Honestly what do you do moving forward?

Milanos Milano

Random musings…

Dump our DEs, they are old, overpaid, and provide no real pressure. Sign someone who can.

LBs- Attempt to trade 48 while people think he has value.
DT- Resign 99, Dump Star and sign an impactful big man who plays more than 9 games a year.
OL- Sell off Ford for a pick, never let Bobby Hart anywhere near our facility ever again
RB- draft high enough for some competition to Moss, I think Singletary earned an RB1A but we still need speed at this role

stop wasting a game day RB spot on Taiwan, it cost us a giant return in the KC game…. 

Draft - draft a guard, a CB2 for once, draft a big man DT, another wr, another Speed rb 

Wrs- McKenzie to a 2 year deal for the slot. Approach Cole about a restructure to add an extra year to his deal or dump him too because his speed  and agility isn’t there anymore and $9 million is too much for his 5-8 yard plays that can be replaced by other players. I would love to keep #1 for another year but if he retires I would spend his money on a vet CB and leave Stephenson in the lineup since Gabe has earned his #2 spot. 

Lastly cut Tommy Sweeney and find a real 2nd TE

Edited by Locomark
  • Agree 1

Again, nothing is certain in this league. There is no guarantee the Bills will be any better or even as good next year. That's what makes this such a blown opportunity. It's going to be difficult to get better overall personnel. My advice, don't blow games like Pittsburgh, Jacksonville and Tennessee so you get home field throughout. Going through a #1 or #2 seed's home field is never a good approach.

• Like (+1) 2

Starters that I think will be gone:

- Mitch Morse (retire)

- Feliciano (maybe, low dead cap)

- Daryl Williams (maybe, low dead cap)

- Cody Ford

- Hughes (retire)

- Addison

- Star Lotulelei (retire)

- Vernon Butler

- Emmanuel Sanders

- Cole Beasley or McKenzie (probably only keep one)

- Mitch Trubisky

- Zach Moss (will have to earn his job in training camp)

It's a tall order to replace the above, I would also like to add:

- Better depth CB than Wallace (probably not happening)

- A replacement for Edmunds

- Speed back mid-rounds, better than Breida

- Pass rush from somewhere?! Who will replace Addison and Hughes? I have hope for Rousseau, but Epenesa seems like a bust and I don't know what to think about Basham (he's been a healthy scratch a lot of the year).

37 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Fire Mcdermott. He's out of his league with a winning team. Anyone that disagrees is delusional. 100% coaching. 0-6 in 1 score games 

Im sure there are teams that have a HC vacancy that hope we’re dumb enough to fire McD.

It’s honestly such a terrible take.

• Agree 2

We have to do something. We can’t just keep losing to KC in the playoffs every year. 

Just now, Bangarang said:

Im sure there are teams that have a HC vacancy that hope we’re dumb enough to fire McD.

Is it though? Coaches have won Super Bowls with much much much worse talent than a team like the Bills. It’s just sad. I think McDermott is good enough, but man talk about depressing. 

43 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

We don’t blow games we should win so we can be the #1 seed and be at home. Lost some games in the reg season that cost us. 

THIS!!!!!! We don't lose that game at home. The Jags and Pitt game cost us home field. Hopefully yet another(and final PLEASE) lesson for this team to have to learn going forward.

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Imagine not winning a super bowl with a talent like Josh Allen, that in itself is embarrassing. Imagine winning a super bowl with a Trent Dilfer or Joe Flacco. The fact that Belichick got as much as he did out of Jones is an accomplishment. 

in order to win a suer bowl with Josh you first have to beat the even better mahommes. 

47 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Trade our first rounder for a bonifide superstar linebacker to go with Milano. Get rid of Edmunds. 

Cut the old weight on this team - Hughes, Addison, Beasley, etc. 

Fire Frazier if no one hires him. 

If I see one more idiot defend Edmund's I'll punch you in the face.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

We have to do something. We can’t just keep losing to KC in the playoffs every year. 

Is it though? Coaches have won Super Bowls with much much much worse talent than a team like the Bills. It’s just sad. I think McDermott is good enough, but man talk about depressing. 

Yes, it really is. McD is easily a top 10 coach in the league. Those don’t grow on trees. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Hahaha okay,  enjoy losing games we should win! The just happy to be here mentality is so embarrassing. Have fun jumping through a table.

7 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

- Mitch Morse (retire)

- Cody Ford

- Hughes (retire)

- Addison

- Vernon Butler

- Emmanuel Sanders

- Mitch Trubisky

It's a tall order to replace the above, I would also like to add:

- Better depth CB than Wallace (probably not happening)

- A replacement for Edmunds

- Speed back mid-rounds, better than Breida

- Pass rush from somewhere?! Who will replace Addison and Hughes? I have hope for Rousseau, but Epenesa seems like a bust and I don't know what to think about Basham (he's been a healthy scratch a lot of the year).

I think Levi Wallace is excellent depth at DB!  Doesn't mean we can't add another though.

I had very high hopes for Rousseau--he's a bust too.

Our DL drafting has been brutal.

I would like to think improving Edmunds will be a top priority, but I do NOT think it will be.  In fact, I'm not sure they think he's a problem.

Beasley will be gone--I feel strongly about that one.

I agree with a lot of your names.

4 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

- Mitch Morse (retire)

- Cody Ford

- Hughes (retire)

- Addison

- Vernon Butler

- Emmanuel Sanders

- Mitch Trubisky

That's like a wish list of cuts. Except Mitch. He's a good backup QB. And can we add Edmunds to the list please?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.