Making the ideal QB.

Dablitzkrieg

So many shrimpy QB's are part of this.

2 hours ago, StHustle said:

and mentioned in a way that makes “the best possible qb” have on a Zach Wilson jersey 🤮 I think it had to be a Jets fan who made this

And it's in the Jets stadium. Definately a Jets fan.

9 hours ago, TBBills said:

That would probably be the worst QB ever. All different size limbs with a huge "third leg" weighing them down.

Wondering why anything of Zack Wilson is even mentioned...

Zach would have been more appropriate in the 3rd leg area, because you know he's thick. 😏

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

I would never normally respond to reactions, but why the "eyeroll" simstim?

You feel great with Case Keenum as the backup? All I am saying is that the QB room in Buffalo may need to be looked at.

That’s actually pretty funny, coming from Packer Nation.  You have some interesting QB room dynamics as well. At least our guy has seen an NFL field. Don’t love it, gonna have to trust it. 

How many teams in the league are not in serious trouble if they lose their starting QB? I’d say just the teams that don’t have a franchise QB (with or without a man bun).

2 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

Thought Bills fans were somewhat mature. I see you are a child that is butthurt I questioned the QB room in Buffalo.

I'll take J-Love all day over Case Keenum. So would you in a honest moment.

Again, save your trolling for someone else. I ignore immaturity and complete ignorance.

Very cute. Obvious, but cute. 

I’d prefer a young QB to an aging QB who admits he’s not fully committed to the sport and is on a series of three one year deals. Oh, and he demanded the most money possible, handcuffing the team from improving the roster to…..ya know…..WIN! 

I’d prefer a guy with actual NFL experience as my backup, not the guy who was drafted to replace the guy, but couldn’t earn the job. 

I enjoyed the locals when I went for the Green Bay game a few years ago. They would say “welcome to Wisconsin!” Most of them were very classy. But there are always exceptions. Have a nice life. 

19 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

Thought Bills fans were somewhat mature. I see you are a child that is butthurt I questioned the QB room in Buffalo.

Again, save your trolling for someone else. I ignore immaturity and complete ignorance.

Whats “J-Love” ever done? 

1 hour ago, PackerNation said:

The actual "ideal" QB and his Padawan

images-9.jpg.6318aabd57dada62dd054b9302773562.jpg

The present and future at QB is bright in Green Bay.  

I don't know that I like the QB room in Buffalo. A aging Case Keenum is not going to win games if Josh Allen goes down to a injury. Matt Barkley is on his way to getting cut from what I've been told.

Wait, I must have missed seeing Love show anything, much less in a real NFL game (and believe me, I was pulling for him in that KC game!).  Even if he were to somehow pan-out, it's unlikely to be in Green Bay.  Love's contract runs out at the end of 2023 and they have less than a year from now to exercise his 5th year option (of at least $20M).  The problem is he likely won't be getting much playing time this season to determine whether he's worth it and if he does, will he play well after they traded-away one of the best WRs in the NFL and let-go of their 2nd best (Watson is unproven) WR?  And they can't cut Rodgers before 2024 without incurring a massive cap hit.  They won't franchise or transition tag him, meaning he's likely to leave in FA after 2023.

On 7/16/2022 at 8:30 AM, Doc said:

Josh is the ideal QB.  He just needs the rest of the team to match him catch up.

Fixed

52 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

Nathan Peterman has a better completion to interception ratio than "J-Love"

4 hours ago, PackerNation said:

I would never normally respond to reactions, but why the "eyeroll" simstim?

You feel great with Case Keenum as the backup? All I am saying is that the QB room in Buffalo may need to be looked at.

I am now going to go out of my way to eyeroll every one of your posts that I come across.

On 7/16/2022 at 3:11 AM, LeGOATski said:

Disagree. One leg is clearly longer than the others...

And Zach Wilson should be no part of it.

