Honestly what do you do moving forward?

Milanos Milano

It is probably time to move on from Hughes. Probably Star as well, although he may be tough to replace. Beasley and Sanders should go too, McKenzie can fill in the Beasley role, we have Davis, and can find another WR for cheaper.

They need a play wrecking player on the D-Line. Oliver and Phillips are both looking very good, and I can see those 2 taking another big step next season. Need someone on the end though. Wish they can get someone like Khalil Mack. I think Von Miller and Clowney are UFA.

In the draft, they will probably need to really consider getting a CB in the first round. They also need to start thinking about passing the torch with the Safeties and grooming someone before Hyde/Poyer are gone.

Are we still freaking out about the OL? They seemed to kind of find a groove later.

I like the way Singletary looked the last 5 games or so. Hopefully he can maintain that progression. This version of Singletary, plus some sort of ultra speedy RB threat who can catch passes would be lethal.

I wouldnt hate a Lee Smith style un-sexy blocking TE

Is it time to start to be open to trading 1st and 2nd round picks for the short term gains? It seems that teams can do this and also maintain success (Rams). Typically those players are valuable with the rookie deals, but we arent getting great mileage out of those high picks as of late.

*edit:  They traded a 1st for Diggs, forgot about that

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

Ding ding we have a winner.  We swung last year in the draft and maybe hit a single.  Time to take another whack at it.  Clear cap space and buy or trade for one. 

I would give anything for an elite pass rusher next year. Replace Addison with even an above average DE yesterday and I think we win.

Just now, HappyDays said:

I would give anything for an elite pass rusher next year. Replace Addison with even an above average DE yesterday and I think we win.

I agree.  Wreck one drive—just one—with a timely sack and we win.  Believe it or not, I’m into the Jordan Phillips idea if AZ cuts him loose.  He has no anchor, but he’s a cheap idea to pair with Oliver on passing downs.  

Get a star linebacker and pass rusher. Edmunds is good depth, but he's not a game changer or even worthy of his draft status. I know he's young still, but he has almost zero impact. Also, get a good number 2 corner. Wallace is decent, but we need to add good depth at that position. Lastly, maybe never play prevent defense ever again 

4 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Ding ding we have a winner.  We swung last year in the draft and maybe hit a single.  Time to take another whack at it.  Clear cap space and buy or trade for one. 

Pittsburgh and their elite defense is at home.

KC and its historic bad defense is about to play in its 4th straight AFC title game. 

The Rams, Beangals and Chiefs all have average to below average Defenses and yet all three are playing next weekend.

• Like (+1) 1

there is a road map to fixing the roster

1. get a true middle linebacker who can make plays sideline to sideline and it willing to engage in the play vs Edmunds who avoids contact.  Get a true stud there and that starts to affect all levels of the D

2. Find another CB to start opposite White who can shutdown guys.  

3. Get younger and faster on the edges

4. Fire Fraizer and bring in Fangio.  Fangio is a great D coordinator who will be aggressive in all situations.  The 49ers were dominate when he was the guy running their D

5.  Upgrade on Beasly to a younger faster version

Fix those 5 things 

• Like (+1) 1

I’m not sure there is a complicated answer or solution required.  The team that you have is good enough to have won that game.  

of course you’ll look to improve in the draft, in FA, and evaluate everything like all teams do.

Yiu could not possibly ask your elite QB to do more than he did.  That was an incredible effort.  If the Bills win that game, this goes down as the masterpiece in Allen’s legacy.  It still should anyway.

Allen is too good not to break through and win a Lombardi.  I’m more sure of that today than I’ve ever been.  

This off season will be slow and bitter, but good things are coming.    

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

Pittsburgh and their elite defense is at home.

KC and its historic bad defense is about to play in its 4th straight AFC title game. 

The Rams, Beangals and Chiefs all have average to below average Defenses and yet all three are playing next weekend.

Fair enough.  You want to invest in offense.  It’s a reasonable approach.  Chris Jones ruined that in last year’s AFCCG.  I want a guy who can do the same thing.  And I’d also like to be off of 22 points 58 minutes into the game.  So maybe you and I are in the same spot there.  

10 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Hughes and Addison are gone. Trade up in the draft or in free agency and get this team an elite pass rusher.

1 minute ago, streetkings01 said:

Hughes and Addison are gone. Trade up in the draft or in free agency and get this team an elite pass rusher.

That’s the name of the game.  Get someone who can wreck Pat Mahomes’s day.  And draft an s-load of speed on the other side of the ball. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I would cheat the priority to the OL before another good CB, but agree another CB could/should be a huge priority in the draft! 

