10/16/22 Week 6 GAMEDAY Thread Bills at Chiefs Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

It’s mid-October, the air is brisk and Autumn foliage is peak! The topper? An NFL Showcase game!

Allen vs Mahomes. Allen vs Rodgers. 

When the next 120 minutes of Bills football is complete, there will be a consensus league MVP.

As Brandon Beane alluded to in his post-season presser, Mahomes is singularly why our year ended with a thud. He then set about bringing back our most impressive recent DT pass rusher & rush containing DE, then yes, Von, THIS is why he pays you the BIG BUCKS! 💰 💰No pressure, big fella, but Brandon’s legacy rests on your performance..
I admit to openly criticizing Sean for being overly cautious with the teams’ nicks & bruises in the 1st 5 weeks, sitting players none of us would have missed a day of work with. But HEY! Whaddo I know?🤷‍♂️ Entering week 6 of the League’s most challenging 7 game season-opening gauntlet, we stand at 4-1, in 1st Place in our Division AND the Conference! -AND HEALTHY! Even new Papa @TakeAwayTre is looking fantastic!

Bravo, Buffalo!👏

To the task at hand. A rare, full national tv audience of a non-prime time game revisits what the majority of fans believe was the most fascinating game ever played. Sure, the season is still young and we won there early last year, but Allen is an alien animal when the spotlight shines! Even a game-delaying, heavenly light show couldn’t slow him down! Expect nothing less today. -btw, I’m a heavy peanut butter guy..

The offensive fireworks that illuminated the nation in January look significantly different 9 months later. KC is cash-strapped, losing the Cheetah to FA and it’s showing even larger with a League-worst pass defense. ‘Ma-homey’s’ become a dink & dunker with just 2 TD passes to WRs, though Killer Kelsey remains. It’s a cautionary tale, folks.. Buffalo’s offense is also dramatically different. In the afterglow of an Allen Air-raid, sits a mild mannered fella in the press box whispering assassination schemes in his ear, the likes of which we’ve never witnessed. ‘Mild-mannered’ that is, unless you piss him off. Then, standTF BY! Fears of a step back in Daboll’s absence are unfounded as Ken Dorsey has burst onto the scene with eye-popping play design and a killer instinct. We’ve waited for this longer than we waited for a great QB! Has one teams’ overall #1 Defense from the previous season ever maintained that lofty status with a completely revamped roster? Matt Milano was the ONLY starter last week from last years’ Steelers game! What was the score again? Oh yeah, THIRTY EIGHT TO 3!

The lights don’t get much brighter than the ones on the Bills today. A true Showcase game for the NFL starring our Boyz!

Two words -say them aloud!:

GO BILLS!

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Happy Game Day, TBD! I hope you have a great day. Lot's of time to rake your leaves and to prepared for the game today. Get your work done early, and then settle in to watch the JV games at 1:00 PM, and then on to the glorious beat-down of the KC Chiefs.

LET'S GO, BUFFALO!

• Awesome! (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Heitz said:

Let’s Gooooooooooo!!!  Should be a hell of a game… 🙌🙌🙌

BTW, on vacation in Italy, bout to (hopefully) watch this thing at 10:30pm (after 1 - 200 Aperol spritz’s this afternoon) 🤣🤣🤣

Try a Campari spritz!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Still can’t stand Michael Irvin but he makes a good point..

I don’t know. I don’t really agree with him. What if the Bills just have an off day? I still think, even with a loss, the Bills are going to win at least 2 more games than KC down the stretch and have home field barring catastrophic injuries.

There will be a round 2 and it will be in our stadium in late January.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Heitz said:

Let’s Gooooooooooo!!!  Should be a hell of a game… 🙌🙌🙌

BTW, on vacation in Italy, bout to (hopefully) watch this thing at 10:30pm (after 1 - 200 Aperol spritz’s this afternoon) 🤣🤣🤣

I think you got me on that one.

In Vermont with the lady already did the fall foliage stuff wine tasting 😋 and fo fo treatments.

So I have some brownie points  I was told. 

So we are watching the game here at the hotel 🏨 😏 and having food brought in.

Yup her treat don't know what it is yet.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Still can’t stand Michael Irvin but he makes a good point..

Question: does Michael Irvin ever care what anyone else says?

His logic seems flawed to me.  I mean, Gabe Davis had 171 yds last week.   As it happens, Gabe Davis had 201 yds and 4 TDs against the Chiefs last playoffs.  Why aren't we talking about "Can the Chiefs contain Gabe Davis?"

Hill is a great player, and he had a long reception of 64 yds.  Great players will bust long plays on the Bills on occasion.  Other than that, he had 10 receptions for 8.6 yds/reception.  That's not what arguably lost the Bills the game and yes it goes deeper than 13 seconds.

The engine that made Hill great was Mahomes, and #15 is still on the team, and still has Kelce, has restocked with 3 other WR, and has a much better run game supporting him.

The Bills are missing their top safety Micah Hyde and their all-pro CB Tre White.  If by some fluke we lose, the Bills will suck it up and grind and try to get their secondary better with the addition of Tre White, the cast off Benford, and the learning experience/growth for Hamlin and Elam.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Question: does Michael Irvin ever care what anyone else says?

His logic seems flawed to me.  I mean, Gabe Davis had 171 yds last week.   As it happens, Gabe Davis had 201 yds and 4 TDs against the Chiefs last playoffs.  Why aren't we talking about "Can the Chiefs contain Gabe Davis?"

Hill is a great player, and he had a long reception of 64 yds.  Great players will bust long plays on the Bills on occasion.  Other than that, he had 10 receptions for 8.6 yds/reception.  That's not what arguably lost the Bills the game and yes it goes deeper than 13 seconds.

The engine that made Hill great was Mahomes, and #15 is still on the team, and still has Kelce, has restocked with 3 other WR, and has a much better run game supporting him.

The Bills are missing their top safety Micah Hyde and their all-pro CB Tre White.  If by some fluke we lose, the Bills will suck it up and grind and try to get their secondary better with the addition of Tre White, the cast off Benford, and the learning experience/growth for Hamlin and Elam.

I know I don't care about anything Irvin has to say.  He is generally clueless and annoying.  I do not think this is anything close to a must win for the Bills at this stage of the season.  Nothing will be decided today.  It certainly would be nice to win, though.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.