On 7/16/2022 at 7:57 AM, StHustle said:

and mentioned in a way that makes “the best possible qb” have on a Zach Wilson jersey 🤮 I think it had to be a Jets fan who made this

It's mainly a joke, as evidenced by referring to Josh Allen's manhood, Garner Minshew's mustache, and Justin Herbert's hair.

They're poking fun of the Jets HC referring to Zach Wilson as a "Dawg" on multiple occasions.

9 hours ago, PackerNation said:

Case Keenum is one of the best, most proven, backup Quarterbacks in the NFL (and he is only 34, which for Quarterback - especially one who has never relied on a huge arm or his legs - is not really on the decline... he went 2-0 as a starter last year). 

Jordan Love may, or may not, become something. He certainly has the physical talent, whether he can put it all together is the question. So I am not knocking Love - but absent of having a 1st round Quarterback on the bench what would you suppose a team like Buffalo do?

So a serious question: Okay, you'd take Love over him... how many of the other backup Quarterbacks in the NFL would you take over Keenum? 

Here is PFN's recent list of projected backups.... now you'd take issue with where Love is ranked I'm sure (I'd probably agree with you as well) but let's leave him aside for a second.... PFN has Case Keenum 8th. I'd argue he is better than Dalton is now (he has never been the same since tearing ligaments in his throwing hand in 2018 with Cincy) and Tyrod (and made that argument when Tyrod was our Quarterback too in case you are about to accuse me of being a homer)... but let's go with 8th for the sake of argument. Who else would you put above him? 8th is a top quarter of the league backup. He has won playoff games. It is as good a backup position as we could realistically hope for I would argue... short of having a 1st rounder sitting on the bench - which is a luxury if you have it. 

Ask folks around here the years we rolled with Matt Barkley as our premier backup (2019 & 2020) I did argue repeatedly that the Quarterback room was one Josh injury from disaster. It is not that with Case Keenum. 

9 hours ago, PackerNation said:

Brian Gutekunst's job is to sustain the success of the franchise. He found a very good QB and drafted him. Any good GM will tell that the worst time to draft a QB is when you are desperate for one.

And to demonstrate that I am not coming at this as any kinda troll or butt hurt homer - this is an argument I have made many times on this board. I have defended the Packers drafting Love many times. Whether he works out ultimately, or not, it was good strategic decision. If you really like a young Quarterback and you have a guy in his mid-30s then you should take the guy you like if he gets to you. 

Edited by GunnerBill

12 hours ago, PackerNation said:

The actual "ideal" QB and his Padawan

images-9.jpg.6318aabd57dada62dd054b9302773562.jpg

The present and future at QB is bright in Green Bay.  

I don't know that I like the QB room in Buffalo. A aging Case Keenum is not going to win games if Josh Allen goes down to a injury. Matt Barkley is on his way to getting cut from what I've been told.

You got kicked out of the Packers forum when you posted this and decided to try it around this forum?

9 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Diggs likes Keenum, good enough for me. Rumor has it Keenum will start the first 8 games to allow NFL teams a chance to hang with the Bills in 2022. When week 10 rolls around Allen is back to finish off the season, 10-0.

This math aint mathin...

7 hours ago, Nelius said:

There's got to be a joke that I'm missing with the Zach Wlson inclusion. No way that was serious considering the rest of it.

I believe it’s because he’s been banging his mom’s friend. So yes a joke.

4 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

Let me make this real easy for you. Would a team offer you a 3rd round pick for Case Keenum? No, they would not. The Packers have received several offers for J-Love. There are in no way interested in trading him. 

Sorry? Did you read my post? 

I said what would you rather a team like Buffalo does, absent the luxury - i.e. that the Packers have - of having a 1st round pick on the bench? Of course Jordan Love has a higher trade value than Case Keenum. I am not one of those writing off Jordan Love on the basis of one game. I still think his future is to be determined. Nor was I saying Keenum > Love. I was saying Green Bay has the luxury of having a 1st round QB on the bench. 

