Divisional Round: Buffalo at KC Sunday at 6:30

Process

21 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

good morning 2bd...Ive officially got chills....I could not love more what I heard on those 2 previous youtubes from Morse and Dawkins. Their mentality is Priceless...I believed every word they said and Now I  and the fanbase want to run through a wall now too BRING IT!~!~!~!!!

YIKES what a way to start the day muchas gracias. 🙂

m

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

The crazy thing(s) about Allen's rushing ability are, at least to me:

1.  His speed is so deceptive.  Josh Allen is effing fast.  When running the ball, it's not like he looks slow by any stretch of the imagination, but before you know it, he's already run for 20+ yards. 

He has a super loooong stride. I think that contributes to this perception you mention. He may not have an explosive initial burst, but he's great at picking a spot to run with little/no initial contact and a clear path downfield; so he's able to build up a head of steam pretty quickly. 

• Agree 1

regarding the banter of NFL football fans and the message board and social media posts ...I limit that kind if reading because it isnt productive its brain cell depleting stuff. I will say that the folks who bother to post in social media regarding football its such a mixed bag...... you've got some that know absolutely know nothing except aaaaaayaaaaaaaaayaaaaaaaa war chant level barely know what a first down IS, and the literate knowledgable ones similar to we posters at 2bd regulars.

I have learned not to be reactive to sports  posts after a guy who was banned from this site told me to "get cancer" on facebook bills mafia page  smh

bone chilling stuff. Mental illness bone chilling stuff just sayin..it ain't right.

GO BILLS~!~!~!!!!

m

• Angry 1

Just now, muppy said:

regarding the banter of NFL football fans and the message board and social media posts ...I limit that kind if reading because it isnt productive its brain cell depleting stuff. I will say that the folks who bother to post in social media regarding football its such a mixed bag...... you've got some that know absolutely know nothing except aaaaaayaaaaaaaaayaaaaaaaa war chant level barely know what a first down IS, and the literate knowledgable ones similar to we posters at 2bd regulars.

I have learned not to be reactive to sports  posts after a guy who was banned from this site told me to "get cancer" on facebook bills mafia page  smh

bone chilling stuff. Mental illness bone chilling stuff just sayin..it ain't right.

GO BILLS~!~!~!!!!

m

Sometimes I am nostalgic for the utter naivete of the pre-social media world. I was free to imagine the world of Bills' fans as uniformly decent and loyal. Alas, humanity . . . 

• Agree 2

19 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Allen has really showed how lethal of a dual threat he can be.  I think he actually runs more next year.

oh my... when I read this my heart jumped...kind of like what it does when he DOES rip off one of his custom long runs... I just am so hopeful that some defender doesnt attempt to cheat shot him somehow I mean there is obvious jealousy and frustration by defenders with his abilities to absolutely wreak havoc on them....****snicker snicker**  **HUGE GRIN****

lol 

m

• Like (+1) 1

I've been visiting the Chiefs board and they are certainly not lacking in confidence over there.  I have no idea how this game is going to go.  I think they are two great teams with elite QB play.  I think if the teams played 10 times it would be a 5-5 split or 6-4.   I think this game is a toss up and it is going to come down to sacks and turnovers.  The team that protects the ball and their QB better is going to win.  Let's hope it's not the officials who determine the outcome.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, muppy said:

GO BILLS~!~!~!!!!

m

From what I've seen, KC fans are trying their hardest to surpass New England fans in their level of arrogance and pettiness. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

Sometimes I am nostalgic for the utter naivete of the pre-social media world. I was free to imagine the world of Bills' fans as uniformly decent and loyal. Alas, humanity . . . 

politics and knowing who people align with politically and bills fandom do Not mix well. That's all Im gonna say on that. blech.

The Athletic asked 3 anonymous scouts about each game and to make picks. Dont let any Chiefs fans see this. Tantrum city anytime somebody gets comped to Mahomes.

https://theathletic.com/3083161/2022/01/21/nfl-playoff-predictions-unplugged-3-scouts-pick-divisional-round-winners-including-a-bills-team-on-a-mission/

Bills-Chiefs

Put aside the team aspect for a moment even though many see the winner advancing to, if not winning, the Super Bowl. Have we reached a point where it’s fair to put Bills quarterback Josh Allen in a side-by-side comparison with Patrick Mahomes?

“I think it’s absolutely a question,” Scout 3 said.

That seems preposterous considering Mahomes’ achievements and gifts. However, Buffalo is coming off an unfathomable offensive performance, having scored on all seven of its full drives in last week’s 47-17 thrashing of New England. Allen, the 2020 league MVP runner-up, tossed five touchdown passes and had 376 total yards from scrimmage.

Recency bias or not, Scout 3 said, “Josh Allen just played arguably statistically the best playoff game ever played in NFL history.” The scout views Allen as the better runner. Though he can’t match Mahomes’ arm angles and flexibility, “Allen has essentially the same level arm talent.”

