Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

5 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

She’s just a twitter fan, part of BillsMafiaBabes or something like that. She has zero inside sources.

Not saying it’s not true but that’s like taking and random dude/dudette’s opinion on twitter and calling it fact

blue checkmark tho!!!

8 minutes ago, jlgarsh said:

I read that the team is looking to nullify his entire contract for cause. To do that, they'd have to prove that he lied to them about the situation. If he's innocent, he's not doing an a very good job showing it. 

Fwiw, I do think he likely did.  I don’t know that it’s related to the main allegation, but I’ve thought from jump that the Bills would say they lost trust in him because he misled or omitted ancillary details. 

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

I have a gut feeling this press conference is not going to satisfy a lot of people, and quite possibly leaves more questions than answers. 

This feels like a much more serious Eric Wood non-retirement press conference. 

It’s a good reminder that this FO and PR team is certainly fallible. They’ve botched some of these legal/PR issues before. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Albany,n.y. said:

They're in the fieldhouse.  If you see part of a field & a door, you've got the right stream. 

Good, was just wondering if they had an error or something. I hear voices. 

Just now, BillsPride12 said:

Link?  I can't even get to that part lol

https://www.wivb.com/sports/buffalo-bills/sean-mcdermott-to-speak-saturday-afternoon/

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

She’s just a twitter fan, part of BillsMafiaBabes or something like that. She has zero inside sources.

Not saying it’s not true but that’s like taking and random dude/dudette’s opinion on twitter and calling it fact

I realized that after I went back looking for it. I don’t do much on twitter.  All said my guess is it is true.  

3 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Not saying anyone is handling this wrong but Cornelius Bennett was accused and pleaded guilty and is a convicted sex offender.   The details on that were also bad but he is still beloved.  Times have changed.  

That is so true and star athletes better know it. They can throw their career away with one stupid decision. 

And yeah, I'm very passionate about this because something similar happened to a person very close to me. 

If it took nearly a year after reporting to the cops, going to the hospital & doing all the tests, and fully cooperating with the investigation, only to STILL be waiting to see if they're even going to bring charges? Yeah, it'd be insanely painful!

Add to that the person who did it is now all over sports media & social networks getting hype & praise, it only would add to the misery. 

If the person who attacked my close friend wouldn't have done it two more times in neighboring cities, who knows how long it would've taken to finally arrest him. It's not like they could force him to take a DNA test when he wasn't already in the system, but he then left his DNA at the scene & was identified in a lineup soon after the 3rd attack.

Until that happened, people asked me if my friend was partying or if a date went sideways, not even realizing they were trying to mentally establish some sort of possible innocence for the attacker.

Telling people "NO. She went out to grab laundry basket from her car at 2 in the morning, then some random guy brutally beat her down & ****** her" was not information she or I wanted to explain to the world. 

Now imagine the attacker suddenly was on the news for being drafted by the NFL, then kicking an 80+ yard punt that spread all over the internet.

Pretty sure the last thing you want is the entire world to suddenly start Screaming at you "innocent until proven guilty!" Or "she was drunk at a party" or "she's after his money!"

The victim I knew would've died under that kind of scrutiny. The saddest part of this story is that the 3rd victim of this attacker got in touch with my friend trying to reconcile her trauma. After a month, her father called one night while we're grilling, and my friend started balling.

I asked what was wrong, and she said the girl committed suicide, writing a letter to my friend saying she felt so dirty she couldn't live anymore. 

Didn't mean for this to be so dark, but people need to realize these things are extremely serious, & isnt the same as someone who said their coworker made disparaging sexual remarks or they were sent inappropriate texts. 

Allegations this severe, and reported to authorities immediately with no incentive beyond proving guilt & getting justice, rarely appear out of the blue. Something very bad happened to a 17 yr old, intoxicated high school girl involving Araiza, and being shaken down for money doesn't cut it. 

/rant #2

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Taro Nimbus said:

can we lock this thread now?

Why do you care? You don’t have to click or read it. The case isn’t done, I’m sure they’ll send it to OTW if they don’t want it on the main page with him gone now 

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Well, looks like Dan Gilleon accomplished his goal...now his client gets to sue and try to collect from an unemployed 22-year old...

When will you get it was never about the money. It's about holding someone with privilege accountable when the justice system fails.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

Just now, CountDorkula said:

Yea, cause that's what matters in all of this. 

Well, Gilleon is hired to sue defendants for money; in fact, if he doesn't collect, he doesn't get paid...so yes, that is what matters in all this...now he and his client will have a very difficult time collecting any money. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jkirchofer said:

When will you get it was never about the money. It's about holding someone with privilege accountable when the justice system fails.

He's a football player, obviously its only about the money. {Rolls eyes}

He was a college senior with little draft stock when the first movements were filed, so it debunks the whole damn thing. 

2 minutes ago, jkirchofer said:

Oh, it was definitely about money.  Gilleon is a plaintiff's lawyer who gets paid on a contingent fee basis...he gets paid based on how much his client recovers from the defendant(s).

Just now, TampaBillsJunkie said:

This sucks.This kid was a keeper and could have been one of the best punters in Bills history. We'd flip the field at any time from any place. But he goes and punts with his third leg and kills his own career. 

Allegedy. So many in this thread have decided he is guilty.

• Agree 3

He was either guilty and he needed to be cut, OR he is innocent and his situation still had the possibility to derail or be a hindrance to a Super Bowl season

Either way, I understand and respect the teams decision to move on.

Edited by Einstein
  • Agree 1