The WR situation is going to change too.  We need more speed and we need to find ways to get some f-ing YAC.

Josh had the worst YAC stats in the NFL this year.

Yep.

The biggest difference between the Chiefs and Bills is that Mahomes can dump the ball down to Kelce and it can become a 30 yard play and he can dump it to Hill and it can become a 50-60 yard play.

Nobody on the Bills can do either.........they are a station-to-station passing attack.

All the people talking about improving the defense..........how is the Chiefs defense any better than the Bills?

It ain't.

The difference between the two teams is playmaking ability in the passing game on offense.

I can't believe I can finally say this..........but Allen is the better QB than Mahomes...........but the Bills offense needs to get to the point where they don't need Allen smashing into defenses to sustain drives............running should still be part of his game but they need A LOT more RAC from their receiving corps.    A LOT.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 7

12 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Our offense is already legit. I mean sure we could use some more o-linemen. But we already punt nearly the lowest in the league. Keep drafting defense? We have wasted how many picks there already. Go after FAs? We are already near cap space. It’s so frustrating. I’m the the point where we need to get another star CB as an insurance policy and maybe someone dedicated to be able to guard TEs, and then also focus on o-linemen. If we draft another DE or DT at this point I’m going to be disappointed. 

Need running back(s) for sure.  Running Allen as much as they need to now is going to bite them in the ass down the road.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I’m not sure there is a complicated answer or solution required.  The team that you have is good enough to have won that game.  

of course you’ll look to improve in the draft, in FA, and evaluate everything like all teams do.

Yiu could not possibly ask your elite QB to do more than he did.  That was an incredible effort.  If the Bills win that game, this goes down as the masterpiece in Allen’s legacy.  It still should anyway.

Allen is too good not to break through and win a Lombardi.  I’m more sure of that today than I’ve ever been.  

This off season will be slow and bitter, but good things are coming.    

Truly kind of you to say, but I'm still rooting for the Bengals.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

The same thing I do after every Bills loss -- drown my sorrows in alcohol and THC. 

Oh, you meant with the Bills roster.  Mostly more of the same IMO.  We're going to need a WR or two to replace Sanders and probably Beasley.  We need a RB to replace Moss and push Singletary -- I'm not sure that he should be our long-run answer at that position.  On defense, it's great that we're getting Tre back but I think we still need another CB for depth if nothing else.  Otherwise I would just keep putting draft picks into the lines.  And a new P.  

Edited by BillsFanSD

12 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

What direction do we go? More pressure on QBs or better coverage? At this point how much better can be make the offense, we already dominate people there. Sure we can get some more linemen to help sustain more drives, but we are already one of the best in the league to do so. So incredibly frustrating. 

more pressure on the QB makes your secondary better. We had lots of good secondary play yesterday, but Mahomes had enough time to find an open guy. If Bruce Smith or even Mario Williams is on this team, it's probably a different outcome. There definitely isn't a Smith available, and there probably isn't a player near Mario's level either, but I think you have to try to find one, or create it through innovative scheme.

12 hours ago, colin said:

How do von Miller and ingram get singed and make impacts on playoff wins for teams, but we keep trotting out our old over paid trash and no impact young guys?

Getting a guy, or a replacement corner or both and even with these Moron losers coaching we are hosting the afc chip game.

Bad coaching and no play makers on d.

Need a pass rusher, replace Edmunds he's just not good, and corner upgrade would help

We need to clean house with all the Carolina Panther garbage we accumulated,  4 YEARS AND IT HAS NOT WORKED!!!   Beane overpaid these guys and they all under performed by a mile except for A.J. Klein.  I don't care what the outcome is the Carolina Panther and  Beane connection with this Bills team is part of this teams problem.   You try and bring in talent from another team when the were only average players.  Then you pay them Premium to way above average salaries and what it gets you is a soft defense, and a unreliable D.  You can't stop the run, to many mistakes, underperformance.  Can't rush the Quarterback or sack them.  It's absolutely unreal the money we spent on Star, Addision, Butler, Norman,  Unreal...  Complete waste of money...  A lot of these guys are gone but the remaining members of this list should be shown the door with their walking papers

FB Mike Tolbert
DE Ryan Davis
WR Philly Brown
CB Leonard Johnson
WR Kaelin Clay
QB/ST Joe Webb
WR Kelvin Benjamin
S L.J. McCray
S Dean Marlowe

DT Star Lotulelei
WR Kaelin Clay
DT Robert Thomas
QB Derek Anderson

S Kurt Coleman
CB Captain Munnerlyn
WR Ray-Ray McCloud III

CB Josh Norman
DT Vernon Butler
LB A.J. Klein
EDGE Mario Addison

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Im sure there are teams that have a HC vacancy that hope we’re dumb enough to fire McD.

