Divisional Round: Buffalo at KC Sunday at 6:30

Process

44 minutes ago, stevewin said:

I was reminded while re-watching the last game how often the DL changes throughout the game - not just different combinations, but also different guys lining up all over the place and coming from all different positions.  Throughout the game all different bodies just coming in waves from everywhere - it's awesome to see.  It is what McD has always preached and it seems totally dialed in right now

One other thing - people have talked about Rousseau holding the edge, but I remember watching highlights after he was drafted and the thing that really stuck out was how he tracked guys scrambling and moving around even while being blocked - never lost sight of the QB and had a knack for breaking free and closing on the moving target and getting him down with his length and effort and closing speed.  It hasn't been a huge part of his game this year - but I have no doubt the utility of that skill against a scrambling Mahomes was a huge reason he was drafted  

Yep very true…covering those quick screens to tyreek and chasing mahomes around all game are very important.  Such a strange game to me X’s and O’s wise I feel like we should win but the chiefs in arrowhead in the playoffs just seems like a sure thing.  On the flip side we’ve been preparing for this game since the offseason…something’s gotta give 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

38 minutes ago, dakrider said:

I suspect Chiefs will blitz the heck out of Allen, its probably their only strategy that could stop him if it works.  They will do delay blitzes and disguised blitzes etc. 
Up to receivers to get open quick. 

I’m gonna have to rewatch that afc championship game unfortunately but from memory it seemed like it was mostly coverage sacks because our busted up wrs couldn’t get much separation. I think they’re gonna rely on playing a lot of man and hoping to win their matchups long enough for the pass rush to get home without much blitzing but i don’t think that’ll be as effective this time seeing as we’ve seen that three times from the pats now who probably have more defensive talent.

chiefs have that bully style defense where their secondary can dominate against bad/mediocre teams but when they play a high powered offense they struggle more than a team that plays a lot of zone would 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Last time I checked KC is the favorite in this game.

Also the Bills have not won a road playoff game in nearly 30 years and one more ominous stat....Andy Reid has never lost a rematch in the playoffs to a team he lost to in the regular season.

Nowhere am I'm saying the bills can't or won't win this game (yet) but go check out a Chiefs forum or social media and you'll be hard pressed to find a single fan that believes they are going to lose this game.

lolololol. Seriously? did you just try and use this as a legit argument?

you're a special sorta dude.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Also the Bills have not won a road playoff game in nearly 30 years and one more ominous stat....Andy Reid has never lost a rematch in the playoffs to a team he lost to in the regular season.

Nowhere am I'm saying the bills can't or won't win this game (yet) but go check out a Chiefs forum or social media and you'll be hard pressed to find a single fan that believes they are going to lose this game.

There’s really not a whole lot of value in those trends you have mentioned.  The only somewhat relevant road game the bills have had to this one in recent years is the chiefs afc championship game last year and a lot has changed with the team even since then.  Feliciano vs chris jones was a gigantic liability last year and they didn’t have much trouble manning up our horribly injured receivers.  This year neither of those issues will be present but there will be some new challenges without tre so it’s a completely different set of circumstances.  Also how many times has Andy Reid had a playoff rematch with a team that absolutely stomped him in the regular season…probably not many.  Refs had to bend over backwards to keep that game from being an absolute laugher 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Past games are not predictors of future games.

You have been pretty down on the Bills for weeks and weeks, and they continue to prove you wrong over and over.

Maybe you should relax and just see how the game goes. Wringing your hands and worrying so much can't be healthy.

This is a game between two AFC powerhouses. Anything can happen. The Bills or the Chiefs could blow the other team out. Or it could be a shootout. Or it could be a defensive struggle. We just have to wait and see.

Try to appreciate this era of Bills football a little. Win or lose, this is a good Bills team that will be contending for the foreseeable future at least. We have an elite QB and a good coaching staff and front office for the first time in decades. It's awesome.

Dude.  It's HiFootBallIQ.  Don't expect anything except wordy posts about how the sky is falling.  I blocked him a while ago, but for some reason I can still see his posts when people quote him.

Edited by Coffeesforclosers
  • Like (+1) 1

All I remember last years afc championship game was that once kc got the lead and we became a pass only team, their Dline dominated our Oline. Reciever not being able to get open didn't help but we were getting destroyed on the line. I remember multiple times Josh didn't have but 2 seconds before someone was in his face. I think our Oline is in a better place this year. 

1 minute ago, Wyobills89 said:

All I remember last years afc championship game was that once kc got the lead and we became a pass only team, their Dline dominated our Oline. Reciever not being able to get open didn't help but we were getting destroyed on the line. I remember multiple times Josh didn't have but 2 seconds before someone was in his face. I think our Oline is in a better place this year. 

