Honestly what do you do moving forward?

Milanos Milano

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

This is why it’s imperative to draft another stud CB. We need insurance policies there. I’d go CB, OG, OG with the draft. 

I would cheat the priority to the OL before another good CB, but agree another CB could/should be a huge priority in the draft! 

The WR situation is going to change too.  We need more speed and we need to find ways to get some f-ing YAC.

Josh had the worst YAC stats in the NFL this year.

• Like (+1) 5

In the middle of the game, Bills O-line struggled.  Last few weeks they looked real good, but not today, so need to improve there.  If Allen had more time, they wouldn't have been stopped on those drives.  Sign top FA guard and draft a guard/centrer

Not sure if anyone can consistently sack Mahomes, even a guy like Watt. They had Mahomes scrambling all around multiple times, but he may be best at avoiding the sack.

Need more CB depth.

Improve the OL, Davis starts at WR with Diggs.  McKenzie can replace Beasley but you need depth behind them.

EVERYTHING else on the D-side.  

-Keep Tre healthy.

-Playmakers in the back 7.

-Someway, SOMEHOW you need 1 DE/Edge guy up front who can get pressure against anyone, anytime.

That is all.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

Why do I feel like Allen is going to be wasted here. 

Because he has been for two years already. Definitely a belief based in reality. 

Just now, mjd1001 said:

Improve the OL, Davis starts at WR with Diggs.  McKenzie can replace Beasley but you need depth behind them.

EVERYTHING else on the D-side.  

-Keep Tre healthy.

-Playmakers in the back 7.

-Someway, SOMEHOW you need 1 DE/Edge guy up front who can get pressure against anyone, anytime.

That is all.

I know this is easier said than done, but they need to move mountains to do this. If Pitt wants 3 firsts for TJ Watt, they get 3 firsts. 

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Trade our first rounder for a bonifide superstar linebacker to go with Milano. Get rid of Edmunds. 

Cut the old weight on this team - Hughes, Addison, Beasley, etc. 

Fire Frazier if no one hires him. 

I'm not jumping down frazier's throat specifically on this one, but they could use some outside thinking in the room imo. The defense is predicated on playing the odds on what the other offense will do. They also play what I call gamble ball.. watch a lot of their stops aren't players directly making the play, but being in a position to make it tough for the offensive player to make the play (Ie the guy drops it because he's focused on the Bills defender),

When they play teams that can limit their own mistakes and not be intimidate, they have trouble responding. They also need to get some different talent on the team. They need a different type of guy at LB. They need someone who can diagnose of the fly faster and get there. They need some more 'punch' as well. It's too easy to physically dominate them. 

Not sure what the hell happened with their tackling, but holy hell. It was bad. That's got to get fixed. It was less of an issue against weaker teams, but 2-3 guys making a solid tackle compared to the mockery of tackling they exhibited tonight would have changed the game.

Edited by Malazan

I think they need more speed at WR,  specifically someone who can make plays after the catch.  The CBs definitely need some work and I wouldn't be opposed to a R1 CB,  but I think they're not as bad as they looked tonight.  Otherwise,  keep adding offensive linemen and hope the young DEs develop.  In terms of the latter,  they were getting some pressure on Mahomes,  but just weren't able to bring him down.  

6 minutes ago, colin said:

How do von Miller and ingram get singed and make impacts on playoff wins for teams, but we keep trotting out our old over paid trash and no impact young guys?

Getting a guy, or a replacement corner or both and even with these Moron losers coaching we are hosting the afc chip game.

Bad coaching and no play makers on d.

Need a pass rusher, replace Edmunds he's just not good, and corner upgrade would help

Gotta save those day 3 draft picks

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

This is why it’s imperative to draft another stud CB. We need insurance policies there. I’d go CB, OG/C, OG with the draft. 

Agree with first two picks, but instead would sign a top level FA guard and resign Bates.  Let Mongo go.  Williams tough call, not sure as by the time you take the cap hit and find someone better, may be cheaper to keep Him.  Similar with Morse, but need a cheaper contract.

4 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

What direction do we go? More pressure on QBs or better coverage? At this point how much better can be make the offense, we already dominate people there. Sure we can get some more linemen to help sustain more drives, but we are already one of the best in the league to do so. So incredibly frustrating. 

Coverage was good for the most part until everyone got winded late in the 4th. It's the damn pass rush. We get close but never get the sacks. Mahomes slipped through everything tonight. We need finishers on the DL and another LB. Edmonds pissed me off on those screens where he didn't even put his hands up. WTF that's LB play 101. 

The tackling was also piss poor as others have mentioned. We seemed to regress as the game wore on. I think they just ran out of gas tonight. Too bad it happened because of a coin flip.

Edited by TampaBillsJunkie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

We need a change in Defensive philosophy. The "bend but don't break" soft zone Defense doesn't work against top offenses with elite playmakers. Aside from Kelce's TD, I don't think Mahomes completed a pass that had a defender within 3 yards. We made his job so easy. Even when Mahomes needed a miracle, there was a guy wide open for a 20 yard gain... Twice.

We can beat average teams with Frazier's D just fine, but it's not a championship winning defensive style.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.