It’s honestly such a terrible take.

He needs a warning to upgrade his coordinators. Daboll flashed last week but went back to his not trusting Allen to get it done until he had to. The 3 & out with 3 runs when you have Allen at qb is inexcusable. A defensive Coorinator who doesn't have a clue how to close out 13 seconds is ridiculous. Changes need to be made, the players on D certainly can't trust Frasier to lead them to their best. Bean needs to do a better job with talent as well, stop being scared to trade late round picks. Von Miller could have been the difference last night, there were other players available that could have helped.

13 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

We need to clean house with all the Carolina Panther garbage we accumulated,  4 YEARS AND IT HAS NOT WORKED!!!   Beane overpaid these guys and they all under performed by a mile except for A.J. Klein.  I don't care what the outcome is the Carolina Panther and  Beane connection with this Bills team is part of this teams problem.   You try and bring in talent from another team when the were only average players.  Then you pay them Premium to way above average salaries and what it gets you is a soft defense, and a unreliable D.  You can't stop the run, to many mistakes, underperformance.  Can't rush the Quarterback or sack them.  It's absolutely unreal the money we spent on Star, Addision, Butler, Norman,  Unreal...  Complete waste of money...  A lot of these guys are gone but the remaining members of this list should be shown the door with their walking papers

FB Mike Tolbert
DE Ryan Davis
WR Philly Brown
CB Leonard Johnson
WR Kaelin Clay
QB/ST Joe Webb
WR Kelvin Benjamin
S L.J. McCray
S Dean Marlowe

DT Star Lotulelei
WR Kaelin Clay
DT Robert Thomas
QB Derek Anderson

S Kurt Coleman
CB Captain Munnerlyn
WR Ray-Ray McCloud III

CB Josh Norman
DT Vernon Butler
LB A.J. Klein
EDGE Mario Addison

Beane absolutely deserves no free pass any longer. This list is gross. 

Ok Mafia!   Everyone is upset- we can't sleep, we want to puke, and smash our TV's

Hopefully I can provide some perspective on all aspects of the team, and have healthy dialogue with you all.  Maybe it will make me feel better!

Perhaps Bullets are the way to go.