If the quarterbacks play something to a draw, the scouts see plenty of tables getting broken near the Canadian border.

“Scout 2: “Does Buffalo have the best defense of the remaining playoff teams? You could make that argument.”

Scout 1: “I like Buffalo’s defense a lot. Love their safeties. I think if Buffalo just doesn’t give up the big chunk plays, they make Kansas City grind it out, they win this game.”

Scout 3: “I think Buffalo is the more complete team. … Buffalo is on a mission.”

The Bills were on a heater in their 38-20 Week 5 win at Kansas City, as Allen threw three touchdowns. But Kansas City is the two-time defending AFC champion and vanquished Buffalo in last year’s conference championship game.

While the Bills had something of a meandering regular season, the Chiefs overcame a slow start to win nine of their final 10 games before throttling the Steelers 42-21 in the wild-card round. During that 10-game surge, the defense went from supporting cast to allowing the fewest points per game (16.1) since Week 8.

Buffalo plays with five defensive backs more than any team in the league. Scout 3 sees the Chiefs running game with Clyde Edwards-Helaire and Jerick McKinnon (142 yards from scrimmage with a touchdown against Pittsburgh) as the needed ball-control counterpunch.

The teams have playmakers on offense and defense. This game won’t just be about the quarterbacks, and yet, it probably will come down to those players. Despite Allen’s surge, all three scouts chose Mahomes when asked to compare. Scout 1 loves Allen the athlete but still has accuracy concerns, while Scout 2 was unwilling to ignore the people calling plays.

“Mahomes comes with Andy Reid. (Buffalo offensive coordinator) Brian Daboll is no slouch, but Reid is one of the best play callers ever,” Scout 2 said.

For these scouts, Reid and Mahomes will need to dial up a stellar plan against the Bills.

Scout 1: Bills
Scout 2: Bills
Scout 3: Bills

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

From what I've seen, KC fans are trying their hardest to surpass New England fans in their level of arrogance and pettiness. 

**** em. brain numbing and really who gives a **** lol see youve got me cyber swearing LOL

Im pretty radical when it comes to this subject just sayin.......

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, muppy said:

politics and knowing who people align with politically and bills fandom do Not mix well. That's all Im gonna say on that. blech.

It shouldn't be that way, though. I know where your politics are; I'm definitely more conservative. Don't care. You're one of my pals here -- and I can recognize integrity and the many aspects that make a unique person irreplaceable even in those I disagree with. (Of course, I refrain from polemical conversations for the most part. I have experienced strained friendships over such differences.)

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Go to a Chiefs game, and I guarantee you will see unmatched hospitality, warmth, kindness and the complete opposite of what you see on Twitter, where hundreds of fans for (insert winning team here) act like idiots. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I've been visiting the Chiefs board and they are certainly not lacking in confidence over there.  I have no idea how this game is going to go.  I think they are two great teams with elite QB play.  I think if the teams played 10 times it would be a 5-5 split or 6-4.   I think this game is a toss up and it is going to come down to sacks and turnovers.  The team that protects the ball and their QB better is going to win.  Let's hope it's not the officials who determine the outcome.  

preach mate great post Concur. Officiating and any other debacle u can imagine Lets cover all those bases it is the hellish scenario lets avoid em ALL

^5

m

52 minutes ago, Mango said:

Anybody have insight into how well Buffalo will be traveling to this game? 

Ticketmaster has tickets at $115 still...That seems dirt cheap for this game.  

Prices will climb the millisecond the Titans win (if they win). Lots of KC fans have one foot in/one foot out waiting to see if the rent money will be spent this week or saved for next week. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, beebe said:

Go to a Chiefs game, and I guarantee you will see unmatched hospitality, warmth, kindness and the complete opposite of what you see on Twitter, where hundreds of fans for (insert winning team here) act like idiots. 

Unmatched. That I can agree on.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/chiefs-superfan-x-factor-banned-arrowhead-stadium

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

It shouldn't be that way, though. I know where your politics are; I'm definitely more conservative. Don't care. You're one of my pals here -- and I can recognize integrity and the many aspects that make a unique person irreplaceable even in those I disagree with. (Of course, I refrain from polemical conversations for the most part. I have experienced strained friendships over such differences.)

doc all Im gonna say is my walk in bills chatrooms has been anything but perfect...but me landing here now feels like it...its now my chat home.  and as it should be.....I dont wanna know and I dont care what yours or anybodies politics are. I wish in some respects I could rewind that clock. It brought about meanness and division. 

