ESPN Top 50 Free Agents

Royale with Cheese

It’s just not worth talking about specific free agents until March.  So many will be re-signed, especially the top ones.  Nothing has shaken out yet.  Now is the time to look at our roster and determine where our holes are, which FAs we should re-sign and which players aren’t living up to their contracts.

The other places to look are on rosters with new coaches.  There might be some opportunities there for trades and with high turnover due to rebuilds.  

• Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I trust Beane to be careful and not go crazy with contracts. If you want sustainable success you can't just sign every name. You have to find value. The worst thing that can happen is to think we have to go all in. We don't. We have the most important piece to contend with for a long time.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5

2 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Can’t really comment. Insider links aren’t very helpful. 

Every time I see an ESPN insider article linked I have the same thought: Someone paid for ESPN insider?

I mean, show me someone who pays for ESPN insider and I’ll show you someone who puts ranch on their wings.  🤭

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 14
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

To me Scherff is the guy who ties this o-line together. And you have to think he is looking for a change and wanting to win. Andrew Norwell makes sense too, as a guy just below Scherff. 

DJ Chark would add a different dynamic, and his still young with upside coming off an injury again. 

If we get away from the small slot guy, Mike Gesicki, PSU guy with upside. I hate him, because he always makes plays against us, so go get him. two tight end sets, with he and Knox would create an interesting Dynamic, along with Diggs and Davis...those are some big, fast weapons. 

• Like (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

To me Scherff is the guy who ties this o-line together. And you have to think he is looking for a change and wanting to win. Andrew Norwell makes sense too, as a guy just below Scherff. 

DJ Chark would add a different dynamic, and his still young with upside coming off an injury again. 

If we get away from the small slot guy, Mike Gesicki, PSU guy with upside. I hate him, because he always makes plays against us, so go get him. two tight end sets, with he and Knox would create an interesting Dynamic, along with Diggs and Davis...those are some big, fast weapons. 

I think Schreff is excellent, however he will be extremely expensive. I'd take Conner Williams at a lower price. If Mitch Morse calls it quits as is being speculated...Bradley Bozeman is a great target. Austin Corbett has versatility to play G/C. Another less expensive "good get" IMO. 

I am with you on Chark. I think he's got real potential to break out on this offense. Gesicki was criminally under used in Miami. 

That's provided any of those players even see the FA market, of course. 

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Who do you guys want?  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/33133108/top-nfl-free-agents-2022-ranking-best-50-players-potentially-market-offseason

What do you guys think about JC Jackson!  If you can't beat them...join them?

It requires ESPN+.  Please don't copy/paste the entire, but could you give a bit of a summary on who you consider notable?

12 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Give me Xavier Rhodes or Kyle Fuller and use the draft to draft o-linemen and a speed WR/RB weapon for Josh. 

Kyle Fuller was beyond terrible in coverage last season.  He’s a solid tackler though…..I’d rather have Levi back

31 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

It’s just not worth talking about specific free agents until March.  So many will be re-signed, especially the top ones.  Nothing has shaken out yet.  Now is the time to look at our roster and determine where our holes are, which FAs we should re-sign and which players aren’t living up to their contracts.

The other places to look are on rosters with new coaches.  There might be some opportunities there for trades and with high turnover due to rebuilds.  

If Payton leaves NO that might be an opportunity.

Panther’s don’t have a second or third round pick.

We have a guy in NY we might do business with on a Giants team that could be blown up.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Every time I see an ESPN insider article linked I have the same thought: Someone paid for ESPN insider?

I mean, show me someone who pays for ESPN insider and I’ll show you someone who puts ranch on their wings.  🤭

You can't afford $5 a month?  You can't find 20 quarters in your couch or car??

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You can't afford $5 a month?  You can't find 20 quarters in your couch or car??

I think so lowly of ESPN that I’ve never looked at what it cost.  Literally any amount of money is too much for their “Insider” content IMO.  However I’m happy to support sites I deem of value.  ESPN just isn’t one of them. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If we have the chance on a one year deal.... I'd consider bringing back Gilmore.  Tre and Gilmore can play such good blanket coverage, force teams to throw inside where Edmunds has length, and could give us a best in the NFL secondary.