You said the Bills QB room needed work. My point in response was to ask what work do you think it needs? Do you think they should draft a 1st round QB next year to backup Josh? If not who are the better options - as a backup - than Case Keenum? There is at most half a dozen or so. 

Edited by GunnerBill

49 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

Let me make this real easy for you. Would a team offer you a 3rd round pick for Case Keenum? No, they would not. The Packers have received several offers for J-Love. There are in no way interested in trading him. 

The Packers received trade offers but nothing very high.  Much less a 3rd rounder.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

Should have went after Andy Dalton before the Saints nabbed him as their backup. 

You have a much higher opinion of Case Keenum than most of the rest of the planet. Glad you feel comfortable staying in the hunt if Josh goes down. 

Yes, I feel good about J-Love now, and even more so in the future. Have you ever seen J-Love throw a football? Absolute cannon. He just needs to play. That's the only thing holding him back. This preseason will show a lot of J-Love's development. 

Keep in mind that if the Packers raise another Lombardi this year, Aaron may decide to go out on top. The Packers are good either way. 

Present and future set at QB in Green Bay. Many teams wish they had Green Bay's QB situation. 

All I am saying is that if I was Bills fan I would not feel great about the Bills chances if Josh goes down.

I have said nothing negative about Jordan Love. I liked Love coming out. I think his story is far from written. So not sure why you keep coming at me with the Love stuff. 

As for Dalton - I totally disagree. He has been bad since he tore hand ligaments in 2018. People who suggest him as an option haven't seen him play much in recent times IMO. And I have been saying this for 2 years. People think Andy Dalton is the same Andy Dalton that made the playoffs 4 years in a row. He isn't. He tore the ligaments in his throwing hand. And I don't have a higher view of Case Keenum than most of the planet. I have already proven to you that he is recognised by most people as a top Quarter of the league backup. 

My question was what else should the Bills have done and you responded with Green Bay are set present and future. What? Okay, I have tried to engage with you I give all posters the benefit of the doubt but you are a troll. 

3 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

Thanks for your reporting that is based on nothing factual in any way. Just because you write something does not make it factual. And you lose all credibility when you lie or listen to mere speculation by clowns like Packer hater Florio or Rapoport. 

Jon-Eric Sullivan(right hand man of Brian Gutekunst) has said that during the draft and after the Packers received several offers of at least 3rd rounders.The Packers have zero in interest in trading J-Love. Not interested even if someone offers a first rounder.

LOL!  So your source is the Packers' GM's right hand man?  Good one.  

And yeah, they should hold onto him to see if he develops.  Might as well since his contract is guaranteed.  But as I said above, the most likely outcome is he leaves after 2023 because Rodgers is still around.

Just now, PackerNation said:

Name 3 credible sources that recognize Case Keenum as one of the top backups in the league. Maybe the 12th best or lower. Maybe. I'm sorry that your team is screwed if the starter goes out, but that is just the reality of the situation. 

Not as screwed as the Pack are if Rodgers goes down.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

Name 3 credible sources that recognize Case Keenum as one of the top backups in the league. Maybe the 12th best or lower. Maybe. I'm sorry that your team is screwed if the starter goes out, but that is just the reality of the situation. 

Did Keenum sleep with your mom or something?  What did he do to you to spur this crusade against him where you feel the need to get into (one sidedly) vitriolic arguments about him on another team's forum?

That or...oh right...troll.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

CBS has him 7th

Pro Football Network has him 8th

USA Today has him in their top tier (which is 4 guys)

So that isn't "the reality" at all. He is a top 8 sort of backup. Personally I think I'd rank him 6th - but everyone agrees he is in that top tier of backups. Except a troll who unprompted comes onto a Bills board to talk about the Green Bay QB room. Makes a comment about the Bills QB room that he alleges is a legitimate debating point and then backs away from it as soon as you start debating and just makes ridiculous statements. 

If Keenum is 12th best, who are the 11 better backups? 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.