Honestly what do you do moving forward?

Milanos Milano

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I somewhat agree with this, but we have waste 2 years of drafts and FAs and tied up a bunch of cap space on minimal results. Not having White has hurt, but we need another legit CB. I’m to the point where I don’t think we have the ability to evaluate defensive talent. Just keep drafting speed WRs and let Allen cook so we don’t have to punt. 

I would make a big splash this offseason. Trade for Khalil Mack if he's available. Or Danielle Hunter at least. Too many times tonight DEs had their hands on Mahomes and couldn't bring him down. We need a game wrecker on defense to take this team to a championship level.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Need better tackling on defense I don't know how you improve that bur it has been bad all year.

Need better pressure. Watching QBs escape our rush game after game and our DEs skate around on ice is brutal.

corner back play and speed needs improvement

Line play needs improvement

Need two younger receivers And a speed RB

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

After watching tonight's game I don't know how anyone thinks adding offense will help us beat the Chiefs. Sure we could use another playmaker but that isn't going to stop Mahomes and Hill and Kelce from getting 40 yards in 10 seconds. We need a CB and a pass rusher. And a play caller that knows who the best player on the field is.

So, are you saying this offense couldn’t reach another level with our own Tyreek Hill or Deebo Samuel?

Josh laid it on the line tonight and all season. As much of a weapon as he is I would be just fine not seeing QB sweeps with him running over defenders.

Time to really ramp this show up. We have the best player in the NFL. Let’s protect him and surround him with more weapons.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Fangio is a great DC would love him here, see ya Frazier.

Absolutely 

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I would make a big splash this offseason. Trade for Khalil Mack if he's available. Or Danielle Hunter at least. Too many times tonight DEs had their hands on Mahomes and couldn't bring him down. We need a game wrecker on defense to take this team to a championship level.

We could probably get either of those players for some draft capital… has to be a thought 

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Fangio is a great DC would love him here, see ya Frazier.

He played KC incredibly well, and this year didn’t it with no linebackers you’ve ever heard of (everybody was injured),  Chubb gone for most of the year, Miller traded…  if I were the Bills, I might make a move to bring Vic in…. He plays bend don’t break but does it very well… 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beast said:

So, are you saying this offense couldn’t reach another level with our own Tyreek Hill or Deebo Samuel?

Josh laid it on the line tonight and all season. As much of a weapon as he is I would be just fine not seeing QB sweeps with him running over defenders.

Time to really ramp this show up. We have the best player in the NFL. Let’s protect him and surround him with more weapons.

I mean sure, we could draft or trade for another Hill or Samuel type, but that is going to cost a bunch of money. Money we have wasted on subpar defensive players. 

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

After watching tonight's game I don't know how anyone thinks adding offense will help us beat the Chiefs. Sure we could use another playmaker but that isn't going to stop Mahomes and Hill and Kelce from getting 40 yards in 10 seconds. We need a CB and a pass rusher. And a play caller that knows who the best player on the field is.

Hanging 50 on the Chiefs is also an option with this QB. Totally agree with your point but you also need to naturally keep up with offensive attrition and continue to arm the eff out of Allen every single year moving forward. 35-40 pts is the baseline in a game like this so yeah I think you do need to constantly improve the offense. Maybe air out KC instead of trying to stop them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I mean sure, we could draft or trade for another Hill or Samuel type, but that is going to cost a bunch of money. Money we have wasted on subpar defensive players. 

Do our best to find one in the draft. Imagine a Tyreek Hill on our offense? I know they don’t grow on trees but they aren’t some unicorn either.

Edited by Beast

Say GB doesn’t franchise tag Davante Adams. Say be signs with the Bills. Is that the route we should go? We would then have Diggs Adams Davis McKenzie. 

Just now, Beast said:

Do our best to find one in the draft. Imagine a Tyreek Hill on our offense?

Davante Adams is a FA, we should target him. Other wise draft a WR like WanDale Robinson. 

