All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

2 hours ago, Process said:

I want OBJ here too but von needs to chill a little bit, it's becoming a bit much. We have a super bowl team with her without him. Keep the focus on getting there with the guys we got and a little less worrying about getting your buddy here.

Lol, come on now.....I'm 100% sure Von's focus should not come into question and is just fine

3 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Jerry is still a good player and would’ve probably looked great rushing opposite Von, but he wasn’t coming back to this team as a backup. It was time for the youth to step up.

3 hours ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Jerry isn’t playing on a rookie contract. It’s that simple, really. 

3 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

You keep Jerry you don’t get Von Miller.

2 hours ago, MarkyMannn said:

OR Rousseau could be on the bench, or getting much fewer snaps. Greg R is the future

I realize this-. My point is that Jerry is still a beast and a valuable pass rusher.  Many here said he wasn’t any good and were happy he was gone.  

2 hours ago, mrags said:

I definitely would have rather had Jerry than AJ. He’s a bust. He has a couple good plays every year that give us hope then he goes incognito for the rest of the year. 

With the rotation we have at DL. We would be fine 

Would be perfect playing 30-40% of the snaps 

1 hour ago, Mikey152 said:

They also ran right at him quite effectively...

I love Jerry and wish he could have retired a Bill, but at his age and salary, it just wasn't a fit and they parted amicably.

The packers ran right Daquan jones all day on Sunday.  It happens to the best of them. Jerry was a solid run stopper with us the majority of his career.  

1 hour ago, MWK said:

I guess Jerry doesn't have any "injuries" that he's using to justify not getting any sacks like he did while he was in Buffalo. 

Yeah, that’s what Jerry is known for….  🤮 

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I can root for Jerry and understand why he’s not on the team at the same time

I can too.  Again, not the point of the thread.  

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Eagles have a very friendly schedule the 1st half of season for sure and looks like much of the same the rest of the way. That being said I think 49ers are better and would probably spank that ass

6 of the Eagles 8 wins have come against teams that are .500 or worse (two 1-6 teams, two 2-6 teams, one 3-4 team, one 4-4 team). They had home wins against 6-1 Minnesota and 6-2 Dallas. Of their remaining games they have  4 games against teams currently above .500 - Tenn, at Dallas and the Giants twice.

Agree that Niners are probably a better team,

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Also have to wonder how good the Eagles are. Yes, they are good, but I think BUF, and KC would beat them in most matchups. Wouldn't rule out BAL or CIN either. 

The Eagles have a ton of talent.  They're probably the best roster in the league top to bottom.  And Hurts has progressed.  At the end of the day, it really comes down to how dominantly their O and D lines can impose their will over the other contenders, because, absent that, I'm taking Allen and Mahomes over Hurts every day of the week.  I've got the Titans and second Dallas games circled on the calendar, since those should serve as litmus tests for what this Eagles team really is.

5 minutes ago, The Avenger said:

6 of the Eagles 8 wins have come against teams that are .500 or worse (two 1-6 teams, two 2-6 teams, one 3-4 team, one 4-4 team). They had home wins against 6-1 Minnesota and 6-2 Dallas. Of their remaining games they have  4 games against teams currently above .500 - Tenn, at Dallas and the Giants twice.

The Minnesota win is really the only one that stands out as being impressive, and part of me believes that the Vikings are a bit of a paper tiger benefiting from their own weak schedule.  There was also the possibility of it being an emotional letdown game for the Vikes after what seemed to be a season defining win week 1 against the Packers.  That's not to say that the Eagles aren't possibly a GREAT team.  I just don't think they've been tested enough to definitively proclaim that as fact.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

The Eagles have a ton of talent.  They're probably the best roster in the league top to bottom.  And Hurts has progressed.  At the end of the day, it really comes down to how dominantly their O and D lines can impose their will over the other contenders, because, absent that, I'm taking Allen and Mahomes over Hurts every day of the week.  I've got the Titans and second Dallas games circled on the calendar, since those should serve as litmus tests for what this Eagles team really is.

They are definitely good but as you mentioned I would like to see them play the tougher teams. The Dallas win was without Dak. Minnesota was the best win (in terms of quality opponent) they have played.

Edited by Greg S
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Process said:

I want OBJ here too but von needs to chill a little bit, it's becoming a bit much. We have a super bowl team with her without him. Keep the focus on getting there with the guys we got and a little less worrying about getting your buddy here.

Maybe this means OBJ is about ready to do workouts or a physical?

Just now, TheBrownBear said:

The Minnesota win is really the only one that stands out as being impressive, and part of me believes that the Vikings are a bit of a paper tiger benefiting from their own weak schedule.  There was also the possibility of it being an emotional letdown game for the Vikes after what seemed to be a season defining win week 1 against the Packers.  That's not to say that the Eagles aren't possibly a GREAT team.  I just don't think they've been tested enough to definitively proclaim that as fact.

Agree, for the sake of sh*ts an giggles if Eagles played same opponents as Bills up til now I think they'd have couple losses. At least 2 or 3

28 minutes ago, The Avenger said:

Its really tough this year to see who is actually good and who is benefitting from an easy schedule.  There are just so many mediocre to bad teams this year on both the NFC and AFC.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Its really tough this year to see who is actually good and who is benefitting from an easy schedule.  There are just so many mediocre to bad teams this year on both the NFC and AFC.