Its best just to keeep it movin' live and learn...... and heck yes we're buds 🙂..its awesome 🙂 we're a lot more alike than not.

m

Edited by muppy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, muppy said:

GO BILLS~!~!~!!!!

m

The bills mafia fb pages are embarrassing.  The mods are terrible and most of the people that comment are the dregs of life.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, beebe said:

I hear that, I wouldn't be surprised if the thousands of Chief hate bots patrolling the interwebs were bandwagon fans who only became Chiefs trolls after they won the Super Bowl. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

The bills mafia fb pages are embarrassing.  The mods are terrible and most of the people that comment are the dregs of life.

its a mixed bag with its fair share of idiots. That "get cancer" post messed me up for a while Im just being real with it. Im too sensitive for that chit. what a horrible thing to say to  a fellow person smh 

edit: that incident was Years ago it was at the time to me shocking

m

Edited by muppy
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, beebe said:

I'm no Kansas City region expert. However, a lasting memory I have of the 1994 AFC Championship game was the respect everyone at the game had for the KC fans. They filled an entire section (thousands came by bus from KC) of the stadium. It was all red and yellow with loud and energetic cheering fans and no negatives. With about 5 minutes left in the game, they all filed out. Both sets of fans, Bills and Chiefs applauded each other out of respect and appreciation. Class act fans.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Warcodered said:

very well spoken dude Emanuel Sanders and great interview I really enjoyed it. There are a few words to describe the throws that #17 makes....darts, arrows, hardly any rainbows lol, and rope but also FROZEN ROPES..... damn we are Blessed he's Ours. Now free agents are also want to come to Buffalo now too......just a random thought there.

m

• Like (+1) 1

Pulled this from Reddit. But we know the way. In order to win the Super Bowl, we have to lose to KC. 

This is the 5th time the Buffalo Bills and Kansas City Chiefs have met in the playoffs. The winner of the 4 previous matches has went on to lose the Super Bowl.

20-21 AFC Championship - Chiefs win and lose Super Bowl to Tampa

93-94 AFC Championship - Bills win and lose Super Bowl to Dallas

91-92 Divisional Round - Bills win and lose Super Bowl to Washington

66-67 AFL Championship - Chiefs win and lose Super Bowl to Green Bay

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Same can be said for this board.  You guys are not lacking in confidence either.  Should be a good one.

I'm still seeing high of 44 for the game with mostly sunny conditions for the day, 3% chance of rain, and like 10mph winds.

Temp will probably drop a little through the game, but still, that looks like ideal weather.

I don't think it matters where we practice this week.

This favors BOTH teams equally IMO.

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

https://theathletic.com/3083161/2022/01/21/nfl-playoff-predictions-unplugged-3-scouts-pick-divisional-round-winners-including-a-bills-team-on-a-mission/

Bills-Chiefs

[...]

Despite Allen’s surge, all three scouts chose Mahomes when asked to compare. Scout 1 loves Allen the athlete but still has accuracy concerns, while Scout 2 was unwilling to ignore the people calling plays.

“Mahomes comes with Andy Reid. (Buffalo offensive coordinator) Brian Daboll is no slouch, but Reid is one of the best play callers ever,” Scout 2 said.

For these scouts, Reid and Mahomes will need to dial up a stellar plan against the Bills.

Scout 1: Bills
Scout 2: Bills
Scout 3: Bills

KC Fans ought to be happy to hear that all 3 scouts said Mahomes >> Allen and Reid >> Daboll

"accuracy concerns"

heh

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Greg S said:

On the Boomer and Gio show at WFAN. Boomer picked us. Gio went with the Chiefs. On the CBS pregame show Sunday night we know there will be one Bills pick.

I can see Nate going Chiefs.  I can see Cowher who loves Defense going Bills.  Phil probably goes Bills as his son picked Buffalo.  So I think it will be 3-1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

KC Fans ought to be happy to hear that all 3 scouts said Mahomes >> Allen and Reid >> Daboll

"accuracy concerns"

heh

Man, they go nuclear if you act like there's even a convo to be had. That’s my main gripe with them. They act like their boy is in some sort of mythical “god tier” and then it’s all the other mere peasants…. all while being 12-5. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Man, they go nuclear if you act like theirs even a convo to be had. That’s my main gripe with them. They act like their boy is in some sort of mythical “god tier” and then it’s all the other mere peasants…. all while being 12-5. 

Well, they've heard their boy talked about by national media and TV announcers/commentators as though he's in some kind of mythical "God tier" all by himself for a few years

10 minutes ago, wjag said:

I can see Nate going Chiefs.  I can see Cowher who loves Defense going Bills.  Phil probably goes Bills as his son picked Buffalo.  So I think it will be 3-1

Phil Simms doesn't always align with his son.  Did Chris really pick Buffalo though?  I think Cowher is still "all in" with Mahomes over Allen.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, they've heard their boy talked about by national media and TV announcers/commentators as though he's in some kind of mythical "God tier" all by himself for a few years

Phil Simms doesn't always align with his son.  Did Chris really pick Buffalo though?  I think Cowher is still "all in" with Mahomes over Allen.

41-38

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.