• Agree 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

The problem is that shootouts are coin toss games, quite literally as we found out tonight. I don't want to hear anymore about this supposed #1 defense. It still isn't anywhere near good enough. Offenses need an elite QB and a couple other good players to be elite. Defenses need an elite player at each level, front middle and back. We have one elite player who unfortunately tore his ACL. But that still isn't good enough to stop Mahomes.

We did give up 42 points, but those 13 seconds were on the coaching staff as well. If we want to win, we have to play better defense, some of which I place on our scheme, we don't attack enough IMO. One of the issues I had this past off season was the pass rush, while it was fine we drafted Greg and Boogie we could have signed any of the FA DEs and we didn't - there were a couple I was pounding the table for. Relying on rookies to develop enough to help the pass rush was unlikely...

We have 2 All-Pro safeties who had to take on larger roles without Tre

Why didn't we squib? Was it on the Coaches or did Bass mess up and kick it too hard? Why did we take our defensive times outs and give them the space they had (i posted above)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Say GB doesn’t franchise tag Davante Adams. Say be signs with the Bills. Is that the route we should go? We would then have Diggs Adams Davis McKenzie. 

Davante Adams is a FA, we should target him. Other wise draft a WR like WanDale Robinson. 

Ah. I’m thinking more of a just flat out track star that can play some football. McKenzie is Hill-lite…very lite.

1 minute ago, B-Large said:

He played KC incredibly well, and this year didn’t it with no linebackers you’ve ever heard of (everybody was injured),  Chubb gone for most of the year, Miller traded…  if I were the Bills, I might make a move to bring Vic in…. He plays bend don’t break but does it very well… 

I remember Fangio at Stanford and he had some very creative blitzes. We beat the chiefs too but they fixed those problems during the season like we did.

I think we should have stayed aggressive on offense all game. After we scored the first touchdown we weren't try to push the ball over the middle were we made a lot of our big plays. Those drives were we punted early cost us too.

I honestly don’t see how we recover from this TBH. This was a real bad heartbreaking loss. I hope I’m wrong. But this loss is worse than last year. This was our best opportunity to win the SB. Especially with Brady and Rodgers already out of it. 

Coaching staff blew a golden opportunity. 13 seconds smh. This loss is going to be felt for a very long time

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

We did give up 42 points, but those 13 seconds were on the coaching staff as well. If we want to win, we have to play better defense, some of which I place on our scheme, we don't attack enough IMO. One of the issues I had this past off season was the pass rush, while it was fine we drafted Greg and Boogie we could have signed any of the FA DEs and we didn't - there were a couple I was pounding the table for. Relying on rookies to develop enough to help the pass rush was unlikely...

Why didn't we squib? Was it on the Coaches or did Bass mess up and kick it too hard? Why did we take our defensive times outs and give them the space they had (i posted above)

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

I’d like to Josh’s wheels hit the road 2-3 times a game, max… or on occasion in the playoffs when he trucks someone… but other that that, he’s gonna get hurt, or wear and tear will catch up to him.

• Like (+1) 1

-A DE who disrupts consistently 

-A very good RB

-One more good, young WR

-One more legit TE

-Lower the overall age of the roster

-Speed, speed & speed, especially on D. 

We have a solid defense, but lack speed overall. 
I like our receivers overall ( we must re-sign Davis), but the yards after catch for KC tonight had to be way more than ours. We don’t have WRs that break many tackles.   
Singletary is OK, but a big RB, who can still move, would save wear & tear on Allen. 

8 minutes ago, Beast said:

Honestly, no. The only thing that stopped the offense tonight was Daboll taking the ball out of his best player's hands. Last week we had a perfect offensive game. What next level is there? The defense on the other hand lacks game changers. We needed one elite play from them tonight and we didn't get it.

RB and C 

3 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Factual 

Jerry is actually right on the $ here

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.