Bill at Rams preview.

AlfaBill

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

The infamous "Mr. Cooper" concerns the hell out of me. Yeah, the rookies played well in the preseason, but Kupp is a different beast

I’m pretty sure T Johnson will be on Kupp 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Demongyz said:

I have a feeling the Bills D will be ok.  They are pretty good against the pass.  What worries me is I'm going to be migrating my ERP that night and I can't watch the game.

I think the additions of Von Miller and Tim Settle are going to mean more to the Bills Secondary than anything. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 4

Very interested in seeing how the Oline holds up against Donald and how the Dline holds up against the run. Going to get a good temperature check against the defending champions.

3 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

I think the additions of Von Miller and Tim Settle are going to mean more to the Bills Secondary than anything. 

I am also interested to see if Jordan Phillips can get some sacks and pressures.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Will know what we have in our CBs early. Hoping the pass rush helps them along early this season.

Expect a lot of zone and keeping the Rams out of the end zone. Mix in some blitzes and disguised coverage and we can rattle Stafford. 

• Agree 1

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/giardi-wyche-top-emerging-storylines-for-bills-rams-week-1-matchup

One point that was made is potentially size mismatch with the Ram's receivers, without details. 

So I decided to look at whether that's reality.  Higbee is 6'6".  Kupp and Robinson 6'2".   I think their rookie McCutcheon is bigger - 6'4" or something?

Relatively speaking, the Bills DBs are smurfs.  Dane Jackson and Taron Johnson are 5'11".  Elam and Benford are 6'1".  Poyer and Hyde are 6'0", but if Poyer can't go then Jaquan Johnson is 5'10".

When you flip the ball, our receivers are relatively smurfs again this year - Diggs is 6' and Davis 6'2, but Crowder and McKenzie 5'9 and 5'8".  For the Rams, Hill is 5'11" and Ramsey 6'0, Fuller 6'2 but Long and Scott are shorter safeties at 5'11".  Knox at 6'4" is solid, but not Higbee size.  (I do wish Howard had worked out)

Obviously, it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog, but there's something to "he's always open 2 feet above his head" and it does look as though there might be a bit of a size mismatch on both sides.

2 hours ago, Putin said:

I’m pretty sure T Johnson will be on Kupp 

Hopefully but I’m pretty much expecting Kupp to play on the outside a lot more than he usually does. McVay is gonna want to after whichever rookie starts with both Kupp and ARob.

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

One could argue those stats are a success for the Bills D.

That game against the Bills was arguably his best game of 2020. It was the only game all year where he 100 yards and a TD in the same game.

Is Stafford still dealing with soreness in his right elbow? He didn't play in any of the preseason games and didn't throw much at all including practices. That is something to watch and it should help the Bills secondary if Stafford can't throw the ball at an NFL level.

Edited by Greg S

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

Is Stafford still dealing with soreness in is right elbow? He didn't play in any of the preseason games and didn't throw much at all including practices. That is something to watch and it should help the Bills secondary if Stafford can't throw the ball at an NFL level.

From what i heard he got injections and everyone saying he was going to be fine. Lots of miles on that arm though. Could be a big issue for him this year. Week1 i think he will be fine.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, badassgixxer05 said:

From what i heard he got injections and everyone saying he was going to be fine. Lots of miles on that arm though. Could be a big issue for him this year. Week1 i think he will be fine.

Maybe but not having played in preseason or thrown much in practice could make him rusty week 1. At least I hope so.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Sheep week.

Shear the Sheep?

10 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I hate the unknown about starting a season against an nfc team that we rarely play. 

We're just as much an unknown for them too.

8 hours ago, gobills404 said:

Hopefully but I’m pretty much expecting Kupp to play on the outside a lot more than he usually does. McVay is gonna want to after whichever rookie starts with both Kupp and ARob.

That game against the Bills was arguably his best game of 2020. It was the only game all year where he 100 yards and a TD in the same game.

10 catches for 107 yards and a TD with Jared Goff at QB.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/202009270buf.htm

8 hours ago, gobills404 said:

Yeah, 2020 wasnt a big year for him. About 900 yds total and only a few TDs. Guess that's the difference between Goff and Stafford.

Kupp is by far their #1 weapon and put up over 1900 yds last year. If we hold their bell-cow to only 100 yds and 1 TD next week, I'd say our chances of winning are pretty good.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I hate the unknown about starting a season against an nfc team that we rarely play. 

Could be close, could be a slaughter (for either team).

On paper it should be close.  The only advantage, I hope we have, is our rbs and improved run offense. 

IMO Allen is infinitely better than Stafford. Thankfully, that is the main advantage you want to have. 

16 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Could be close, could be a slaughter (for either team).

On paper it should be close.  The only advantage, I hope we have, is our rbs and improved run offense. 

What improved run offense?

21 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Expect a lot of zone and keeping the Rams out of the end zone. Mix in some blitzes and disguised coverage and we can rattle Stafford. 

I'm excited to see the fruits of the new Dline. I'm also afraid they will stick to rush 4only, when it just ain't effective against every team, every week. Without flexibility, we won't be successful. Hopefully McD will speak up when Frazier is being too stubborn.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.