummy a pass.   The Chiefs could have left him uncovered that entire last drive.  :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I’m giving McKenzie a pass. He’s had a couple rough weeks but dude still flashes and love his toughness and after the catch ability. I like Shakir’s upside and I agree with others that he’s got a St. Brown (lions) feel to him but McKenzie will be needed down the stretch and I’m thankful he’s a bill

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

This is weird logic.  McK tripped trying to stop his route because the ball would have been behind him had he kept going on his route.  I think McK should have been able to stop his route and catch the ball but the ball was still thrown behind him.  You are looking at this as the ball was in good position where McK tripped but not taking into account he tripped because the ball placement forced him to stop his route immediately.

He tripped before the ball was anywhere close to him. Go back to the post you quoted. I added a picture showing McKenzie falling to the ground and the ball is still almost five yards away from him. Watch the All22. The ball wasn’t anywhere close to McKenzie when he tripped.

29 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

He tripped before the ball was anywhere close to him. Go back to the post you quoted. I added a picture showing McKenzie falling to the ground and the ball is still almost five yards away from him. Watch the All22. The ball wasn’t anywhere close to McKenzie when he tripped.

Yeah thats a picture which doesnt show speed and momentum.  Watch the live play.  McKenzie needed to stop to get that ball, hence why he tripped.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Yeah thats a picture which doesnt show speed and momentum.  Watch the live play.  McKenzie needed to stop to get that ball, hence why he tripped.

I watched every replay from the broadcast and the All 22. He tripped and started falling before the ball was even near him. We’ll just have to agree to disagree my friend.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.