Honestly what do you do moving forward?

Milanos Milano

4 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

I honestly don’t see how we recover from this TBH. This was a real bad heartbreaking loss. I hope I’m wrong. But this loss is worse than last year. This was our best opportunity to win the SB. Especially with Brady and Rodgers already out of it. 

Coaching staff blew a golden opportunity. 13 seconds smh. This loss is going to be felt for a very long time

We will recover lol. We got destroyed last year by the chiefs, we had them this time but that 13 seconds cost us, but they will learn from this.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Honestly, no. The only thing that stopped the offense tonight was Daboll taking the ball out of his best player's hands. Last week we had a perfect offensive game. What next level is there? The defense on the other hand lacks game changers. We needed one elite play from them tonight and we didn't get it.

The next level I’m thinking about is scoring 40 on a regular basis and not having Allen running the ball like Earl Campbell.

• Like (+1) 1

Our offense was unstoppable in two playoff games. I think the focus has to be on the defense who gave up 552 yards to the Chiefs including 182 on the ground. If the point of last off season was to catch up to the Chiefs, I don’t see how it is any different this year. Gotta get better on defense. Won’t beat the Chiefs until they do. 

• Agree 1

Just now, JerseyBills said:

RB and C 

Factual 

Jerry is actually right on the $ here

He has his moments, but he is correct here

Our C is fine when he doesn't have to cover for the LG as we have seen the last few weeks and the run game looks better. I wanted Etienne because I wasn't loving our RBs, but Singletary showed up the last part of the season. Spencer Borwn at RT made a big difference as well.

59 minutes ago, damj said:

Get a stud OL, RB and LB and load up on CBs.

Would love to find someone stupid enough to trade for Edmunds ... but at any rate, we need an upgrade there

Is the OL something you need to spend on?  The CBs seem to be fine.  RB doesn’t need heavy investment in outside the draft.

sure draft a LB.  buffalo drafts at 25. 29-32 are final four. 25-28 were this weekend eliminated. Buffalo was worst of those eliminated this weekend.

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Beast said:

The next level I’m thinking about is scoring 40 on a regular basis and not having Allen running the ball like Earl Campbell.

Allen showed tonight and last week that he doesn't need to run.   He's developed great field vision and decision making recently and has become an outstanding pocket passer

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Hanging 50 on the Chiefs is also an option with this QB. Totally agree with your point but you also need to naturally keep up with offensive attrition and continue to arm the eff out of Allen every single year moving forward. 35-40 pts is the baseline in a game like this so yeah I think you do need to constantly improve the offense. Maybe air out KC instead of trying to stop them.

I hear you but we probably could have hung 50 on them tonight with better play calling on a few critical drives. We failed to convert two 3rd downs where Allen handed the ball off. The Chiefs wrecked a couple of our drives because Chris Jones and Melvin Ingram and Frank Clark made game changing plays. That was the difference in this game, not offensive talent. CB was also a huge problem tonight. Jackson was brutal all night and Wallace whiffed his coverage on the final throw to Kelce in regulation. Those are real upgrades that could have made a tangible difference in this game.

3 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Our offense was unstoppable in two playoff games. I think the focus has to be on the defense who gave up 552 yards to the Chiefs including 182 on the ground. If the point of last off season was to catch up to the Chiefs, I don’t see how it is any different this year. Gotta get better on defense. Won’t beat the Chiefs until they do. 

No one stops a healthy Chiefs team.  We did exactly what we had to do:  outscore them.   What we need is better situational game management from the coaches to not blow a win in 13 seconds.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

I don't care if Allen runs the ball that often. I prefer it when he runs. He is unstoppable when he runs and passes as well as he did tonight. I think we would have scored 40 if Daboll hadn't been an idiot on a couple drives and then OT wouldn't have been an option.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Billznut said:

We did beat them this year and should have beat them tonight, much better than last year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, harryS said:

No one stops a healthy Chiefs team.  We did exactly what we had to do:  outscore them.   What we need is better situational game management from the coaches to not blow a win in 13 seconds.

Well they aren’t going to fire McD. So I would guess the way they are going to try and improve the team going forward is through player acquisition.  So going with that, I’d say they better focus on the defense who was embarrassingly bad tonight and will need to be better in the future against the Chiefs and any other great offense they come up against. 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I don't care if Allen runs the ball that often. I prefer it when he runs. He is unstoppable when he runs and passes as well as he did tonight. I think we would have scored 40 if Daboll hadn't been an idiot on a couple drives and then OT wouldn't have been an option.

Yep 

Just now, HappyDays said:

Agreed, Allen doesn’t really seem to take a beating.  Hell, he knocked two of the Chiefs’ DBs out of the game tonight.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

He has his moments, but he is correct here

Our C is fine when he doesn't have to cover for the LG as we have seen the last few weeks and the run game looks better. I wanted Etienne because I wasn't loving our RBs, but Singletary showed up the last part of the season. Spencer Borwn at RT made a big difference as well.

Ya Brown upgrades 2 positions. RG and RT

We just need more speed all around.  

I wanted Hutchison , the DE Cincy signed.

More speed on O and a consistent pass rush

29 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I think Levi Wallace is excellent depth at DB!  Doesn't mean we can't add another though.

I had very high hopes for Rousseau--he's a bust too.

Our DL drafting has been brutal.

I would like to think improving Edmunds will be a top priority, but I do NOT think it will be.  In fact, I'm not sure they think he's a problem.

Beasley will be gone--I feel strongly about that one.

I agree with a lot of your names.

So Wallace has grown on me. Could be better, but in most cases we could do a lot worse. I’d like to keep him. 

The thing is, I thought Dane Jackson is about as good as Wallace. So do you extend Wallace in a year we are tight against the cap when we get similar production out of somebody else? 

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

We did beat them this year and should have beat them tonight, much better than last year.

They “should” have tackled better. It was the worst defensive performance of the year Id say. Giving up 42 points and 552 yards. The Chiefs are good. We had no answer whatsoever tonight to slow them down. Gotta improve the defense for 2022 big games next year. Defense needs someone that can sack the qb. They have no one who does that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.