But we were a pass only team anyways basically. Teams knew Bills only running threat was Josh Allen. Now finally, the RB's have commanded respect

• Like (+1) 1

Don’t remember one poster riling everyone up like this before - you folks realize (i) you’re getting worked up and arguing with something calling itself “FilthyBeast” and (ii) one poster’s “bad vibes” won’t change the outcome of the game, right?

Personally, I’m far less anxious about this game than last weekend’s.  This will be a heavyweight fight that the best fighter will win.  Last weekend, I couldn’t bear the thought of losing to an inferior Patriots team and all of the psychological ramifications that would’ve made for a looooooong offseason.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

1. Are they really the favorite?  Home team usually gets 3 points.  I think some have been getting 2.5 this year.  Thats to me means they are calling it equal.

2. None of that matters

3. No where are you saying it.  You are just doing your typical doom and gloom I'm so concerned about x bs you do every week and have been wrong on just about everything you have spewed here.  Sure the Bills could lose.  Thats because the teams are pretty equal.  Not because of any of your BS.

Most fans are excited about their team and talk about good things.  All you do is troll with your oh woe is me im so concerned because I think the Bills suck and every other team is great because you know the Pats will win the division with Brady 2.0 and Miami is going to knock the Bills out of the playoffs altogether because look at their great win streak and Tua is better than Allen and DVOA will be posted when it helps me show this crap.  You schtick is old. GTFOH troll.  Everyone here knows who and what you are.  Everyone.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Dude.  It's HiFootBallIQ.  Don't expect anything except wordy posts about how the sky is falling.  I blocked him a while ago, but for some reason I can still see his posts when people quote him.

I know same here.  You can't stop the quoted stuff.  I wish there was an option for that.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Nothing negative, just being realistic here.

Again, I'm not saying the Bills aren't going to win but one absurdly good performance in the playoffs against a rookie QB doesn't entitle this team to the Lombardi trophy especially when the next opponent already has one and has been to two straight SB's.

It's actually quite relevant and the next demon this franchise needs to exorcise, specifically Allen and McDermott.

Were ya just being realistic about all your Pats spewtom before the Bills blew the doors off of them twice in a row too?

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Don’t remember one poster riling everyone up like this before - you folks realize (i) you’re getting worked up and arguing with something calling itself “FilthyBeast” and (ii) one poster’s “bad vibes” won’t change the outcome of the game, right?

The ignore function is a wonderful thing.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

I specifically a posted a thread last week ago some of the national media picking the Bills to make the SB (and one winning it).

Nowhere am I denying the Bills being a legit contender right now despite their up and down regular season.

All I'm pointing out is that there is still a certain team in KC who is on their own mission to climb the pinnacle of the NFL and be the next great dynasty and we have to not only beat them, but do it in their house to bring that discussion to an abrupt halt. And until the Bills prove they can truly do this there are many fans that are still going to be skeptical (even if some arent' outwardly admitting like myself).

Ok to the bolded... Troll much?  Who are you to bring any discussion to a halt?

If the Bills win you'll be talking the same trash next week about the next team.  Then you'll be talking the same trash about the superbowl.  Then next year on a new account you'll be talking about the Bills proved nothing until they repeat.  We know who you are troll.

Believe me I'm peace with whatever this team does, they've had a good run these last 5 years but obviously like most I'm greedy and want more. Anxiety is sky high but I'm sure most fans feel that way right now.

But at the end of the day I picked this team to go 12-5 and lose in the divisional round and hoping those expectations are exceeded. If they aren't I'm not going to rub it in anyones face and say "I told you so" like some here seem to think is the case. I'll get over the disappointment, move on and look forward to what this team does in the offseason to take the next step if that's the case.

Show me a link to your 12-5 lose in the divisional round post.

16 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Personally, I’m far less anxious about this game than last weekend’s.  This will be a heavyweight fight that the best fighter will win.  Last weekend, I couldn’t bear the thought of losing to an inferior Patriots team and all of the psychological ramifications that would’ve made for a looooooong offseason.

It's kinda funny because I posted about this few days ago. Lol, He said he didn't understand why many were giving him a hard time, I chuckled at that. He does get quite a few hooked and reels em in and manages to fill his cooler within an hour or so. I normally smh and once in a while get a giggle from him, also it can be surprising at times at how many he can get fired up lol 

• Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Meh I quote him a lot but Im not really getting riled up over him.  I figure if he is going to troll then Im going to mess with the troll.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.