• Josh Allen- is a Beast!  Great on the Field and Great off the Field ( A True Leader)  We are lucky to have him as our QB1
  • Brandon Beane is a solid GM but will need to really dig deep and make some tough choices.... Like move on from Tremaine Edmunds by 2023 or Trade him!
  • Sean Mcdermott- is also a solid coach but needs to continue to grow and evolve.  Despite our D giving up 500+ yards, I truly believe that he is the reason we lost this game, or his lack of communication with Leslie for that last :13 seconds.  They need to be held accountable from Pegula's ( Im not saying fired lol... Sean will never be fired, but that was some of the worse coaching and in game management ever... its rivalling Mike Mcarthy which is a complete embarrassment.
  • Brian Daboll- has really helped Josh Allen and is a solid play caller-  he will be the coach of the Giants or another team and I wish him well!
  • Leslie Fraser- seems to be an amazing human being, mentor and teacher.  He is obviously a solid coach but not elite in scheming the right defence at the correct times or against certain opponents.   I am dumb founded and sick of that last :13 seconds.  It was beyond futile.  I am sure the Bills Coaching staff is also sick but that cannot happen.  Everyone needs to do their part, and the coaches let the team down...   I am 50/50 on whether Leslie should be fired and we go in another direction.  
  • Dorsey- Should easily just pivot into the Offensive Coordinator position and with his great relationship with Josh, we should not miss a beat
  • Diggs- is a Dawg and an un real WR 1  - WE are blessed to have him.... I am curious why he was completely shut out of this past game though?  We couldn't contain Tyreek Hill... is the Cheetah just that much better then everyone else??
  • Gabe Davis- Complete Baller and was great and UCF.  Should be our #2 for next decade!
  • Cole Beasley- Awesome player and great guy.... Time to move on however
  • Isaiah Mckenzie- Solid player with dynamic speed, tough cover for opposing defence.  Get him more involved in 2022 and beyond
  • E. Sanders-  Great player for a long time and provided great value to the WR room this season,  we can move on however
  • Oline- Still needs to be upgraded,  once Bates came in the rotation the Oline was at its best... so we have our starting 5, but we should look at drafting a solid Centre for Josh ( Mitch played well at times this year but not getting any younger)
  • TREMAINE EDMUNDS- Man, I want him to be good!  I want him to be great like Luke Kuechly thought he would be, but fact is Tremaine started to drop in the first round his draft year before the Bills traded up to draft him... Why did he drop?  Instincts were in question if you read draft reviews.  Tremaine has not been good, and Im so disappointed to say that from my perspective he has been awful (a lot) We should trade him or just move on from him.  Liability! especially against good teams with good team speed on Offence.
  • Tredavious White-  Solid player and actually a little overrated in my opinion.  He was awful last year in AFC Championship Game and looked to drop off a little before his injury.  Still a solid CB and will be on team for duration of contract.
  • Matt Milano-  Enigma really!   Some games excellent and some games just average/poor.  Both Tremainde and Milano were targeted by chiefs as they don't feel their that good (especially in coverage)  Kelce had his way with Milano.   If you look at the last play with :08 seconds left- Milano is standing in the middle of the field doing absolutely nothing, he actually peeks to the other side on the snap instead of instantly bleeding towards Kelce side!!  Where do you think Mahomes is going in that situation??  Hardman???   Horrible Play but a non elite player- i guess we will just have to live with him but in elite situations, against elite competion cross your fingers and close your eyes.
  • Ed Oliver- Getting better and better each game.. if he can continue his improvement we have a stud in the middle of the D Line
  • Hyde and Poyer-  Solid Tandem in the middle,  I am sour on them because of this loss so maybe I shouldn't say too much.... its kinda funny from my perspective... They are both all pro's and both not pro bowlers.  Seems crazy... but maybe that's the truth...  don't love their speed
  • Greg Rousseau-  Decent rookie year.. would have liked to see more consistent growth over the season and get more pressure on a consistent basis. I think he will be good!
  • Other DB,s-  I just think we need to draft a solid corner with speed (Period)  Our current guys are decent but we need an upgrade!
  • BASS- good solid young kicker.... looked a little un trustworthy at end of season...  but hopefully he can progress and become elite.

Listen guys!  Everyone is wondering how do we beat the Chiefs??   Honestly, why not offer KC (3 first round picks) for Tyreek Hill.   Don't laugh... If the Chiefs did this (which they may not even consider) the Bills would be unstoppable.  Other option is to draft lots of Speed at WR and Linebacker!!!   

Would love some dialogue? 

Im sick and can't believe we lost!  I am torn.... OUR COACHES BLEW IT!!!!!   *PERIOD*

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

We did give up 42 points, but those 13 seconds were on the coaching staff as well. If we want to win, we have to play better defense, some of which I place on our scheme, we don't attack enough IMO. One of the issues I had this past off season was the pass rush, while it was fine we drafted Greg and Boogie we could have signed any of the FA DEs and we didn't - there were a couple I was pounding the table for. Relying on rookies to develop enough to help the pass rush was unlikely...

We have 2 All-Pro safeties who had to take on larger roles without Tre

Why didn't we squib? Was it on the Coaches or did Bass mess up and kick it too hard? Why did we take our defensive times outs and give them the space they had (i posted above)

He's right you know!!!

6 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

He needs a warning to upgrade his coordinators. Daboll flashed last week but went back to his not trusting Allen to get it done until he had to. The 3 & out with 3 runs when you have Allen at qb is inexcusable. A defensive Coorinator who doesn't have a clue how to close out 13 seconds is ridiculous. Changes need to be made, the players on D certainly can't trust Frasier to lead them to their best. Bean needs to do a better job with talent as well, stop being scared to trade late round picks. Von Miller could have been the difference last night, there were other players available that could have helped.

Ordinarily, ownership would tell the HC he's not meeting expectations.  Particularly after re-signing Allen to that mega-contract.  But the Pegula's are lost in space and don't know their a$$ from a hole in the ground.

As for the DC...he's merely an extension of the HC...I'm not sure why people think Frazier acts independently because he calls the defense McD demands.  The OC, well, I think they can do better but it's not the most pressing concern anymore.  Not with an elite QB doing what he does.    

The HC is letting down the entire organization.  Whereas Allen's upped his game, the HC still has the same brain freezes in-game when it matters most.  

Whatever off-season review they conduct should start with McD, but I doubt it'll happen.  Guy's too arrogant and has too much authority to ever blame himself.  But the evidence is there for everyone to see after last night.  He's a passive HC who plays up the faux aggressive personality he projects. 

