Joe Brady for QB Coach? [Now Hired]

Rubes

No idea who that is...

EDIT: Former Panthers OC, interviewed recently with Bears for an unspecified position but apparently might not be taking it...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/01/report-bears-interviewing-joe-brady-for-spot-on-coaching-staff/

Edited by Rubes
  • Like (+1) 6

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I just heard this from Bears twitter. They’ve been trying to get Brady as OC.

But they already hired Luke Getsy for that position...

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I know, they wanted Brady

Interesting. Can't say I know anything about him or whether this would be a good move, so I need other people to tell me how I should feel about it.

• Like (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, Rubes said:

No idea who that is...

EDIT: Former Panthers OC, interviewed recently with Bears for an unspecified position but apparently might not be taking it...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/01/report-bears-interviewing-joe-brady-for-spot-on-coaching-staff/

The problem Brady is having getting what he wants is that everyone in college knows he wants to be in the pro's...........and doesn't want to recruit...........otherwise he would get a huge deal as a college OC.

Everyone in the pro's knows he sucked as an OC at Carolina.

So while it seems like a step back.......taking a QB coach job with a Bills team that.........if they play their personnel cards right this offseason.........could end up as one of the all-time scoring offenses in NFL history certainly makes sense.

Offensive goal for 2022......38 points per game. 

• Like (+1) 11
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Rubes said:

Interesting. Can't say I know anything about him or whether this would be a good move, so I need other people to tell me how I should feel about it.

I agree it would be a “get-right” move but I also feel like Dorsey might be one of those guys who could be a HC candidate next year if the offense looks great. Brady would be a good option to succeed him if so and would be familiar with the personnel. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree it would be a “get-right” move but I also feel like Dorsey might be one of those guys who could be a HC candidate next year if the offense looks great. Brady would be a good option to succeed him if so and would be familiar with the personnel. 

Good point, hadn't considered that. Not sure I envisioned Dorsey getting a HC position after one year as OC, but I guess if we blow the doors off of everyone anything is possible.

16 minutes ago, Rubes said:

No idea who that is...

He was the former LSU OC for Burrow and just got fired in Carolina from the same position but most felt he was Ruhle's scapegoat.

Dude is legit. And would give us a backup if Dorsey doesn't work out or gets a HC job somewhere. Always build the pipeline.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Good point, hadn't considered that. Not sure I envisioned Dorsey getting a HC position after one year as OC, but I guess if we blow the doors off of everyone anything is possible.

Zac Taylor was the Rams QB coach was hired as Bengals HC. He was never a coordinator at any level. 

• Like (+1) 2

I would love this move.  To the OP, Brady helped groom Burrow into what he is today.   He was the OC for the best college football offense I can remember.  Brady helped me

win a small boatload of cash that I’ve been losing in the book since.  

he might not be a good OC atm, but he’s only 32 and might just need the right mentoring and more  experience to get things right. 

• Like (+1) 3

I love this - but I’m so confused.  Brady is on a trajectory to be HC somewhere.  Not sure what happened in Carolina - but I feel like a QB coach is a huge step down for him.  I would have expected him to take an OC at someplace like Michigan or something (if there is a coaching change) - not a QB coach job here.   This is probably a one year thing…but glad to have him. 

Just now, JimBob2232 said:

I love this - but I’m so confused.  Brady is on a trajectory to be HC somewhere.  Not sure what happened in Carolina - but I feel like a QB coach is a huge step down for him.  I would have expected him to take an OC at someplace like Michigan or something (if there is a coaching change) - not a QB coach job here.   This is probably a one year thing…but glad to have him. 

Love this move. 

And it's a good move for him. Young coach with OC experience working with one of the best offenses in the NFL. He's probably an OC again as soon as next season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.