Divisional Round: Buffalo at KC Sunday at 6:30

Process

Not that it matters at all because the postseason is an entirely new season, but I think its funny how Chiefs fans are just dismissing the L they took in the reg season. They are acting like they have a whole new team.. Mahomes is still making bad decisions/turnovers, The D is still suspect. Thinking they have the greatest D in the league because they beat the Giants, Raiders twice, Steelers twice, and GB without Rodgers. I have to spend my lunch break away from Chiefs Planet ha!

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, DtownB2 said:

Not that it matters at all because the postseason is an entirely new season, but I think its funny how Chiefs fans are just dismissing the L they took in the reg season. They are acting like they have a whole new team.. Mahomes is still making bad decisions/turnovers, The D is still suspect. Thinking they have the greatest D in the league because they beat the Giants, Raiders twice, Steelers twice, and GB without Rodgers. I have to spend my lunch break away from Chiefs Planet ha!

They’re extremely fortunate they didn’t lose that last regular season game against the Broncos too. I thought they were thoroughly outplayed. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, DtownB2 said:

Well some of them may exaggerating a little, but to be fair, would you agree that many of us Bills fans also believe Bills are much different now than earlier? Their D has been a little bit better as season went on,

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, DtownB2 said:

Yeah I agree. They did not have Jones, but we killed them. The score was closer than how it looked. It's not an irrelevant game, and frankly our OL and running game we're not in synch either.

• Like (+1) 1

I am really kind of annoyed that both the Bills and Chiefs didn't take care of business enough during the regular season as to force us into the current situation of having this game in the second round instead of the AFC Championship, where it belongs.

For crying out loud the Bucs and Packers got the memo.

EDIT:  Seriously, I am not saying it could have happened, but it would have been cool to have the opportunity for the same four teams to be in the semis.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Agree 3

52 minutes ago, DtownB2 said:

And an injured cowboy team (at the time) who just got upset at home

31 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I am really kind of annoyed that both the Bills and Chiefs didn't take care of business enough during the regular season as to force us into the current situation of having this game in the second round instead of the AFC Championship, where it belongs.

For crying out loud the Bucs and Packers got the memo.

EDIT:  Seriously, I am not saying it could have happened, but it would have been cool to have the opportunity for the same four teams to be in the semis.

FWIW I think the Benglas offense poses a bigger threat to this Bills D than the Chiefs O does, and that the Bengls D - thanks to a better pass rush - is a bit better than the Chiefs. 

Chiefs have two elite talents in Hill and Kelce. Bengals have possibly the best WR alive in Ja'Marr Chase (yes, he's that good/talented), and a ridiculous supporting cast in Tee Higgins, the best slot in the game in Tyler Boyd, a really talented TE in Uzoma, and a damn good RB in Joe Mixon. 

I mean Mahomes is Mahomes, but Burrow ain't that far off that standard. 

Edited by appoo
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, appoo said:

FWIW I think the Benglas offense poses a bigger threat to this Bills D than the Chiefs D does, and that the Bengls D - thanks to a better pass rush - is a bit better than the Chiefs. 

Chiefs have two elite talents in Hill and Kelce. Bengals have possibly the best WR alive in Ja'Marr Chase (yes, he's that good/talented), and a ridiculous supporting cast in Tee Higgins, the best slot in the game in Tyler Boyd, a really talented TE in Uzoma, and a damn good RB in Joe Mixon. 

I mean Mahomes is Mahomes, but Burrow ain't that far off that standard. 

Appoo I loooooovvve the Bengals.  I am not saying we had to play them, but I get your conclusion.

Respectfully to them, it just seems "right" that it should be Chiefs and Bills.  Now that said, oh boy I am pulling for the Bengals over the Titians because although we may have a better shot against the Titans I will not rule out the craziness of Rich Ralph High Era Stadium with a chance to go to the Super Bowl on the line.

Crap, am I not allowed to type that due to copyrights?

I mean, "with a chance to go the the NFL Championship game."

EDIT:  you know I was about to correct the fact that I wrote the word "Titians", but you know what...****'em.  

GO BILLS!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Appoo I loooooovvve the Bengals.  I am not saying we had to play them, but I get your conclusion.

Respectfully to them, it just seems "right" that it should be Chiefs and Bills.  Now that said, oh boy I am pulling for the Bengals over the Titians because although we may have a better shot against the Titans I will not rule out the craziness of Rich Ralph High Era Stadium with a chance to go to the Super Bowl on the line.

So glad the Titan/Bengal game is played first.  If the Bengals win it makes to Bills/Chiefs game even BIGGER.

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

There is definitely something special about the Bills - Chiefs, and it deserves to be a trophy game. 

I'm glad I love football almost as much as I love the Bills though. Because on both sides, we have some great great football these last few weeks. 

If you squint hard, you can see the current Bengals having some similarities to the 1989 Bills, trying to get over the hump against the other big teams in that era of the Broncos, Raiders, Dolphins, Browns, etc

And that's just fun. This is gonna be a 3 way battle for the next 5 years, and I wouldn't bet against LJ bringing the Ravens back to prominence. And I love it. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

They are going to have to take a lot of chances and bring pressure.

Yeah, that's pretty much the opposite of what they need to do.  That is a recipe for big plays by KC.  It's not what the Bills D is about.

Pittsburgh needed to take that philosophy because their D is nowhere near what it used to be.  And they paid dearly, despite getting a couple of turnovers and a defensive TD.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, appoo said:

There is definitely something special about the Bills - Chiefs, and it deserves to be a trophy game. 

I'm glad I love football almost as much as I love the Bills though. Because on both sides, we have some great great football these last few weeks. 

If you squint hard, you can see the current Bengals having some similarities to the 1989 Bills, trying to get over the hump against the other big teams in that era of the Broncos, Raiders, Dolphins, Browns, etc

And that's just fun. This is gonna be a 3 way battle for the next 5 years, and I wouldn't bet against LJ bringing the Ravens back to prominence. And I love it. 

Darn it, Appoo, you forced me into a stat I wanted to save, but here goes...it is terrible logic, but still.

If the Bengals win on Saturday they should be rooting for the Bills to beat the Chiefs, even though they have already beaten the Chiefs this year.

Why?

In their entire 56 year history and their double digit playoff appearance years they have never made it to a Super Bowl without beating the Bills.

1981 Playoffs in the divisional round to make it to the Super Bowl against the Niners...

and

again in the 1988 season AFC Championship game to make it to the Super Bowl against...well...the Niners again.  

Niners are in the playoffs this year, too.

Weird.

Hey, I don't make this stuff up, I just twist it around.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.