Yeah I can't argue with you here....however when taking that into consideration, if Eagles played same teams as Bills do you think they would still be undefeated? 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Yeah I can't argue with you here....however when taking that into consideration, if Eagles played same teams as Bills do you think they would still be undefeated? 

I dont think they would be undefeated no.  The best QB they have faced this year so far is Cousins.  Everyone else is a joke of a QB.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Process said:

Yeah, I'm not worried about that stuff at all.

I think it's ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC that we have gone from a completely irrelevant franchise to maybe the most significant/important/talked about franchise in the league.

We are now at the center of the action, and a super star like Von beating the OBJ drum only adds to it!

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Eagles have a very friendly schedule the 1st half of season for sure and looks like much of the same the rest of the way. That being said I think 49ers are better and would probably spank that ass

besides at the most important position - QB.

8 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

How are they better than us?

I will take out roster thanks ….

I really hope we get a chance to play them in the SB…

Far better offensive line. Better secondary (given our current injuries).  Receiver is maybe a wash or slight lean to Eagles.  Better RBs.  Better tight ends.  

D-line is fairly even after the Quinn trade.  Bills have better linebackers and special teams units.  

We of course have Josh Allen and they don't.

Edited by TheBrownBear
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I think Odel is playing mind  games with 3 or 4 teams. 

We shall see

Creating a market for himself. All it takes is 1 team to be interested and think they are bidding against 3 other ones for him to get his $.

I personally don't see it. People are treating him like he's Randy Moss in his prime. He was always an above average receiver but is he really *that* kind of player after the acl's?

Edited by KDIGGZ
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, TheBrownBear said:

Far better offensive line. Better secondary (given our current injuries).  Receiver is maybe a wash or slight lean to Eagles.  Better RBs.  Better tight ends.  

D-line is fairly even after the Quinn trade.  Bills have better linebackers and special teams units.  

You can’t say they have a better roster,,, then take injuries into account talking down our secondary,,,

I will take our team …Better D … Not even debatable…

I give them the better OL..and RB for what that’s worth…

Bills :much better  at QB which is what really matters.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

I think Odel is playing mind  games with 3 or 4 teams. 

We shall see

He's not in high enough demand to be playing mind games with anybody. Folding him in as a #3 for the playoffs would be a luxury. But he's more of a difference maker on the socials than he is on a football field.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Airseven said:

He's not in high enough demand to be playing mind games with anybody. Folding him in as a #3 for the playoffs would be a luxury. But he's more of a difference maker on the socials than he is on a football field.

Some team will most likely over pay and that will be the end of it  

4 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

The best roster top to bottom is Buffalo's roster and there's a bit of a gap between them and the 2nd best. By far the deepest roster in the league, better defense and they have the best player in football.

I think our WRs are also better than theirs. Diggs has more yards and tds in 1 less game than Brown. Gabe has a few less yards, but twice the tds as Smith in 2 less games plus playing injured in 2 more. He's done that with 20 less targets than Smith. McKenzie has more yards and x4 the tds than any other Eagles WR and did it in 2 less games.

Injuries are going to happen, sometimes a bunch at a time, like what has already happened with the 49ers & Bills earlier in the year. The team needs the confidence that the #2 or #3 even, can come in and play at a high level while the starters get healthy. Buffalo's reserves have already passed this test with flying colors.

And the last reason I believe the Bills have a better roster, they've done it against  a far harder schedule than the Eagles have. The Eagles have played a bunch of bad teams this year and their 2 "hard" games were both at home. The Bills have played 4 of their 5 toughest  opponents on the road this year.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

The best roster top to bottom is Buffalo's roster and there's a bit of a gap between them and the 2nd best. By far the deepest roster in the league, better defense and they have the best player in football.

I think our WRs are also better than theirs. Diggs has more yards and tds in 1 less game than Brown. Gabe has a few less yards, but twice the tds as Smith in 2 less games plus playing injured in 2 more. He's done that with 20 less targets than Smith. McKenzie has more yards and x4 the tds than any other Eagles WR and did it in 2 less games.

Injuries are going to happen, sometimes a bunch at a time, like what has already happened with the 49ers & Bills earlier in the year. The team needs the confidence that the #2 or #3 even, can come in and play at a high level while the starters get healthy. Buffalo's reserves have already passed this test with flying colors.

And the last reason I believe the Bills have a better roster, they've done it against  a far harder schedule than the Eagles have. The Eagles have played a bunch of bad teams this year and their 2 "hard" games were both at home. The Bills have played 4 of their 5 toughest  opponents on the road this year.

I think the Eagles have the more balanced roster........because their OL is better and their secondary is more intact.   

But the Bills are clearly better at most if not all of the premium positions:

QB1  Bills

WR1 Bills

LT1   Bills

Pass Rusher1 Bills

CB1  Close but White over Slay if Tre is healthy

Most notable of those advantages, of course........QB1.   I don't want to discount Hurts because he's good and has done a lot but there is a difference in their playmaking ability.

Adding Nyheim Hines and hopefully the subject of this thread OBJ coming in and looking like late season OBJ of last year should elevate them even more offensively..........which is actually their weaker side of the ball. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

Hurts is a good QB not great. Eagles have won a SB recently.

if I’m Odell I go to the team w/ better QB and franchise who will love me for helping deliver the first SB. 
Btw, I believe the Bills oline is top 3 if not the best at pass protection, which is what Odell would probably care most about. 

21 hours ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Lest we forget that the Bills SHOULD be undefeated as well. Would the birds be undefeated if they had the injuries the bills dealt with? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.