Any other degenerates sign up for NYS On line betting?

Albany,n.y.

I signed up for Carsars & got a $300 signing bonus & a deposit match.  My 1st bet was WFT -7 over NYG.  I'm betting against our boy, Jake Fromm who was never put in last week even when Glennon was horrible.  Now Glennon is out & it's time for Jake to come on down.  A repeat of his debut as a starter is all I need to cash.  Also there might be some Giants who would love to get trounced & get Joe Judge fired.  Shades of Hank Bullough's final game where Bruce Smith told his teammates not to make any tackles.  

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I signed up for Carsars & got a $300 signing bonus & a deposit match.  My 1st bet was WFT -7 over NYG.  I'm betting against our boy, Jake Fromm who was never put in last week even when Glennon was horrible.  Now Glennon is out & it's time for Jake to come on down.  A repeat of his debut as a starter is all I need to cash.  Also there might be some Giants who would love to get trounced & get Joe Judge fired.  Shades of Hank Bullough's final game where Bruce Smith told his teammates not to make any tackles.  

I signed up for Fan Duel and Ceasars . I'll take the free money from both.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't know if they'll give NYS bettors the same deals we got when they legalized Colorado, but ... I'd be inclined to hold out for some amazing deals. It started out in the $300 "risk free" (read the small print! you can't win and cash out right away; you have to re-wager what you've won, but of course you could make really conservative bets with those second wagers), and then elevated all the way to a truly ridiculous give-away from Caesar's of $2000 "risk free."  Yep. $2000.

1 minute ago, Arkady Renko said:

Isn’t the deposit match for Caesar’s up to $3000? That’s crazy. 

Awesome. That's the one to take if they're offering it to NYS residents.

Just deposited $3K to ceasers to get the match. They do an awful job of explaining the play through requirements, want to make sure I understand that before doing anything.

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I don't know if they'll give NYS bettors the same deals we got when they legalized Colorado, but ... I'd be inclined to hold out for some amazing deals. It started out in the $300 "risk free" (read the small print! you can't win and cash out right away; you have to re-wager what you've won, but of course you could make really conservative bets with those second wagers), and then elevated all the way to a truly ridiculous give-away from Caesar's of $2000 "risk free."  Yep. $2000.

Awesome. That's the one to take if they're offering it to NYS residents.

Where do you see you have to re wager what you won? I only see that you need to wager the bonus amount. Meaning you get a $3k bonus, you have to wager all of it and then can withdrawal.

But wagers on anything with odds greater than -300 don't count.

I bet everyone's favorite sports broadcaster--Mike Schopp--signed up! 

The guy is obsessed with sports gambling any and every way he can.

I have a little game I play: see how long the S&B show can last before Schopp makes some reference, of any kind, to the concept of gambling.  It's usually no more than 10 minutes.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Process said:

Just deposited $3K to ceasers to get the match. They do an awful job of explaining the play through requirements, want to make sure I understand that before doing anything.

does it say something like “10x roll over”

that means something like you have to bet the whatever bonus they give you a total of 10 times. So if you get a $300 free bonus you must wager a total of $3,000 before you can withdrawal. They are banking on the average better losing the bonus money over time the more they are required to wager

I put in $1,000.  My account showed $1,000 cash, $1,300 bonus. The bonus $ has to be bet within 30 days otherwise you lose it.   I then bet $50 & it was taken out of cash.  I then bet $1,300 & the remainig $950 cash went to $0 and the bonus $ went from $1,300 to $950.  Since I had to bet the $950 bonus I bet on a low scoring Bills game due to the anticipated lousy weather and bet the Jets -16 $450 and the under 40.5 $500.  

At this point I'm not sure if the bonus bets will be put into the cash or bonus side.  I hope it doesn't go into the bonus side.  I'll know more if/when I get paid.  

17 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Ceasars offered a free $300?! I just took the free $100 from draftkings and fanduel. 

Fanduel has an offer where your 1st bet is free up to $1,000.  So far I think Caesars is the best. 

FANDUEL: 

GET YOUR FIRST BET
RISK FREE

UP TO $1,000 BACK IF YOU DON’T WIN

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I put in $1,000.  My account showed $1,000 cash, $1,300 bonus. The bonus $ has to be bet within 30 days otherwise you lose it.   I then bet $50 & it was taken out of cash.  I then bet $1,300 & the remainig $950 cash went to $0 and the bonus $ went from $1,300 to $950.  Since I had to bet the $950 bonus I bet on a low scoring Bills game due to the anticipated lousy weather and bet the Jets -16 $450 and the under 40.5 $500.  