9 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

A warning? Kinda like when you get pulled over for a broken headlight? “Get it fixed or else” type of thing?

I wouldn’t expect McD to force major changes despite what some people are hoping for.

1 minute ago, BillsVet said:

Ordinarily, ownership would tell the HC he's not meeting expectations.  Particularly after re-signing Allen to that mega-contract.  But the Pegula's are lost in space and don't know their a$$ from a hole in the ground.

As for the DC...he's merely an extension of the HC...I'm not sure why people think Frazier acts independently because he calls the defense McD demands.  The OC, well, I think they can do better but it's not the most pressing concern anymore.  Not with an elite QB doing what he does.    

The HC is letting down the entire organization.  Whereas Allen's upped his game, the HC still has the same brain freezes in-game when it matters most.  

Whatever off-season review they conduct should start with McD, but I doubt it'll happen.  Guy's too arrogant and has too much authority to ever blame himself.  But the evidence is there for everyone to see after last night.  He's a passive HC who plays up the faux aggressive personality he projects. 

You are 100% correct. But I know they won't get rid of the HC so someone needs to pay for this debacle and maybe McSackless will learn something from this abortion performed last night.

13 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Our offense is already legit. I mean sure we could use some more o-linemen. But we already punt nearly the lowest in the league. Keep drafting defense? We have wasted how many picks there already. Go after FAs? We are already near cap space. It’s so frustrating. I’m the the point where we need to get another star CB as an insurance policy and maybe someone dedicated to be able to guard TEs, and then also focus on o-linemen. If we draft another DE or DT at this point I’m going to be disappointed. 

CB LB and speed at WR to replace Beasley

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

A warning? Kinda like when you get pulled over for a broken headlight? “Get it fixed or else” type of thing?

I wouldn’t expect McD to force major changes despite what some people are hoping for.

If Bean likes his job it would behove him to stress to McSackless that this was not acceptable and repercussions will be forthcoming if it happens again. But you are right, it's probably not going to happen.

4 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

If Bean likes his job it would behove him to stress to McSackless that this was not acceptable and repercussions will be forthcoming if it happens again. But you are right, it's probably not going to happen.

You sound ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

You sound ridiculous. 

And you sound like a fool. The man underperformed at his job and his decisions directly affected the outcome and you don't think there should be any repercussions for that. Its your kind of foolish thinking that keeps a losing mentality going forward. Just keep doing the same thing going forward and maybe next time it will work out. Doesn't surprise me, your takes have been terrible for years so why would that change now? Just like hoping the Bills will improve by wishing for it instead of having a plan to do so.

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think they have to hope for some more development from their young pass rushers on the edge and they have to upgrade at corner. You can't match up to KC with Dane Jackson and Levi Wallace. 

And then you have to go back to work. Not blow games against bad teams early in the year and make sure that the AFCCG is in Buffalo next year and you are there as the #1 seed. 

There will be lots of reactionary calls for firings but that isn't what I'd do. Calmer heads need to prevail.

In fairness...........Tre White couldn't matchup to KC last year in the AFCCG either.   Hill ran circles around him when it mattered.   I don't think CB is a big priority but they need to keep finding some later in the draft and hopefully find their own JC Jackson.     

To me.........despite the OL improving late in the season..........it's still about making the supporting cast around Allen better so that he doesn't have to be a battering ram to sustain drives to make it look like they are an explosive offense.    They are not.    They are currently a station-to-station offense with an explosive QB.

Defensively, they need to get a finishing pass rusher..........like Khalil Mack as some have mentioned already..........and find an instinctive and cost effective long term replacement for Tremaine Edmunds in the middle.    

I couldn't help but wonder what those Mahomes scrambles would have looked like if a then seasoned edge playing Edmunds would have been out there chasing Mahomes around rather than the old men and rookies they had at DE yesterday.   That ship has likely sailed.   It's time for some people to admit that he's just not ever going to be worth $15M-$20M per year as a MLB........and that being the case it's time to turn the page before he goes from a disappointingly modest positive on D to a big liability on the cap ledger. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

And you sound like a fool. The man underperformed at his job and his decisions directly affected the outcome and you don't think there should be any repercussions for that. Its your kind of foolish thinking that keeps a losing mentality going forward. Just keep doing the same thing going forward and maybe next time it will work out. Doesn't surprise me, your takes have been terrible for years so why would that change now? Just like hoping the Bills will improve by wishing for it instead of having a plan to do so.

What foolish thinking are you referring to exactly? Can you be specific? 

The irony of you accusing someone of having terrible takes is pretty funny though. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.