The PFF "worm has turned" about Josh Allen

Hapless Bills Fan

PFF gains credibility with me when they change their opinion after seeing new information.  The last two weeks have opened the eyes of a lot of these people.  It is a reminder that we focus on the Bills and Allen in a way that most of the so called "experts" don't.   But in the playoffs they're all watching and Allen did this to a Belecheck defense in near zero degree conditions and then followed it up by going toe to toe with Mahomes in Arrowhead stadium.

• Agree 1

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

PFF gains credibility with me when they change their opinion after seeing new information.  The last two weeks have opened the eyes of a lot of these people.  It is a reminder that we focus on the Bills and Allen in a way that most of the so called "experts" don't.   But in the playoffs they're all watching and Allen did this to a Belecheck defense in near zero degree conditions and then followed it up by going toe to toe with Mahomes in Arrowhead stadium.

He really looked like a different QB than he looked in last year's AFCCG.

IMO.

Then there's this:

WTF were Dak and the Cowboys practicing?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Success said:

I can't recall feeling worse for an athlete who ended up on the losing side.

Just everything a human being can give. 

No moral victories, certainly - but Allen has a lot of new fans today (who aren't Bills fans).

Yup… I live down south and see my UGA/Clemson friends on social media posting about how great Josh Allen is.   

He may have to wait for his Super Bowl, but he made the jump to elite in the eyes of America last night. 

I know we all knew he was elite, but elite guys have that “moment” where the country sees them as such.   That was his moment. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

IMO.

Then there's this:

WTF were Dak and the Cowboys practicing?

Their typical ineptitude.

Kellen Moore for Bills OC, amirite?? After all, he was a college QB...and QB Coach!!!

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

IMO.

A big part of it was him accepting (sometime this year) that it's okay to take the check down--you don't need to make the big throw every time.  Once he started doing that, he became nearly unstoppable.  I said a few times that the only person who can stop Josh Allen is Josh Allen, and I think he's passed that guy now...

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

IMO.

Yes he did. Just like he looked like a completely different QB in last seasons wildcard weekend win over the Indy Colts then he did in the previous years game at Houston.

Allen's growth has been flat out amazing. I'm not sure we fully appreciate the work he's put in to get better.  And the amazing thing is that he's not done.  I think starting next year the baseline Allen game will be awesome and he may only have one or two (at most) clunkers during the regular season.  And his clunkers won't even be really bad games.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Success said:

I can't recall feeling worse for an athlete who ended up on the losing side.

Just everything a human being can give. 

No moral victories, certainly - but Allen has a lot of new fans today (who aren't Bills fans).

I wrote in another thread that I believe, when it comes to football, there isn't anything that can stop Allen from achieving whatever he wants to achieve. His history shows that. It also shows his journey has been less about success than the adversity and doubt he has faced in achieving it. It is a part of what makes him special and why he is a perfect QB for this team and this city. Last night was just one more instance of adversity in his journey. I have no doubt he will eventually achieve what he wants to achieve here. It is just who he is.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

Can we really grasp what we have in Allen? Sometimes I have to shake my head because we quite probably are on a path to having one of the Greatest Qbs of this Era. And he is all Ours. We have nailed down the Most important position  in the Game..

Romo made a great comment last night that once Josh and Mahomes learned to attack the 2 High Shell they have become unstoppable.

And Credit to Josh, He will head out this off-season  and work with Jordan Palmer to continue to refine his game even more. 

I had Friends all last night from some who follow other teams to I didn’t even know they were interested , just keep texting me how Exciting it is watching him Play ball. 

Go read some other forums of teams during these playoffs and many have realized the mountain they now face.  The Standard in the AFC are these two Quarterbacks and how to keep up with them.

We no longer are having to push blame to Josh for silly mistakes or chances. He has earned our trust and respect. Now the onus is being on pushed onto our coaches and Gm who have to step up and not hold him back.

I take Josh at Face Value when he says this really hurts. We know he wants the Ring as bad as us. It will come, and that day will be oh so sweet. 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Can we really grasp what we have in Allen? Sometimes I have to shake my head because we quite probably are on a path to having one of the Greatest Qbs of this Era. And he is all Ours. We have nailed down the Most important position  in the Game..

Romo made a great comment last night that once Josh and Mahomes learned to attack the 2 High Shell they have become unstoppable.

And Credit to Josh, He will head out this off-season  and work with Jordan Palmer to continue to refine his game even more. 

I had Friends all last night from some who follow other teams to I didn’t even know they were interested , just keep texting me how Exciting it is watching him Play ball. 

Go read some other forums of teams during these playoffs and many have realized the mountain they now face.  The Standard in the AFC are these two Quarterbacks and how to keep up with them.

We no longer are having to push blame to Josh for silly mistakes or chances. He has earned our trust and respect. Now the onus is being on pushed onto our coaches and Gm who have to step up and not hold him back.