At this point I'm not sure if the bonus bets will be put into the cash or bonus side.  I hope it doesn't go into the bonus side.  I'll know more if/when I get paid.  

I thought Fan Duel has a $1,000 match bonus too.  Did you get a match bonus beyond the $100 from Fanduel?  

Not sure what you mean by cash side /bonus side, but based on my understanding from what I read, bets are first considered to come from cash, and then bonus money. But you wagered everything so that is irrelevant.

Because you wagered the full bonus amount, you should be eligible to withdrawal everything you win. I think. I am trying to figure it out too. 

1 minute ago, Process said:

Not sure what you mean by cash side /bonus side, but based on my understanding from what I read, bets are first considered to come from cash, and then bonus money. But you wagered everything so that is irrelevant.

Because you wagered the full bonus amount, you should be eligible to withdrawal everything you win. I think. I am trying to figure it out too. 

I wagered at different times.  So the 1st bet $ came out of cash & the 2nd bet cleaned out the cash but I still had $ left in the bonus column.  It was only when I realized that I have to bet the bonus $ within 30 days & since I only bet on football, and with the season ending, I bet the Bills game because I know that although the rain/snow may stop by game time, there will still be over 20 MPH winds  If I didn't have to bet the bonus $ within 30 days, I wouldn't have bet it, but it's bet it or lose it.  

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

NYS taking 51% of everything.  wow.

Fortunately for the bettors, it's not like horse racing where the more the state takes, the lower the bet payoff.  The bettors get the same odds no matter how much the state takes.  So it's a risk for the betting companies.  I guess they figure having a high profile state like NY is better than not even if they lose some money here.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Fortunately for the bettors, it's not like horse racing where the more the state takes, the lower the bet payoff.  The bettors get the same odds no matter how much the state takes.  So it's a risk for the betting companies.  I guess they figure having a high profile state like NY is better than not even if they lose some money here.  

agreed.  still a massive boon for the bookie sites.

Hope everybody has fun, just be responsible please, and if you can't do that then don't bet. 

My dad was a serious gambling addict and it caused our family a whole lot of pain, to the point where I had to pay my parents' mortgage for a while because he was so irresponsible . 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Virginia where you live since it concerns' ya so much

Good.  Maybe we keep I-95 open, next storm.

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

where it all goes

I think I know where it used to go, before he "left." not sure anymore.

6 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Sexual harassment training for someone I can't mention on this portion of the board.  

Voldemort?

6 hours ago, driddles said:

Then we'll be getting 2 domes, one for home games where we wear whites and one for the blues.

Hope we have a new furnace for the red pajamas.

11 hours ago, Steptide said:

I guess this is why I was never a gambler. Got my free $100 credit and can't even figure out how to place a bet. No clue what all the - 100 etc means 🤣

There are books, on line tutorials, everything. In the most simplistic terms, most Sports can be bet with a Points, Goals, etc. line where you can take either side OR a Money Line, where you simply pick the winner. But, option 2 weights the line, heavily against you for the team most likely to win and heavily for you for the underdog.

There are many, many, many additional permutations and combinations based on the Total Score over multiple time periods and the same bet described above, over multiple time periods. ( Think 1st. Quarter)

19 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

NYS taking 51% of everything.  wow.

Are they taking it from the bettors or the bookie's profits?

19 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

OK, but are winning bettors expected to declare the profits?

16 hours ago, billsfan714 said:

Told friends last week Bama minus points to Cincy was a lock.

So did I. Cincy's biggest DL was 285 lbs, so I knew that Bama would run all day and the total would be under. I also made GA a strong play.

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

It's nys, I'd be shocked if the state doesnt take their portion. It's probably 100% of the reason they made sports betting legal 

When you play a daily number for 1 dollar and hit for $500, there is no proof that you won. You can even buy multiple tickets and cash them in intervals. It just seems to me that these bets are online and records are kept. I don't know how this will work.

If one had to pay tax on winning bets, you would be better off with a bookie (if you can find one). 

my big plays today-

Atl +3.5

SF +3.5

steelers +3.5

betting the Steelers and niners ML on a couple parlays.

interesting note: colts haven’t won in Jax since sept 2014. 0-6

Edited by NewEra

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.