Bills multi-season dominance on the scoreboard is in historic company now

Big Turk

Trey Wingo was on WGR Friday and said the Bills have 19 of their last 26 wins by double digits which puts them in historic company as the only other teams to do that were the Greatest Show on Turf Rams and the Miami Dolphins around their undefeated season.

I don't think we fully appreciate just how good and how dominating this Bills team has been related to the rest of the league and historically.

It's impressive. We need to enjoy it while it lasts.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Trey Wingo was on WGR Friday and said the Bills have 19 of their last 26 wins by double digits which puts them in historic company as the only other teams to do that were the Greatest Show on Turf Rams and the Miami Dolphins around their undefeated season.

I don't think we fully appreciate just how good and how dominating this Bills team has been related to the rest of the league and historically.

you must be new here

23 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

You're right. We're nothing but pathetic losers otherwise. 

Am I doing this right? 

this one gets it

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

They may be dominating yet last season they did not win any games decided by one score or less. They have room for improvement there.

For sure...which is weird because they were so good in one score games the year prior...

Likely will revert to the mean...almost impossible to be 0-5 again in one score games.

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Not at all poo pooing on the accomplishment but I'm wondering if it translates with the "points inflation" we've seen in the last 5-10years.

Defenses hsve been disallowed to, well, play defense to an extent. Hoping we're the best offense in league and we def have a helluva shot, just don't think we're quiet equals with those insane Rams teams.

.... wouldn't cry if Cook went the Faulk route though 😆😆

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Not at all poo pooing on the accomplishment but I'm wondering if it translates with the "points inflation" we've seen in the last 5-10years.

Defenses hsve been disallowed to, well, play defense to an extent. Hoping we're the best offense in league and we def have a helluva shot, just don't think we're quiet equals with those insane Rams teams.

.... wouldn't cry if Cook went the Faulk route though 😆😆

If every team plays by the same rules in the same era I would assume it has zero effect on that particular accomplishment, although I’ll admit I may be missing something.

1 hour ago, julian said:

If every team plays by the same rules in the same era I would assume it has zero effect on that particular accomplishment, although I’ll admit I may be missing something.

No you are right. While the points themselves would be higher the point differential which is what this is about would not change.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

that was a joke

Turk, you took the bait.  John likes to kid around.  We all know you Turkster.

As far as the big one, that’s really all that’s left.  #1 seed would be nice, going to the SB would be nice, but it’s time we finally win one.  I know it’s so hard to win a SB, and a lot has to break our way, but I think we can do it.

13 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

4 in a row 

;);) 😆 

Shady, that would be nice.  I can see Allen, Mahomes, and Herbert ducking it out for the next decade.  If Burrow can gain a real line in future years, Cincy will start competing with us as well.

Were

looking at the beginning of an unparalleled decade for Bills fans.  It will most likely go even farther than the Kelly Bills and I loved that team.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Shady, that would be nice.  I can see Allen, Mahomes, and Herbert ducking it out for the next decade.  If Burrow can gain a real line in future years, Cincy will start competing with us as well.

Were

looking at the beginning of an unparalleled decade for Bills fans.  It will most likely go even farther than the Kelly Bills and I loved that team.

This is also why I can give 2 💩 about the honorific MVP. 

I know JA17 is the Bills MVP. 

and that is just fine. 

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

For sure...which is weird because they were so good in one score games the year prior...

Likely will revert to the mean...almost impossible to be 0-5 again in one score games.

If one believes the Bills have actually gotten better too, in theory they could have even fewer one score games.  Let’s say they have four this year, go 2-2 in those, and then have one random big loss, 14-3 would be the result.  I know this is very simplified and ignores their actual matchups, but seems possible with their recent level of play.

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

No you are right. While the points themselves would be higher the point differential which is what this is about would not change.

The rules have favored certain types of offenses so there is a difference.  Teams which do run and grind are not likely to get same point inflation.

Bills have now tied the 1942-1943 Chicago Bears as the only NFL teams to win 20 straight games by double digits.

They can break the record next week against Miami...wouldn't that be sweet. Squish the Fish one more time for our place in history as one of the all time dominant teams in NFL history.

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Bills have now tied the 1942-1943 Chicago Bears as the only NFL teams to win 20 straight games by double digits.

They can break the record next week against Miami...wouldn't that be sweet. Squish the Fish one more time for our place in history as one of the all time dominant teams in NFL history.

do it jewish GIF

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/17/2022 at 11:33 PM, ticketssince61 said:

We are dominant when we win a super bowl or two 

Well, of course this is correct.   Twenty years from now, few people are going to look back and talk about how dominant the Bills were if they don't win any Super Bowls.   People now give the Kelly Bills their due, but only grudgingly.   The Cowboys get the nod in that era, and rightfully so.  And the 'niners.  

But it's also a silly way to look at it.   What Wingo is pointing out is that the Bills are dominating teams in an extraordinary way, and that is completely consistent with what a lot of people, all over the country, are saying about the Bills.

Think about it:  when was the last time a team that's never won a Super Bowl lost in the divisional round of the playoffs and six months later was the odds-on favorite to win the Super Bowl?   That's what the Bills did.  Why?  Because pretty much everyone could see at the end of last season how good the Bills were, and everyone could see that during the off-season the Bills got better.  

Listen to the talking heads.  It's almost like there's the Bills and then there's the rest of the league.  Everyone talks about how they have the best quarterback and the best roster.  Everyone says they are the complete team.  There's a sense of awe in it - how could they be THIS good?  

Yes, maybe the bubble will break, or maybe the Bills will stumble every season on the way to the Lombardi and be remembered like the Kelly Bills.  But that's not what people are seeing in this team today.  They're seeing greatness.

As they say, it's about the journey, not the destination.   If all you're doing is waiting to celebrate when they get to the destination, then you're missing the journey.   To fill you in, so far it's been a helluva ride.   There are a lot miles to go before the Bills win it all, and I'm intending to enjoy every minute. 

Edited by Shaw66
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 9/17/2022 at 11:27 PM, Big Turk said:

Especially when we're 2-1 in one score games this year.  0-5 is going to be a real challenge.

On 9/17/2022 at 11:09 PM, Big Turk said:

Overall, I think we do appreciate and enjoy this. Just don’t look at the Gamethreads… They’re NEVER a good look for us…

13 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Overall, I think we do appreciate and enjoy this. Just don’t look at the Gamethreads… They’re NEVER a good look for us…

Whenever I watch a non-Bills game I tend to pick one of the teams and read along with the game thread in their subreddit.  I’ve learned that every fan base is exactly the same - anxious, neurotic and wanting everyone fired even with a lead.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

On 9/17/2022 at 10:09 PM, Big Turk said:

I agree 100%, and I don't see how anybody who lived through the drought could possibly take any of this for granted.  I still can't believe it's really happening.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2019-2021, years they've made the playoffs, win/loss ratio of regular season games ending one score (by 3 points) or less

3 points or less 1-1 

4 points or more 9-5

3 points or less 2-1

4 points or more 11-2

3 points or less 0-2

4 points or more 11-4

2022 (thru week 6)

3 points or less 1-1

4 points or more 4-0

"I think we're ready for that run. To me, the biggest inhibitor from us going to a championship game, or being in the AFC Championship, or going to a Super Bowl is ourselves … At the end of the day, the rosters there and Brandon Beane made sure of that. The leadership is there, Josh Allen, Von Miller, and those guys make sure of that." -- Robinson

I like how Michael Robinson has completely taken on the Bills as his team. He also loves to say he was the first talking head to start pumping them up, long before Kyle Brandt, J Will, and any others.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.