Super Bowl. — The Commercials

djp14150

9:04

- Jeff Bezos is apparently designing electric cars, and taking over the world with them

- EToro, More Crypto, but how are they mining anything if they're using all the electricity for cars?

- T-Mobile 15-second musical

- A movie with Owen Wilson they thoughtfully placed on Peacock away from me

1 hour ago, Ralonzo said:

Being an Electric SUV I think there is a limit of being able to haul 3 Tonys with it. Maybe 2 if one of them is Fat Tony.

7:33

- Rocket Homes Barbie. Where’s Blackrock Bob with the 50k over ask offer

- Disney plus dressing goats in high heels and fishnet stockings, Hey it’s 2022 anything goes right?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cx50_yMMo2s/UW-rpZ5MstI/AAAAAAAABb8/CF16dQFhT5w/s1600/goat+in+boots.jpg

- Annual WeatherTech ad

Yeah, I loved the Sopranos show, but it seemed like a weird connection for selling an electric pickup truck. It’s really about the star power, but funny to me regardless. I don’t expect the peak of electric truck sales to be in urban New Jersey, or the average buyer to be a Sopranos fan. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Yeah, I loved the Sopranos show, but it seemed like a weird connection for selling an electric pickup truck. It’s really about the star power, but funny to me regardless. I don’t expect the peak of electric truck sales to be in urban New Jersey, or the average buyer to be a Sopranos fan. 

You don't want to rely on an EV when you're upstate digging a hole.

Screen+Shot+2016-06-24+at+00.08.38.png

9:11 is locals, beer break, pee break.

• Haha (+1) 2

9:34

- Eugene Levy has yet to address the caterpillars crawling across his forehead while shilling for Nissan

- Taco Bell clown world. Del taco ftw anyway

- Hellmann's 

Just now, The Jokeman said:

Jarod Mayo the new Terry Tate.

Mayo. Hellmann's. Now I get it.

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I think these commercials are better than normal

I don’t pay much attention to the commercials, but I didn’t love any of them. The game turned out to be exciting at the end. My point was more to the garbage (IMO) halftime show. Since I’m not at the stadium, I don’t need that much time to refresh my drink and hit the head. Rap and disco should be tied together, and flushed forever. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t pay much attention to the commercials, but I didn’t love any of them. The game turned out to be exciting at the end. My point was more to the garbage (IMO) halftime show. Since I’m not at the stadium, I don’t need that much time to refresh my drink and hit the head. Rap and disco should be tied together, and flushed forever. 

I never listen to the half time show , but play death metal over it and pretend they are singing it 😂😂

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

lol @ a COVID “home testing lab”.   Good grief.

Did you see the small print?  Something like "not authorized by the FDA for home use" disclaimer. 

3 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

- Rakuten who used to be buy.com but decided Rakuten is easier to remember

It was also ebates.com in a previous life.  I use it, make some decent money with it.  

3 hours ago, muppy said:

Great city car. Not great for long distances of over 250 miles. Batteries in the loop to produce 1000 Miles that would be AWESOME-m

m

I have to disagree with both of these statements. I have had an EV (Tesla) over 18 months and I primarily drive it long distances…not locally. Superchargers everywhere on the east coast. Quick stops every 4 hrs of driving.
i am selling my Tesla next week because the 4680 batteries will be deployed in Teslas later this year. These batteries will reduce car weight, add 25% mileage increase, and enable quicker re-charge. It will be more difficult to sell mine once these are released. Actually sold mine for more than I paid. Will purchase another Tesla once new battery is out & chip shortage is over. But 1,000 mile battery range is still quite a bit of time from commercial production.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Commercials were absolutely awful. Electric cars etc . “ trust electricity” . Might be the worst batch ever , even worse than the last Rams SB. 

27 minutes ago, Stanley Lombardi said:

The commercials looked like C or C+ for an 8th grade video project.  

I wrote this earlier in the thread before the game was over, but there was nothing I saw all night that I enjoyed, will remember, or would want to watch a second time.

Now that the game is over, I would repeat the same.

The commercials used to be funny, or clever, or huge and cinematic in scope in quality, and you wanted to talk about them the next day and see them again.

I don't recall it being that way in probably at least 5 years now.

Add the commercials to the list of reasons why the SB is now totally over-hyped and overrated.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I wrote this earlier in the thread before the game was over, but there was nothing I saw all night that I enjoyed, will remember, or would want to watch a second time.

Now that the game is over, I would repeat the same.

The commercials used to be funny, or clever, or huge and cinematic in scope in quality, and you wanted to talk about them the next day and see them again.

I don't recall it being that way in probably at least 5 years now.

Add the commercials to the list of reasons why the SB is now totally over-hyped and overrated.

That is because you and I are no longer the target market. Once you are outside the coveted 18-30 range, or whatever it is these days, your opinion no longer matters. 

• Like (+1) 1

Everything remotely entertaining tonight once again hearkened back to a little 80s 90s nostalgia.  

Sopranos 

Jurassic World bringing back the Goldblum

Austin Powers 

Verizon Cable Guy

Barbie Doll House - I saw He-Man and Skeletor 

Dolly Parton

Halftime show was underwhelming but if you liked it and many did - 90s 

Everything else shocker - not funny, sucked.  

Oh and how could I forget...

Defense still wins championships

4 hours ago, Mr Info said:

I have to disagree with both of these statements. I have had an EV (Tesla) over 18 months and I primarily drive it long distances…not locally. Superchargers everywhere on the east coast. Quick stops every 4 hrs of driving.
i am selling my Tesla next week because the 4680 batteries will be deployed in Teslas later this year. These batteries will reduce car weight, add 25% mileage increase, and enable quicker re-charge. It will be more difficult to sell mine once these are released. Actually sold mine for more than I paid. Will purchase another Tesla once new battery is out & chip shortage is over. But 1,000 mile battery range is still quite a bit of time from commercial production.

thank you for your reply. I found an article which describes some rad new ideas regarding this topic https://www.pocket-lint.com/gadgets/news/130380-future-batteries-coming-soon-charge-in-seconds-last-months-and-power-over-the-air

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.