I take Josh at Face Value when he says this really hurts. We know he wants the Ring as bad as us. It will come, and that day will be oh so sweet. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 4

I’m semi-serious when I say this but at what point does Jordan Palmer just say “Dude I took you as far as I can take you. You’re on another level and can do things I can’t explain let alone teach.” If Allen’s limit is Allen, then he’s going to have to invent new QBing himself cause he’s in uncharted waters. He may revolutionize the position when it’s all said and done.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

I’m semi-serious when I say this but at what point does Jordan Palmer just say “Dude I took you as far as I can take you. You’re on another level and can do things I can’t explain let alone teach.” If Allen’s limit is Allen, then he’s going to have to invent new QBing himself cause he’s in uncharted waters. He may revolutionize the position when it’s all said and done.  

In all seriousness, he needs to practice a bit more in windy conditions to judge the throws into the wind. Beyond that... if he could bottle his playoff performance there is nothing realistic to improve. However it was only a few weeks ago he had a passer rating of 17. I am sure there is some film study from the season to use.

• Like (+1) 1

Josh got his spotlight and he shined… this is huge. May not even realize how big this is. JA17 put the NFL and America on notice…..

next season, we will get the benefit of doubt. We will get the national games. The refs are going to give Josh that “extra” protection that we see Brady & Mahomes get. Josh will be able to ask for a flag and they give it to him. Refs will let our line hold just a little bit more than the opposing team to protect QB1. Everyone will want to watch Josh in the playoffs, probowl, super bowl.

I am pumped about next year 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PRBills said:

Josh got his spotlight and he shined… this is huge. May not even realize how big this is. JA17 put the NFL and America on notice…..

next season, we will get the benefit of doubt. We will get the national games. The refs are going to give Josh that “extra” protection that we see Brady & Mahomes get. Josh will be able to ask for a flag and they give it to him. Refs will let our line hold just a little bit more than the opposing team to protect QB1. Everyone will want to watch Josh in the playoffs, probowl, super bowl.

Commentators will start gushing when he makes an amazing play, instead of just crediting Daboll or nitpicking something. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

Sometimes the best coaching job is to be able to sustain an athletes or teams performance.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

image.thumb.png.60a38442cfff06091148f2ade1660900.png

For those of us that believed in this kid and knew he had this kind of talent from the moment he looked different in the preseason in Cleveland in 2018…

This is about as big an I told you so about a player as there’s ever been freaking Blake Bortles never dealt with the criticism this kid has gotten

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ray Stonada said:

He’s incredibly improved over last year’s playoffs.

It looks like he is able to “will” things to happen when he needs a play. A la Brady, Montana, Mahomes, and a few other quarterbacks in history. 

It bodes incredibly well for the Bills.

The 4th and 13...

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

25 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

You make a good point and that might be the case . Josh may find something like back shoulder throws or something along that line he just wants to keep working on.

From my point of view I would like Palmer to keep an eye on his footwork just to make sure old habits don’t creep up like relying on just his arm at times. But that’s just nitpicking as Josh can just be Josh and do whatever the heck he wants. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

@Hapless Bills Fan, it's weird -- today I checked out the PFF home site for the first time (i've always gotten there via links to various stats/ratings). It's basically ... a straight-up gambling site. Very weird. But then again the NFL spends most of its energy promoting gambling these days.

I just checked pff.com.

There's no gambling. A bit of advice for gamblers but mostly various sports info. Am I missing some secondary site or something?

33 minutes ago, PRBills said:

I'm envious.

I'll get there in a month or so, but right now just depressed.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

I just checked pff.com.

There's no gambling. A bit of advice for gamblers but mostly various sports info. Am I missing some secondary site or something?

I'm envious.

No no no no… Don’t get it twisted, i have been manic ALL day, as far as even getting choked up at one point. Im trying my best to be optimistic 

i had told myself last night i was going to avoid this place for at minimum a week as I would not be able to handle all of the negativity… I couldn’t stay away, and honestly after reading some of (majority of) the posts today, i CHOSE to look at all of the positives and what we have to build on. I feel like next year we have NO EXCUSES 

49 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

I just checked pff.com.

I'm envious.

Seemed to be a ton about bets for me, but what do I know -- i regard gambling as boring and as a poor tax. https://www.pff.com/.

1 hour ago, Best Williams Available said:

Just remember, Palmer teaches him fundamentals and habits to succeed.  Obviously you're coach is rarely close to your level, if he was he would be playing. 

Palmer can also help Josh get better at those things that only Josh can do.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Southern_Bills said:

So hard to look at Allen's stats and know he had to go home. 

Extremely frustrating you can't find a way to win with that QB play. 

What else is he expected to do?

Our quarterback achieved and played “championship caliber”, which McDermott likes to spout off and they plastered it all over the training facility a few weeks ago. Now we just need our coaching staff to actually achieve championship caliber. The coaches have frequently left a lot to be desired in last years and this years playoff games. 

There are going to be A LOT more Bills fans in the near future and I'm sure there already are, probably since the '19 Cowboys game when American got its first taste of JA17.   But what he showed everyone last night was just unbelievable.  I'm literally at a loss for words to accurately describe what I witnessed. 

Like a previous poster said we may have just glimpsed a new floor for Allen.  He's risen to a new level and we know he never stops doing everything he can do to get better and better.  Look at the difference between this game and last years AFC championship.  It's like two different QB's.  He's just now really putting it all together.  My goodness next season is going to be so interesting.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.