All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

8 minutes ago, Bandito said:

No its not. He would not fit the culture here. He is a Primadonna who puts himself first instead of the team. 

Except he isnt.  

Unless you call Miller, Allen, Diggs, everyone in LA Liars.

If my understanding is correct.

Bills have a 2 year very incentive heavy deal on the table for OBJ.  That is likely the right term and structure without seeing it.

2 years (this and Next) very incentive laden.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

I have a feeling, his contract is going to be very complex with all kids of incentive bonus being abused from the likely and unlikely categories shifting cap hits and holds all over the place and possibly 3-years down the road before you are actually using it as written

I don't see a 1-year deal being signed anywhere, 3-years, lots of incentives (not just because of his knee, but the CBA language and rules for the "likely" and "unlikely" incentives. A sizable chunk of the cap hit could be thrown 3 years down the road during a Super Bowl window

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Bandito said:

No its not. He would not fit the culture here. He is a Primadonna who puts himself first instead of the team. 

Trust the guys who define the process.  They’ve earned that right.

19 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Except he isnt.  

Unless you call Miller, Allen, Diggs, everyone in LA Liars.

If my understanding is correct.

Bills have a 2 year very incentive heavy deal on the table for OBJ.  That is likely the right term and structure without seeing it.

2 years (this and Next) very incentive laden.

I’m with you here, and would love to see OBJ in a Bills uniform if he’s ready to roll. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

28 minutes ago, Bandito said:

I think you are letting your personal opinions cloud the facts.  Beckham is one of the most beloved players I have ever seen in the NFL, even by people who never played with him. And not just anyone, by the big time players...I mean hell, even Aaron Rodgers loves the guy and talks to him regularly apparently.  And he doesn't like anyone. 

Perhaps the only player in the NFL that doesn't love OBJ is Baker Mayfield.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

31 minutes ago, Bandito said:

I think he would be fine here. He would only be here as a rental anyway. He will be on his best behavior and do everything he can to help the Bills win a Super Bowl. It's in his best interest to do that if he wants a big payday. Also, he would get a 2nd ring. The Bills and their fans would party like never before if we win the Super Bowl. It's a win-win situation for everybody.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Bandito said:

When has he ever done this?  He threw a few tantrums on the sideline during his stint with the Giants.  Big effin' deal.  He's never been a selfish player and his teammates have, by all accounts, loved him.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DJB said:

I think it’s more than a one year deal here 

the way to structure it is a 3 year deal with the 3rd year voidable. similar to what we did with emmanuel sanders and others.

this year $2mm, next two years $8mm per with 2024 voidable and able to be restructured. spread the hit and delay it until the cap is improved.

however, the cap could come down the pending economic collapse.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

When has he ever done this?  He threw a few tantrums on the sideline during his stint with the Giants.  Big effin' deal.  He's never been a selfish player and his teammates have, by all accounts, loved him.

that's where people conflate the issues of him being a prima donna vs. a selffish jerk player.

he is a prima donna who loves attention. most nfl guys are and that's just how they are built, especially WR's. to me that's a turnoff but i don't need a football team full of men with boy scouts and men with integrity.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Tre White said he’s been texting with OBJ daily while he’s been out so I’d trust the players more than fans who have preconceived notions about a player. 

remember when Diggs was going to destroy this room too. That was fun. 

Edited by CountDorkula
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

There is no way he is going to come to this hot mess. Players all over the place cannot stay healthy and the further this team goes the less starters we are going to have. I would be surprised if we get out of the first round even if they make the playoffs. Not to mention we have no non blocking o line that is getting worse week by week. OB is going to Dallas or the Giants

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Bandito said:

My Google didn't search for things that have absolutely nothing to do with OBJ being a selfish player.

I didn't say that he isn't a dick.  My guess is that many NFL players are *****.

But there's nothing to indicate that he's selfish/puts himself before the team.

• Vomit 1

9 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Thanks. 

Yes he has. That is one of the reasons he is unemployed right now

The only reason he is unemployed is because he tore his ACL.

He has more than a 1/2 dozen teams that want to sign him, including the Bills.

