Bills Jets officially flexed to 4:25p

Virgil

3 hours ago, DrPJax said:

When is the pats game ,,,,hopefully in all fairness they have enough time to recover from that thriller with the jags they played today !   

NFL.com has on,y updated the flex games on Saturday still showing Bills at 1PM.  

Bleh, I'm not really a #1pmOrBust guy but I like picking up lunch on the way to my friend's house to watch the game.  4pm is too early for dinner, and halftime isn't long enough to head out and grab food and have time to relax and eat.  Evening game I could pick up late dinner at least, or have dinner before going down.

For the record for those who don't understand how/why they flex games around, it's at least partially to avoid teams carrying an advantage into the playoffs.  For example if the Pats played 1pm, and the Bills 4:25pm, the Pats might lose and we win the division by default, so Bills might rest starters and carry that advantage into the playoffs.  Starters playing is also generally just better viewing and potential ratings.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DrPJax said:

When is the pats game ,,,,hopefully in all fairness they have enough time to recover from that thriller with the jags they played today !   

They will get a comp pick for any inconvenience the league imposes  ;) 

BTW YES YES YES

I get to see the game now  :)

I work next Sunday until 5pm.

35 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Done mostly to irk the previous poster:

"I don't mind the flexing of the game, but what's that fine print about both teams having to send a conditional draft pick to New England?!"

😁

I hadn't read your post yet when I made mine :)

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

Darn. Football means Sunday at 1pm. Don't like when they mess with that.

It used to be that way Ray .....then the Bills got good and we need to share them with the World ;)

I really thought the Bills vs Pats game would get flexed that week

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Which means no Bills on Boston TV Sunday. 

What happens if all 4 division champs are 11-6?

Titans have the tiebreaker over the Bills. Bills would have it over the Chiefs. I think the Bengals have it over the Bills. 

2 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

I don't think it would be decided by head-to-head in that scenario.  

Then I have no idea. Conference record? Right now they list the Bills behind the Bengals but if they all end up 11-6 then I would be curious to see what seed the Bills get.

Interesting tidbit about the schedule flex.  With Chiefs playing Saturday and Cincy 1p Sunday, the Bills could be playing for both the Division crown and Number 2 Seed and they would know it before kickoff.  

And even crazier a NE win at Miami and losses by Buffalo, KC and Tenny makes NE #1 seed.  

Long shot for sure, but so is Boyd catching a long TD pass on 4th and 10 in the waning seconds from Dalton to beat Baltimore.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ßookie_tech said:

What is the reasoning for flexing? I get moving a primetime matchup to a night game. But why change a matchup like Bills/Jets to 4:25? 

My guess is it technically is a larger viewing audience for the 4:25 slot and the division is in fact on the line. So anything even remotely on the line will be better viewership from a networks point of view. 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Why are they flexing it?

Because there’s something riding on it. The majority of the 1pm games have very little impact on the post season; yes, the Bengals’ seeding needs to be sorted and the Steelers could make the play offs if they win out and the Jags shock the Colts but all in all they’re nothing games. Whereas the late afternoon games either have something riding on them or the conference has something riding on it so are being played in the later slot.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.