Where to eat after the game?

el_smithereenos

30 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

there were dozens of Greek Family Diners open 24/7 in every town. I don't know if they are still open 24/7 with COVID/labor shortages but google it.

update- i googled it myself and most Greek restaurants are closed at 9 now.

Is there like a generic Greek diner website or something?

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It sucks that you guys don't have Waffle Houses.

I’ve lived down south. No it doesn’t. 

Like Jim Gaffigan’s bit about Waffle House:

[walks into a Waffle House]

“I think I threw up in here once.”

[looks in the corner]

“Oh yeah, there it is.”

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

22 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Is there like a generic Greek diner website or something?

The Buffalo News put out a great article a few months ago about how almost all the Greek Restaurants can be traced back to 1 or 2 families. Once started they would bring another brother over to open a new one-rinse/repeat. 

google Greek Family Diner western new york and they all pop up the map.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

I’ve lived down south. No it doesn’t. 

Like Jim Gaffigan’s bit about Waffle House:

[walks into a Waffle House]

“I think I threw up in here once.”

[looks in the corner]

“Oh yeah, there it is.”

You guys don't know good eatin'

And Gaffigan is the best.  Hot pockets!!

• Like (+1) 1

Mighty Taco used to be open till 5 AM back in the 70s. Used to be open till 1 or 2 pre COVID. Now I think it is  11 or 12.

Worked at a Dennny's 40+ years ago. Were open 24/7 then. Not anymore.We stayed open during a bad snowstorm on third shift. Only people that came in were the  workers that plowed the plaza lots next door. I think they grossed $25-30 that shift. Not even enough to keep the lights on, much les pay us.

3 hours ago, el_smithereenos said:

Greetings! We’re coming from Maryland for the fourth time this season but have always had trouble finding restaurants open late- any suggestions on where to eat after 11 pm? Hopefully we're not too hungry after the Patriots feast...Thanks and Go Bills. 

smokey bones is serving to midnight.

but w game at 8 pm and likely 3.5 hours. It will be about midnight when you get to your car.

then another unknown 1 or 2 hrs to get out of parking and on a main road.

last time i went to a night game it was a thurs night that started at 7:20 pm. We did not get out of parking and traffic and on our way on a main road at speed limit speed until after 1 am.

bring snickers and leave in car. They are good frozen.

6 minutes ago, cba fan said:

smokey bones is serving to midnight.

but w game at 8 pm and likely 3.5 hours. It will be about midnight when you get to your car.

then another unknown 1 or 2 hrs to get out of parking and on a main road.

last time i went to a night game it was a thurs night that started at 7:20 pm. We did not get out of parking and traffic and on our way on a main road at speed limit speed until after 1 am.

bring snickers and leave in car. They are good frozen.

depends on where your seats are / compared to where you park / your hustle leaving the stadium.

Since 2004 as a season ticket holder ive only ever sat in traffic post game once, when my car battery died and I had to wait for AAA to jump me. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Robert Paulson said:

The Buffalo News put out a great article a few months ago about how almost all the Greek Restaurants can be traced back to 1 or 2 families. Once started they would bring another brother over to open a new one-rinse/repeat. 

google Greek Family Diner western new york and they all pop up the map.

Yup, I work with a gal whose dad owns a couple Greek diners here in ROC. She tells me all the Greek restauranteurs in town all come from the same village back home. And every single one of those diners is rock solid. I don’t know why anyone would ever go to a Dennys. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

Yup, I work with a gal whose dad owns a couple Greek diners here in ROC. She tells me all the Greek restauranteurs in town all come from the same village back home. And every single one of those diners is rock solid. I don’t know why anyone would ever go to a Dennys. 

yes same i find all over. Milwaukee and Chicago has those too. Family pride makes great food. Hugh menu and always good.

This is tough everywhere.  I spent some time in  the Charlotte/Matthews area for work on 3 occasions and had trouble finding anything open to watch the TNF games.  Best I could do was a Buffalo Wild Wings.

Depending on which direction you head, this may be an option.  It is SouthWest of the stadium and the traffic is much less than in most any other direction.  You could get there.

denny's hamburg.pdf

4 hours ago, HOUSE said:

An open kitchen after 12 would be very hard to find with the covid situation ...

I wouldn't even try...

Better off buying over priced stadium food

If you dont have an answer, you know you can just sit one thread out right.

I think its nice to try to show an outsider a way to find good Buffalo food. They have come to the right place and we are coming up with some answers after all.

5 hours ago, Lofton80 said:

Eddy Brady's Saloon on Genesee St downtown. 

Good to know 

4 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

Because Denny’s the only thing open at that time🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, JohnNord said:

One of my favorite late nights places is Jim’s Steakout.  Awesome. Awesome subs.

It’s open all night but the closest location might be Amherst.  But you could always get it delivered to the stadium via GrubHub and then eat on the way home.

If you want, you can get Jim Streakout delivered through GrubHub.

Jim Streakout is my laundry guy, I usually call him after eating at Jim’s Steakout.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It sucks that you guys don't have Waffle Houses.

I think the only place you could probably get food is the strip club.  The problem is that if you see a stain on your pants, you don't know if that came from the food.

1722b6a1-723d-495c-93af-5e0776b2bfcc_tex

I am planning a pop-up Waffle House behind Hammer's for postgame..........menu depends on what's left over on the grill............but still the same $8 for a shot glass of orange juice.

27 minutes ago, Richmond_Bills said:

Buy subs before the game to eat after.  Grab some chips and cookies.  A few beers to wash it all down with.  You'll be glad that you didn't go to a restaurant.  

This right here... Stock up at Wegmans before the game.

19 hours ago, ganesh said:

Frozen by the time you come back to the car !!

Everyone will be happy to know the popsicles will be safe! Who doesn’t want a popsicle after 3 hours of subzero windchill, while turning into……a popsicle? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.