Do you trust Beane and McDermott? Who have they brought in that’s toxic?
A lot of the same stuff was said in the media about Diggs. How that working out?

Do you trust the word of Von Miller? Josh Allen? Tre White? Stefon Diggs? They’ve all talked about wanting OBJ and Miller+White have raved about the type of person he is.

Can you give examples of him being this prima Donna? If you are talking about a couple times where he got mad on the sidelines, Diggs and countless other WR’s have too. Just this season Diggs was pissed on the sidelines that he didn’t get the ball. Doesn’t mean he’s a prima donna. Just means he’s a fierce competitor.

can you list even a single NFL player that’s talked badly about OBJ? Why does he seem so universally loved by his peers?

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bandito said:

LOL. You just admitted he is a dick. That is my point. Thanks Broseph.

There is a difference between being a dick and not being a team player.  This is not rocket surgery.

• Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, HopelessNJBuffaloFan said:

There is no way he is going to come to this hot mess. Players all over the place cannot stay healthy and the further this team goes the less starters we are going to have. I would be surprised if we get out of the first round even if they make the playoffs. Not to mention we have no non blocking o line that is getting worse week by week. OB is going to Dallas or the Giants

You are aware the Cowboys just played a month without their starting qb right 🙄

1 minute ago, HopelessNJBuffaloFan said:

And??? They won..... The Bills wont do the same with their backup. If you think they can or would, you are crazy. We cannot run the ball, so need to rely on our QB. Good luck with that

You seem so hopeless.

15 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Does Google not work on your Wifi? This is a selfish, "look at me I can do nothing wrong" primadonna attitude.

https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/sports/2020/10/21/lsu-football-fans-furious-ncaa-obj-odell-beckham-jr-ban/3717232001/

Hold on, him giving out money to college players is him being selfish? 

• Disagree 1

Do people not realize that Case Keenum is terrible? 

If he has to start a chunk of games, the whole season is probably lost, unless we can somehow find a way to limp into the playoffs just as healthy Josh comes back..then we could still win the SB.

The problem is that depending on how long Keenum has to play, if he has to play at all, we might lose enough games to miss the playoffs!

I maintain that Josh is "dinged up" but will be OK and will not miss playing time.  

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Bandito said:

LOL. You just admitted he is a dick. That is my point. Thanks Broseph.

Not that it matters, but you can be a dick and also be an excellent football player and a good teammate.  

I still play club sports in my mid 30s.  I often time have teammates who I don't like personality wise who are good teammates. 

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

With McKenzie, Knox, and Davis not living up to their expectations, this has went from “that’d be nice” to “it needs to happen.”

Re: McKittrick - he's caught 67% of his targets, averaging 9.1 yards/reception, has 3 TDs and zero fumbles.

Re: Knox - he's caught 74% of his targets, averaging 9.1 yards/reception, has 2 TDs and zero fumbles.

Don't confuse not living up to their expectations with not being used/targeted enough.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Bandito said:

Does Google not work on your Wifi? This is a selfish, "look at me I can do nothing wrong" primadonna attitude.

https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/sports/2020/10/21/lsu-football-fans-furious-ncaa-obj-odell-beckham-jr-ban/3717232001/

No. Not its not.

You are trying to manufacture things now to fit your narrative that you want to paint.  

19 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Signs of him being a dick and not a team player. 

Try using Google next time.

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/why-the-packers-should-stay-away-from-obj-350

Come on, lol, this is your "source"?  I knew the moment I opened it this was a skewed opinion piece and intended hack job by the writer.  But it was totally confirmed when he got to talking about his time in Cleveland and tried to claim OBJ was the problem and not Baker who is just as much garbage in Carolina with top end receiving weapons as he was in Cleveland.  

More importantly, after OBJ was traded all his Cleveland teammates came out in support of OBJ and said he was excellent teammate and in the locker room.  He then went to LA and immediately played great when he wasn't saddled with a garbage QB and again, all his teammates raved about him in the locker room and as a teammate. 

You are wrong on this.  The sooner you realize that the testimony of his teammates carries more weight than a biased cheeseheadTV click bait article the better because you are on a sinking ship with this current line you are taking on OBJ.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Angry 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.