10/9/22 Gameday Steelers at Bills Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

27 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Why do people even think the Steelers have a chance to stay with us competitively? Last year they had Big Ben, Juju Smith-Schuster TJ Watt, Melvin Ingram. This week they don’t. Also we have some guy named Von Miller. Ever heard of him? 

Because this is the NFL. Think Jacksonville. Think, Whippersnapper.🙄

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Jacksonville had a passrush

You don't need a pass rush.  Upsets in the NFL are usually a combination of 3 things. The Steelers are usually good at all three of them.  Bills execute they will win, but this game is no gimme. 

Recipe for Upsets in the NFL

1) Get Turnovers and don't turn the ball over.

2) Special Teams/Defensive Scores

3) Forcing FG's instead of TD's.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Bills!Win! said:

Why do people even think the Steelers have a chance to stay with us competitively? Last year they had Big Ben, Juju Smith-Schuster TJ Watt, Melvin Ingram. This week they don’t. Also we have some guy named Von Miller. Ever heard of him? 

The line is 14 points so I would say people do not think they have a chance to hang with us.

If the Steelers score more than 13 points today that would be very disappointing.

Pickett should make some wow plays for the Steelers offense today but I expect just as many turnovers out of him as the number of positive wow plays.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Being a Bills fan makes one neurotic. I was excited but respectful the 1st 2 weeks and we won handily against great teams from a season ago. I was cautious about the next 2 which we split on the very last plays. Today? I’m as confident as a Buffalo in a delicatessen- so I’m nervous as Hell!! What’s up with That??😯  Logically, a weak, injury depleted team starting a rookie QB on the road should be a feast for the odds on favorite in the Conference. It represents the 1st ‘cupcake’ of just a small handful of games on this seasons’ slate and the weather for this Sunday afternoon game is the stuff of Post Cards. (that’s those little 1 piece picture cardboard greeting cards from back in my day) Everything points to a one-sided blowout, one week before we return to the scene of the crime in KC. 

Unfortunately, today we may be even worse off injury-wise than the Stillers. Last weeks hero, Defensive POTW Jordan Poyer, was hurt making a 4th Down, touchdown saving, endzone pick which sent us on our way down to TBass delivering the GWFG, capping off a 17 point comeback! Poyer and Dawson Knox are both out today (AGAIN!), Edmunds is ‘iffy’ at best with a hamstring injury and we’re pullin’ WRs & DBs out of the supermarket! Vegas doesn’t seem to care as they’ve held fast to a 2 TD betting spread -Pittsburgh’s worse ever point spread deficit.

Now for the Good news! Ed Oliver is likely going to play for the 1st time since opening night, Mother Nature is letting her attractive niece run the show this week and she’s giving us a rare glorious Autumn day to enjoy the game, free of the crapshow her cantankerous Aunt is noted for! So pack the house, apply the face paint, break out the grills and ROCK the joint today! Blue on Blue tops white on yellow EVERY DAY!

Go BILLS!

https://images.app.goo.gl/WcK28zNpqKutqkSR6

Nice write up Chandler diff put I like it.  Maybe you have finally gotten over the rookie hangover 🤔 that you have had for 16 years on this site.  

Well shaw and Virgil said they were not going to due there weekly post game thread but you can see how that worked out. 

Thanks  😊  and have a great day  😀 in the sunshine state. I will be there in a month.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Buffalo Bills Football GIF by Bleacher Report

How long did it take you yolo to write that graphics program

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

These guys on WGR are talking about Edmunds like he’s out….is it just basically a certainty here or is there still a shot he’s in?

It's highly likely he is out...they called up Giles-Harris from the PS which would be unlikely if Edmunds was playing

17 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

These guys on WGR are talking about Edmunds like he’s out….is it just basically a certainty here or is there still a shot he’s in?

He didn't practice all week with a hamstring injury.

Without knowing the severity of the strain, I would assume he's not playing based on those circumstances 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Pete said:

bong hit

coffee

bong hit

heading to RI to Bills Backers bar

celebrate Bills victory and Columbus Day in Federal Hill, Providence

So hanging out listening to Cyprus Hill on Federal Hill...going insane in the membrane from hits on the bong??

Federal Hill! Haha, I was there a few years ago...good friend from college told me we had to go check out that area when we visited and go to this big pizza place there that was really good...can't remember the name. 

But the highlight was seeing Water Fire downtown...luckily we happened to be there the weekend that was going on...super cool!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

So hanging out listening to Cyprus Hill on Federal Hill...going insane in the membrane from hits on the bong??

Federal Hill! Haha, I was there a few years ago...good friend from college told me we had to go check out that area when we visited and go to this big pizza place there that was really good...can't remember the name. 

But the highlight was seeing Water Fire downtown...luckily we happened to be there the weekend that was going on...super cool!

Inhale, exhale, just got an ounce in the mail

Providence is a great city!  Water Fire is cool.  Very cool vibe, it’s a great food city, and Fed Hill is some of best Italian on east coast.  North End Boston is great.  Arthur Ave in Bronx is excellent.  

I spend a lot of time with work in Providence and the surrounding cities.
I couldn’t find a Bills bar in Providence.  The RI Bills Backers meet at The Joint in Cranston.  Rhode Island is a fantastic little state!

Boston has two of the best Bills bars- The Harp and The Bleacher Bar

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

Inhale, exhale, just got an ounce in the mail

Providence is a great city!  Water Fire is cool.  Very cool vibe, it’s a great food city, and Fed Hill is some of best Italian on east coast.  North End Boston is great.  Arthur Ave in Bronx is excellent.  

I spend a lot of time with work in Providence and the surrounding cities.
I couldn’t find a Bills bar in Providence.  The RI Bills Backers meet at The Joint in Cranston.  Rhode Island is a fantastic little state!

Boston has two of the best Bills bars- The Harp and The Bleacher Bar

Also told me I had to go to Iggy's in Warwick which was cool cause we went to the beach and then we went to mansion row in Newport which was crazy...cannot believe how big some of those are...over 60K square feet in the Rockefeller mansion...the foyer was literally bigger than 3 of my houses out together.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.