Divisional Round: Buffalo at KC Sunday at 6:30

Process

2 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

Coming off of 30+ point differential playoff HOME wins, teams that follow that up with a road playoff game are just 2-7.  

Please don't be that guy.  This type of stuff is meaningless.  Its like the Pats fan earlier in the season trying to prove his team was better than the Bills by saying they played a tougher schedule when they really didn't.

The only thing that's going to matter is execution and coaching decisions.  These are the two best teams in the NFL IMO and it can go either way.  The stat above has nothing to do with it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, njbuff said:

People who find the name “Chiefs” offensive really need to get a grip and find something useful to complain about.

Nothing whatsoever is disparaging about that name.

I hope the Blackhawks aren't forced to change their name/logo. IMHO they have the best logo in hockey.

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

And Singletary is 4th. Add in the great things McKenzie has been doing and this offense could really go off against this team. I really think the Bills are going to dominate in this one. I'd be curious about KC's stats on defense in recent weeks. Honestly don't think they are going to be able to keep up with us instead of the other way around. Yes, losing Tre hurt, but so far it doesn't look like there has been a drop off. The Dline is stepping up, the secondary is stepping up and the LBs are too. This will be an interesting matchup for sure. On offense, there are a lot of names that pop out too. McKenzie, Knox, the entire OL, Allen, Diggs, Davis, Singletary. It seems like everyone is producing in big ways. KC could very well be running into a meat grinder.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

Serious question for the X-and-O’ers on the forum…what’s your thinking regarding the Bills’ D and how they cope with all of KC’s speed this week?  I believe Allen and our O will continue to perform at a high level because of the balance and versatility we’ve shown, but crazy stuff happens and I’d like to think we can get a somewhat comfortable lead — that will depend upon how well the D can slow KC down.

My concern is that the Bills not-particularly-athletic CBs will be exposed in a big way. In the first game, they had White man-to-man on Kelce for most of the game and doubled Hill. Neither had a 20-yard catch and while their numbers were OK, they were mostly contained. Neither Kelce nor Hill averaged 10 ypc. I simply don't think Jackson can handle Kelce. It'll be interesting to see what scheme Frazier comes up with because the Chiefs offense presents a real challenge to them with White gone. 

1 minute ago, Rockinon said:

And Singletary is 4th. Add in the great things McKenzie has been doing and this offense could really go off against this team. I really think the Bills are going to dominate in this one. I'd be curious about KC's stats on defense in recent weeks. Honestly don't think they are going to be able to keep up with us instead of the other way around. Yes, losing Tre hurt, but so far it doesn't look like there has been a drop off. The Dline is stepping up, the secondary is stepping up and the LBs are too. This will be an interesting matchup for sure. On offense, there are a lot of names that pop out too. McKenzie, Knox, the entire OL, Allen, Diggs, Davis, Singletary. It seems like everyone is producing in big ways. KC could very well be running into a meat grinder.

There hasn't been a drop-off from White because outside of TB they Bills haven't really played a good passing attack. KC will be the best passing attack they've faced by far in the past 5 games. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6

40 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

My concern is that the Bills not-particularly-athletic CBs will be exposed in a big way. In the first game, they had White man-to-man on Kelce for most of the game and doubled Hill. Neither had a 20-yard catch and while their numbers were OK, they were mostly contained. Neither Kelce nor Hill averaged 10 ypc. I simply don't think Jackson can handle Kelce. It'll be interesting to see what scheme Frazier comes up with because the Chiefs offense presents a real challenge to them with White gone. 

Thanks for responding.  Yes, that is my concern also, which is why I'm asking what folks think they will do.

43 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Maybe Siran Neal on Kelce?

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Please don't be that guy.  This type of stuff is meaningless.  Its like the Pats fan earlier in the season trying to prove his team was better than the Bills by saying they played a tougher schedule when they really didn't.

The only thing that's going to matter is execution and coaching decisions.  These are the two best teams in the NFL IMO and it can go either way.  The stat above has nothing to do with it.

Teams that play during the regular season and then play again in the playoffs, the winner of that game wins the playoff game 68% of the time. Pretty dumb to use small sample sizes to predict who is going to win. 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

There hasn't been a drop-off from White because outside of TB they Bills haven't really played a good passing attack. KC will be the best passing attack they've faced by far in the past 5 games. 

I see them using Taron on Kelce and doubling Hill again.  We need Milano to stay with their running backs like a fly on *****.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mynamemike said:

I see them using Taron on Kelce and doubling Hill again.  We need Milano to stay with their running backs like a fly on *****.

I think this is probably it as well. The next best CB the Bills have is Taron Johnson. He takes over covering Kelce and double Hill with the CB and one of the safeties every play. If Hardeman, Pringle beat you then so be it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

58 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I really think that a big part of how we adjusted in that game, and hopefully what we will see in this game, was a more aggressive pass rush.  I believe the key to this game will be our D-Line applying constant pressure on Mahomes.  That will require scheme, as well as intensity up front.  They brought the heat last game after Tre left, probably partially due to added adrenaline based on the situation, but hopefully they can match that intensity on Sunday.  

This Defense was built to beat the Chiefs.  Time to deliver.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, bargepole said:

This might be the last time that the Bills play the KC Chiefs. They are under pressure to drop the name 'Chiefs' as it is considered insulting to Native American groups.

One of the leading professional rugby teams in England is the Exeter Chiefs, who use a headdress image as their logo, and various other native symbols. Following complaints from various Native American groups, they are set to drop all that at the end of the current season, and rebrand the franchise for 2022/23.

As a proud Penfield Chief who of course detests the replacement mascot (Patriots 🤮), I have never seen anything wrong with the name.  The tomahawk chop, however, is just as offensive as Chief Wahoo was in Cleveland and Chief Noc-a-Homa was in Atlanta.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Reid and McDermott could not be any more different with their health and fitness. I remember during the draft footage the Bills put out from last year and Kim Pegula made cookies and the whole staff was eating them in the war room and McDermott was eating Raisin Bran.

Saw this in some of the coverage for the upcoming game and it made me think, this is a terrible analogy.

People like/enjoy cake, hell some people love it I guess, but people don't need cake.

If the Chiefs are a team that's like "Yes I'd enjoy a second piece of cake." the Bills are a man dying of thirst that sees a glass of water.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Rockinon said:

KC going off on an inferior opponent in Pittsburgh isn't news. Let's see how they do against the #1 defense. Their defense is going to try to bring heat and pressure Josh. It's not going to work. Buffalo has everyone healthy on the OL and in case no one has noticed, Tommy Doyle is now the blocking TE. That's right. An extra OT is blocking for Josh and Singletary. What Buffalo did to a top 5 defense last week was amazing. What do you think they are going to do to this poser KC Defense? This game should result in about the same outcome as the regular season game. A Buffalo win. KC can open up their bag of tricks on offense if they want. In fact, please do....

We should be able to do the same thing and maybe more vs KC.  

The difference in defenses Imo, is speed and impact pass rushers.  Judon is an impact pass rusher but he hasn’t had an impact in months.  Barmore was coming off a knee injury.  

The chiefs are faster in the secondary and LBers.   Watching Hightower crawl around out there was embarrassing.  Bentley shouldn’t be in the NFL.  Jojuan Williams is slow af.  Duggar had a club.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

I simply don't think Jackson can handle Kelce

I thought he did an admirable job covering Gronkowski and Pitts. He gave up one big completion to Pitts but that will happen to anyone eventually. Jackson struggles against double moves and sudden change in direction but that's not as important against TEs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.