I know we can play zone a lot as well, but Gilmore is a steroid Levi Wallace

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I trust Beane to be careful and not go crazy with contracts. If you want sustainable success you can't just sign every name. You have to find value. The worst thing that can happen is to think we have to go all in. We don't. We have the most important piece to contend with for a long time.

Yea.. I prefer Beane's approach than say the Rams.  Maybe they win it all this year, but if they don't, they have a really small window.  

Beane put a team out there, without mortgaging the future, that would be on track for the Super Bowl if not for an end of game coaching meltdown.   By continuing this method, we should have a contender year in/year out for the next decade. 

• Agree 1

chandler jones could have been the difference in a few games this year, including the sadness explosion on sunday.

id grab clowney and jones on short contracts, would be huge upgrades on houghs and addison.

we could use an OG, TE2, and some kinda speed on O.  we need another corner, but i think we can get one kinda late in the draft.

the real value tho is one single pass rusher who can get the job done.  its what we are missing

48 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I think Schreff is excellent, however he will be extremely expensive. I'd take Conner Williams at a lower price. If Mitch Morse calls it quits as is being speculated...Bradley Bozeman is a great target. Austin Corbett has versatility to play G/C. Another less expensive "good get" IMO. 

I am with you on Chark. I think he's got real potential to break out on this offense. Gesicki was criminally under used in Miami. 

That's provided any of those players even see the FA market, of course. 

To me Scherff has made a ton of money already. I am not saying he will come cheap, but I don't think he is looking to become the league's highest paid guard. I think he's the kind of guy who will want to find the right fit and win. Just my guess with no actual proof. High RAS score guy, who is an elite player. He's they guy I would pursue in this class. 

I don't love Conor Williams. I never really liked his game. But if they are turning the corner to going after high RAS guys, then Williams fits. He is long and tall, but lighter and athletic. He also holds a lot. But there is upside there. He is still very young and came out raw. 

If we are talking a young guard with upside, James Daniels is the guy. High RAS score. He was extremely young coming out and has since put on weight and gotten bigger and stronger. Extremely up and down career so far because of injury, but he's ready to lift off imo

Corbett and Boseman are interesting guys, I like Bozeman more, but those are the types of guys teams like the Jets over pay for. 

I get there isn't a ton of money, but I think they get an o-line upgrade and a receiver upgrade. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

If we have the chance on a one year deal.... I'd consider bringing back Gilmore.  Tre and Gilmore can play such good blanket coverage, force teams to throw inside where Edmunds has length, and could give us a best in the NFL secondary.

I know we can play zone a lot as well, but Gilmore is a steroid Levi Wallace

Well, Gilmore is finally a former Panther, so that just may work

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Who do you guys want?  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/33133108/top-nfl-free-agents-2022-ranking-best-50-players-potentially-market-offseason

Who do I want

Devantae Adams or JuJu Smith Schuester. 

15 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you want me to start a GoFundMe page for you?

I find it very odd that you insist my issue with not wanting to support EsPN is over $60 a year and not the mind numbingly poor content offered by them.  Are you projecting you own financial struggles?  Are you blowing too much of your income on your ranch dressing habit?  If so, check one of your tubs for a ranch addiction help line. 

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Who do you guys want?  

I gotta imagine JC is going to be looking for a massive payday. So I think he’s off the table. And overall I like our corners. Wallace filled in really well as the number one. And Dane Jackson as a second year guy wasn’t too bad.

I was pissed in the last game though that Dane had his hand on the back of Hill for what looked like really no reason at all. Just asking for a flag though. Which he got. But he’s young and will hopefully learn.

I am pretty concerned about White coming back from an ACL injury though. I would think with the amount of Cutting in quick reactions cornerbacks have to do ACL injuries are the hardest for them to come back from.

35 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I find it very odd that you insist my issue with not wanting to support EsPN is over $60 a year and not the mind numbingly poor content offered by them.  Are you projecting you own financial struggles?  Are you blowing too much of your income on your ranch dressing habit?  If so, check one of your tubs for a ranch addiction help line. 

What are you thoughts with ranch on pizza?

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

1. Of those "Top 50" MAYBE 20 will actually hit the market.

2. Did I say 20? More likely 10-15.

3. JC Jackson will not live up to a FA contract. He's not as great as he's made out too be...and will be vastly overpaid by someone IMO

He's a great corner. I disagree. He would be great to pair with White. But I do think he will be too expensive, and if New England lets him go their defense will be much worse.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.