Steelers @ Bills Game Thread - 2nd Half

Simon

Just now, TheCockSportif said:

Maybe he just shows up.  You have a turbulent FedEx flight, and next thing you know you're crafting a knife out of a skate, pooping in the sand, busting your own tooth out, voting for fascists (it's a vote of 1 since it really doesn't count, right?), then crafting a boat, later on, out of the VHS tape of SB XXV.  Can happen, ya know?

Right in thinking this is the only thing stopping you from travelling to a deserted island?

• Haha (+1) 1

Y

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

You can't go low on a QB, that's been well-established for years.  You OK if somebody does that to Josh?

You are completely wrong on it being established for years. Thats if they are in the pocket dropping back, not if the are out of the pocket scrambling buying time. What should a defender do as the QB is moving away from them? just not try? If this was not a QB no one would care.... when you leave the pocket you lose the QB protections

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

QBs should stop sprinting backwards and half jumping to throw the ball.  Pickett working so hard to evade the sack caused him to leave his leg completely open on the tackle.

this isn’t college - NFL players want to end you every play 

Just now, UKBillFan said:

Pickett completely over-reacted. Is he going to be one of those players who will cry if someone dares to touch him?

That was a very awkward tackle in a game that was clearly over.

I would not have been happy about it either.

Just now, muppy said:

we hit him on the side of  his knees hermano.......could have been UGLY is all Im saying.  Im glad it wasn't. I think the stillers qb has potential

Yes it could have been ugly, Pickett also jump threw across his body (again) making it even more awkward because hes in the air.

If we want to start calling scrambling jump throwing qb's untouchable unless you are only targeting their abs... we might as well de-evolve into flag football for QB's 

1 minute ago, Simon said:

That was a very awkward tackle in a game that was clearly over.

I would not have been happy about it either.

So dont extend play and jump throw last minute... his jump throw makes it even more dangerous then it already could have been.... I mean games over dont try right?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

But it is still legal.  Not Dirty he was trying to make a tackle.  

Shaq could have shoved him or just hit him, but went low down at his knees.

If it was Allen I would have been pissed.

Picket had that fake slide controversial play in college and I think that may have played into the no flag when he was blown up when he started his slide earlier.

Refs look for those things.

4 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

Yes it could have been ugly, Pickett also jump threw across his body (again) making it even more awkward because hes in the air.

If we want to start calling scrambling jump throwing qb's untouchable unless you are only targeting their abs... we might as well de-evolve into flag football for QB's 

So dont extend play and jump throw last minute... his jump throw makes it even more dangerous then it already could have been.... I mean games over dont try right?

I'm not saying part of it wasn't Pickett's own fault, I just know if I had a guy torque my knee like that late in an already decided game, regardless of his intent my initial reaction is going to be exactly the same as Pickett's.

I think that would be a fairly universal reaction for any ballplayer in that situation.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Simon said:

I'm not saying part of it wasn't Pickett's own fault, I just know if I had a guy torque my knee like that late in an already decided game, regardless of intent my initial reaction is going to be exactly the same as Pickett's.

That would be a fairly universal reaction for any ballplayer in that situation.

Oh for sure, I dont blame Pickett for being upset - I agree I would be too....

But in the lens we can see the play happening in real time and replay - there is nothing dirty or wrong about it. Outside pocket, lawson goes to sack, pickett leaves his feet to make a meaningless throw.

• Like (+1) 1

Love Allen, Diggs & Davis. Shakir looks ready to step into a full time roll. If he is, we could have the best 1-2-3 punch in the NFL. Steelers went after Elam hard today, KC will take note. They are a HUGE test coming up for this D. KC is balanced run & pass O. But I think our D (when healthy) is better than theirs. Need to get healthy & get ready.

Looked fine to me . Shaq hustling out there and it’s a split second… QB extending the play don’t think he intended anything but just trying to bring him down . He’s way out of the pocket so I don’t see an issue there he’s just not quite quick enough to wrap him up high 

10 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Nothing dirty about it.

Agreed. Pickett doesn't like it,maybe he should ask his coach why they are still throwing the ball down 31 when the Bills clearly are trying to put their backups in.

Bills D was probably pissed off they were still throwing in that situation. Kinda the MO for those huge lead situations late in the game is you run the ball to drain the clock and get outta there.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Pickett completely over-reacted. Is he going to be one of those players who will cry if someone dares to touch him?

Nah, he got angry because of a stupid and bad tackle (in his opinion, whether or not that is the case). He looked a fighter out there and I was fairly impressed considering the awesome team he was up against. Probably have a decent NFL career, albeit unlikely to reach the heights of the best out there.

Funny how folks think legal things can't be dirty.

Hypocritical too I think.

Would be a safe bet that if a defensive player had a clean shot at Allen inside or outside the tackles, but instead went low at his knees this board explodes with pitchforks and torches.

There are tackles that are normally made low... size mismatches with TEs against DBs and Safeties come to mind.

Don't think that was the case with Shaq  and Pickett.

Just now, WideNine said:

Would be a safe bet that if a defensive player had a clean shot at Allen inside or outside the tackles, but instead went low at his knees this board explodes with pitchforks and torches.

Did Shaq have a clean shot at him, seemed more like the most he could get of him was his legs because he was running away.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.