Divisional Round: Buffalo at KC Sunday at 6:30

Process

10 minutes ago, bargepole said:

This might be the last time that the Bills play the KC Chiefs. They are under pressure to drop the name 'Chiefs' as it is considered insulting to Native American groups.

One of the leading professional rugby teams in England is the Exeter Chiefs, who use a headdress image as their logo, and various other native symbols. Following complaints from various Native American groups, they are set to drop all that at the end of the current season, and rebrand the franchise for 2022/23.

Does the same also apply to the Atlanta Braves? 

Serious question for the X-and-O’ers on the forum…what’s your thinking regarding the Bills’ D and how they cope with all of KC’s speed this week?  I believe Allen and our O will continue to perform at a high level because of the balance and versatility we’ve shown, but crazy stuff happens and I’d like to think we can get a somewhat comfortable lead — that will depend upon how well the D can slow KC down.

10 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Does the same also apply to the Atlanta Braves? 

Lived in Atlanta for over forty years, but recently moved. Have not heard any serious discussion of a name change.

And if the Blackhawks ever cave and get rid of the best sweater in hockey, shame on them.

• Like (+1) 1

My Tuesday, it's way too early game predictions:

1. Siran Neal will be deployed to slow down Kelce coming out of his breaks.  Holding called/not called on Kelce will be a big factor determining the outcome of this game.

2. KC OLINE will have a game not allowing a single sack of Patrick Mahomes.  

3. Weather will not be a factor in this game.

4. Buffalo wins TO battle 2-1.  

5. This game is won/lost by a FG.

6. Mahomes and Allen will combine for 700 yards passing and 6 TDs (rushing and throwing).

7. Bold Prediction: Bills Special Teams score a TD

8. Bold Prediction:  Hill gets a rushing TD or Mahomes gets a receiving TD.  

9. Neither team will approach 100 yards rushing by a RB.  Guessing both will be around 70 yards on 15-ish carries each.  Both QBs will break off at least one big rush pushing team rushing over 100 yards each.

10. Return of the Haackman.  Haack won't be a hack in this game and will pin the Chiefs deep.  Okay, this is more hopeful thinking.

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Coming off of 30+ point differential playoff HOME wins, teams that follow that up with a road playoff game are just 2-7.  

Cool stat but this is an example where data mining can be used to make anyone feel good or bad, depending on your intent. I would focus more on the matchups

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Cool stat but this is an example where data mining can be used to make anyone feel good or bad, depending on your intent. I would focus more on the matchups

Correct. Anyone who thinks the Bills' chances of victory are below 30% are trolling or not very bright.

50 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Coming off of 30+ point differential playoff HOME wins, teams that follow that up with a road playoff game are just 2-7.  

This doesn't surprise me actually. I was thinking about last year when the Ravens beat the titans before they played the bills. It was a big, emotional win for them, kinda similar to us destroying the Patriots this past weekend. I have no doubt the bills can win this Sunday, just can't let the Patriots win linger. 

I know the Ravens didn't beat the titans by 30, just that it was a big win for them 

Edited by Steptide

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

This doesn't surprise me actually. I was thinking about last year when the Ravens beat the titans before they played the bills. It was a big, emotional win for them, kinda similar to us destroying the Patriots this past weekend. I have no doubt the bills can win this Sunday, just can't let the Patriots win linger. 

I know the Ravens didn't beat the titans by 30, just that it was a big win for them 

I don't believe in letdowns during the playoffs. If this were a regular season game then definitely. But the Bills got their eyes on the biggest prize now as its win or go home season. There is also the matter of getting even for last year's AFCCG. The Bills might lose on Sunday but it won't be because of a letdown.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea… never understood the “we’re built to beat the Chiefs” narrative… I expect the defense to struggle for much of the game. This games on the offense to match the Chiefs drive for drive.

I think the Bills D can hold up against the Chiefs. The Steelers D scored and had a 7-0 lead midway thru the 2nd quarter. With the Steelers offense constantly punting it was only a matter of time before the Chiefs offense broke thru. The Bills O will do a much better job helping the D then the Steelers O did.

• Agree 2

What a difference in the quality of posts from TBD to chiefs planet.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=341906

I went to see what they had to say about the coming matchup and I didn't stay long.

Say what you want about TBD and TSW, but we have some top notch posters that keep me coming back.

Thanks to all our contributors for making this place what it is.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Zerovoltz said:

And before this year of the 4 teams in the conference championship never has all 4 made the playoffs the following year.

Until this year!    Lots of demons from the past may be exorcised this year.

Allen and the Bills are on a mission.

ynbd00ry2gkvkteuzedq

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

That stat is probably just an overall reflection of home teams winning more than rod teams in the playoffs. But statistically, the NFL home field advantage has shrunk quite a bit over the last several years.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

The thing that excites me is this to me is gonna be the new Brady vs Manning for years to come. This is part 4 between the two and we will be getting part 5 next season. I'm so looking forward to this matchup and I'm hoping for a Bills win so badly

You can also add Burrow and Herbert into the mix. The AFC has quite a few talented QB's already. If Jones and Wilson become the real deal then the AFCE is going to be one competitive division.

1 hour ago, Zerovoltz said:

Let's assume KC kept the name "Chiefs" and put a firemans helmet as the logo....would that be disparaging?  If the crowd made siren noises, would that be degrading to firemen?  Should we make mascots of first responders?  ...

Let's just say that there are a number of racial/culturally insensitive names that could have a double-meaning and I am not about to give examples.  We can assume all we want about your team's name and the disparaging nature of it.  If the Washington team made their logo an overcooked tourist on the beach would that make their name any less disparaging?  Pretty weak argument dude.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, stosh64 said:

What a difference in the quality of posts from TBD to chiefs planet.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=341906

I went to see what they had to say about the coming matchup and I didn't stay long.

Say what you want about TBD and TSW, but we have some top notch posters that keep me coming back.

Thanks to all our contributors for making this place what it is.

the rock maui GIF

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.